Two leagues that feed into one

TheDynamoFM

Hey all, I want to set up a Nation's Top league that has two regional divisions as sub-divisions. 

Lets call them A and B

A and B both have 10 teams, I want them to play round-robin so that's 18 games played int eh first half of the season 

I then the top 5 teams from A and B are sent to a new division C to play another 18 games to bring the total to 38: Winners of Division C will be Champion and  Continental cup qualifications come from.
The bottom 5 teams from A and B will be send to a Division D to play another 18 games; relegation to tier two will come from this group. 

Anyone have any ideas, or want to do one up for me so I can examine the Editor File.

Interesting. Someone better qualified than me may come along with better advice but this is how I'd attempt to do it.

The top division would be a single competition with various stages within it. In the advanced editor, your stage 0 wants to be a 'group' stage with 2 regionalised groups of 10 teams, 1 round of fixtures.

You then want to set qualification rules so that the top 5 from each group advance to Stage 1 (your Division C) where they play another round of fixtures. You can choose to either take the results from Stage 0 into Stage 1 or start afresh. 

Stage 2 is your division D.

I'd take a look at the scottish premiership which uses a similar system. the only difference with yours is that you'll regionalise the first phase. One feature I've found useful is the ability to duplicate competitions if you go to Advanced Rules > List, so maybe start by duplicating the Scottish Prem rules in that list, reassigning the competition that those rules apply to and edit away! 

Edited by L55DS