Affiliate Club

I successfully acquired an affiliate club (Witham) in my second season with Braintree but they cancelled the link to focus on bring more young players through at the end of that particular season. 

On my Club Finances page is clearly shows that I have no affiliate but when I get loan offers for players, it's from my affiliate club Witham whom I am not linked with anymore. 

Even when I offer any players to clubs to see if anyone is interested, there is no option to send players on loan to my affiliate. 

Screenshot_20210117_221652_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_20210117_221626_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_20210121_120745_com.sega.score.jpg

I think the whole affiliate thing needs looking at. I get bombarded with requests to loan my players from clubs that are no longer affiliates on my Gloucester City save. I just keep rejecting them but it’s annoying. 

Also now that I’m in the premier league, Cheltenham town my parent club is still an affiliate when it should probably be the other way around now. We need more control over the affiliates clubs. 

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Dan206 said:

I think the whole affiliate thing needs looking at. I get bombarded with requests to loan my players from clubs that are no longer affiliates on my Gloucester City save. I just keep rejecting them but it’s annoying. 

Also now that I’m in the premier league, Cheltenham town my parent club is still an affiliate when it should probably be the other way around now. We need more control over the affiliates clubs. 

Can you send your save in so I can take a look (also ensure you throw me your email address as I'll fix the issue and return the save if you want) ..

51 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Can you send your save in so I can take a look (also ensure you throw me your email address as I'll fix the issue and return the save if you want) ..

Thanks Marc, just uploaded the save. Also any advice on why I’m scoring so little and drawing a lot would be appreciated!

9 hours ago, Dan206 said:

Thanks Marc, just uploaded the save. Also any advice on why I’m scoring so little and drawing a lot would be appreciated!

🤣🤣🤣🤣 that's brilliant asking for tactics advice i also have the same problem with Cheltenham 

Screenshot_20210127-082806_FM21 Mobile.jpg

My Sunderland parent affiliate link was cancelled as I'm now a bigger club than they are, however it is still in the list of affiliate clubs. It doesn't really cause me any problems to be honest, just thought I'd mention it. 

I also have the issue of affiliate constantly asking for 3 month loans, many at the end of the season after all the games have been played which is a bit random.

Apologies for the long wait for my reply.

I have played through to the January transfer window and Witham have made another offer but unlike other players Witham are no longer an affiliate. 

I have tried and tried to upload the game to your servers by following your guide but unfortunately I had no success whatsoever. 

Screenshot_20210127_163025_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_20210127_163437_com.sega.score.jpg

• SI Staff

To keep people updated - I think I've fixed this issue (where affiliates who are no longer affiliates offer you players), it'll go into QA test and be part of the next major update which comes out.

22 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

To keep people updated - I think I've fixed this issue (where affiliates who are no longer affiliates offer you players), it'll go into QA test and be part of the next major update which comes out.

Any chance of a cancellation option ? 

On 26/01/2021 at 22:41, Dan206 said:

Hi Dan, I have your save. Just wanted to know which teams used to be your affiliates that are still making loan offers?

• SI Staff
On 26/01/2021 at 17:41, Dan206 said:

I'm on holiday presently (honest ;) ) - but will be working again tomorrow and take a look ...

10 hours ago, Louie Silvani said:

Hi Dan, I have your save. Just wanted to know which teams used to be your affiliates that are still making loan offers?

Hi Louie, it’s Cinderford and Slimbridge. I’ve gone on a couple of seasons now and bigger clubs are making loan offers so I seem to get less than I did from those previous affiliate clubs but they still come in for the less sought after youth players every now and again. 

9 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm on holiday presently (honest ;) ) - but will be working again tomorrow and take a look ...

Haha thanks Marc. I’ve gone on a couple of seasons and seemed to have solved the low scoring/ drawing problem I was having so don’t worry too much. Think switching to a more attacking 4-2-3-1 from 4-1-2-2-1 seemed to help and changing one of my coaches to a defensive helped with conceding. OR that was all just a coincidence and I needed to be more patient with my players!!

Hope you managed to have a good break!

• 2 weeks later...

It is a pain with Gloucester City.

Despite repeated requests every season, the board doesnt acquire an affiliate.

I'm in League 1 and only options I have are Slimbridge and Cinderford.

Is it worth sending my youngsters out or just keep them in the reserves?

By total coincidence the board actually found an affiliate in Vanarama North today!

Edited by DingDong
Update!

• 10 months later...
  • SI Staff

I've implemented a cancellation option here - it'll be 'coming' in a future update (not certain which one as it'll be reliant on QA - I use a local build here and just double checked it's working in the latest code) - when it's in you'll be able to select 'Terminate Affiliate' from the affiliate clubs squad list.

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

Umm... There is a Terminate Affiliation button in the game already. @aLago is picking up old thread from before that was added. @Marc Vaughan are you doing something extra beyond that? Maybe a way to terminate directly from the list?

Nope that's the one - wasn't sure if it'd snuck into the pre-xmas update or was still waiting to go (I always figure it's safest to say its 'coming' if I'm not sure rather that disappoint people) .... one of the hazards of running 'live' from the codebase is that I'm never quite certain what is actually out in the wild on the stores :D

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Nope that's the one - wasn't sure if it'd snuck into the pre-xmas update or was still waiting to go (I always figure it's safest to say its 'coming' if I'm not sure rather that disappoint people) .... one of the hazards of running 'live' from the codebase is that I'm never quite certain what is actually out in the wild on the stores :D

Thanks a lot!!! I found it. Guess it was in the update indeed or I was just very blind all this time!!!!