UAFA (Union of Arab Football Associations) players for Qatar League

Troyon

3 horas atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

What are the limits? As far as I can see I see no option to set such a rule, but depending on the exact rule I might think of a good workaround.

The first division clubs shall be entitled to register a maximum of five (5) foreign players (three (3) foreign players plus one (1) foreign player who has the nationality of one of AFC member associations plus one (1) foreign player who has the nationality of an Arab Country member of the League of Arab States).

I tried to set every country in the world as EU nations for Qatar except the 21 Arab countries (10 from Africa and 11 from Asia) excluding Qatar. Then I set a limit of 5 non-EU players for the league. Thus, as it already has a limit of 5 foreign players, you cannot register unlimited EU players. Also, you cannot register 5 African Arab players, because you should register at most 4 non-Asian players. But it didn't work, as some Qatari players were considered non-EU. I even set Qatar to be considered as native, but nothing changed.

• 1 year later...
On 12/02/2021 at 09:12, Troyon said:

I tried to set every country in the world as EU nations for Qatar except the 21 Arab countries (10 from Africa and 11 from Asia) excluding Qatar. Then I set a limit of 5 non-EU players for the league. Thus, as it already has a limit of 5 foreign players, you cannot register unlimited EU players. Also, you cannot register 5 African Arab players, because you should register at most 4 non-Asian players. But it didn't work, as some Qatari players were considered non-EU. I even set Qatar to be considered as native, but nothing changed.

I know I'm way too late on this, but surely that wouldn't do anything? You've already set 5 foreign players, now you're just limiting it with a more specific rule?

Surely you'd make all the Arab countries "EU" to Qatar and allow max non-EU players at 4. So you can have 5 foreigners, but only 4 can be "non-EU" (non-Arab). Don't worry about Spaniards/Italians, they're not counted. But anyway, this leads to the same issue you've observed, where Qatar is considered non-EU even if they're specifically set with the other Arab countries.

On 17/02/2021 at 01:47, Wolf_pd said:

How are Qatari players considered non-EU and seen as foreign? They should be native at any time as the competition is in their nation.

Yeah it's weird. I don't know why it's happening

On 17/02/2021 at 10:47, Wolf_pd said:

How are Qatari players considered non-EU and seen as foreign? They should be native at any time as the competition is in their nation.

I know this is an old comment but this is not what is intended. I have tried this with several nations and players of the home nationality will be foreign if one sets non-EU as a rule. 

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I know I'm way too late on this, but surely that wouldn't do anything? You've already set 5 foreign players, now you're just limiting it with a more specific rule?

Surely you'd make all the Arab countries "EU" to Qatar and allow max non-EU players at 4. So you can have 5 foreigners, but only 4 can be "non-EU" (non-Arab). Don't worry about Spaniards/Italians, they're not counted. But anyway, this leads to the same issue you've observed, where Qatar is considered non-EU even if they're specifically set with the other Arab countries.

Yeah it's weird. I don't know why it's happening

I can confirm this after doing tests in other parts of the World. Non-EU rule means the home nationality is considered foreign in its own league. 

There may be a workaround to this but since there's another rule that almost does the same thing(max number of foreigners) I've not fully explored it.

8 hours ago, Fredrik said:

I know this is an old comment but this is not what is intended. I have tried this with several nations and players of the home nationality will be foreign if one sets non-EU as a rule. 

I can confirm this after doing tests in other parts of the World. Non-EU rule means the home nationality is considered foreign in its own league. 

There may be a workaround to this but since there's another rule that almost does the same thing(max number of foreigners) I've not fully explored it.

All I can think of is creating some sort of additional nationality (pan-Arab? GCC?) and assigning it as a second nationality to all Qataris, and putting the Qatari cities in a "region" that's in the new nation so that regens have it too. Ideally it could function like a Basque aesthetic second nation.

Then this new nation would also be treated as non-EU, so that functionally the Qataris would be fine. However it's a LOT of work for such a simple workaround and not ideal