[FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.2* (Updated 17th July 21)

Tyburn

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

You need to change the “background” rgb’s aswell. To the same colour as you’ve done above.

<!-- Profile attribute colours -->
    <colour name="low attribute"                             value="rgb(255,254,239)"/>
    <colour name="normal attribute"                         value="rgb(255,255,0)"/>        
        <colour name="good attribute"                             value="rgb(0,143,57)" />
    <colour name="excellent attribute"                         value="rgb(0,51,153)" />
    <colour name="unknown attribute background"                     value="rgb(32,33,35)"/>
    <colour name="low attribute background"                     value="rgb(255,254,239)"/>
    <colour name="normal attribute background"                     value="rgb(255,255,0)"/>
    <colour name="good attribute background"                     value="rgb(0,143,57)" />
    <colour name="excellent attribute background"                     value="rgb(0,51,153)" />
    <colour name="special attribute"                         value="fg blue" />
    <colour name="attribute label"                             value="fg" />
    <colour name="special attribute label"                         value="fg" />
    <colour name="profile extra text"                         value="fg" />

I set with the same rgb of the others, but still don't work 

Have you tried this, as per the instructions in the OP?

Spoiler
  • go to Preferences/Advanced/All and make sure "Use caching to decrease page loading time" is unticked
  • choose another skin than "NoStars+Attributes21" in your FM Preferences, for example the default Football Manager-skin
  • go to NoStars+Attributes21-folder in your skins-section and temporarily remove the properties-folder
  • open the NoStars+Attributes21 settings.xml and adjust the rgb-code in <!-- Profile attribute colours --> for the particular attribute in:

<colour name="PARTICULAR attribute"                         value="rgb(your,colour,choice)" />

• as well as in:

<colour name="PARTICULAR attribute background"                         value="rgb(your,colour,choice)" />

• with ~ = low, average, good or excellent

• save the xml-file, make NoStars+Attributes21the skin of your choice again and reload
  • now go back to your skins-folder and put the properties-folder back into NoStars+Attributes21
  • close and restart Football Manager for properties.xml to properly reload

Hope you get it sorted.

Edited by Tyburn

47 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Have you tried this, as per the instructions in the OP?

Hide contents

• go to Preferences/Advanced/All and make sure "Use caching to decrease page loading time" is unticked
  • choose another skin than "NoStars+Attributes21" in your FM Preferences, for example the default Football Manager-skin
  • go to NoStars+Attributes21-folder in your skins-section and temporarily remove the properties-folder
  • open the NoStars+Attributes21 settings.xml and adjust the rgb-code in <!-- Profile attribute colours --> for the particular attribute in:

<colour name="PARTICULAR attribute"                         value="rgb(your,colour,choice)" />

• as well as in:

<colour name="PARTICULAR attribute background"                         value="rgb(your,colour,choice)" />

• with ~ = low, average, good or excellent

• save the xml-file, make NoStars+Attributes21the skin of your choice again and reload
  • now go back to your skins-folder and put the properties-folder back into NoStars+Attributes21
  • close and restart Football Manager for properties.xml to properly reload

Tried but still like before..

2 minutes ago, FMLuc said:

Hmmm. This absolutely works and unfortunately I cannot replicate your problem. Have you gone back into preferences and reset the colours in there back to default? Clear cache, untick use cache and reload skin?

If that makes no difference all I can suggest is for you to shut the game down and try removing your cache folder and the preferences folder from C:/Users/*you*/appdata/local/si/fm21. I’d also replace the edited settings file with the default one from the download for good measure.

Reboot the game, load NoStars skin, untick use caching, reload the skin. Reboot FM, and then go through the process in the spoiler above again step by step.

2 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Hmmm. This absolutely works and unfortunately I cannot replicate your problem. Have you gone back into preferences and reset the colours in there back to default? Clear cache, untick use cache and reload skin?

If that makes no difference all I can suggest is for you to shut the game down and try removing your cache folder and the preferences folder from C:/Users/*you*/appdata/local/si/fm21. I’d also replace the edited settings file with the default one from the download for good measure.

Reboot the game, load NoStars skin, untick use caching, reload the skin. Reboot FM, and then go through the process in the spoiler above again step by step.

I did that almost 4 times but nothing..

1 minute ago, FMLuc said:

I did that almost 4 times but nothing..

Well then, unfortunately, I’m stumped. Hopefully someone else who has had this experience will shed some light on it at some point. If I think of anything else I’ll let you know. Sorry it’s not working for you, but the issue seems unique at this moment in time.

Ok, so this probably won't help, but i needed to make sure.

I loaded up FM, selected NoStars. I then went to the settings file and copied and pasted the colour codes you provided @FMLuc a few posts back over the default codes already there. I saved the file. I then went back into FM, cleared the cache, made sure I had "use caching to decrease page loading times" unticked, reloaded the skin and then was presented with this on the player screen:

image.thumb.png.b493175f1133e8d391314bc3e03d6e27.png

That is literally all i had to do to get the icons to change colour. I've included the modified settings file, although if you've gone through all the steps correctly I'm not sure it'll help. But try it anyway.

NoStars+Attributes21 settings.xml

16 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Ok, so this probably won't help, but i needed to make sure.

I loaded up FM, selected NoStars. I then went to the settings file and copied and pasted the colour codes you provided @FMLuc a few posts back over the default codes already there. I saved the file. I then went back into FM, cleared the cache, made sure I had "use caching to decrease page loading times" unticked, reloaded the skin and then was presented with this on the player screen:

image.thumb.png.b493175f1133e8d391314bc3e03d6e27.png

That is literally all i had to do to get the icons to change colour. I've included the modified settings file, although if you've gone through all the steps correctly I'm not sure it'll help. But try it anyway.

NoStars+Attributes21 settings.xml 7.96 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks!

Absolutely love the skin. Tho I have a hard time reading the font and Croatian letters like č,ć,đ,ž are in different font like below, is there any way to change to default one?

image.png.7ecf0ea374079123d60ded347206395f.png

edit - also, any way to get instant result in?

Edited by -Jef-

4 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Absolutely love the skin. Tho I have a hard time reading the font and Croatian letters like č,ć,đ,ž are in different font like below, is there any way to change to default one?

image.png.7ecf0ea374079123d60ded347206395f.png

edit - also, any way to get instant result in?

Glad you’re enjoying it.

Just remove the whole fonts folder, and reload the skin.

No plans for instant result at the moment, as I don’t use it, although I might have a look into it for future updates.

Is there a way to use this with the attributes and stars visible? i like the panels and the skins a lot but that way it would be challenging for me

Edited by canry

Unfortunately not. Well, not without going through pretty much every panel and adding the stars and reference to stars back in. You could probably get the attributes back by just removing the “person properties” file from panels/properties. But it may mess with other stuff too and I wouldn’t necessarily advise it. I also wouldn’t be able to support it.

23 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Removing font folder helped!

Any way to get player search back? I want to use analysis to find players otherwise there's no use for scouting package.

you only have to remove "sidebar sections" from NoStars+Attributes21/sections ... and reboot the game.

This will also bring back staff search.

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.1.1* (Updated 23rd June 21)

UPDATE:

Full Skin updated: 23/06/21

CHANGELOG:

• Added "career match performance" bar and overall league and cup win widgets to human manager profile
  • Tweaked nationality widget on human manger profile, staff profile and player profile for correct formatting
  • Removed some CA/PA text from international manager views in "nation", "scouting" and "national pool" screens
  • Added person pic and club logo to "person information panel"
  • Added player pic to coach and scout reports
  • Larger pop up box for scout reports for better alignment
  • Larger names in "titlebar search panel"
  • Added player pic to inbox player progress report
  • Added large nationality and player description widgets to top bar of player profile screen
  • Added team colours to the top bar on the "tactics" pitch screen
  • Various other tweaks

Please view "Read Me" included in the download for full list of changes

image.thumb.jpeg.ef63ea0fc119e9041c04f89d247780e1.jpeg

Loving this!

Any way to add some widgets for player profile like on this skin?  Especially the transfer/scouting labels and extended pros/cons? This space just feels like waste of space...

image.thumb.png.43f4f4012c6c701438a08076eadd11f3.png

Glad you’re enjoying it.

The latest update fills this space. I thought about adding the pros and cons there, but seeing as it’s one click away for it in full (hitting coach report) I felt it wasn’t necessary. The transfer/scouting labels should be there for players not at your club, if you’ve scouted them.

I’ve added the players nationality and media description to the empty space on the right. I find when looking at players, especially transfer targets, nationality and a description of the type of player are quite useful. Previously this information wasn’t as prominent.

4 minutes ago, werogatda said:

Thank you. I have been looking for a skin that disables star ratings for a long time. Btw is there a way to change the font? I prefer to base font of the game..

Just remove the whole fonts folder :) 

10 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Those are already disabled. Along with all other star/ca/pa ratings.

What I mean is, I only want to disable to star ratings that appear on the player pages without getting the rest of the skin. Which folder is responsible for disabling the stars/ca/pa? Maybe I can just keep that folder and delete the other folders?

1 hour ago, werogatda said:

What I mean is, I only want to disable to star ratings that appear on the player pages without getting the rest of the skin. Which folder is responsible for disabling the stars/ca/pa? Maybe I can just keep that folder and delete the other folders?

Unfortunatley it's not as simple as "one folder". There are a couple of sections on the player screen/s that have stars and CA/PA. There are multiple files used on the player screen/s, a fair few i have altered. The stars themselves are a graphic file that I have altered. This affects ALL stars in the game. You could remove the stars folder graphics/icons/custom/star rating and SOME of the stars would be back in the skin, but because the star graphic is called by multiple enteries in the code, most i have removed, some i have not, I could not be sure what the skin would look like. Infact, don't do this, it'll be a mess!

If you want to have a try yourself you'll probably want to look at "player overview panel", "player personal details panel", "player positions indicator small horizontal" and "player coach reports". And possibly others. All can be found in the panels/player folder. Look for widgets that call the star graphics and have a play around with removing/stopping the graphic from being called.

However ...

I would suggest that rather than removing everything in my skin, apart from the files I've mentioned here, you'd be better off starting a skin from scratch. Use the resource archiver to unpack the .fmf files in the data/game folder in the main game files. You'll want panels.fmf. Find the files I've mentioned and add them to a base skin. For ease I would suggest downloading one of the base skins from this site and building your skin from that.

Sorry I can't help more, but what you're after isn't something as straight forward as it seems. Not using this skin anyway.

Good luck.

Edited by Tyburn

7 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Unfortunatley it's not as simple as "one folder". There are a couple of sections on the player screen/s that have stars and CA/PA. There are multiple files used on the player screen/s, a fair few i have altered. The stars themselves are a graphic file that I have altered. This affects ALL stars in the game. You could remove the stars folder graphics/icons/custom/star rating and SOME of the stars would be back in the skin, but because the star graphic is called by multiple enteries in the code, most i have removed, some i have not, I could not be sure what the skin would look like. Infact, don't do this, it'll be a mess!

If you want to have a try yourself you'll probably want to look at "player overview panel", "player personal details panel", "player positions indicator small horizontal" and "player coach reports". And possibly others. All can be found in the panels/player folder. Look for widgets that call the star graphics and have a play around with removing/stopping the graphic from being called.

However ...

I would suggest that rather than removing everything in my skin, apart from the files I've mentioned here, you'd be better off starting a skin from scratch. Use the resource archiver to unpack the .fmf files in the data/game folder in the main game files. You'll want panels.fmf. Find the files I've mentioned and add them to a base skin. For ease I would suggest downloading one of the base skins from this site and building your skin from that.

Sorry I can't help more, but what you're after isn't something as straight forward as it seems. Not using this skin anyway.

Good luck.

I appreciate the detailed explanation. I'll just play with the entire skin rather than trying to pull it apart. Again appreciate the hard work mate and I hope you continue releasing new versions in the future FM series. Playing without the stars/attributes is a very rewarding challenge since you have to actually observe how your players play and figure out what roles suit them best. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

@Tyburn - not asking for this to be done; just an enquiry into the feasibility.  Is it possible to have the image behind the text?  For example, Jonathan Zebina would have a green box behind the words "Tackling", "Marking", etc... and a blue box behind the word "Heading"?

1 hour ago, Geoff Newman said:

@Tyburn - not asking for this to be done; just an enquiry into the feasibility.  Is it possible to have the image behind the text?  For example, Jonathan Zebina would have a green box behind the words "Tackling", "Marking", etc... and a blue box behind the word "Heading"?

In the attributes container?

Yes. I’d imagine it would be feasible. Without knowing, I’d probably look at adding the appearance to all the entries in “person properties” to start with, or perhaps to the attributes panel file itself.

Personally I have reservations in adding colour behind the words, mainly because the “highlight colour” when looking at key attributes for a certain position could get muddy or even lost.

*Edit: Having just had a quick look I’m not entirely sure of how to go about this, without looking a lot deeper into it.

If there is a skin out there that does something similar to what you want I’d have a look in panels/player and look for player attribute files to see if there are any signs of what you’re after, or yeah, have a look in the person properties file.

Edited by Tyburn

31 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

In the attributes container?

Yes. I’d imagine it would be feasible. Without knowing, I’d probably look at adding the appearance to all the entries in “person properties” to start with, or perhaps to the attributes panel file itself.

Personally I have reservations in adding colour behind the words, mainly because the “highlight colour” when looking at key attributes for a certain position could get muddy or even lost.

*Edit: Having just had a quick look I’m not entirely sure of how to go about this, without looking a lot deeper into it.

If there is a skin out there that does something similar to what you want I’d have a look in panels/player and look for player attribute files to see if there are any signs of what you’re after, or yeah, have a look in the person properties file.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yeah, couldn't find anything similar elsewhere, and definitely agree about the highlight colour issue.

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.2* (Updated 17th July 21)

CHANGELOG: V.2.2

Highlights:

• Added a custom "pre match briefing panel"
  • Added nation button to player icons on tactic screen and realigned to look better when screen is collapsed
  • Added custom pitch graphics pretty much everywhere
  • Added "opinion of you" and league logo to "player personal details panel"
  • Added nationality, 2nd nationality and place of birth to top left of "player personal details panel"
  • Added new widget to "player overview small selector panel". "Player Status"
  • Added division logo, button and club logo to "team squad" screen
  • Removed green backgrounds and containers throughout for more aesthetic flow
  • Lots of other tweaks

Please view "Read Me" included in the download for full list of changes

1846639958_ASMonacovLilleOSC_Briefing-2.thumb.jpg.632900829cf100ad8d3fa45361382baa.jpg

1954338575_BillyGilmour_Profile-2.thumb.jpg.e22155a5b697695d74a101fe97180574.jpg

1651864395_WestHamUnited_Overview.thumb.jpg.bbf61da8a4fd118684c25bd230c7419c.jpg

Edited by Tyburn

Hey Tyburn, thanks for this skin, is awesome! I love playing with hidden attributes and the fact that also the stars are hidden, gives a great way of playing I didn't thought before. Also, I really like the skin overall, specially the player's profile.

Just a few comments:

1) Is there a way to change the elegibility tab in the player's profile under the player picture for the current nationality and club? Which file should I modify?

2) The tactic before a match with the new transparency is kind of difficult to read, I liked the version before. Which file should I replace?

3) The club profile, by default have the historical ranking. I want to set up the last lineup, but when I switch to another club, it turns again to the historical ranking. Any way to fix this?

4) Would be great to have an instant result button. I know you said you don't use it. But a lot of us yes, specially for unimportant matches or managing the youth teams :)

Kudos for this great skin, hopefully will be also available for FM22!

Edited by Nahuelzn

10 hours ago, Nahuelzn said:

Hey Tyburn, thanks for this skin, is awesome! I love playing with hidden attributes and the fact that also the stars are hidden, gives a great way of playing I didn't thought before. Also, I really like the skin overall, specially the player's profile.

Just a few comments:

1) Is there a way to change the elegibility tab in the player's profile under the player picture for the current nationality and club? Which file should I modify?

2) The tactic before a match with the new transparency is kind of difficult to read, I liked the version before. Which file should I replace?

3) The club profile, by default have the historical ranking. I want to set up the last lineup, but when I switch to another club, it turns again to the historical ranking. Any way to fix this?

4) Would be great to have an instant result button. I know you said you don't use it. But a lot of us yes, specially for unimportant matches or managing the youth teams :)

Kudos for this great skin, hopefully will be also available for FM22!

Glad you're enjoying it :)

1) The eligibility widget is designed for registration purposes, at a glance. For nationality and current club I have added widgets/pictures to the top bar of the player panel. I have no idea how to "edit" the eligibility tab to get what you want. You'd have to remove it completely and re-design the container it is in. i won't be able to assist with this i'm afraid. Look at "player overview panel" in panels/player. Find the code for eligibility, it'll point to another file (eligibility logo) and have a play around.

2) Remove    transparency="0.99" appearance="boxes/custom/home/paper"     from the first container in 'tactics with embedded section tabs panel' from panels/match folder. Alternatively, If you're happy for the alignment to go back to being a box in the middle of the screen, rather than filling the whole space, you can safely just remove the whole file.

3) I'd noticed this myself! Included are two files that fix the issue. Add them both into panels/club. Overwrite when promted. They will be included in future updates to the skin.

4) Still no plans for instant result to be included in the skin I'm afraid. **Edit** I've changed my mind. See post below.

club overview panel.xml club overview starting xi.xml

Edited by Tyburn

**INSTANT RESULT BUTTON OPTION**

Ok.

Seeing as I have had a few requests for an "Instant Result" button, and seeing as nearly all custom skins seem to have this option, all appearing to share the same code, here is my version.

As with most custom skins it is on the "team selection" screen just before a match.

To Install:

Add "match confirmation panel" and "match title bar popup" to panels/match folder.

Replace "team squad tactics panel" in panels/team.

I will be including this function in future updates to the skin, unless anyone (fellow skinners) have any objections.

match confirmation panel.xml team squad tactics panel.xml

match title bar popup.xml

Edited by Tyburn

I would like to thank you very much for investing so much effort and time in this extraordinary skin. As a newcomer, I have always orientated myself according to the stars, but at the latest since FMZweierkette's blog, I know that I have to take them with a pinch of salt and that they are only estimates from my assistant coaches.

Is there a way to somehow receive a message when there is a new version of your skin, so that I can always update it immediately?

2 hours ago, AndreasBW1978 said:

I would like to thank you very much for investing so much effort and time in this extraordinary skin. As a newcomer, I have always orientated myself according to the stars, but at the latest since FMZweierkette's blog, I know that I have to take them with a pinch of salt and that they are only estimates from my assistant coaches.

Is there a way to somehow receive a message when there is a new version of your skin, so that I can always update it immediately?

Really glad you’re enjoying it :) 

I’m not too sure how a message could happen. I usually update it once a month, and as it’s a new skin, one that I’m working on from scratch, there have been more updates to it than I would have wished for.

I’m getting to a point where there will probably only be one more update to it, bar any glaring fixes that need doing. Plus it’s July and there isn’t long left for this version!

I’m hopeful of continuing the skin for FM22 and hopefully, as the skin is taking a full shape I’m happy with, there will be fewer updates next version, as more of the concepts have already been taken care of, and I can release a fuller skin straight away, rather than the drip feed this version has been :) 

Thanks for the IR! Helps with going through a season when it is all decided already.

Really hope you make it for FM22 because I am not sure I want to go back to attributes and stars. Hopefully it is not a pain to replicate the skin!

The skin is a struggle and ensures that you do not have rapid success. I am managing Turkgucu Munchen in 3. Liga and almost got promoted in my second season but since costs were too high I sold off/released most of my top 18 guys and cut costs a lot. It has been a struggle to find replacements for the players. This year I am 7th and nowhere near promo spot. I have to utilize my scouts, RL knowledge and something that I never used before - DoF suggestions which help a lot in last days of transfer window when you need to plug few holes in the team. It is really amazing how much more real it plays out. Who knows if my striker has 15 or 11 in finishing. But he scores 15 goals in league every year and there is no reason to replace him. Surely there are better players out there available but this is something that I wouldnt do before. I'd just go search via attributes and if there is a better player I would replace my goal machine. Thanks for the experience, this is how FM should be played imo.

Edited by -Jef-

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Superb work, Loving the prematch stuff definitely gonan integrate that into my presonal skin.. could not be arsed having a go myself so this is great. 

Glad you like it :) Pretty much all credit for these panels must go to @a31632 though. The inspiration came from his panels and although the layout is my own a large portion of how to get a lot of this to work has come directly from his advice and expertise. I’m so happy for his help because, like you, I love these panels. So much more interesting and useful than vanilla :) 

39 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Glad you like it :) Pretty much all credit for these panels must go to @a31632 though. The inspiration came from his panels and although the layout is my own a large portion of how to get a lot of this to work has come directly from his advice and expertise. I’m so happy for his help because, like you, I love these panels. So much more interesting and useful than vanilla :) 

yeah, i'll prob tweek it a bit so the formations are the 2nd page of the match programme, so itlooks like its open in teh middle etec.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Geoff Newman said:

@Tyburn - do you remember which panel you had to edit to remove comparisons on the tactic tab?  This one here:

640497789_NoComparison.thumb.png.d3df45a1ecd5fa983f6bc12fb9be2897.png

I can’t remember off the top of my head editing comparisons. Could you show a full screen shot so I get more of an idea exactly where this info is? It’ll be in the tactics folder if I’ve edited that section.

@Tyburn - Actually, don't worry.  I've found an alternative approach (which is shamefully copy over the changes I made to another skin, into your skin instead).  There are a couple of other queries, though (sorry!)

I'm struggling with the team sheet below.  Removing the substitutes just stretches the starting XIs beyond the bottom of the image, and I haven't been able to work out how to line them up.  Also, want to make changes to the transparency of the panels, or remove the background image.  Any advice here?

1325655870_TeamNews.thumb.png.9bb7c2287023a9d34f727449c934afac.png

Edited by Geoff Newman
Issue fixed. New issue raised. Sorry.

11 hours ago, Geoff Newman said:

@Tyburn - Actually, don't worry.  I've found an alternative approach (which is shamefully copy over the changes I made to another skin, into your skin instead).  There are a couple of other queries, though (sorry!)

I'm struggling with the team sheet below.  Removing the substitutes just stretches the starting XIs beyond the bottom of the image, and I haven't been able to work out how to line them up.  Also, want to make changes to the transparency of the panels, or remove the background image.  Any advice here?

1325655870_TeamNews.thumb.png.9bb7c2287023a9d34f727449c934afac.png

Off the top of my head I believe I’ve added paper overlays to all of these containers and added transparency code too. Either find the paper (panels/graphics) and replace with a stronger opacity paper and/or adjust the transparency level in the code. 1 is no transparency, 0.1 is practically see through.

As for the lining up of the team sheet all I can say is that it’s a royal pain in the butt. It’s all linked to your screen resolution, which I notice is higher than my default. Play around with the blocks of code that point to height and/or width. You’ll also want to edit the actual graphic of the team sheet.

When I’m next able to get at my pc I’ll have a look at the files to give a slightly more precise answer!

25 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Off the top of my head I believe I’ve added paper overlays to all of these containers and added transparency code too. Either find the paper (panels/graphics) and replace with a stronger opacity paper and/or adjust the transparency level in the code. 1 is no transparency, 0.1 is practically see through.

As for the lining up of the team sheet all I can say is that it’s a royal pain in the butt. It’s all linked to your screen resolution, which I notice is higher than my default. Play around with the blocks of code that point to height and/or width. You’ll also want to edit the actual graphic of the team sheet.

When I’m next able to get at my pc I’ll have a look at the files to give a slightly more precise answer!

You are an absolute gent!  Thank you.