Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

So, something has changed. Finally the truth comes out. 

Given we told this 'truth' before we even released the full game here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/536472-do-you-want-the-full-release-to-be-harder-than-the-beta/?do=findComment&comment=12775599 - think stating 'finally' is a bit strong personally. 

il y a 2 minutes, Neil Brock a dit :

Given we told this 'truth' before we even released the full game here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/536472-do-you-want-the-full-release-to-be-harder-than-the-beta/?do=findComment&comment=12775599 - think stating 'finally' is a bit strong personally. 

Was talking about the fact that we were told there was no change in ME for release. 

And there is. Even if  "minor".

And my feedback is the game now is different from beta.

And it seems I'm not alone.

20 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

We've repeatedly said there were minor changes.

Whether as a result of the beta to full game or just my team taking more shots (as I'm becoming a better team) I'm noticing a few more woodwork hits than there should be, though I haven't counted them.

I am noticing fewer dodgy offsides and dodgy clearances too. The dodgy clearances especially was an issue for me as, being 1000-1 to win the title, we were/are defending for a lot of a match.

Have flagged a few as I think it could do with further tweaking towards the top end. I think there could be more on ball retention at both ends so that's what I'm concentrating on at the minute

6 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

Was talking about the fact that we were told there was no change in ME for release. 

Knowing it is morale related should mean that once you get your team properly cohesive and playing well, morale will rise and the good football of the beta should be possible to recapture - I guess we'll see.  My only comment for now in relation to the change is maybe it's a bit overcooked and should have been applied with a little more subtlety.

Edited by rp1966

12 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

Was talking about the fact that we were told there was no change in ME for release

And that was in specific reference to AI decision making on long shots, passing, which had been claimed as very different

il y a 18 minutes, Jack Joyce a dit :

The changes referred to by Neil here were not ME changes, they were external to the ME and filtering through in a way that gave the human player more boosts than the AI. This was changed so human and AI are now equal. Although we did have a match coder investigate the effects of these changes and they said the effects were likely very minor anyway.

In terms of direct AI changes, there was only refereeing + stat fixes, as well as tweaks to clearance decisions and some adaptations to how AI managers organise their defence against 3 striker tactics. That was all. Only other fixes were to one-off bloopers/crashes e.g. goalkeeper carrying the ball over their own line.

Thank you for the explanation. Much appreciated. 

So if I understand correctly we had a stronger morale boost during beta. 

And since morale impact decision making it could explains the difference we see on the pitch. 

Am I correct?

5 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

And since morale impact decision making it could explains the difference we see on the pitch. 

Morale (which is an out of ME mechanic) was providing bigger boosts to the players in the human manager's team than it was to AI managers' teams. This is likely the main cause of the issues some people raised about the game appearing to be too easy. Therefore, it was fixed so morale impacted everyone, AI or human team members, equally (as is intended), and so the human manager's players are playing just how the AI manager's players played in the beta. 

• SI Staff
11 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

Thank you for the explanation. Much appreciated. 

Am I correct?

It's a bit more complicated than that, the boost will had reduced the amount of major lapses in concentration/decisions at times yes. But only in edge-case scenarios which aren't that common. General play will have largely been unaffected and AI play would be exactly the same as before.

As we saw yesterday with a passing bug that someone was seeing post-beta, that issue was there during the beta as well but a change in tactics/team can lead to very different play and lead you to seeing different issues.

il y a 1 minute, JordanMillward_1 a dit :

Morale (which is an out of ME mechanic) was providing bigger boosts to the players in the human manager's team than it was to AI managers' teams. This is likely the main cause of the issues some people raised about the game appearing to be too easy. Therefore, it was fixed so morale impacted everyone, AI or human team members, equally (as is intended), and so the human manager's players are playing just how the AI manager's players played in the beta. 

Thank you sir!

il y a 2 minutes, Jack Joyce a dit :

It's a bit more complicated than that, the boost will had reduced the amount of major lapses in concentration/decisions at times yes. But only in edge-case scenarios which aren't that common. General play will have largely been unaffected and AI play would be exactly the same as before.

As we saw yesterday with a passing bug that someone was seeing post-beta, that issue was there during the beta as well but a change in tactics/team can lead to very different play and lead you to seeing different issues.

Alright. Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

1 minute ago, duvels said:

And what has changed with the lastest hotfix? ME version went from 21.2.0.0 to 21.3.0.0 and I notice some differences in dribbling and crossing, but that could be placebo as well...

The only ME (don't even know if this counts?) change was this:

Ball teleports when goalkeeper taking penalty during shootouts

The changelist is pinned, so you can check.  :thup:

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The only ME (don't even know if this counts?) change was this:

Ball teleports when goalkeeper taking penalty during shootouts

The changelist is pinned, so you can check.  :thup:

Must be placebo then, feels different from a game I analyzed on full detail on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, duvels said:

Must be placebo then, feels different from a game I analyzed on full detail on Tuesday.

Analysing individual matches for changes probably isn't the best option, since anything can happen a couple of times because of a poor decision, prior form, etc. It's when things start being frequently seen as a pattern across several matches that it might indicate there's an issue.

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Analysing individual matches for changes probably isn't the best option, since anything can happen a couple of times because of a poor decision, prior form, etc. It's when things start being frequently seen as a pattern across several matches that it might indicate there's an issue.

It wasn't the only match in which I had those issues, it was the only match I watched on "full match" highlights. I did see the same issues (blocked crosses, players not continuing when dribbling a player), with some extra issues you usually don't see in more restricted highlight modes. With 21.3.0.0 the frequency of crosses being blocked has dropped a bit, which also dropped the number of corners resulting from those blocks. Players also continue running after they dribbled a player instead of slowing down suddenly, so I like the improvements. The average number of corners have dropped with about 33% for example in 21.3 compared with 21.2.

The number of key passes from central players have dropped as well though, while the number of dribbles have increased. Things like that. 

7 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

For real? That's crazy!! What numbers are the AI games producing? When I was browsing about last night I think the max I saw was 6 or 7 but wasn't really paying attention 

Honestly, it's a tad stupid. I will check the other games good point. Most I had was 28 on one game which would never happen for Millwall! We're lucky if we get more than 30% possession IRL! 

8 hours ago, CM said:

Good that it is not only me noticing this. IRL there are games where you hardly see 10 corners overall but in FM there are 20-30 corners every game and mostly because of blocked shots. 

Exactly, very unrealistic. If I have less than 17 corners it's a miracle and I'm Millwall btw! So counter attacking football. On that note are you finding it easy? I'm currently top coming into January. My friend's Millwall save, he came third then 5th in the prem! 

40 minutes ago, Mattwall28 said:

Exactly, very unrealistic. If I have less than 17 corners it's a miracle and I'm Millwall btw! So counter attacking football. On that note are you finding it easy? I'm currently top coming into January. My friend's Millwall save, he came third then 5th in the prem! 

A bit difficult to win games than beta but finished Championship with 105 points managing Brentford, in beta had won the league with Watford scoring 108 I believe. But signing good wonderkids is a bit difficult but guess it has something to do with the difference between Watford's and Brentford's reputation in the game. 

Edited by CM

Regarding corners, here's my last 10 games totals. 

9, 13, 15, 12, 10, 6, 7, 17, 8, 13.

Average of 11, with the 2 highest individual games (15 and 17) being games against teams 2 divisions higher than me. Take only the teams at my level and corners average at 9.75 p/g.

1 hour ago, duvels said:

The number of key passes from central players have dropped as well though, while the number of dribbles have increased. Things like that. 

I've noticed similar, not like for like but I've gone from 7-9 a game from my AMC to 0-2 per game with the widemen picking up the majority of key passes now

22 minutes ago, CM said:

A bit difficult to win games than beta but finished Championship with 105 points managing Brentford, in beta had won the league with Watford scoring 108 I believe. But signing good wonderkids is a bit difficult but guess it has something to do with the difference between Watford's and Brentford's reputation in the game. 

Can your team play mine online? 

Hi,

Quick question I don't think it deserves a thread: is there any issue in loading tactics and training schedules from FM20 to FM21? The filetype is the same?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the little bit of offtopic.

11 minutes ago, 99 said:

Hi,

Quick question I don't think it deserves a thread: is there any issue in loading tactics and training schedules from FM20 to FM21? The filetype is the same?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the little bit of offtopic.

I've loaded tactics from FM20 and it's been fine. Haven't tested training yet actually but I'd like to think it's fine

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I've loaded tactics from FM20 and it's been fine. Haven't tested training yet actually but I'd like to think it's fine

@themadsheep2001 have you managed to import set pieces from FM20 by any chance? I’ve tried and it shows the files but won’t let me import them. 

WORK PERMIT REJECTED

If a transfer falls through because the work permit is rejected then the immediate journalist questions asking what went wrong should have a response to explain this: 'his work permit fell through, thats why we had to pull out of the transfer'

3 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

The changes referred to by Neil here were not ME changes, they were external to the ME and filtering through in a way that gave the human player more boosts than the AI. This was changed so human and AI are now equal. Although we did have a match coder investigate the effects of these changes and they said the effects were likely very minor anyway.

In terms of direct AI changes, there was only refereeing + stat fixes, as well as tweaks to clearance decisions and some adaptations to how AI managers organise their defence against 3 striker tactics. That was all. Only other fixes were to one-off bloopers/crashes e.g. goalkeeper carrying the ball over their own line.

This is the type of open communication that benefits everyone, much more clear and precise than saying "no ME changes that would have a drastic impact" or vague information only being relayed (and only parts of it) through moderators.

1 hour ago, Lord Rowell said:

I've imported them without any problems.

Think I’ve found the issue. Load all routines isn’t working but if I try to load them individually (I.e. corner left, then corner right etc) it imports them.

To my surprise ME is so much better this year, Well done. Even AI vs AI games there is so much through balls than setpieces in previous versions. AM finally better and maybe advanced forward striker role is better than expected. But I'm most suspicious about AI. Using 5 substitute rule feels like cheating to me. AI use it very late- or not at all- and change formation much later if it decides to chase victory or draw.

Edited by baris28

Here's another adorable interface thing.

3 players don't like my instructions, BUT

- Three players

- don't suit his passing style 

- what players? Damned if I know, there is absolutely no way to take a look.

Should I post it to bugs or "eh, it'll do"

IMG_20201127_232114.jpg

5 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

- Three players

IMG_20201127_232114.jpg

This is by far the biggest nonsense of the game, you have full tactic familiarity but players still have concerns about it :idiot:

21 minutes ago, baris28 said:

To my surprise ME is so much better this year, Well done. Even AI vs AI games there is so much through balls than setpieces in previous versions. AM finally better and maybe advanced forward striker role is better than expected. But I'm most suspicious about AI. Using 5 substitute rule feels like cheating to me. AI use it very late- or not at all- and change formation much later if it decides to chase victory or draw.

AMC position is not better, i dont know what game you are playing but its not the same game as me. The position was semi ok in the beta but since full release its such a non existence.

On 25/11/2020 at 16:58, XaW said:

Yeah, I read that they removed the timeline for realism, and I can kind of see what they mean. I'd still like to have it for AFTER the game, if I'm rewatching it to look for certain things tactically or just the few minutes of buildup before a goal or something. And I think I've seen quite a few people ask for it, so I'll just hope it returns in any form.

So timeline is not coming back? Any words about the nicknaming bug ? i reported it twice. 

Just now, OlivierL said:

So timeline is not coming back? Any words about the nicknaming bug ? i reported it twice. 

They said a few times already that the timeline isn't coming back for sure. Guess they might change their mind in the future, but doesn't seem likely. No idea about the bug, if it's been reported then I'd assume they're aware of it and will fix it when the other priority stuff is dealt with.

1 hour ago, Pav_Makarov said:

- Three players

IMG_20201127_232114.jpg

If you hover your mouse over the "3 Players" bit, it gives you their names.

53 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

AMC position is not better, i dont know what game you are playing but its not the same game as me. The position was semi ok in the beta but since full release its such a non existence.

Not for me - Reus got 6 man of the match's for me since full release at AM(C) and got the award for fan favourite because of it.