Struggle finding players after successive promotions?

I am struggling to find anyone good enough that actually wants to join. I am trying to focus more on mentals and physicals as priorirty but am still struggling.

I am having to resort to players who dont like big matches and may not be consistent. I get the realism factor is kicking in here with our reputation not being high enough yet even after the new season begins after June 23rd (I think). Just wondered if anyone on here had some creative ideas or ways they do it.

Do you rely solely on your scouts? how do you find those players?  

• 4 weeks later...

From my experience in my german lower league start i have it quite difficult this time and came in second again as my key striker was only playing 10 matches of 32 for injury reasons (i play with realistic injuries mod and other challenge adding mods) but also i got my first 2 Scouts at the end of season two (i bought and started fm21 only a few days ago) and had my trainers work as second job scouts which sucked.

I also noticed that i have no access to any of the few quality players (compared to the leagues average  skill and attribute requirements) and in my desperation bought blindly a 42 year old andorran international who came up in the expired contracts scouting list.

I could use him as midfielder as my midfield can have 1 very slow player and he was very good at mentals and ok at technic and gave me also a reputation boost that enabled me to unlock further somewhat better players i had no access to b4.

Access to players is a mix of Club and Manager reputation and the reputation you get from "Star Players" (in regard to your tier of football) and that means if you want more options on the transfer markt you need to invest in a few high profile players even if they are to old but with their fame and reputation you can attract other players to join your side (but save b4 to see if this works for your tier and league i have not tested it outside germany).

Loan Players with high profile and reputation also help to unlock more players.

Edited by Etebaer

6 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

You may find your reputation is still quite low in the scheme of other teams in the Championship if you've made quick successive promotions. 

Is there any way to check where my reputation is in comparison to other clubs like you can with the list of competitions?

Edited by djpdavey

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, djpdavey said:

Is there any way to check where my reputation is in comparison to other clubs like you can with the list of competitions?

If you click on the globe in the top right hand corner then Europe --> List (under Club Sub heading) --> Filter to England only. You can scroll down to see all the clubs in your league and the reputations. 

2 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

If you click on the globe in the top right hand corner then Europe --> List (under Club Sub heading) --> Filter to England only. You can scroll down to see all the clubs in your league and the reputations. 

Thanks! I now know which clubs I can raid from :)

There is a setting in the scouting list for players where you can set for "Transfer" and "Loan" vis the little cogwheel the probability of how a player would react to an offer and i have it set to "Doubtful" as the standard setting filters even more players away in the scouting list.