FM21 England Level 11 Challenge

Wrens Nest National League North 2032/33

Really thought I was in for a tough season but after playing on from my last post we had an amazing run in the FA cup (Lost in the 3rd rd) which really boosted our finances. Came across some decent free transfers and loans that sent us on a couple of really good runs. 

We placed 4th in our first season which I'm extremely happy considering we were 101-1 odds to win the league and predicted to come 20th. Lost to Kings Lynn Town in the Semi of the play off. Will really put in the effort over the off season to improve a few aras of our squad and push for a League title (and auto promotion). 

MVP: George Jones 

image.thumb.png.1b294dde5fe1e01313286297164c6c6d.png

image.png.35809b86c5a5f89e7c5780a59bf781ad.png

image.thumb.png.bd8f1214c76a6c8e15bfd37458677de7.png

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Wrens Nest National League North 2032/33

Really thought I was in for a tough season but after playing on from my last post we had an amazing run in the FA cup (Lost in the 3rd rd) which really boosted our finances. Came across some decent free transfers and loans that sent us on a couple of really good runs. 

We placed 4th in our first season which I'm extremely happy considering we were 101-1 odds to win the league and predicted to come 20th. Lost to Kings Lynn Town in the Semi of the play off. Will really put in the effort over the off season to improve a few aras of our squad and push for a League title (and auto promotion). 

MVP: George Jones 

image.thumb.png.1b294dde5fe1e01313286297164c6c6d.png

image.png.35809b86c5a5f89e7c5780a59bf781ad.png

image.thumb.png.bd8f1214c76a6c8e15bfd37458677de7.png

wow excellent season, the increased finances should really help you out.

Strensall Tigers Season 2

It was a very up and down season, with injuries to key players and losing key players on transfers.  We were given the task of winning promotion from level 10 by winning the league, and we were always pretty much in first but only by a handful of points.  We went into the last game needing one point for the title, and we did it.  (actually goal difference we were 3rd in the league.) Another really poor cup showings as well.  Money isn't looking great, Up to level 9 next season for the tigers!

image.png.b041c17c12ce37f26a95d702f08c0866.png

image.thumb.png.d0b2d6416f769b0d511c77f94c4738de.png

Strensall Tigers S3

No hardware, promotion to level 8 getting 2nd place in the league by 1 point.  Was 2 points behind on the last day.  My team loves getting red cards in cup competitions so that has proven to be stressful for silverware.

image.png.e74ff04dbf6ed3e128a98b54a4869986.png

image.thumb.png.9a5e49648d721b8ffff16427a9b9ea55.png

I think this run might be towards the end, I might see it out to see how it works itself out, but here's the issues in the save:

Finanical is the #1 and only problem, we were recently tookover last summer, which we had a transfer embargo the whole time, and obv missed out on chances to improve the squad once we were promoted.  The board only expects mid table and that's more than likely where we will finish unless in the last half the season we make quite the run.  Cup performance has been a nightmare as well.  

Attendance I guess is the other big problem, which i guess could tie into finanical issues, 3 promotions in a row haven't really improved on our attendance and we are only getting 60-90 people per home game, Having non contracted players, I can't sell players to make money, I have to give between $95-130 per appearance (US dollars) per game and not making anything on gate receipts.  So I'm not sure how I'm supposed to make money in the game at this level.  

The problem being I have in my contract to fix the clubs financial damage by the end of next year, but with us not getting promoted likely this year, we will be in the same situation next year and won't be able to turn this around short a miracle cup run so I think the save is doomed.  Also I've noticed this random $25000 'other' expense this month I have zero idea what it is, which has us now -$52k in the negative as our balance.  Any advice how to turn this around would be appreciated.  

image.thumb.png.258c50858f9ceb1ddc773b269e64a398.png

image.thumb.png.200336a7aa8cb30e7251b68123b167f5.png

Strensall Tigers S4

Didn't win anything, midtable finish in the league.  Hopefully can be alot more competitive with an entire offseason to actually strengthen the squad.  (If i don't get fired for being a broke team lol)

Well this is certainly an interesting development.  My average attendance is like 80.  (Granted we are renting a stadium not in our city).  They did this without asking

image.png.0f0343d0ccee13dbadcfb606524a01e7.png

25 minutes ago, Tyer said:

Well this is certainly an interesting development.  My average attendance is like 80.  (Granted we are renting a stadium not in our city).  They did this without asking

image.png.0f0343d0ccee13dbadcfb606524a01e7.png

Oh that is going to take a hit on your finances.

Wrens Nest Season 2033/34.

We have been promoted via the playoffs. 

Could of won the the championship but drew one of the last 4 matches which ment we missed out by 1 point. 

Smashed expectations - Avoid relegation.  

finances took a hit this year with most players being on part time contracts now and still one of the worst average attendance in the league. Sitting (100K) atm. 

Onwards and upwards. Quite worried about next season. I feel like it is going to be a big jump in ability. 

image.thumb.png.ec83c1939121b52497e34a5a7fedc9aa.png

Additional Information: 

The Club was sold. 

We have to expand our stadium due to league requirements. 

image.png.a93a4128d58295e5fb9fa195dc2b4354.png

MVP George Jones

image.thumb.png.390e4da61cc1a715e275e85f0dcb04b2.png

Edited by Waldo the Bear

14 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Could of won the the championship but drew one of the last 4 matches which ment we missed out by 1 point. 

finances took a hit this year with most players being on part time contracts now and still one of the worst average attendance in the league. Sitting (100K) atm. 

Onwards and upwards. Quite worried about next season. I feel like it is going to be a big jump in ability. 

Additional Information: 

The Club was sold. 

MVP George Jones

wooooooooooo

21 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Additional Information: 

The Club was sold. 

MVP George Jones

And i won the manager of the season

image.png.3f682121382226f029540f7728db6b0c.png

On 31/07/2021 at 14:43, lionel messi said:

Oh that is going to take a hit on your finances.

Ya, they bankrupted the club pretty much I'm guessing, it's costing 35k a month and I don't make even half that before even considering player wages...I'll see if I can hold on and have good results to keep me in the job, but I'm guessing that choice has me doomed.

On 02/08/2021 at 16:30, Tyer said:

Ya, they bankrupted the club pretty much I'm guessing, it's costing 35k a month and I don't make even half that before even considering player wages...I'll see if I can hold on and have good results to keep me in the job, but I'm guessing that choice has me doomed.

Keep your chin up, maybe you will have a good cup run.

Strensall Tigers 2025/26

No trophies, top half finish, not too far off playoffs, next season is the big one, they've slashed the payroll budget because we are massively in debt, so I need to hold on and survive the job and then maybe in the 27/28 season we can start to turn things around.  (That is assuming people come to this new stadium, my average attendance at the one we are renting is 110.)

image.thumb.png.c2e4ae833da37cff4b5ff127d3a289b2.png

3 hours ago, Tyer said:

Strensall Tigers 2025/26

No trophies, top half finish, not too far off playoffs, next season is the big one, they've slashed the payroll budget because we are massively in debt, so I need to hold on and survive the job and then maybe in the 27/28 season we can start to turn things around.  (That is assuming people come to this new stadium, my average attendance at the one we are renting is 110.)

image.thumb.png.c2e4ae833da37cff4b5ff127d3a289b2.png

How much are you in debt?

500k, basically the entire 35k a month loan for the stadium is what I can't make up.  so at the end of next season it will probably be 1mil.

If 1200 ppl start showing up to games in 2027, then we will be ok, if 120 keep showing up, might as well fold the team. (why they decided to build a stadium w/ a capacity of 12k is beyond me.)

you can see where we bought a stadium ha

image.png.03029f01670bb7c327c62e24ffa38c99.png

Edited by Tyer

20 hours ago, Tyer said:

500k, basically the entire 35k a month loan for the stadium is what I can't make up.  so at the end of next season it will probably be 1mil.

If 1200 ppl start showing up to games in 2027, then we will be ok, if 120 keep showing up, might as well fold the team. (why they decided to build a stadium w/ a capacity of 12k is beyond me.)

you can see where we bought a stadium ha

image.png.03029f01670bb7c327c62e24ffa38c99.png

Yeah tough job ahead making the team competitive.

11 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Another 30 points on the board & promotion to the regional premier divisions.

Decent runs in the cups.

Finances are ok with £40k in the bank but we paid out £140k during the season on other expenses which was a bit strange.

Capture.thumb.JPG.81913d97759a2324e0156b180b4c4593.JPG

Good work!  What kind of tactics are you liking in lower leagues?  I've been doing a 4-2-4 but lately it's not getting goals much at all (I have the best defense but a really poor offense, about a 0 goal difference halfway through my season)

18 minutes ago, Tyer said:

Good work!  What kind of tactics are you liking in lower leagues?  I've been doing a 4-2-4 but lately it's not getting goals much at all (I have the best defense but a really poor offense, about a 0 goal difference halfway through my season)

im using a 4-3-3

Strensall Tigers 25/26 -

Another mid table finish, no trophies, now to see if we get fired or a new contract, or if the team is in administration.  But if I stay we got a nice new shiny stadium in a couple months!

image.thumb.png.e4bb58c89b6a901b84525861bc7930bf.png

I think it actually saved the club.  We had an 9 mil loan for 25 years for the stadium, but now it's only a 2.6 mil loan, we have the stadium, and our balance is positive now.  10k people came to the first league game, giving us a huge amount of money.  (only 600 came to our FA cup match, and still about 150 per normal home game.)  So now my team has 250k in the bank and will have to pay 16k a month basically for the reminder of the save.  Here's our financials page.  (Not sure what i'm going to do about the payroll, they slashed it in half and I cant sell enough players to get under that and field 11 players lol)

image.thumb.png.728b6fb0e7f1608ed477d24913cdc481.png

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

No trophy this season but managed to get promoted via the playoffs. 35 points to the total.

Had a good run in the FA Cup reaching the 2nd round.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.47b70841489347f555109e5a9de8a3d5.JPG

Nice. Players start to get interested in joining your club when you are in N/S.

I haven't been able to play as much as normal but cruising along in my second season in VNL about 2/3 through the season. We are currently fighting in the the title fight with 14 games to go.

On 11/08/2021 at 03:48, Tyer said:

Strensall Tigers 25/26 -

Another mid table finish, no trophies, now to see if we get fired or a new contract, or if the team is in administration.  But if I stay we got a nice new shiny stadium in a couple months!

image.thumb.png.e4bb58c89b6a901b84525861bc7930bf.png

Nice to see my local team in your division.

10 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Nice. Players start to get interested in joining your club when you are in N/S.

I haven't been able to play as much as normal but cruising along in my second season in VNL about 2/3 through the season. We are currently fighting in the the title fight with 14 games to go.

Im having a little trouble getting better players in but it might be because my squad is already quite good for national league n/s.

Most of the players i have been going for have been snapped up by national league sides and in most cases League 2 & League 1 sides.

42 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Im having a little trouble getting better players in but it might be because my squad is already quite good for national league n/s.

Most of the players i have been going for have been snapped up by national league sides and in most cases League 2 & League 1 sides.

Loans help you should be able to get good players on no wage from bigger clubs. I think you can have up to 6 long term loans in N/S

Which is your local team?  I'm looking forward to next season where hopefully my financial situation is sorted out and I can actually start to make some moves. 

I'll easily be able to survive this season even with the 10 point deduction unless something goes terribly wrong.  About 1/3 through the season I'm out of the drop and would be 3rd if not for the -10

Also, my first save when I took Dulwich Hamlet from National N/S to League 1 before I took a Premier job, having West Ham as my senior affiliate filled up my squad with awesome free young players.

14 minutes ago, Tyer said:

Which is your local team?  I'm looking forward to next season where hopefully my financial situation is sorted out and I can actually start to make some moves. 

I'll easily be able to survive this season even with the 10 point deduction unless something goes terribly wrong.  About 1/3 through the season I'm out of the drop and would be 3rd if not for the -10

Hucknall Town.

Glad you will be able to survive, whats the attendances like?

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Hucknall Town.

Glad you will be able to survive, whats the attendances like?

Still in the 150 range, but my home opener set the all time attendance record for that league with 11000.  Also made the 1st round of FA cup for the first time and my 4th round qualifying game brought in 1500.  So money should turn itself around.  Although I'm a bit confused why the game says I'm Insecure at this point with $300k in the bank and making money.

(I may have spoke too soon on being safe we've gone on a horrible losing streak)

Edited by Tyer

10 hours ago, Tyer said:

Also, my first save when I took Dulwich Hamlet from National N/S to League 1 before I took a Premier job, having West Ham as my senior affiliate filled up my squad with awesome free young players.

My board will not agree to senior affilite, i have tried a few times already.

Maybe when i get a little bit further up the pyramid and have more money they may agree to it.

Strensall Tigers 27/28 season

Blah season, mid table, just needed to survive with the 10 point deduction.  1st round of FA cup was a nice run.  Hopefully this ends the 3 year saga of my finances being screwed with the new stadium.

image.thumb.png.16f1afd4d1ab1b83cf4f711868af2822.png