First FM game since FM2006 and I am struggling....

So I downloaded FM Xbox edition yesterday and it’s the first time I’ve played a FM since 2006, honestly really because I’ve not owned a PC since - I’ve played bits and pieces here and there on the mobile version but nothing serious - hey champ manager 03/04 and then straight onto FM 2005 - I absolutely LOVED

So now I seem to be in the situation whereas, it’s incredible how deep these games are and you have to tip your hat off, to SI for the complex systems they have in place - I just feel absolutely overwhelmed with the game now, FM 2005 and CM 03/04 from what it remember felt deep but you didn’t really have to worry about doing too much during the game and in the week during games - play 2021 on the Xbox - I played my team which is hull city - and I don’t know if it’s the control scheme or if it’s just the fact of there is so so much I have to do or feel I have to do,

Now without saying I AM RUBBISH (which to be honest I probably am) I have gotten to December with hull city and I’m 19th, I’ve tried all different tactics during the game and before the game, different positions for players (keeping in the positions they actually are in obviously) - but just getting beat 70% of the time

apart  from the tactics on the pitch for my own team, I’m not really touching any of the other mechanics in the game.....sorry for this long long winded question but to get out of the game what I actually want (I know We all can’t win every game) do I have to put a lot lot more into it then I actually am doing? So rather than pressing RT RT through the week to the games, should I be doing a hell of a lot more to help me when the games come around?

any sort of help would be greatly appreciated

thanks chaps 👍

There are a lot of tutorials on YouTube, it's probably best to have a look at some of those, as you might be able to see where you're going wrong, rather than people guessing, on here 

That's a link to a tactic tutorial 

On 08/03/2021 at 15:57, MisterBigMack said:

I just feel absolutely overwhelmed with the game now, 

Now without saying I AM RUBBISH (which to be honest I probably am) I have gotten to December with hull city and I’m 19th, I’ve tried all different tactics during the game and before the game, different positions for players (keeping in the positions they actually are in obviously) - but just getting beat 70% of the time

apart  from the tactics on the pitch for my own team, I’m not really touching any of the other mechanics in the game.....sorry for this long long winded question but to get out of the game what I actually want (I know We all can’t win every game) do I have to put a lot lot more into it then I actually am doing? So rather than pressing RT RT through the week to the games, should I be doing a hell of a lot more to help me when the games come around?

FM Xbox (FM Touch) is a great way to get back into the series, its more akin to the original FM games/CM03/04 compared to the full Football Manager version released each year as that has soooo much micro management. 

I find that using the shouts during a match can really help, you have to keep an eye on what players are feeling though before deciding on which shouts to use. I tend to use whole team shouts but it is possible to do them individually too. Encourage is usually pretty good when in-game morale is a little less than perfect.

There really isnt much to do between matches other than reading the scout reports for your next opponents to see if there are any strengths you need to take into account or any weaknesses you can exploit. The between match phase is very similar to the older CM/FM games, the full fat version is very different with all the media stuff etc.