Project Roma - "Caput Mundi" creating a Club DNA

Hello everyone!

I will be brief in this preface because the post that I will do (or rather that we will do for those who want) will be rather full-bodied ..

I start by saying that everything stems from the curiosity to create a DNA of a club, a structure in which, and on which, we have the solid foundations to build a future, in Italy we have the example of Atalanta, which has some of its nursery made a fundamental component, we have the icon of Barcelona, who dominated Europe at the end of the years 2009-2010, lately we see Klopp's German football, rooted in Germany and become a symbol with Gegenpress ...

Well, where do I want to go?

I have done hundreds of tests (seriously, hundreds of saves since November) to prove if it was feasible, regardless of what you can find on the web, and I must admit that I have partially succeeded, partially because I lack those basic tactical notions that I am still perfecting ...

I come to the point by saying that this post will be dedicated and called "Project Rome - Caput Mundi". A trivial title but full of meaning for me, who obviously cheer for the Giallorossa team.

In the myriad of tests carried out only 3 out of 16 teams gave me a good satisfaction:

Man City, Lille and Real Sociedad; with these 3 teams I managed in 3 years to bring home the most prestigious European cup (with City in the 2nd season), but the thing that really moved me was when the regens arrived at the club, all in the positions used in the main tactic and very often with skills already over 8-9 in those that I considered fundamental (others were great blowjobs, but you can't want everything !!).

I also tried save in lower leagues such as Serie B (Spal and Venezia), Serie C (Alessandria, Pro Vercelli, Olbia, Palermo), League One (Sunderland and Charlton), Championship with Forest and Blackburn, Segunda Division with Malaga , Premier with Villans, West Ham and Leeds ... Lyon and Marseille in Ligue 1 ... but nothing to do with those 3 teams mentioned above ... maybe even the time available and the years spent in the clubs have made it that I did not arrive at the end of the course (longer season at Man City 9 years)

Having made this small but important premise, let's get to the word “we will do”, why will we do it (for whoever wants)?

Because it is with your help, with the opportunity to confront and exchange ideas that this post can take shape and become an inspiration for someone else in the Forum; inspiration that came to me from reading two discussions on the internet about Pep's position game and about developing an idea in the club ...

Blending them together and mitigating them with my ideas on football ... here we are!

CLUB PHILOSOPHY

What is the philosophy of a club? How can this be implemented in Football Manager? What limits must we respect?
Few questions to ask, because everyone can use the method they prefer and arrive at the same final result; how did I approach my construction of philosophy in the many tests I made? Simple: Playstyle + Attributes / Traits + Training + Personality Search + Scouting / Recruiting + Staff.

Style of play (I state that this is influenced by my personal taste): Possession of the ball in the opponent's half (as the Guru of this style said: "I don't worry as long as the ball is in the opponent's half, I worry when it's in my ”-Pep Guardiola-) and intense pressing on the ball carrier, marking the free ones as a man.

Attributes: for a correct feeling with the style of play (Pressing-Possession in this case) we will need certain skills to implement it correctly, and they are Ball Control, Passing, Technique, Courage, Decisions, Determination, Fantasy, Coldness, Team Play , Intuition, Off the ball / Position, Vision of the game, Acceleration, Balance, Endurance, Physical Integrity, Speed.
These are the attributes necessary to implement it in the best possible way, but not all basic, as you can see I have put in bold those in my opinion indispensable.

Training: A very delicate section for the design, as the fundamental skills for the style of play will be built both in the members who make up the first team and, above all, for the youth teams.
In my case, I created specific training sessions for both the First Team and the youth teams (2 types). They will also follow here screens.
Personality: Here you can spend days and days talking about it endlessly, I only rely on my tests and experiences; I believe that the personalities to be sought are Model Citizen, Model Professional, Professional, Quite Professional, Very Ambitious, Ambitious, Determined, Quite Determined, Perfectionist and Resolute. In my opinion, these are the absolute best personalities to look for, both in the young players and in the creation of the team, in the long run bring considerable benefit. And Roma have Mancini, Villar, Dzeko, Florenzi (at PSG at the beginning) who are already TOP personalities!

Scouting / Recrtuiting: Another piece of fundamental importance for the construction of a DNA of the club, luck has it that Roma already has the best, if not one of the best managers of the youth sector of the game (Bruno Conti); this section will be based on instructing the observers to search for players based on the skills we mentioned above and above all who are able to fill the role we use in the main tactic. It is therefore very important that we assign the task to the observers.

Staff: I will pause briefly to tell you that I did 3 tests in my saves, in one I looked for and hired staff with Tiki-Taka, Tika-Taka Vertical and Possession Control playing style, in another with the preference of the module and style game, in the last I did not pay attention to these things and I hired the best possible in the category I was looking for; conclusion? None of the 3 gave me the results I was hoping for, only in one thing I found it useful, and that is the tactical style of the Youth Manager, the U20 and U18 coach and finally the coach in 2nd of First Team, U20 and U18; the rest of the staff I assume do not make any contribution in terms of building the DNA.

I will leave with many words but tonight when I come home I will start by posting screens, so that it is also easier to guess.
Tactics:

I will use all 3 slots at my disposal, if there are any, why not use them?
I will fabricate / fabricate 3 tactics based on the same style but in such a way that they adapt to different game situations:

1) It will be our basic tactic, with which we will play most of our matches, considering the style of play, the players available in Rome I opted for one of the more classic 4-3-3M (4-1-2 -2-1) structured like this (patience until tonight that I will post the screen of the module):

SK-d

(right) WB-s (pull less-more pressing)
BPD-d (harder tackles - Short passes)
DC-d (short passes)
(left) CWB-s (pull less-more presing)

DLP-d
(right) BBM / DLP-s / Mezzala-s (short pass-plus press-marc narrow)
(left) AP-a (dribl of minus-direct passes-more pressing-marc tight)

(right) IF-a (IW-a) (short pass-plus narrow press-marc)
(left) IF-s (short pass-plus press-marc narrow)

CF/DLF-a (plus narrow press-marc)

Team Instructions: Ball games on the ground from the defense, Kick it short, pass to DC, Line engagement and defense higher, offside.
This is the general idea that I have written down, obviously we will focus on optimizing it, changing it, exchanging opinions on roles-duties and possibly single instructions.

2) The second tactic, based on the experience gained in the tests, I conceived it with a Methodist Centromediano, the choice is simple, I want to create numerical superiority in the ball exit from the defense against teams that attack high or have 2/3 players forward (often teams like Hellas, Wolves have 3 players in front, or wide or two half shoes behind the center forward, and the ball release is certainly not the best, so the idea of the centromedian)
You can think of just changing a couple of roles, setting two DImp-ds, putting two T / F-s in defense and changing the Rav-a to Rar-s.

3) Last slot to be set up with a strange but highly effective tactic in my opinion, the 4-1-4-1. We will use it to put the result on ice, to maintain the advantage without leaving too many spaces for the opponent to act in, compact and trying to manage the ball in the opponent's half by making it circulate from right to left patiently.
Here I still have to think carefully about roles and duties but I already have some ideas that I will add later.

I promise that as soon as I have FM I will post the idea of the tactics, the training sessions and a few screenshots of the players (although many of us already know them) and some ideas for the market.

In detail I will tell you that tomorrow I will start the new save with Roma, DB 21.4 + some additional DBs found on the net (if you are interested I will tell you which ones), the coach will be myself, without the fist of the licenses because for my current level it is already very complicated like this, so I will start with the maximum points to be assigned (I can then specify the qualities of the profile), I will not use the market at the beginning of the save but only at the first useful opening, that is in January 2021.

I do not want to dwell further also because I believe that as a preface it is already very full-bodied in itself, I just have to leave the word to you on any ideas, comments, criticisms and observations in this regard.

Edited by Mik_Fe

So, as promised here are the screens.

TACTICS

Let's start with the most important topic, tactics, indeed tactics:

As mentioned, this will be our tactical base from which to start, balancing measures against opponents will be adopted match by match, see width of the game, defense and rhythm.

1694963870_433base.png.d2e675d3ec162ac89b0ed3d594a60919.png

"The variant" .. as mentioned, to be adopted when we go against opponents with a 4-2-3-1 or with a strong propensity to press high with many players.

1880645164_433HB.png.d0e7d2464366187c4bbed8a769686236.png

And finally this hybrid here .. where the outside attackers turn into inverted Wings and the tip becomes a Pco.

4141.png.a0d1a05dde1b798ba2d7e682263c385f.png

1ST TEAM TRAINING

Following, the workouts:

For athletic training I keep two weeks of purely physical work, where at the end of the second I start to insert the tactical phase

2136684692_1settatl.thumb.png.eeb21662908f169167172b292288a22b.png

and the second week

1336900194_2settatl.thumb.png.9a0fdbe5621358384c51eda92407b7b6.png

Follow the multiple friendlies I do in each pre-season, with the following weekly training

amichev.thumb.png.6dcc4f1d20fb81f821a5caa18f885b5a.png

Let's now move on to the actual season, where I created 4 basic training sessions to rotate, obviously modifying if there are midweek matches, full weeks or national breaks. I state that the slot "rest" that you find on Monday, is replaced by "game review".

The first is the general tactical style week

gen.thumb.png.c57e9fbfe9a8535cbbe99a4a1008c61a.png

The "typical" week

408043090_settimanatipo.thumb.png.7735a132032202cfbccc2e2da4c43cb1.png

defensive phase

dif.thumb.png.cab85f54f58e6c6b975362544f2d6916.png

offensive phase

att.thumb.png.c09d1eb5aa384e3798d23b782c88fda3.png

national break

1639274606_nomatch.thumb.png.b0eae70debb2b440bf41b3173251eb7f.png

the maintenance of the load on "dark green" in the two days before the match, for the tests and the results obtained by me, are of vital importance.
Never like this year have I noticed that the condition is even more fundamental than the form, both for the duration in the game and for the performances.
obviously follows the workload:

433633037_caricolavoro.thumb.png.1ed71cfd90e35649bf642b1a0e33c365.png

PLAYERS

Many of you will already know the Roma players, or at least those I am about to post since they are the fixed points of the first season for sure.

Let's start from the defense, where we find the Mancini - Smalling duo

Spoiler

chris.png.85ced92b53c840fbfc405883522f90c9.png

mancio.png.b5fba8e6a09df3dd09dbc3816a34f5f5.png

We continue on the median and we find two pillars, the current captain Lorenzo Pellegrini and Jordan Veretout

Spoiler

1723800446_lorepelle.png.bfc28afc2268ccffc149afaaf85a8f7d.png

jordan.png.3a342fceb5a0055e49ebebc86fc60bf0.png

We still advance in the department, in the one called "Old but Gold" because there are really old players in front but who still have their say, at least in the first season for sure, with Pedro, Mkhitaryan and Dzeko forming the offensive trio

Spoiler

miki.png.6ed253d52f28ae1527e4cba69d383dab.png

pedro.png.cfc4a00dbc2f4f53f9d1dcfc9659161d.png

edin.png.3e52badcfeae19afe42c97002ae19099.png

I conclude, with him, the gem, the talent, in March it will blossom again and we are waiting for him ... Nicolò

Spoiler

zanio.png.fea6a256a907d04067ff455070afae88.png

for the moment I would like to stop here and leave you some comments ..
considering precisely that tomorrow I will carry out the start of this project.

Last but not least;

a summary of the skills and traits needed to fill the tactical roles:

Attributes SK
Secondary role: Free Goalkeeper - Support
Preferred Foot: Both feet if possible
Traits: none basic
 Ball control
 Steps
 Intuition
 Coldness
 One on one
 Reflections
 Exit
 secondary attributes: acceleration, decisions, courage, agility, position

NOTE! These attributes are in addition to the goalkeeper's default basic attributes: grip, communication, aerial ability and area command. It is particularly important that the goalkeeper has a low eccentricity so as not to take unnecessary risks between the posts or with the ball at his feet.

Central Defender Attributes (DC-def)
Preferred foot: Mainly right foot (DCsx) because if pressed in the direction of the goal it will be able to manage the ball with less difficulty, if instead carried on the weak foot, the left, it will kick the ball in the ring of the farthest stadium; able to use even the left all the better.
Traits: Make short and simple steps (not mandatory); Mark the opponent in a suffocating manner
 Coldness
 Ball control
 Steps
 Intuition
 Acceleration
 Location
 Concentration
 Decisions
or secondary attributes: technique, vision, speed

NOTE! It is also important to note that based on the opposing side I prefer to mark solitary attackers by man. For example, against a 4-2-3-1 with an Attacking Midfielder it is important for me to deploy the central defenders where one is fast and has the ability to read game situations (cover), while the other has the task of marking. to man. The above attributes add to aggression, tackling, marking, strength and courage. Central defenders are also an important factor in defensive and offensive set pieces, so Headers and Elevation will also be two attributes to consider.

Ball playing Def Attributes (BPD-dif)
Preferred foot: left foot (DC right) for the same reason reported for the DC, but here more attention is paid to the use of the other foot, the right.

 Traits: Marks the opponent in a suffocating manner; Take the ball out of defense (not mandatory)
What differentiates the center-back and the DImp within the system I'm creating is the difference in vision and passing technique. In my opinion, the central defender should have greater aggression, marking and strength similar to Smalling, which we already have in the squad, while the other could be faster, more agile and very comfortable in maintaining possession (see Mancini ed Ibanez), transforming the defensive phase into offensive if the backward playmaker is closely marked.
 Coldness
 Ball control
 Steps
 Intuition
 Location
 Concentration
 Decisions
 Technique
 Game vision
 Acceleration
 Speed

CWB Attributes (CWB-sup)
Preferred foot: right of course
Traits: Go ahead as soon as possible; play one-two (optional)

 Resistance
 Without the ball
 Game vision
 Decisions
 Steps
 Cross
 Ball control
 Technique
 Team play
 Contrasts
 Marking
 Aggression
 Acceleration
 secondary attributes: Commitment (being used often in both phases of the game, this attribute should not be underestimated, also considering that he will often have to be seen in the outer space of the field); fantasy (never hurts); balance, concentration and positioning

Wing Back Attributes (WB-sup)
Preferred foot: left
Traits: Go ahead as soon as possible

 Location
 Contrasts
 Marking
 Intuition
 Acceleration
 Speed
 Without Ball
 Concentration

NOTE! If I believe that the opponent does not create too many problems for me on the right flank, I am inclined to select the attack task, giving me the possibility of overloading the right flank with numerical superiority. In this specific case I can also opt for the double CWB, therefore considering the skills that will be needed in that case (having Florenzi in the squad now would be perfect).

Deep Lying Playmaker Def (DLP-d)
Secondary role: Half Back

Preferred Foot: Both if possible
Traits: Always stays behind; go back to get the ball; Take short and simple steps

Intuition (must be able to predict and react to what will happen after he unloads the ball - always be one step ahead of the game both in the defensive and offensive phases)
 Location (always be in the right place at the right time, that was simple)
 Decisions (crucial value, since a wrong decision in coverage, in setting, in turning the ball, intervention to steal the ball from the opponent can reveal the defense and be really bloody as a thing)
 Team play
 Contrasts
 Marking
 Coldness (Must keep calm regardless of pressure and make an intelligent decision, we hope!)
 Steps
 Ball control
 Secondary attributes: game vision, technique, concentration, courage, aggression, strength and balance

BBM/ Mezzala / DLP (BBM/Mez-sup / DLP-sup)
Preferred foot: right
Traits: Set the timing, go ahead as soon as possible, try the decisive passage
 Team play
 Without the ball
 Game vision
 Intuition
 Decisions /
 Ball Control
 Coldness
 Steps
 Resistance
 Technique
 Contrast
 Marking
 secondary attributes: concentration, aggression, balance and position determination

Advanced Playmaker (AP-att)
Preferred foot: right or left does not matter in this case
Traits: Go forward when possible, Play one-twos, Enter the opponent area, Try the decisive pass often

 Without the ball
 Game vision
 Dribbling
 Decisions
 Intuition
 Technique
 Location
 Steps
 Ball control
 secondary attributes: agility, balance, concentration, endurance, team play, marking and commitment

Left Winger Attributes (IF-sup)
Preferred foot: right
Strokes: Cuts inside (from the left side); Enter the opponent's area; shoot by placing the ball; go ahead as soon as possible

 Fantasy
 Dribbling
 Ball control
 Coldness
 acceleration
 Technique
 Intuition
 Finalization
 Agility
 Speed
 Without Ball
 secondary attributes: Commitment, decisions, team play, balance, aggression, long range shot, position, stamina (considering I want them to do the defensive phase as well)

Attributes Right Wing  (IW / IF-att)
Preferred foot: left
 Traits: Cuts inside (from the right side), Enter the opponent's area; Play the one-twos; Shoot by placing the ball; Go ahead as soon as possible (optional)

 Fantasy
 Dribbling
 Ball control
 Coldness
 acceleration
 Technique
 Intuition
 Steps
 Finalization
 Agility
 Speed
 Without Ball
o secondary attributes: Commitment, decisions, team play, balance, aggression, long range shot, position, stamina (considering that I want them to do the defensive phase as well)
NOTE! These are the same attributes of the winger on the other side obviously with the addition of a stroke and passages if an inverted wing is adopted.

Deep Lying Forward (DLF-sup / att)

Secondary role that you can try: Complete Forward
Preferred foot: both possibly (Edin Dzeko is there)
Strokes: back to get the ball; play the one-twos, play in the spaces
 Dribbling
 Team play
 Ball control
 Steps
 Head shot
 Without the ball
 coldness
 Game vision
 Technique
 decisions
 Finalization
 Generic physical attributes such as Strength, Balance, Acceleration, Speed and Endurance on all
 secondary attributes: agility, position, concentration, maximum elevation (often he will have to manage 2 vs 1 situations, the ball must be played on his feet in this case) distance shot, intuition

N.B: I use Google for these post.. so, English in sot perfect.. sorrrrrrrryyyyyy:rolleyes:

Edited by Mik_Fe

• Mik_Fe changed the title to Project Roma - "Caput Mundi" creating a Club DNA

Roma has good players and lots of history. I never managed them, but they are leading candidates for anyone hoping to work in Italy (Serie A). A player linked to many clubs, mainly I think Arsenal and Man Utd Lorenzo Pellegrini plays there, and you would certainly like to get the best out of him. Dzeko would be a great Target man if I am not wrong, and you can use Target man in a possession-based tactic, and I found it an influential role. Sharing your ideas with others makes you feel accomplished because something could feel vague to you, but sharing with others gives you clarity and lets you engage without taking things too seriously. If you work out the detail about how you want to play first, everything else becomes more accessible; otherwise, you get lost in what you are trying to achieve. Since you want to play a possession-based game and prefer to have the ball at your player's feet, you now need to work out how you will transform that onto the pitch, basically score goals. The formation is not essential sometimes; no matter what type of style you want to play, it is about moving the opponents, enticing them to play the game the way you want to play. It is about controlling area zones using the entire width of the pitch and the height to destabilize the defensive block and progress. Most teams that play positional football (Arsenal, Man City, Fc Bayern, Sassuolo) sometimes build with back three. It is relatively common but effective in stretching the first line and moving the ball quickly between them. You create numerical advantage because you do not want to lose the ball in that area and lets your players access different pitch areas. I am excited and looking forward to it even though I can not play FM as much because I am busy with other things currently, and FM requires gradual and systematic planning to feel assured that you will achieve success. It makes it easier when others can give you helpful information and tips to help you speed things faster.

Created the save ..
studied well once again the style I want to implement, the attitude and characteristics of the players ..

This is what I have produced

1304334724_tattica433.png.b007140b6495063be87ec3c5b5e4bca0.png

The individual player instructions are (in italics those by default of the role):

SK-De: short passes

WB-So: Widen the game; Go ahead as soon as possible; Shoot less; Stay wider
BPD-Df: Take more risks, Hold your position; Tougher contrasts
CD-Df: Shoot Less, Dribble Less, Hold Stance, Harder Tackles, Short Passes
CWB-So: Dribble more, Widen the game, Go ahead as soon as possible, Stay wider, Freedom of movement, Shoot less

DLP-Df: Shoot Less, Dribble Less, Hold Position, Less Pressing, Harder Tackling

BBM-So: Freedom of movement, Tight marking, More pressing, Moving in spaces, Dribbling less, Short passes
AP-At: Shoot Less, Dribble More, Take More Risks, More Pressing, Tight Marking

IF-So: Dribble More, Cut Inside With The Ball, Take More Risks, Cross Less Often, Tight Marking, More Pressing, Go Forward ASAP, Shoot Less, Short Passes
IW-At: Go ahead as soon as possible, Cuts in with the ball, Dribble more, Tight marking, Tougher tackles, More pressing, Throwing less, Short passes

DLF-So: Keep the ball, Take more risks, Move in spaces, Tighter tackles, More pressure, Shoot less, Short passes

I open a brief parenthesis on why I chose these team and individual instructions:
As for the departure from the defense it is clear, I want to exploit the technical characteristics and the idea of the game of starting from behind so as to try to open a gap on the first opponent pressure; the pressing across the board has been inserted for the same concept and that is to remain in the opposing half of the field, it is obvious that I can be exposed to counter-attacks or loss of position especially for the first 3 in front and that this requires considerable physical effort, but if current characteristics of the players do not allow it will be implemented players who will allow it.

The attack width and / or the pace will then be changed in the game depending on the opposing side and if you are unable to open a passage.

Passing to the power stations and kicking it short is simple, it is the famous Lavolpian salida. the use of the centromediano would be the top, because it would also push the DC to widen and also increase the height of the full backs, but in that case having a CCQ and a RAv-at would be more difficult to exit, perhaps in that case changing the CCQ in Mezzala-at and RAv-at in RAr-SO would be ideal. to be evaluated when we face teams that press high or that have 3/4 players in front.

The high and high lines therefore allow a center of gravity of the game slightly beyond the midfield line, neither too far back nor too forward, which can be modulated according to the opponents I meet, the offside is not the direct consequence but that too.

Having said that, I briefly explain the game idea:
Roma have values in Technique, Ball Control, Dribbling and Passages among the best in the league, behind only Juventus, while on a mental level they have deficiencies in the skills that are needed for total control of possession, but nothing alarming.

The idea, thanks also to the players already present, is to start the ball on the ground from the defense, thanks also to the contribution of the RAr in front of the central players, it will favor the exit of the ball and the instruction to pass it to the central will help the full-backs of propose already towards the half way line, thus allowing the formation of the famous "triangles".

1792874303_uscitadalladifesa.png.7b54ab24a3079c5420e61a386f9a6cab.png

As you can see in the image attached above, the goalkeeper in possession of the ball has the possibility of 5 passes, if the ball reaches the RAr he has at least 3 safe passing possibilities (2,3 and return to the Por).

Once the ball reaches the height of the midfield, it will be the task of the RAv to bring the ball to the opponent's trocar where it will have 3 possibilities: the insertion of the CCQ, the sorting on the wings or the support to the tip that will favor the advancement of the whole the team in the opposing half, where it is where we will have to stay for most of the game, or rather, that's where I want to stay.

Once the ball reaches the height of the midfield, it will be the task of the RAv to bring the ball to the opponent's trocar where it will have 3 possibilities: the insertion of the CCQ, the sorting on the wings or the support to the tip that will favor the advancement of the whole the team in the opposing half, where it is where we will have to stay for most of the game, or rather, that's where I want to stay.

Case 1: The ball is unloaded on the outside wing, the striker will meet or, according to his decisions based on the skills, he can propose himself externally for a further unloading favoring the insertion of the ATE or the RAv, same thing on the other side but with the difference that the AI will tighten a lot more towards the center, sometimes even arriving on the opposite side.

Case 2: the Rav finds the support of the attacker who, thanks to the technique and the vision of the game, will open either on the defensive outsiders who have now arrived in the trocar zone or on the offensive wisers who exploit the space created behind him.

Case 3: we lose the ball, opponent counterattack, goal !! :D
joke, the RAv can also dialogue backwards with the RAr progressively progressing the maneuver forward in the final third of the field

The idea, however unapproachable is to create that phrasing in zone 14 of the field (the part that is in front of the penalty area) between the two offensive wingers, the striker and the RAv, trying to open a space in the opponent's defense or overloading the central part so as to unload externally to the external defenders who will arrive from the rear ..

Explained in a nutshell what I am looking for .. now, I ask you, certainly more experienced than me or maybe you have already tried something similar, to exchange opinions on it ..

Thanks a lot to everyone

Edited by Mik_Fe

17 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

@Experienced Defender (or someone can want to help) is there any problems for you in this tactic?

(the last tactic that i have post)

Looks reasonable, IMO. I would just look into 2 things:

1. Left side: CWB - RPM - IF. Even if they are all on support, 2 are roamers, one is a forward. You might have a problem there against same-level or better teams.

2. TIs: Play out of Defence and Distribute to CBs. If you want to play out, leave that instruction and take the distribute to cbs. If you don't mind that your cbs find a player free on the wing, for instance, leave the distribution and take the play out instruction. If you leave the distribution, be careful when playing against 2 strikers. The HB will help, but it might be difficult for them to leave that space.

1 hour ago, lfds89 said:

Sembra ragionevole, IMO. Vorrei solo esaminare 2 cose:

1. Lato sinistro: CWB - RPM - IF. Anche se sono tutti in supporto, 2 sono vagabondi, uno è un attaccante. Potresti avere un problema lì contro squadre dello stesso livello o migliori.

2. TI: gioca fuori difesa e distribuisci ai CB. Se vuoi giocare, lascia quell'istruzione e porta la distribuzione a cbs. Se non ti dispiace che i tuoi cbs trovino un giocatore libero sulla fascia, ad esempio, lascia la distribuzione e prendi le istruzioni di play out. Se esci dalla distribuzione, fai attenzione quando giochi contro 2 attaccanti. L'HB aiuterà, ma potrebbe essere difficile per loro lasciare quello spazio.

1.is a calculated risk, I have the same formation created exactly mirror .. to reverse the weak / strong side ..
2.solution already thought out. the distribution of the goalkeeper will be towards the playmaker or towards the full backs in case he faces 2/3 forwards

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Hai testato la tattica per vedere se funziona?

sincerely? no...
I just created a save where I made 4-5 friendlies against teams much lower, the same or slightly higher .. just to do some tactical tests without "wasting" games in the "official" save.
so to see it has no defects I seem to understand right?

57 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

sincerely? no...
I just created a save where I made 4-5 friendlies against teams much lower, the same or slightly higher .. just to do some tactical tests without "wasting" games in the "official" save.
so to see it has no defects I seem to understand right?

And have you noticed any problems?

2 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

only a few attacks in the central area

What exactly do you mean by that?

Anyway, the lack of central penetration does seem to be a major issue in your tactic. Along with congestion in half spaces due to your selection of midfield and wing roles (or rather duties). 

2 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

I just wanted to know if at a glance there was something wrong

There are just a couple of tweaks I personally would make, one of which is changing the CWB into a different role (i.e. WB). Because CWB is a role that optimally suits narrow formations, where he can command the entire flank. Otherwise, there is no need to use the role only because it looks "attractive & exotic". 

Other tweaks include the aforementioned central midfield and wide forward areas. 

thanks for your intervention! It is always precious ...
So as for the central penetration, I think I am right, for the type of game I want to undertake it is a calculated risk .. but he will exploit one thing:
set "stay wide" to the IF and attack task.
The complete tip, on the other hand, is imposed as a support task.

Do you think the maneuver can vary in this way?

frdfs.png.6d5e43a612fdae9a2f59a3e5d08fc170.png

@Experienced Defenderafter 2 month, this is the situaztion.. not bad results.. ok.. but!! we create a lot of chances, gol chances.. but often we shot in the middle of crowd, often we have a 55/58% of possession and 10/15 shots total and 6/8 on target.. but so much often we waste the gol chances.. like 0-0 witch Atalanta or Napoli.. i try to change mentality (reduce), i try to change the duty of offensive roole, i try to play more wide and more slow.. try to open the defensive line of the opponent.. but... i'm not happy for the rapport xG - Gol... 

Any suggestions?

You are doing much better than our beloved Roma in real life, my friend Romanista :D As you know, we lost almost all the derbies, so i would take you as a coach instead of Fonseca any day :lol: