How does "Mirror Main Divisons" work?

Xavier Lukhas

Hello,

I've been trying to add quick youth/reserves leagues to a custom database to try to experiment with some of the options. One of which is "Mirror Main Divisions". The idea sounds pretty cool in theory the way I understand it: your youth team plays with the same format and rules as your senior squad, and with a similar match match load, opportunities for better fitness or progress could arise. I tried to apply it to the bottom division of the system I'm working with as an experiment since the top three divisions already have their own custom youth competition. The thing is... I don't know if the option actually even works; and if it does, I don't know how it's supposed to work. I've tried to look for other topics on that matter, but I'm not really finding anything relevant to my inquiry. I'm trying quite a few options in the editor, the database validates just fine, but nothing happens in-game at all. I do know that if I wanted, I could just create another pyramid just for youth teams, but that's not what I'm asking about: I'm asking whether the option works and if yes, how?

You can see the options I've used below, and I'll link the db file as well.

editor_2021-03-20_03-17-19.png

_Custom Chile v5 Experimental 21_3.fmf

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

Am 27.3.2021 um 15:18 schrieb Xavier Lukhas:

It really seems that no one knows what that option does, if it does anything at all. Bummer.

It simply "duplicates" the competition into a reserve competition (or U18, etc.). This means that the teams that play in the reserve competition are the same teams that play in the competition. If you use "Use teams from Division", you can only enter "Division Levels" and the teams will then be drawn together automatically.

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.af4473a900b12910f82122e9efab10f6.jpg

Il y a 8 heures, davie77 a dit :

It simply "duplicates" the competition into a reserve competition (or U18, etc.). This means that the teams that play in the reserve competition are the same teams that play in the competition. If you use "Use teams from Division", you can only enter "Division Levels" and the teams will then be drawn together automatically.

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.af4473a900b12910f82122e9efab10f6.jpg

Thanks for the answer, I'll try it out someday. I had never managed to get it going in any way in the past; I'll try with your settings and see what happens.

• 1 year later...