Turkish Delight

goonergez

88366785_turkishteams.png.315e231aab77462285d2f1e0d0fc347e.png

Football in Turkey may not be enjoying it's most reputable time but it's fair to say that passion is found in abundance, and the fans' are amongst some of the most passionate in the world. The Galatasaray vs Fenerbache rivalry is considered one of the fiercest in the world, and is by far the most watched game worldwide within Turkish football. It looks to be fairly competitive, and as well as the league there is also a Turkish Cup and Turkish Super Cup for the winners. The big three of Galatasaray, Fenerbache and Besiktas are obviously the most well known, but in recent times there has been the growth of Istanbul Basaksehir too which adds more competition. For more of a challenge there is also the fact that Bursaspor are currently playing in the second tier too. Galatasaray may be the most successful team of all time nationally with 22 league titles and 18 cup wins, but they also defeated Arsenal in 2000 to win the UEFA Cup. That remains the only continental cup win by a Turkish team. No Turkish side has gone further in recent times than a 2013 appearance in the Champions League quarter-finals.

The Turkish National League known as the Superlig was established back in 1959 and was the first nationwide league competition in the country. It ranks under UEFA as the 11th league in Europe for performances by teams at continental level, ensuring that the league winners go straight into the Group Stages of the Champions League.

1872226368_istanbultitle.jpg.ddeb2d4151c3c6aefabd6f562f38748d.jpg

(Istanbul Basaksehir celebrate their title win last season. They only entered the top flight back in the 2006/07 season)

The current holders are Istanbul Basaksehir who topped the pile after finishing as runners-up for the previous two campaigns. The most successful team is Galatasaray (with their 22 league wins), and only six teams have ever lifted the trophy since it began. The others being Fenerbache (19 times), Besiktas (15 times), Trabzonspor (6 occasions) and a solitary win for Bursaspor. Turkish national legend Hakan Sukur is the competitions all time top scorer with a quite impressive 249 strikes.

The national team has qualified for three World Cups and a total of five European Championships. They will be taking part this summer in the coronavirus delayed Euro 2020. In 2002 they shocked the world as they reached the semi-finals of the World Cup. Within the next five years they added further semi-final appearances in the 2003 Confederations cup and also the European Championships of 2008. This put them in a record high of 5th in the world rankings. They currently sit in 32nd. Former Barcelona goalkeeper Recber Rustu made a record 120 caps for his country, and Hakan Sukur is the record goal scorer with a total of 51 international goals. There are some good players in the current national setup including Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu and Lille striker Burak Yilmaz. Premier League participation comes from Everton striker Cenk Tosun and also Leicester City duo Caglar Soyuncu and Cengiz Under.

It looks to be a very competitive nation indeed with a number of competitive teams. As I mentioned before, the big clubs are definitely Galatasaray, Fenerbache and Besiktas. Outside of that the growth of Istanbul Basaksehir also brings a challenge. Can you keep them performing at the top level and give a good showing in the Champions League? There are some exciting players plying their trade within Turkey too, with former Manchester United defender Rafael, Atletico Madrid man Radamel Falcao and former Chelsea man Demba Ba all appearing. Add to that Mehmet Topal, Nacer Chadli, Arda Turan, Kevin-Prince Boateng and a host more. Personally I have never managed here before, but it certainly looks competitive enough to make for an interesting save.

turkey national.jpg

Edited by goonergez

• goonergez changed the title to Turkish Delight

I don't know how popular this thread may end up being, but I decided to start it in the hope that some of us can interact and share our games. I have never managed in Turkey before, but have just started my first save within the country. I won't reveal who it is just yet, but it's someone completely different to my normal sort of approaches. Thought it was about time to start somewhere completely different, and so Turkey it is for me.........

1 minute ago, goonergez said:

I don't know how popular this thread may end up being, but I decided to start it in the hope that some of us can interact and share our games. I have never managed in Turkey before, but have just started my first save within the country. I won't reveal who it is just yet, but it's someone completely different to my normal sort of approaches. Thought it was about time to start somewhere completely different, and so Turkey it is for me.........

I will do a Galatasary and Turkey national team save at some point.

503667738_Antalyasporcrest.png.38b518ca635d82a8f01bd8fa86504066.png

Antalyaspor FC: Takeover Report

I've found this edition of the game quite hard to get really stuck into, despite numerous hours of game play. For that reason and a string of failures I decided my best option may be to opt for something completely different to my normal go to save. I decided I would try and manage a team in a league and country that has never crossed my mind to try before. After debating the possibility of Romania or even South America of some sort I settled on Turkey as my chosen nation. Club wise my decision was easy as I am hoping to make this very much a long term save. That therefore ruled out the big clubs and I decided it was too early to be contemplating a lower league save within Turkey also. I decided to opt for Antalyaspor for two specific reasons.

-I visited the ground on holiday with the missus a couple of years ago (see profile pic)
-They have Lukas Podolski in their ranks. As an Arsenal fan I am a big fan of him.

The club also have a pretty good base of which to work upon. They are a solid mid-table side, and play at the pretty decent Antalya Stadium

IMG_6425.jpg.391ede85109fca488b6a0e0ae6782183.jpg
(The new Antalyaspor FC manager visits the Stadium on holiday years before his appointment as manager)

Having arrived at the club the first thing I did was set about looking at the squad and deciding how I can fit my intended system around them. For me Lukas Podolski looks like the best option up front, and in midfield I was surprised to find Nuri Sahin within the ranks. Defensively the options look solid enough, and in goal there is an impressive option in Ruud Boffin. The options on the wings also look decent enough, and there is plenty of young talent dotted throughout the first team squad. I'm going to play a 4-5-1 formation with a holding midfielder sitting in front of my back four. My plan is to play a deep lying counter attacking style. Being strong defensively will be really important to me. We have a really good winger at the club in Serdar Gurler. He joined from Goztepe (within our league) and has significant quality. Unfortunately he is out for up to seven months with torn knee ligaments though. We probably won't see much of him during my opening campaign here which is a little disappointing. There is also 18-year old Gokdeniz Bayrakdar to offer a glimmer of promise though. The youngster signed from a club in the third tier of Turkish football, but definitely looks to possess enough talent to feature during my tenure.

8118531_BestTeam.png.cb60a3d667e8484ad76ac972fc1bed92.png

(Suggested best eleven for the club from assistant manager Volkan Kazak)

The transfer market will be used, although there isn't too much to play with. Up top Lukas Podolski is now 35, and the best backup for him is Macedonian Adis Jahovic who is 33. Finding a decent younger option will be a priority. We also don't have an out and out defensive midfield player really. Nuri Sahin is apparently our best option, but his creativity will be needed higher up the pitch. I can see him being our best player, and don't want to minimalize his impact by making him too defensively orientated.

1674112460_podolskianta.jpg.ae196c1de284c961461478bd449e1f2d.jpg
(The goals of German legend Lukas Podolski will prove vital if Antalyaspor are to match any pre-season hopes and predictions)

For my first season in charge I am pretty pleased with the board expectations. The media predict this team to finish in 9th place, and the board want a top-half finish. The inherited squad looks good enough to do that, although we lack quality compared to the big sides. I expect Istanbul, Galatasaray, Fenerbache and Besiktas to run away towards the top, but it would be nice to end up as one of the best of the rest. I am worried about the expectations to challenge for the league title next season though. I am not entirely sure that twelve months is enough time for me to improve the squad that much if I am honest.

127805416_ClubVision.png.7e94217413f49da9927e054312f1f5af.png

My first task is to try and get my staff and transfer activity sorted out though. There is some dead wood in the squad, and I will look to shift some of it on in order to raise funds. Our wage budget is pretty bloated, and I have a transfer budget of £800,000 to play with. I don't expect a lot of activity, but I will definitely be looking to add one or two new faces to the squad.

------------------------------------------------

Antalyaspor FC Honours:

none

289283484_Antalyasporcrest.png.ad12e7f8667f0b489ff3aee3769e24d5.png

Antalyaspor FC: Squad Overview

The inherited squad looked pretty good, if not full of an older generation. There was some clear quality in the team, but the overall age is somewhat worrying. The key men in the side are near enough all the wrong side of 30, and that's something that will have to be addressed.

In goal Ruud Boffin is definitely number one, but Ferhat Kaplan offers up as a more than able backup. 20-year old Dogukan Ozkan is also a very exciting prospect after his arrival from Besiktas. Defensively experience is the key. Russian Fedor Kudryashov is a shoe in at left back and Veysel Sari is a great right back option. 31-year old Naldo has recently arrived from Werder Bremen and is a standout at centre back. Experienced Bahadir Ozturk looks a capable partner for him but a new centre back could be of benefit. There is also Ersan Gulum in the ranks, but he looks like much more of a backup option. The defence is short of numbers, but holds in it a lot of experience.

naldo.jpg.2e32eb79237bbe411757da38ca43d360.jpg

(31-year old Naldo will be relied upon at the back for Antalyaspor this season)

In midfield it is 31-year old Nuri Sahin who stands out. He's going to be a real key component of our side, and a focal point for all things good. Alongside him I like the look of youngster Ufuk Akyol, and he offers a more youthful option at just 22-years old. Experienced wingers Fredy and Sidney Sam both look like very good options. Especially in the absence of our best winger Serdar Gurler. His injury will be a big loss for us early doors, but he could prove almost like a new signing and will hopefully give us some impetus when he returns to fitness.

1433507987_UfukAkyol.png.eda06a9ee2f927a5d8f0539a8040c2d8.png

Up top we have the 35-year old Lukas Podolski and all of his natural finishing ability. He's going to be someone we rely on heavily. 33-year old Adis Jahovic is a more than able backup, and Jamaican Dever Orgill has recently arrived to offer some cover. All three of them are over 30 though, and longer term that is something we will need to replace.

Transfer wise there are a few players I expect to leave, although not that many. There are a couple of younger players I will try to get a loan deal out of the club, but not many. Arrival wise I can see three positions we need to look at. I think a central defensive partner for Naldo is a priority, as I am not sure I have complete faith in the other options. A defensive midfielder is also needed, as I don't want to use Nuri Sahin in that position. My hopes will be to find a proper ball winner to sit in front of the back four to give Sahin the freedom to play further up the pitch.
Slightly less of a priority is a younger option to play up front. In my eyes we possess enough quality in front of goal, but I am just worried about the age. Experience is fantastic, but fitness may prove an issue over a long campaign. I'll be spending a bit of time looking for a younger player to try and bring into the first team fold as a long term replacement for the older guys.

I have £800,000 to spend, plus anything that we can bring in through sales. It doesn't make for a very easy summer, but it's an exciting one nonetheless. Hopefully we can shift a few players on and then bring in what we need to complete our squad for the coming campaign.

-----------------------------------------------------

Antalyaspor FC Honours:

none

Edited by goonergez

4 saat önce, goonergez said:

503667738_Antalyasporcrest.png.38b518ca635d82a8f01bd8fa86504066.png

Antalyaspor FC: Takeover Report

I've found this edition of the game quite hard to get really stuck into, despite numerous hours of game play. For that reason and a string of failures I decided my best option may be to opt for something completely different to my normal go to save. I decided I would try and manage a team in a league and country that has never crossed my mind to try before. After debating the possibility of Romania or even South America of some sort I settled on Turkey as my chosen nation. Club wise my decision was easy as I am hoping to make this very much a long term save. That therefore ruled out the big clubs and I decided it was too early to be contemplating a lower league save within Turkey also. I decided to opt for Antalyaspor for two specific reasons.

-I visited the ground on holiday with the missus a couple of years ago (see profile pic)
-They have Lukas Podolski in their ranks. As an Arsenal fan I am a big fan of him.

The club also have a pretty good base of which to work upon. They are a solid mid-table side, and play at the pretty decent Antalya Stadium

IMG_6425.jpg.391ede85109fca488b6a0e0ae6782183.jpg
(The new Antalyaspor FC manager visits the Stadium on holiday years before his appointment as manager)

Having arrived at the club the first thing I did was set about looking at the squad and deciding how I can fit my intended system around them. For me Lukas Podolski looks like the best option up front, and in midfield I was surprised to find Nuri Sahin within the ranks. Defensively the options look solid enough, and in goal there is an impressive option in Ruud Boffin. The options on the wings also look decent enough, and there is plenty of young talent dotted throughout the first team squad. I'm going to play a 4-5-1 formation with a holding midfielder sitting in front of my back four. My plan is to play a deep lying counter attacking style. Being strong defensively will be really important to me. We have a really good winger at the club in Serdar Gurler. He joined from Goztepe (within our league) and has significant quality. Unfortunately he is out for up to seven months with torn knee ligaments though. We probably won't see much of him during my opening campaign here which is a little disappointing. There is also 18-year old Gokdeniz Bayrakdar to offer a glimmer of promise though. The youngster signed from a club in the third tier of Turkish football, but definitely looks to possess enough talent to feature during my tenure.

8118531_BestTeam.png.cb60a3d667e8484ad76ac972fc1bed92.png

(Suggested best eleven for the club from assistant manager Volkan Kazak)

The transfer market will be used, although there isn't too much to play with. Up top Lukas Podolski is now 35, and the best backup for him is Macedonian Adis Jahovic who is 33. Finding a decent younger option will be a priority. We also don't have an out and out defensive midfield player really. Nuri Sahin is apparently our best option, but his creativity will be needed higher up the pitch. I can see him being our best player, and don't want to minimalize his impact by making him too defensively orientated.

1674112460_podolskianta.jpg.ae196c1de284c961461478bd449e1f2d.jpg
(The goals of German legend Lukas Podolski will prove vital if Antalyaspor are to match any pre-season hopes and predictions)

For my first season in charge I am pretty pleased with the board expectations. The media predict this team to finish in 9th place, and the board want a top-half finish. The inherited squad looks good enough to do that, although we lack quality compared to the big sides. I expect Istanbul, Galatasaray, Fenerbache and Besiktas to run away towards the top, but it would be nice to end up as one of the best of the rest. I am worried about the expectations to challenge for the league title next season though. I am not entirely sure that twelve months is enough time for me to improve the squad that much if I am honest.

127805416_ClubVision.png.7e94217413f49da9927e054312f1f5af.png

My first task is to try and get my staff and transfer activity sorted out though. There is some dead wood in the squad, and I will look to shift some of it on in order to raise funds. Our wage budget is pretty bloated, and I have a transfer budget of £800,000 to play with. I don't expect a lot of activity, but I will definitely be looking to add one or two new faces to the squad.

------------------------------------------------

Antalyaspor FC Honours:

none

hello mate die hard Galatasaray fan here.Outside big three antalya is nice team to select because so many young turkısh players(also bursaspor at second league has so many young players).Antalya is good but some agıng players maybe concern.Podolskı(old arsenal and galatasaray star) is your star he has all but pace ıf u let hım freed by defending responsibilities he would be great.ı dont lıke jahovic ın real lıfe he plays lıke a ghost ın my opınıon :)nuri is great deep lyıng playmaker or regista bünyamın is very good.weakest areas are full backs and serdar ın my opınon boffın ıs two way blade never know whats he gonna play.I could help at any your questıon and lookıng at your save hope u do well.I wıll make a galatasaray save but waıtıng for transfers to end.

cheers mate sorry for long answer :)

50 minutes ago, dido53 said:

hello mate die hard Galatasaray fan here.Outside big three antalya is nice team to select because so many young turkısh players(also bursaspor at second league has so many young players).Antalya is good but some agıng players maybe concern.Podolskı(old arsenal and galatasaray star) is your star he has all but pace ıf u let hım freed by defending responsibilities he would be great.ı dont lıke jahovic ın real lıfe he plays lıke a ghost ın my opınıon :)nuri is great deep lyıng playmaker or regista bünyamın is very good.weakest areas are full backs and serdar ın my opınon boffın ıs two way blade never know whats he gonna play.I could help at any your questıon and lookıng at your save hope u do well.I wıll make a galatasaray save but waıtıng for transfers to end.

cheers mate sorry for long answer :)

Fantastic! Glad that everything you said is pretty much what I thought! I only really chose Antalya because I visited the stadium and they have Podolski! I look forward to your Galatasaray game! 

15 dakika önce, goonergez said:

Fantastic! Glad that everything you said is pretty much what I thought! I only really chose Antalya because I visited the stadium and they have Podolski! I look forward to your Galatasaray game! 

thanks :) ım playıng wıth brentford now ıts 4th season ı waıted for wınter transfer update because we are makıng some deals and pendıng ones :) turkısh league is fun actually but the rules are gettıng hard be aware of that.Because the foreıgn rule will change ın 3 years u have to reduce foreıgn player number year by year also u can play 8 7 and less by year so when u make deal consıder the foreıgn rule ın future.Antalya s biggest pro ın game ıs good turkısh youth and ı guess u can attract big names because of tourısm :):)

A great reason to take over this club in Turkey, I hope you enjoy it!

I managed Fenerbahce on FM20 (first time in Turkey) because after lockdown started Turkey, Germany & Norway were the first places to be playing European football that was broadcast on TV. The foreign rules are tough - you need a lot of Turkish players as they don't have the same non-EU rules as many countries. 

Best of luck.

5 minutes ago, goonergez said:

That's a shame. Always appreciate your updates.

Thanks, appreciated. Well you never know - I haven't found the ideal European adventure yet this year. I got quite in to Turkey & Norway leagues last season so had a bit of a grasp on players - but I'm almost a year out of date now. My advice would be, get the best young Turkish players you can get for squad number purposes and use foreign markets for your key players and 'stardust'. 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

2 dakika önce, goonergez said:

Transfer window has just shut and my approach was pretty much exactly that. One foreign player and one Turkish.

my suggestıon is raid bursaspor.Burak kapacak alı akman batuhan kör ismail çokçalış great players great adds to you also burak ince from altınordu.Bursaspor players ı named are already great and wıll be get much much better.Galatasaray besıktas and fener also has good youth players but maybe hard to convınce them to joın u quıckly.

1967309785_Antalyasporcrest.png.51d70a763855e49bb7038ecb2bd1e4da.png

Antalyaspor FC: End of summer window

My lack of knowledge of Turkish football may have been seen as a blessing, or indeed a hinderance. Finding potential signings would prove tough, but I feel like we conducted some really good business. I'm pleased with how my first month or so has gone as manager here. I added £2,800,000 to my transfer budget with the sale of winger Amilton to fellow SuperLig side Fenerbache. The 30-year old was in the last year of his deal here, and I couldn't see any room in my squad for him. I was shocked when Fenerbache came in for him, but delighted to take the money. If I am honest I can't really see him getting much football for them anyway, and he definitely wasn't going to get it here with us. We made a further £165,000 in selling third choice left back Eren Albayrak to Okayama FC of Japan. Another I didn't see as a part of my plans, and more money broken into our transfer kitty. Finally a couple of youngsters left the football club on loan, hopefully to pick up some minutes playing first team football. The most notable is probably 20-year old Albanian winger Omar Imeri who went to Ankara Keciorengucu for the season.

Arrival wise there were just the two, and we spent a lot more than I would've hoped for on both. I filled the gap at centre back with the signing of 27-year old Greek Dimitris Chatziisaias for a fee of £700,000. He should fit perfectly into our back line, and has plenty of years left in him yet. I am more excited with the arrival of 22-year old Mehmet Ozcan to play in our holding midfield position. The youngster cost £900,000 from Eskisehirspor, but should be a valuable addition. Despite hunting around a lot I was unable to find a long term replacement for Lukas Podolski up front, and will keep looking over the season.

On the pitch we haven't really started very well at all.

730362653_Antalyaspor_Fixtures-3.png.d0500ea056d2afb2338c26a2b8d07ce1.png

An impressive opening day win has been followed with some real poor performances, and defensively we've been poor. The new signings haven't blended yet, and the only player to impress has been Lukas Podolski. He's grabbed a couple of goals already and looks a constant threat. Nuri Sahin may as well not have been on the pitch so far, and has contributed absolutely nothing. 
Hopefully things will improve as the players get used to me and my style. I'm confident I can achieve something with this side, it's just been a very slow start thus far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Antalyaspor FC Honours:

none

On 29.01.2021 at 16:26, goonergez said:

1967309785_Antalyasporcrest.png.51d70a763855e49bb7038ecb2bd1e4da.png

Antalyaspor FC: End of summer window

My lack of knowledge of Turkish football may have been seen as a blessing, or indeed a hinderance. Finding potential signings would prove tough, but I feel like we conducted some really good business. I'm pleased with how my first month or so has gone as manager here. I added £2,800,000 to my transfer budget with the sale of winger Amilton to fellow SuperLig side Fenerbache. The 30-year old was in the last year of his deal here, and I couldn't see any room in my squad for him. I was shocked when Fenerbache came in for him, but delighted to take the money. If I am honest I can't really see him getting much football for them anyway, and he definitely wasn't going to get it here with us. We made a further £165,000 in selling third choice left back Eren Albayrak to Okayama FC of Japan. Another I didn't see as a part of my plans, and more money broken into our transfer kitty. Finally a couple of youngsters left the football club on loan, hopefully to pick up some minutes playing first team football. The most notable is probably 20-year old Albanian winger Omar Imeri who went to Ankara Keciorengucu for the season.

Arrival wise there were just the two, and we spent a lot more than I would've hoped for on both. I filled the gap at centre back with the signing of 27-year old Greek Dimitris Chatziisaias for a fee of £700,000. He should fit perfectly into our back line, and has plenty of years left in him yet. I am more excited with the arrival of 22-year old Mehmet Ozcan to play in our holding midfield position. The youngster cost £900,000 from Eskisehirspor, but should be a valuable addition. Despite hunting around a lot I was unable to find a long term replacement for Lukas Podolski up front, and will keep looking over the season.

On the pitch we haven't really started very well at all.

730362653_Antalyaspor_Fixtures-3.png.d0500ea056d2afb2338c26a2b8d07ce1.png

An impressive opening day win has been followed with some real poor performances, and defensively we've been poor. The new signings haven't blended yet, and the only player to impress has been Lukas Podolski. He's grabbed a couple of goals already and looks a constant threat. Nuri Sahin may as well not have been on the pitch so far, and has contributed absolutely nothing. 
Hopefully things will improve as the players get used to me and my style. I'm confident I can achieve something with this side, it's just been a very slow start thus far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Antalyaspor FC Honours:

none

trabzon is one of the big teams so not a big surprise.Malatya is very good at the game ı dont know how but they always fınısh very high.hatay is team with plan the have really good attackıng players with pace.Few games later ı guess your tactics will be better and u get results.In my beta save with galatasaray ı saw on team report team lacks pace so ı play low tempo game and worked maybe u should do same or at least experımental things about that things because podolskı nuri and some of your players are not very young :)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a great thread, and after quite a few one season saves, I think ive found a club that really does need a big rebuild:

Galatasaray S.K

Cim Bom

cim.thumb.png.c87f12e8b5fde11333462e51e21ac341.png

The board have some pretty lofty goals considering we finished 5th last season, wanting all the domestic trophies and qualification to the Europa League proper.

However, I didnt quite realise the situation:

• Hardly any money
  • A seriously old squad....Like SERIOUSLY old. Many key players in their 30s and on their way down
  • Players who dont want to run and have almost no work ethic
  • Already up to the maximum slots used for foreign players
  • Average facilities, which wont help the development of the young players.

So i feel like this might be quite a challenge, especially considering the squad imminently needs a rebuild.

And im also rubbish at this game. Wish me luck!

3 dakika önce, FMunderachiever said:

This looks like a great thread, and after quite a few one season saves, I think ive found a club that really does need a big rebuild:

Galatasaray S.K

Cim Bom

The board have some pretty lofty goals considering we finished 5th last season, wanting all the domestic trophies and qualification to the Europa League proper.

• Hardly any money
  • A seriously old squad....Like SERIOUSLY old. Many key players in their 30s and on their way down

So i feel like this might be quite a challenge, especially considering the squad imminently needs a rebuild.

Mate big Galatasaray fan here.Dont look last years 5th place(after covid team hit bottom) the squad is very good but as u said aged but low tempo passıng game with the players we got u could easily win the league.Financial fair play ends end of season so u wıll have money(not lıke premıer league money but hey)as u said the worst situatıon ıs foreıgn player rule so watch out for the next years.

So my advice play 433 or 4231 but ı prefer 433 customısed vertical tiki taka could be best optıon.the thıng u should look out ıs contract sıtuatıons some your big players out of contract end of season(muslera our club legend)belhanda drives us mad ın real lıfe but but he ıs good at game so cash hım ımmediately or use him with lower wage.Galatasaray is the best team ın Turkey so ıts not very hard to be champıons

ps:ı wıll do a new career with galatasaray but waıtıng for wınter update because we made some deals

mustafa mohammed(strıker we need falcao gets ınjured all tıme)

gedson fernandes loan from benfica former spurs

henry onyekuru speed demon at left side who play great

deandre yedlin again speed right back from newcastle

halil dervişğolu from brentford

ım here with all help you need 

15 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Galatasaray S.K

Cim Bom

• Hardly any money

I have always fancied doing a save with Galatasaray cos of their history and also their team colors. I like that it is challenging. I look forward to seeing how you do with them.

2 dakika önce, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I have always fancied doing a save with Galatasaray cos of their history and also their team colors. I like that it is challenging. I look forward to seeing how you do with them.

hope you do mate :) we want a new european trophy :) 

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am doing this challenge at the moment which will take a long time but after I done the challenge I will try bring Europeon glory to Galatasaray.

Lookıng forward to.ı wıll make galatasaray save after update also

How are you guys finding the youth intakes in Turkey?

I'm tempted to start a Turkish save with an emphasis on developing home grown players. I notice that the Turkish nation rating is relatively high, suggesting that decent newgens should appear but then the youth recruitment ratings for Turkish teams is surprisingly really low, even for the top clubs.

How are you guys finding it?

5 saat önce, davehibb said:

How are you guys finding the youth intakes in Turkey?

I'm tempted to start a Turkish save with an emphasis on developing home grown players. I notice that the Turkish nation rating is relatively high, suggesting that decent newgens should appear but then the youth recruitment ratings for Turkish teams is surprisingly really low, even for the top clubs.

How are you guys finding it?

actually ın game specially big teams youth facilities and recruıtment is not good but ı dont know how they produce very good players.Altınordu and bursaspor are always have good players.

2 hours ago, dido53 said:

actually ın game specially big teams youth facilities and recruıtment is not good but ı dont know how they produce very good players.Altınordu and bursaspor are always have good players.

That is something I found really interesting, the fact that even the big clubs have really low youth recruitment, relatively.

So it should be fairly easy for a team outside the big clubs to build a very solid youth recruitment and academy based team and for Turkey to be a decent place for a build the nation type save. Bursaspor do look quite interesting with that in mind.

1 saat önce, davehibb said:

That is something I found really interesting, the fact that even the big clubs have really low youth recruitment, relatively.

So it should be fairly easy for a team outside the big clubs to build a very solid youth recruitment and academy based team and for Turkey to be a decent place for a build the nation type save. Bursaspor do look quite interesting with that in mind.

As you saıd ıts very ınterestıng when ı manage galatasaray ı  get no good youth players when ı dont ı see them great :)Its actually hard because of the money situatıons becaus at the end big teams has better squads and money but ıf you are up for challenge then ıts ok :) ın game malatyaspor and gençlerbirliği always fınıshes top 5 even they have not so great squads.

In game ı dont know why but most of the turkısh league has low technıcal abılıtıes ı dont understand why(more than normal ın my opınıon)

Bursaspor ıs great with so many academy players but hard to keep them.Ali akman(signed for free end of season to frankfurt ın real lıfe)burak kapacak,batuhan kör,ismail çokçalış all great players but hard to keep them because bursa are desperate for the money 

If you select to manage at turkısh first league bursaspor istanbulspor and altınordu seems to be best(because foreıgn rule will change and after seasons they reduce them)so buıltıng team with homegrown players and foreıgners are your choıce

You will compensate that loss of domestic youth of quality with the ones getting produced all around western Europe. In my previous simulations Turkish gems always appear in Germany, Holland, Austria etc. and they do create a pretty good national team on the long side. Dunno how you can attract them to Turkish cluba though if they are wanted by the likes of PSG and City even as youngsters.

Been contemplating playing in the Turkish league for a while now, probably going to start in the TFF 1. Lig but not sure if I shoul take the easy road (like Bursa or Samsun) or to make it a bit difficult and try to create a dinasty (maybe Bandimar, Baliksehir or Bolu). @dido53 who would you consider to be the hardest team in a smaller city (I wont play in Istanbul, Ankara or Izmir)?

5 dakika önce, Muttley84 said:

You will compensate that loss of domestic youth of quality with the ones getting produced all around western Europe. In my previous simulations Turkish gems always appear in Germany, Holland, Austria etc. and they do create a pretty good national team on the long side. Dunno how you can attract them to Turkish cluba though if they are wanted by the likes of PSG and City even as youngsters.

Been contemplating playing in the Turkish league for a while now, probably going to start in the TFF 1. Lig but not sure if I shoul take the easy road (like Bursa or Samsun) or to make it a bit difficult and try to create a dinasty (maybe Bandimar, Baliksehir or Bolu). @dido53 who would you consider to be the hardest team in a smaller city (I wont play in Istanbul, Ankara or Izmir)?

bandırma balıkesir bolu are choices ı dont lıke the way they play(bandırma is better after new manager)are u lookıng for a hard team?eskişehir is the hardest(transfer ban nearly all youth players)adanaspor eskişehir and ankaraspor relegated actually last year but after covid they changed the rules.

I would choose bursaspor ıstanbulspor and samsunspor for the long run because they have good squad and promotıon is really on the cards and u have the opportunıty to built your team around foreıgn rule because year after year they reduce the number and u should play homegrown academy players bursa samsun and altınordu is the best choıces ın that area.

believe me new foreıgn rule and academy rule is so bad the game is deadlocked after season 3 :)

1 hour ago, dido53 said:

believe me new foreıgn rule and academy rule is so bad the game is deadlocked after season 3

So I will have to play 2 U22 players in my starting 11 if I read that right?

And the foreigner numbers is reduced to what? 12?

Both sound really challenging in the long term and for Europe, but I guess could really make the save fun and engaging. I still want a smaller club to build my legacy around, Altinordu filled all the books but played with them a few editiona back and dont want to go again. Alternatively Giresun seems to be doing pretty good irl dunno how that is reflected in game... So many choices...

1 saat önce, Muttley84 said:

So I will have to play 2 U22 players in my starting 11 if I read that right?

And the foreigner numbers is reduced to what? 12?

Both sound really challenging in the long term and for Europe, but I guess could really make the save fun and engaging. I still want a smaller club to build my legacy around, Altinordu filled all the books but played with them a few editiona back and dont want to go again. Alternatively Giresun seems to be doing pretty good irl dunno how that is reflected in game... So many choices...

yes u have to play 2 academy players u 18 or u22 foreign number reduced to 10 in years but ın fınal 8 ı guess they change it so many tımes ı cant follow :)

Giresun is good ın real lıfe but not sure how to reflect in game ı would go for samsunspor (fan base)or bursa again fan base and players but ıts nearly ımpossıble to keep your players they want to go and fınances are terrible

ın my opınıon go for istanbulspor bursaspor samsunpor and adana demirspor is also a great team with history but unable to go up for years 

Galatasaray are frustrating the life out of me!!!

We can look a decent team one week, the next we look terrible. A total lack of pace and athleticism in the team is killing us.

It needs a huge rebuild. Which given we are already over wage budget will be difficult.

At bare minimum, id say we need an athletic central midfielder, someone with off the ball and pace who can play AML, probably a striker although Diagne is doing well.

13 saat önce, FMunderachiever said:

Galatasaray are frustrating the life out of me!!!

We can look a decent team one week, the next we look terrible. A total lack of pace and athleticism in the team is killing us.

It needs a huge rebuild. Which given we are already over wage budget will be difficult.

At bare minimum, id say we need an athletic central midfielder, someone with off the ball and pace who can play AML, probably a striker although Diagne is doing well.

ı would go for standart or low tempo game wıth galatasaray because as u said team lacks pace (we made some transfer to cover mıdfıeld and pace but u need winter update :)

diagne is a monster ın game.play attackıng or change ın game ınstructıons because some teams sıts really deep 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning folks, i am currently doing a save in turkey ( i will do a write up later) and i wondered anyone could answer a few questions. 

1. I have noticed teams have presidents, there is an election coming up in my save and just wondered what that means. is it the same as a takeover ,could i get a cash injection and less harder targets to achieve or even fired?

2. there are 21 teams in the top division and that will mean i have to play 40 games. is this the normal?

thanks in advance

I am having a blast managing in turkey. I have noticed a lot of great players in their early 30s  and thought if they had these players 5 years ago then turkey would be an even better league then it is now. 

7 saat önce, Kingbill said:

Good morning folks, i am currently doing a save in turkey ( i will do a write up later) and i wondered anyone could answer a few questions. 

1. I have noticed teams have presidents, there is an election coming up in my save and just wondered what that means. is it the same as a takeover ,could i get a cash injection and less harder targets to achieve or even fired?

2. there are 21 teams in the top division and that will mean i have to play 40 games. is this the normal?

thanks in advance

I am having a blast managing in turkey. I have noticed a lot of great players in their early 30s  and thought if they had these players 5 years ago then turkey would be an even better league then it is now. 

In Turkey most of the clubs have presidents not owners lıke other countrıes different ownershıp.After election as u mentıon u could get cash ınjectıon different targets maybe he promıse 2 players and brings them as a presidental gift :) u never know

2.normally our league have 18 teams but last year because of covıd they changed the rules and not relegate any teams and promote the 1.league promoted teams and it became 21(one week of is lıke a rest tıme for a hard season they said ı know how weırd the whole thıng sounds but they could say they forbid relegatıon agaın thıs year league could be 24 teams :)

Turkey is a different but fun league ın my opınıon only problem is reducıng foreıgn player number and playıng academy player ın fırst team mandatory

Thanks for answering my questions @dido53 I will look forward to June when the club has its elections to see what happens.  I'm not complaining about the games especially since you get 222k for a win 111k for a draw. I know the final prize money isn't great when the league is complete but getting that money after a game helps with the weekly out goings i have. just need to start winning now i guess :lol:

I will write a career update on my game a little later. will be interesting to get advice and feedback from people playing in the same league as i am

2 saat önce, Kingbill said:

Thanks for answering my questions @dido53 I will look forward to June when the club has its elections to see what happens.  I'm not complaining about the games especially since you get 222k for a win 111k for a draw. I know the final prize money isn't great when the league is complete but getting that money after a game helps with the weekly out goings i have. just need to start winning now i guess :lol:

I will write a career update on my game a little later. will be interesting to get advice and feedback from people playing in the same league as i am

no problem :)whıch team u manage?ı dont know how but malatyaspor ıs always gettıng good results ın game also hatay(but ın real lıfe they do so :) ) money after game or after season is not premıer league or bundeslıga but not very bad 

Like most people I have had trouble committing to a long term save in FM21 so after the latest update I decided to manage in a nation that I have never played in before. with the help of Fm Llama on YouTube and this forum I decided to manage in turkey.  i wanted to manage a biggish club with a lot of history who haven't had the best of years recently.  Step up Fenerbahce. a team with a lot of history and some good players and they haven't won anything for around 7 years. My expectations was they would have a decent amount of money to rebuild the squad and to upgrade facilities . a young Turkish player in Omer Beyaz who can be the player i can build around and maybe a season or two work my way up the table and then start a title challenge. I loaded up the game and WOW how wrong could I have been. The board are after instant success, they want the league title in my first season and to make the final of the cup. The youth squad i planned to use and develop is near on empty with two decent goalkeepers who can make the grade in a few years, a centre back who will struggle to get regular football unless he develops a lot more.  Omer Beyaz the player I planned to build my team around in the next few seasons has the dreaded Frt next to his name and wont even talk to me about renewing his contract. I have maybe one or two players out on loan that look great so i will be keeping an eye on them to see how they perform during the season. After my mini melt down I decided to have a look at my first team squad, with an average of 27 it was easy to tell that we have an aging team and some younger blood will need to be brought in. As i have the 1st transfer window disabled i couldn't sign or loan in any new players so i have to make deal with what i got. if Fenerbache  had this squad 5 years ago they would be a serious team in both turkey and Europe. we have Luiz Gustavo, filip novak, papa cisse and of course Mesut Ozil to name a few players that i will be hoping can all play their part in reaching the targets set by the board. in terms or turkish players we have a few who can easily walk into my team of aging superstars.

Pre Season

Pre season for me is all about building players fitness, boosting their morale and getting use to the way we going to play.  I always play teams with half a star rating at home and i like to get maybe 8 pre season games in before the start of the season. the first 6 games every player gets 45mins. the last 2 games i start with my strongest XI. As expected the 8 games went to plan winning with over 10 goals scored in each.

The Team

GK 

Altay Bayindir  22 year old with a few caps at u21 level.  He will be my number one this season and his stats are more than good enough for him to keep that spot for a very long time

Harun Tekin 31 year old with 2 international caps. will provide as a decent back up and will only play if Bayindir is injured or we have a lower leauge team in the cup

Oytun Özdoğan  22 year old who if im honest i would rather play Ozil in goal ahead of him. 

Defenders

Gökhan Gönül 36 year old club captain with 66 caps to his name. My starting RB for the first season at least. Contract runs out in the summer so maybe his last season with us

Nazım Sangaré 26 year old Turkish international with 6 caps to his name. some decent stats and will defiantly be able to challenge Gonul for that starting right back spot. 

More to follow

Edited by Kingbill

1735101058_GenclerLogo.gif.736cc1931e1b777b0df378d423c9b00c.gif

So I've taken the plunge into Turkish football. I've been away from FM for over 10 years but returned with FM21. Been playing mostly with my beloved Blackburn but now that they're an established force in European football after a decade of success, I've decided to try a new challenge. Inspired by Rashidi's Kasimpasa save, I've turned to Turkish football. Looking through the clubs, I decided I wanted to stay away from the Istanbul scene and see if there were any "sleeping giants" to awaken. 

Gençlerbirliği called to me as they were based in the capital, Ankara, have a huge stadium and decent focus on youth. Formed in 1923, Gençlerbirliği are nicknamed Ankara Rüzgârı (The Wind of Ankara) or simply Gençler (The Youth). The club colours are black and red - a colour scheme that makes me think of AC Milan. The long term aim is to break the stranglehold of the Big 3 - Besikta, Fenerbahce and Galatasaray on the Turkish title and become hub of Turkish youth production. But immediately, our goal is to avoid relegation - not an easy task as we're predicted to finish 20th. That's why they've turned to Singapore football legend, V Sundramoorthy, or just Sundram.

Gençlerbirliği Review

Sundram's first day on the job, he started realizing the scale of the challenge. He gave up managing the Laos National Team for this?

• A squad made of expensive old foreigners and unblooded Turkish youths
  • No real scouting network of note (just 1 scout!)
  • Only 4/7 coach roles filled and those in place did not stand out
  • Very imbalanced squad with a large number of attacking wingers (11!)
  • Only 1 Right FB in the entire squad
  • No real creativity in midfield - very much a core of grafters
  • No space in the wage budget

However, there were some strengths he could leverage:

• A few decent foreigners among the 14 on the rolls (Nordfeldt, Zargo Toure, Johansson, Stancu, Sandro Lima)
  • The best in the league in positioning - makes me think a defense-first and midfield clogging approach 
  • Decent at workrate and strength
  • Decent transfer budget of 2.5m

Squad Overview

GK

Nordfeldt - our No 1 and Swedish international. Good at kicking so we'll look at a Sweeper/Keeper approach

Our backup keepers aren't any good so let's hope Nordfeldt stays healthy. 

Defence

Zargo Toure at CD and Mattias Johansson at RB are the standouts here.

Angelo is a decent but aging partner to Zargo with no pace at all while Polomat and Pehlivan fight it out for the LB slot. 

Midfield

6 DM/MCs! 6! These guys must be very afraid of conceding. Will have to think of how to play the aggresive front foot play that Sundram is known for. 

Robert Piris Da Motta looks to be the best of the lot but he's only on loan to us. Will need to find a replacement for next season. Soner Dikmen, Murat Yildirim, Dominik Furman are all journeymen sort while the rest are youths with limited potential.

Attack

Sandro Lima - big and tall, an ideal targetman while we see Stancu, Giovanni Sio and Candeias look to be the fast speedy type able to feed off Lima's knockdowns and hold up play. 

Transfers

Offloading some of the wingers is key to both raise funds and get some space in the wage bill. However, we only manage to move Floyd Ayite to Denizlispor for 575k. Guess we'll have to try again in the January window. 

So after selling off 1 player, we have a transfer budget of 3.1m. Immediately, I see a need for cover in the RB position, bring in some glitter to sit alongside the graft in midfield and explore bringing in a more clinical option in front of goal. Our signing are:

• Ismail Cokcalis from Bursapor -950k, rising to 2.3m for RB - young with quite a bit of potential
  • Marc Stendera from Ingolstadt - 750k - Well rounded attacking CM and definitely the new star of the team. He's taking all free kicks and corners from now on. Only concern is his 6.5m release clause
  • Matias Arezo from River Plat - 1m, rising to 2.7m, joining us in January. An FM favourite, I figured he would be worth a punt and take the profit once he  inevitably moved on to bigger and better things

Up next - tactics and early season form