RPM vs BBM

I’m currently using a successful high pressing 442 on my Leipzig save, to really continue the proper Red Bull style of play. After a few seasons of using a midfield four of WPs BWMd BBM and Wa. My tactic is playing great and I’ve won league each season so far so i don’t need anyone telling me to change the whole system. I am wondering since now that teams sit deeper, if I should switch the box to box midfielder to a roaming playmaker to add more creativity to the side to break down teams. Would a shift like this work/ am I understanding player roles correctly for this specific purpose.

Edited by mc22

3 hours ago, mc22 said:

I’m currently using a successful high pressing 442 on my Leipzig save, to really continue the proper Red Bull style of play. After a few seasons of using a midfield four of WPs BWMd BBM and Wa. My tactic is playing great and I’ve won league each season so far so i don’t need anyone telling me to change the whole system. I am wondering since now that teams sit deeper, if I should switch the box to box midfielder to a roaming playmaker to add more creativity to the side to break down teams. Would a shift like this work/ am I understanding player roles correctly for this specific purpose.

One change can make you lose the team's balance. Without context(screenshot of the tactic) it would be difficult to offer real advice.

I finally got a chance to get back on and screen shot my tactic, this is what i have been running on every FM since I found it a few years back. Works pretty good. Again, just wondering if the tweak of changing the BBM to RPM now that more teams sit back would help break them down when we don't score on counters whic20210228112501_1.thumb.jpg.a86cdbcc9f517237fa8aedb0f1d1460a.jpgh is the majority of our goals.

Or drop your pressing. Lower your LOE and pressing intensity. As you said, you've won the title a few years in a row so it's likely you and your teams reputation has grown so teams are now maybe more extreme in shutting up shop. So you can force them to come out a little to create space to exploit. 

Or even changing the PF(a) to PF(s), F9 or DLF(s)to shake up the attack and get someone dropping deeper to again, create space.