Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

My last 10 games for context - total corners for both sides:

11, 10, 17, 9, 15, 16, 16, 13, 5, 15.

This seems still much tbh. Btw not complaining about it, as long as I don't concede much as in FM 20 :lol: but corner numbers are a bit odd and unrealistic to me. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, h3nrique_SEP said:

Premier League's average corners per game (both teams) is around 9~10, so FM21 is really having problems with this

England Premier League Corners Statistics - WinDrawWin.com 

But is it a big deal? When you watch matches do you think "Crap, I can really see that we have ~25% more corners than real life and it's ruining my enjoyment?"

If it was actually the 20-30 claimed earlier in every game then yeah, maybe it's an issue, but SI are going to struggle getting every single metric within 10% of real life. What would you prefer? The ball to be recycled infield and then a shot taken? That then inflates the shot count.

It's the same as those who feel that shooting has been nerfed. What do they want? A better looking shot that is saved by a more dramatic looking save? Then we have the "super keeper" nonsense circulating again.

My players seem to make tons of uncharacteristic errors and bad passes now in the beta now, despite having excellent technical and mental attributes. Short, central play seems to have been substituted with long balls out wide and the play in general seems to be very rushed, even at lower tempos. Short, patient passing is replaced with faster ping-pong long balls. Crossing and play out wide is slightly overpowered, with full backs or wingers giving a lot more space to the opponent to cross or cut inside. 

SI, Please revert to the beta ME.

23 minutes ago, heyhowie said:

During matches I only have 4 items on the tablet, half the screen is free. Is this a bug or is there any way to add more? 

image.thumb.png.0449573d85911fbf7fa96767e3ed5255.png

What resolution is that? Wish my tablet was able to stack info like that.

Edit: As you were, worked it out.

Edited by Fabregas_04

26 minutes ago, anindyarajan19 said:

even at lower tempos. Short, patient passing is replaced with faster ping-pong long balls.

Better report these with times (00:45 long pass not needed etc) .pkm and tactics you're using. It's still very early days and everything is possible. They are not going backwards.

Edited by Pasonen

Apologies if this has already been mentioned/discussed  but the  match stats is constantly showing during  my game.   Is this meant to happen?  if not, how can I remove it?

Whilst its not the end of the world, it is quite annoying, as at times I cannot see the goal on the left.

FM fault.png

2 minutes ago, Greengoose said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned/discussed  but the  match stats is constantly showing during  my game.   Is this meant to happen?  if not, how can I remove it?

Whilst its not the end of the world, it is quite annoying, as at times I cannot see the goal on the left.

FM fault.png

Click the scorebar on the top left and it disappears. It’s toggleable.

1 hour ago, anindyarajan19 said:

My players seem to make tons of uncharacteristic errors and bad passes now in the beta now, despite having excellent technical and mental attributes. Short, central play seems to have been substituted with long balls out wide and the play in general seems to be very rushed, even at lower tempos. Short, patient passing is replaced with faster ping-pong long balls. Crossing and play out wide is slightly overpowered, with full backs or wingers giving a lot more space to the opponent to cross or cut inside. 

SI, Please revert to the beta ME.

I must disagree with this. The wing play is improved much from the Beta. As for the the errors please watch a real football match even on highest level and see how many mistakes are made. 

1 minute ago, damjanovski said:

I must disagree with this. The wing play is improved much from the Beta. As for the the errors please watch a real football match even on highest level and see how many mistakes are made. 

Did wing play really improve? I am starting to see a lot more narrow angle shots that hit the side netting again. The same problem that plagued a large part of fm20

5 minutes ago, damjanovski said:

Agreed. I think what's lacking overall is the number of mistakes. Just in this round of champions league match with elite clubs there's loads of misplaced passes, scuffed shots, poor first touch by elite players and poor passing options when better is available. It happens in every single game. 

I also think there's not enough shots that go wide or saved/parried by keepers. 

But this level of realism and most will be up in arms about the ME. 

Well this is new. Anyone experienced greyed out Advanced Setup and Quick Start buttons?

FM21_gamesetup_greyedout.thumb.png.42386bfeb751a7e4c2a6e89fecb182fe.png

EDIT: Seems to be a problem with a workshop item I downloaded (Luxembourg league) appearing twice in selected editor files. Have messaged creator.

Edited by anagain

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

But is it a big deal? When you watch matches do you think "Crap, I can really see that we have ~25% more corners than real life and it's ruining my enjoyment?"

If it was actually the 20-30 claimed earlier in every game then yeah, maybe it's an issue, but SI are going to struggle getting every single metric within 10% of real life. What would you prefer? The ball to be recycled infield and then a shot taken? That then inflates the shot count.

It's the same as those who feel that shooting has been nerfed. What do they want? A better looking shot that is saved by a more dramatic looking save? Then we have the "super keeper" nonsense circulating again.

it is a big deal when most of the corners are coming from crosses deflected off defenders

and I would prefer they get the stats closer to real life then spend time re-doing the interfaces.

shouldn't statistical realism be focus of this game after all? the detail and depth in the database is why we play this game.

yet the tactical instructions are being simplified, ME lacks detail, and the stats they generate is disappointing.

28 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Throw ins need to be the focus on next year's ME

They are a mess

Think I can agree on this, players seem to stand miles away from the taker so it's 50/50 wether you retain possession or not, we have zero influence over throw ins too unless they're in the final third 

18 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

You see this with literally every good goal someone posts on here praising the ME. At least one person replies with "But, but the defending is awful!" Totally forgetting that its pretty much awful for any goal scored IRL too...

29 minutes ago, OHoh said:

it is a big deal when most of the corners are coming from crosses deflected off defenders

Is there an online resource showing what common sources of corners are in real life? It's going to be a mix of blocked crosses, passes, shots and what else? By definition it has to be some sort of defensive action repelling some sort of attacking action, so I'm not sure that the source in FM can be that different to real life?

3 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Is there an online resource showing what common sources of corners are in real life? It's going to be a mix of blocked crosses, passes, shots and what else? By definition it has to be some sort of defensive action repelling some sort of attacking action, so I'm not sure that the source in FM can be that different to real life?

CJ Ramson did say that cross blocks and shot blocks are close to real life but go watch a full football match and see how many blocked crosses are taken out for corner.

I think it has got to do with the in game player's turning angle but only they know what the real problem is. 

2 hours ago, heyhowie said:

During matches I only have 4 items on the tablet, half the screen is free. Is this a bug or is there any way to add more? 

image.thumb.png.0449573d85911fbf7fa96767e3ed5255.png

Same here and it drives me nuts. I have made a post about this a few days ago. There is no reasonable reason for taking so much OUT of the game in terms of match day experience. What's the trade off ? What do we get in return for this wasted screen space ? ... nothing. I expected this to be changed by the full release date and just can't see how this is not a priority.

Hopefuly this can still be salvaged by the more experienced skinners.

Edited by SebastianRO

47 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Think I can agree on this, players seem to stand miles away from the taker so it's 50/50 wether you retain possession or not, we have zero influence over throw ins too unless they're in the final third 

They are more dangerous than corners, due to players being displaced.

And the offsides from them are so annoying...

56 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

Agreed. I think what's lacking overall is the number of mistakes. Just in this round of champions league match with elite clubs there's loads of misplaced passes, scuffed shots, poor first touch by elite players and poor passing options when better is available. It happens in every single game. 

I also think there's not enough shots that go wide or saved/parried by keepers. 

In CL matches, the time and space available to make decisions is very limited. The ability to make the right decisions in those little timeframes is what separates Lionel Messi from Adama Traore. 

This kind of errors was already present in the beta ME and in good numbers too.

The issue with the current ME is that players make too many braindead passes and errors despite having space and time which are incredibly rare at the top level. These errors were minimal in the beta ME, especially with a top team. This is what my issue with the current ME is. 

21 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

Same here and it drives me nuts. I have made a post about this a few days ago. There is no reasonable reason for taking so much OUT of the game in terms of match day experience. What's the trade off ? What do we get in return for this wasted screen space ? ... nothing. I expected this to be changed by the full release date and just can't see how this is not a priority.

Hopefuly this can still be salvaged by the more experienced skinners.

You can enlarge the tablet window across to the left and it will add another panel...

Edited by tiotom92

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anindyarajan19 said:

In CL matches, the time and space available to make decisions is very limited. The ability to make the right decisions in those little timeframes is what separates Lionel Messi from Adama Traore. 

This kind of errors was already present in the beta ME and in good numbers too.

The issue with the current ME is that players make too many braindead passes and errors despite having space and time which are incredibly rare at the top level. These errors were minimal in the beta ME, especially with a top team. This is what my issue with the current ME is. 

There weren't any changes to the passing AI between the beta and now. There was some balancing work done to morale, so may just be in those instances the player isn't feeling as good as they were before, so make slightly more mistakes. 

Why is there no upgrade in the ability to position players in the offensive phase ? 

After they allowed defensive width instructions most teams you come up against defend extremely narrow and deep but you are not able to exploit the space because on the offensive side you have little fine control about where the players position themselves beyond obscure roles and lack of real instructions.

Especially how inside forwards behave , when they should move inside in  the half space and when to stay outside, impossible to get this right in the match engine currently, they are either too wide or too narrow and move inside not early enough or too much .

You cant really tell them they should move in the half space when the ball is at a certain level during ball progression which makes it easy for the defense to intercept passes when they play a narrow 4411.

This lack of control makes most games a dull affair when you dont want to play hoof ball ping pong football with the  overpowered gegenpress template. 

Edited by thejay

11 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

There was some balancing work done to morale

if morale oversees and influences a lot of things, wouldnt that mean that many things will experience changes and behave differently than they did previously?

il y a 14 minutes, Neil Brock a dit :

There weren't any changes to the passing AI between the beta and now. There was some balancing work done to morale, so may just be in those instances the player isn't feeling as good as they were before, so make slightly more mistakes. 

So, something has changed. Finally the truth comes out. 

Just now, SpecialOne Miko said:

They always said in the past that minor changes may have big impacts on the pitch. So...

No, they said there may be knock on effects. Not big impacts. If you're making small changes, there could be small knock ons.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

No one has denied that there were changes

But at the same time players were told, that nothing in ME changed and you all are seeing things. Not denial, but surely holding things back. Like in a thread on match timeline I've been told, that I can freely review goalscoring chances in notable events, but there are no goal shots in notable events. Why misleading people, I can't understand? 

pros:

the games runs in awesome speed. saving is faster than ever.

new features are ok. end of season has good upgrade. press conference more complex.

the engine is good and better but there is more work to do.

cons:

poor UI in match 

the dark skin is really missing. i dont understand why removing this and not adding back.

its been already was a full realease and 2 updates and the israeli league still unplayable...  shame 

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

No one has denied that there were changes. What has been made clear was that they were minor changes.

I mean, someone here literally said "For all intents and purposes its basically the same as Beta"

Turns out that vague language leads to confusion.

Just now, Pav_Makarov said:

But at the same time players were told, that nothing in ME changed and you all are seeing things.

I will state again - no one said there weren't changes. Jack, myself and themadsheep (and now Neil) all have been saying that there were, but they were minor.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

asking for more clarity

"some minor balancing (but nothing that would drastically affect how the ME plays yet)."

How minor? How do we quantify drastic? how do you ascertain that minor changes only lead to small knock ons?

Could go on, language is vague and it's not helping matters.

7 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

So all of you moderators can't see any difference on the pitch between beta and release?

Can't speak for anyone else, but once my team got up to full familiarity their play is identical. Issues I have are ones that already existed in the beta, but SI are aware so I'll assess it in the next update

23 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

So all of you moderators can't see any difference on the pitch between beta and release?

We've repeatedly said there were minor changes.

Whether as a result of the beta to full game or just my team taking more shots (as I'm becoming a better team) I'm noticing a few more woodwork hits than there should be, though I haven't counted them.

I am noticing fewer dodgy offsides and dodgy clearances too. The dodgy clearances especially was an issue for me as, being 1000-1 to win the title, we were/are defending for a lot of a match.

20 minutes ago, Style said:

pros:

the games runs in awesome speed. saving is faster than ever.

new features are ok. end of season has good upgrade. press conference more complex.

the engine is good and better but there is more work to do.

cons:

poor UI in match 

the dark skin is really missing. i dont understand why removing this and not adding back.

its been already was a full realease and 2 updates and the israeli league still unplayable...  shame 

+1, well spotted.

I never play the Israeli league but the other 2 cons are apot on.

So long as we are talking about strange occurrences, throw ins leading to an unmarked player outside the area? anyone else?

Both for and against there seems to be a whole lot of space to be found there with what seems to be consistency, so I am curious