Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, einherjer83 said:

I've only tried with Flut Skin. But will try with the custom skin now. Thanx for reply 😁

I was using the FLUT skin too & had that 2/3 second lag, just use the default one & hope the FLUT skin gets an update 

Was looking for today to finally buy the game now that I have more free time but decided to launch the updated demo at the same time as FM18 which I consider to be the last enjoyable ME. 

Started two quicksaves with the same tactics to compare how the engine feels. One thing that immediatly impressed me in the first friendlies i  FM18 was that those pre-season minnows had difficulties with passing accuracy! Felt so refreshing to see failed attempts. My reaction surprised me but i quickly understood why when I changed the view to FM21. 

The first two friendlies had a lot of goals and impeccable shot accuracy. In comparison with the ordinary pre-season goals of 18, FM21 gave me already several worldies in just 3 games. A run from the midfield type of goal by my average striker, a Scholes first time volley 35m away and the rest headers from crosses. 

Tiny sample size I know but my first impressions it's that FM21 feels the same game as FM20 and FM19 but slightly improved. While FM18 has an entirely different but more natural feel to it. Player movement looks better in 3d too, player attributes and physicals are also more noticeable in 18 as well. Ah and the UI? just wonderful. It wasn't perfect then so it isn't perfect now. I just wish they went on and improved on that, instead of what they did in 19 and even worse, on 20. I'll keep on waiting for further patches but I don't think I'll be buying this version, for the first time in ages. 

Edited by afailed10

good breakdown @SebastianRO. Are you playing with the Smarter AI Managers mod? If not, you should. Looks like the game is a bit too easy for you judging by your results and by the fact that you can easily counterattack lesser teams having a go at you. I use it, and together with the latest patch for the ME, I am experiencing my best ever FM experience. The game is proper challenging and realistic. The new match engine also brings so many cool moments that are great to watch. The newgen bug is super annoying and prevents me from starting a longterm save, but you can still have a lot of fun in saves that won't go further than 10 years. 

2 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

V 21.2 Major Update feedback.

I have played about half a season on the latest major update and for the most part, it's a good update. By this I mean that certain things have improved without negative consequences in other areas. Normally I wouldn't praise any company for this, as this should be the standard, but in recent years SI just didn't get the balance right and that's just my opinion. This time, this patch, everything they have put in that changelog is working as expected :thup:

The Match Engine

For me is the vital and most important part of this game and it's exceptional after this update. One of the biggest improvements in this patch is the offside bug has finally been addressed; now we have valid goals being validated. Defenders make better challenges in the air, using their decision making and positioning on the pitch much better than before (much better than ever I would say). Central play is working very well, but the word I am going to use for this is BALANCED. The Central Play is Balanced, finally. You don't get too much or too little of it and it doesn't seem to be forced. It's natural, beautiful and it happens when it needs to happen. Creative players are using their Vision a lot better and are creating mind blowing plays which are lovely to watch. Finally, I can justify paying a premium for a playmaker with 18 Vision. Finally, he can actually create something that a player with 14 Vision cannot (of course there is more to the creativity of a player than just the vision stat, but you get the point I'm making). On the whole, I would say that this itteration of the ME ( v 21.2 ) is the best ME in any Football Manager ever made. There is room for improvement, as it always is, but i believe it's the best we've had so far.

*P.S I have seen a lot of posts from people saying that the AI doesn't seem to attack when they are behind, etc. I have experienced that before this patch, but only in some games. The more I increased my reputation (AC Milan), the more teams were happy to get a draw. Some of them, like the lowest in the league, would not attack me even if they were 1 behind. When I was playing in UCL or teams of similar reputation in the league, I didn't really experienced a complacent AI, with a few exceptions. After this patch, v 21.2 I am seeing that more and more teams are willing to risk it against me and there are a lot of games when they just start running at me as soon as I open the score. That leads to me absolutelly anihilating them on the counter. Please see the second screenshot. As a personal take on this, I don't necesarly belive that a team which is 1-0 down has to try and get back into the game at all costs. Say you are Crotone (fighting to avoid relagation) and you have a game against Juventus. Now, your chances of getting anything at all from that game are close to non-existent. You could try and attack, but you could lost 0-6 and your team's morale would just be in the toilet after that game. This would hurt you so much in the long run, much more than not getting 1 or 3 points in a game. I am aware that I just gave an extreme example, but the principle applies vastly.

I am not going to write dedicated sections for every component of the game, like the match day experience, UI, etc. but I am going to address them briefly. The UI and UX are largely the same, with very minor tweaks. Now, these 2 sections are not "bugged" per say, so from a technical standpoint, they don't need fixing or patching out. That said, I am going to say exatcly what I have said before this patch and that is: it is a HUGE and monumental downgrade from any previous itteration that I remember since every playing this game. For the most part, Rensie's skin has fixed the UI problem for me. The player overview panel in his skin is just ... second to none (I appreciate and support a lot of the skinners out there) , but never in my life have I seen a better player overview panel where everything is quite literally AT MOST 1 click away. That said, I would have expected SI to come up with such a design that is easy, fluid and intuitive. I am not going to get in the UX, because that is highly subjective and I like to speak (write) with facts. I am just going to say that for me, the UX is not good.

I haven't experienced any technical issues, any crashes and on my laptop the game is extremly stable. I rendered 4k videos in Adobe Premiere while playing the game and it didn't even flinched. Good job SI for making a snappy and stable game. On the flipside, the low framerate in the 3D is still a problem for me. No matter what I do, the framerate will hover between 110 and 130 FPS, even though my laptop could run it at 500 probably. I have been in touch with the support team for weeks, but nothing clear has come out of it yet. That said, even though is not 144 FPS (my display is 144 Hz) the game runs much smoother than before this patch; sometimes so smooth I forget it's below 144 FPS, but that might just be my G-Sync kicking in.

The one thing that does haunt me in my dreams is the bug I will post below. This has been the case since the BETA and I am sure it's relatively easy to fix ... so I am not sure why it hasn't yet. I have been in touch with people that reported it and all of them (6 to be exact) experience it every single game, just like me. This only happens when the opposition scores a goal. Basically, the card (whatever it's called) remains on the screen even 20 minutes after the goal has been scored. The only way to get rid of it and have your screen space back is to go to another screen (I go to the Tactics screen) and then press cancel on that screen. Once you do that, the pitch is unobstructed by that pesky card.

This is a screenshot of the bug I just explained in my last paragraph:

fAR3YQH.jpg

This is a screenshot that emphasizes the fact that teams did try and attack me and it led to them being completly destroyed. It's not just those teams that attack me, but I am singling them out since the scoreline is highly relevant and I don't want to post analysis screenshots from every single game. Most of the goals scored in the matches highlighted below are scored on the counter, except for my 1st goal. Most of the goals that followed in those matches have been scored on the counter or just because they were taking a more attacking mentality and gave me too much space.

FDpmEiz.jpg

Some of you know me from reading my posts or from exchanging messages with me, so you know what my priorities are. For those of you who don't know, I will say say it:

1. Match Engine - for me, this is second to none when it comes to FM. I just can't get immersed in a FM edition if the ME is bad.

2. UX - user experience

3. UI - User interface - I have put this at no.3  purely for the fact that even though the UI can be cluncky out of the box ( like FM21 ), you can (maybe) salvage it with a good skin. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

With these things in mind, FM21 is a very good game for me. It would have been exceptional if it would just had a better UX overall (like past editions). If you are like me, and you care mostly for the Match Engine, then you will have lots and lots of fun and the game will completly take you away from most of your activities. I am an avid angler and I fish every time I have the chance, but since FM21 dropped ... well .. let's just say that the fish are having a party out there.

Football Manager 19 and 20 had great UI's and UX's, but the Match Engine killed it for me, so I just couldn't bring myself to play them. This time around, it's exactly the opposite, but hey ... it really depends what your priorities are. My most played FM is 2018 with over 2000 hours, but I hope FM21 will be high up there.

DstkvQ3.jpg

cLOQDxn.jpg

IYUmaz5.jpg

What do you think about the AI mentality when they behind?

You see the AI try to attack? because is my saves the AI remains passive when they behind, especially in away games 

20 minutes ago, freddieos said:

good breakdown @SebastianRO. Are you playing with the Smarter AI Managers mod? If not, you should. Looks like the game is a bit too easy for you judging by your results and by the fact that you can easily counterattack lesser teams having a go at you. I use it, and together with the latest patch for the ME, I am experiencing my best ever FM experience. The game is proper challenging and realistic. The new match engine also brings so many cool moments that are great to watch. The newgen bug is super annoying and prevents me from starting a longterm save, but you can still have a lot of fun in saves that won't go further than 10 years. 

There is mod like this? this is my dream

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Wondered why my FBs were getting ridiculous key pass stats then realised, they were on corners. Should corners really be counted as key passes? 

I guess you can consider corners as key pass especially when they lead to a goal.

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

I guess you can consider corners as key pass especially when they lead to a goal.

In that case yeah, but they both getting 6-8 key passes a game just because someone's getting a header on their corners 

Just seems like a really cheap way to boost someone's rating

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

In that case yeah, but they both getting 6-8 key passes a game just because someone's getting a header on their corners 

Just seems like a really cheap way to boost someone's rating

I agree, but what's the real definition of a key pass? A cross leading to a header in the 6-yard-box probably will be considered a key pass as the player is closer to score, no?

Maybe I'm overthinking :idiot:

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

I agree, but what's the real definition of a key pass? A cross leading to a header in the 6-yard-box probably will be considered a key pass as the player is closer to score, no?

Maybe I'm overthinking :idiot:

I think a key pass is a pass into the box that leads to a shot, or just pass that leads to a shot in general, i guess crosses count too 

I've just put a winger on corners & he got 13 key passes in a match, a 9.1 rating with 1 assist, just seems a bit off to me but I'm not sure if it's always been like that 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think a key pass is a pass into the box that leads to a shot, or just pass that leads to a shot in general, i guess crosses count too 

I've just put a winger on corners & he got 13 key passes in a match, a 9.1 rating with 1 assist, just seems a bit off to me but I'm not sure if it's always been like that 

I agree with you, it's too much, we just need to now how SI addresses key passes impact on a player's rating. 

I think this "problem" is the same with keepers having very low ratings.

Just now, LucasBR said:

I agree with you, it's too much, we just need to now how SI addresses key passes impact on a player's rating. 

I think this "problem" is the same with keepers having very low ratings.

Doesn't help we can't view player stats during the game to find out. Even watching back through the analysis isn't great because the stats don't match up 

4 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

V 21.2 Major Update feedback.

I have played about half a season on the latest major update and for the most part, it's a good update. By this I mean that certain things have improved without negative consequences in other areas. Normally I wouldn't praise any company for this, as this should be the standard, but in recent years SI just didn't get the balance right and that's just my opinion. This time, this patch, everything they have put in that changelog is working as expected :thup:

The Match Engine

For me is the vital and most important part of this game and it's exceptional after this update. One of the biggest improvements in this patch is the offside bug has finally been addressed; now we have valid goals being validated. Defenders make better challenges in the air, using their decision making and positioning on the pitch much better than before (much better than ever I would say). Central play is working very well, but the word I am going to use for this is BALANCED. The Central Play is Balanced, finally. You don't get too much or too little of it and it doesn't seem to be forced. It's natural, beautiful and it happens when it needs to happen. Creative players are using their Vision a lot better and are creating mind blowing plays which are lovely to watch. Finally, I can justify paying a premium for a playmaker with 18 Vision. Finally, he can actually create something that a player with 14 Vision cannot (of course there is more to the creativity of a player than just the vision stat, but you get the point I'm making). On the whole, I would say that this itteration of the ME ( v 21.2 ) is the best ME in any Football Manager ever made. There is room for improvement, as it always is, but i believe it's the best we've had so far.

*P.S I have seen a lot of posts from people saying that the AI doesn't seem to attack when they are behind, etc. I have experienced that before this patch, but only in some games. The more I increased my reputation (AC Milan), the more teams were happy to get a draw. Some of them, like the lowest in the league, would not attack me even if they were 1 behind. When I was playing in UCL or teams of similar reputation in the league, I didn't really experienced a complacent AI, with a few exceptions. After this patch, v 21.2 I am seeing that more and more teams are willing to risk it against me and there are a lot of games when they just start running at me as soon as I open the score. That leads to me absolutelly anihilating them on the counter. Please see the second screenshot. As a personal take on this, I don't necesarly belive that a team which is 1-0 down has to try and get back into the game at all costs. Say you are Crotone (fighting to avoid relagation) and you have a game against Juventus. Now, your chances of getting anything at all from that game are close to non-existent. You could try and attack, but you could lost 0-6 and your team's morale would just be in the toilet after that game. This would hurt you so much in the long run, much more than not getting 1 or 3 points in a game. I am aware that I just gave an extreme example, but the principle applies vastly.

I am not going to write dedicated sections for every component of the game, like the match day experience, UI, etc. but I am going to address them briefly. The UI and UX are largely the same, with very minor tweaks. Now, these 2 sections are not "bugged" per say, so from a technical standpoint, they don't need fixing or patching out. That said, I am going to say exatcly what I have said before this patch and that is: it is a HUGE and monumental downgrade from any previous itteration that I remember since every playing this game. For the most part, Rensie's skin has fixed the UI problem for me. The player overview panel in his skin is just ... second to none (I appreciate and support a lot of the skinners out there) , but never in my life have I seen a better player overview panel where everything is quite literally AT MOST 1 click away. That said, I would have expected SI to come up with such a design that is easy, fluid and intuitive. I am not going to get in the UX, because that is highly subjective and I like to speak (write) with facts. I am just going to say that for me, the UX is not good.

I haven't experienced any technical issues, any crashes and on my laptop the game is extremly stable. I rendered 4k videos in Adobe Premiere while playing the game and it didn't even flinched. Good job SI for making a snappy and stable game. On the flipside, the low framerate in the 3D is still a problem for me. No matter what I do, the framerate will hover between 110 and 130 FPS, even though my laptop could run it at 500 probably. I have been in touch with the support team for weeks, but nothing clear has come out of it yet. That said, even though is not 144 FPS (my display is 144 Hz) the game runs much smoother than before this patch; sometimes so smooth I forget it's below 144 FPS, but that might just be my G-Sync kicking in.

The one thing that does haunt me in my dreams is the bug I will post below. This has been the case since the BETA and I am sure it's relatively easy to fix ... so I am not sure why it hasn't yet. I have been in touch with people that reported it and all of them (6 to be exact) experience it every single game, just like me. This only happens when the opposition scores a goal. Basically, the card (whatever it's called) remains on the screen even 20 minutes after the goal has been scored. The only way to get rid of it and have your screen space back is to go to another screen (I go to the Tactics screen) and then press cancel on that screen. Once you do that, the pitch is unobstructed by that pesky card.

This is a screenshot of the bug I just explained in my last paragraph:

fAR3YQH.jpg

This is a screenshot that emphasizes the fact that teams did try and attack me and it led to them being completly destroyed. It's not just those teams that attack me, but I am singling them out since the scoreline is highly relevant and I don't want to post analysis screenshots from every single game. Most of the goals scored in the matches highlighted below are scored on the counter, except for my 1st goal. Most of the goals that followed in those matches have been scored on the counter or just because they were taking a more attacking mentality and gave me too much space.

FDpmEiz.jpg

Some of you know me from reading my posts or from exchanging messages with me, so you know what my priorities are. For those of you who don't know, I will say say it:

1. Match Engine - for me, this is second to none when it comes to FM. I just can't get immersed in a FM edition if the ME is bad.

2. UX - user experience

3. UI - User interface - I have put this at no.3  purely for the fact that even though the UI can be cluncky out of the box ( like FM21 ), you can (maybe) salvage it with a good skin. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

With these things in mind, FM21 is a very good game for me. It would have been exceptional if it would just had a better UX overall (like past editions). If you are like me, and you care mostly for the Match Engine, then you will have lots and lots of fun and the game will completly take you away from most of your activities. I am an avid angler and I fish every time I have the chance, but since FM21 dropped ... well .. let's just say that the fish are having a party out there.

Football Manager 19 and 20 had great UI's and UX's, but the Match Engine killed it for me, so I just couldn't bring myself to play them. This time around, it's exactly the opposite, but hey ... it really depends what your priorities are. My most played FM is 2018 with over 2000 hours, but I hope FM21 will be high up there.

DstkvQ3.jpg

cLOQDxn.jpg

IYUmaz5.jpg

The ME has been far better than the initial full release. My only gripe is that my attackers seem to fire their shots straight at the defender too many times. 

Otherwise, almost everything is working perfectly. Just had Frenkie De Jong slide a through ball past a narrow defence for Trincao to finish.

These 'no context' issues are just getting worse and worse. Or, i should say, more like same, same "nothing's been done".

End of season review. Swedish Division 2. 

Final table:
Table.thumb.jpg.03bee39c8509be87b3e23010e6f134e0.jpg

Checking the new arrivals. The board are disappointed with one deal. My consistent AMR who's been vital to our success.
The reason? Giving the player a wage that is too high for his place in the squad:
Unhappy.thumb.jpg.4509d8b04d3c8c2be74d203a34024a21.jpg

The thing is, he's on a non-contract. No wages. There are bonuses though with a relative high appearance fee. That might be what's triggering the board:
Non-Contract.thumb.jpg.cde12c1fe34a4220074e0e469d662f93.jpg

Moving on to 'How you lined up':
864378465_Howyoulinedup.thumb.jpg.725c81d0b467daf374fcfaea01c97ff9.jpg

The 2 players Persson and Skarp. I have no idea who they are. Possibly played for the club at some point? But not with me. At all. Nor are they current players. They seem to have retired.
Filip Hellman and Lucas Lima? I sold them very early on. They didn't play a single competitive match for me.
Why are those 4 players there?
Seems like it's picking the wrong season. Hellman and Lima were there the previous season.
Which might be the case of the formation as well. 4-4-2? I haven't played 4-4-2 at all with this team.
This has been my formation the entire season:
Formation.jpg.c1b397e41a763a2fd0aab5607ad18828.jpg

It's been like this since Beta. I played Beta without mods. Now i play with mods. Difference is none.
I've also been with many different teams, in different countries. In both pre-release and post-release the end of season review is the same mess.

Pre-match interviews after the match has finished are also still happening. Uploading a save game now is a no-go, due to my crappy internet vs the size of my save file. 
The quality of the game overall has to be much better. Especially with new/revamped features. They have to work correctly.
A bug here and there is to be expected but this is way off the mark. It simply doesn't work as intended.

As i continue with the news i get the team report assessment for the upcoming season.
Best XI is still a 4-4-2. Where does this 4-4-2 come from? My assistant's preferred formation is 5-3-2WB.
I have one staff member who prefers 4-4-2 but he doesn't report on anything.
Apparently my PA, Signe Gryting, knows very little. She should be fired. 
Assessment.jpg.5e7b858253bb1802ee09958655b208d5.jpg

Also notice on the notable weaknesses; "4-4-2 has contributed to the team conceding an average of 4 chances per 90 minutes played while using it this season".
I haven't used it. It's flat out wrong.
Now, while writing this, i do remember going on a defensive 4-1-4-1 in the dying moments of a few matches, to defend our lead. But that shouldn't qualify. Nor is it a 4-4-2.
But i have also created an impressive average of 7 chances per 90 minutes with the same formation. Yeah....the one i haven't used.
That is indeed very impressive.

Sorry, but all these issues are leaving a sour taste in my FM mouth and i can't leave it unsaid. That would just make it worse for me.

I shall move on for now and prepare for the upcoming season. I have some defensive improvements to make.

PS! Here's a funny little thing, before i go.
That new season team report! I still haven't clicked Contine. Still the same date, month, year and time.
I flicked through a few pages and came back to that news item. It still talks about the 4-4-2 but now the Best XI looks like this:
1652098836_Assessment2.jpg.31e9736ea12cf154a726d4ff7b251b4f.jpg

Yup. It has changed formation.
Only produces one question inside my own little analytical brain.
What information in this game can i actually trust?
If i'm a manager then i really need to be able to trust the information i'm getting is true.
Is it the skin? Is it the game itself? Because i do know quite a bit of the stuff the game itself throws at me can be ambiguous and/or just plain wrong.
Who knows?! Not me. That's for sure. I'll just stick to my own analysis, squad building and tactics. That's all i do and it works better than any information the game is trying to throw at me.

Ok, i'm actually done now. Back to the game :D
Keep on....uhmmmmm.....managing...?!

I think there should be some fix for allow games to be moved for broadcast option. I mean, what is the difference between that and playing on Wednesdays and Saturdays other than your games getting moved to a ridiculous date for no reason? And if you get to latter stages of CL and FA cup it becomes utterly ridiculous where you have to play 10-11 games in April. I do not get the difference between the two as games are broadcast everywhere in the world no matter when they are played despite blackout in the UK and teams are probably getting paid broadcast money.

Edited by CM

I just had an approach for my chief scout from a higher division club. Being amateur it doesn't help to offer him a new contract but I was pleased to see I had an option to convince him to stay.

It made me think that I have not seen this option when my amateur players are offered contracts elsewhere. That disappoints me.

I feel like FM has never really got the amateur side of FM spot on. For one, we often see players on amateur contracts have an expiry date of 1900. I still see that despite knowing it has been bugged before. It's cosmetic rather than game effecting though.

In the real worl I feel like players are amateurs at certain clubs because they have a job in the area too. That is soemthign i would like to see better represented in FM. When another amateur club approaches my players I want to see options to convince them to stay and I want flavour such as them saying they want to stay in the area. There could be a range of option depending on the job, because some jobs are easier to move than others.

I do feel like FM21 is missing some pretty basic options in this regard though. I am sure I have seen options to convince players to stay in past FMs. I wonder if it is similar to how past conversations histories are still not in FM21 even after the big patch of this last week.

10 hours ago, bartnawer said:

Anyone else experiencing terrible ratings every game for their fullbacks? We have won 5 games in a row and my fullbacks have been below 6.2 each game, which seems a bit strange.

Yes the seem incapable of getting anything above a 6.5 for me.

10 hours ago, bartnawer said:

Anyone else experiencing terrible ratings every game for their fullbacks? We have won 5 games in a row and my fullbacks have been below 6.2 each game, which seems a bit strange.

Nope, my fullbacks have gotten between 7.0 and 7.5 in every match I've had since the update.

11 hours ago, bartnawer said:

Yep. I have to say that my full backs have been given poor ratings all season. There will be the odd 7 chucked in but usualy they are lucky to get a 6.5.

I have believed it is more to do with the style of football my team plays. I don't play wingers and I also play a very direct game. Whilst I do play carrileros to get midfielders a little wider my FBs do pump a lot of balls forward. These balls don't always connect so I assumed that was responsible for poor ratings.

It'd be interesting to know what other managers getting poor FB ratings are doing with their FBs.

11 hours ago, bartnawer said:

Last season both my fullbacks averaged 6.3 for the season. I noticed though their passing accuracy was below 60%. Like the guy above, we play quite direct so what they were doing was getting it and hoofing it forward. 

This season changed to play out from defence and they're getting 6.7's, 6.8's now so a bit better.

I don't know if this is known or if it is because I am accidentally clicking another part of the UI but if I try to give a player a nickname from their Overview screen the game takes me to Club Info.

Anyone else experienced this?

I tried 4 times and only on the fourth go was I able to input a nickname.

Bit annoying, too, that the field is blank when I input a nickname. I often just add info to a youth player's name for purposes of judging youth. Now I have to type their whole name in.

After the new patch and playing for a while, i've decided to quit fm, probably not forever, but for a long time and a couple of versions for sure. I'm tired of this circle of being perfectly happy with match engine, and then all of a sudden nothing is working, if not fully, not working as before, and no matter what i do, i can't get that enjoyment as I did pre-patch. Feels like falling in love and then getting dumped one day without a clue what even happened. I can revert to the older patch, but then there's no youth intake fix, so it's a lose-lose for me. 

After reading some of the feedback posts, i am really happy for some of you that find the game more challenging now and most importantly, enjoyful, as that is the main goal here, and i also feel for those of you that feel similar to me regarding the fm now.

I wish SI gave us the option for everyone to enjoy their game the way they like, but i don't blame them, i've had a lot of fun hours on this fm pre patch and in betw and it was value for the money, but it's not something that i can enjoy anymore, and when i can't, it's best to say it's not for me and move on instead of getting frustrated that my strikers can't do what they did before for example.

Hope you all have fun, and good luck

Edited by vukigepard

well the "waiting for the defender to catch me before i attempt crossing" is still there, so is the "shooting like a madman at the defender marking me, instead of passing to a teammate unmarked beside me when i'm in the box"... My two joys in FM these last 2 years. I'm so happy.

To me, a bad omen to this new ME is that the bonkers unbeatable and totally unrealistic tactic that i used in FM 20 and ruin the game for me, that wasn't logically working on the FM 21 prepatch ME, is working very well again...

So yeah...

Edited by Mr Tonio

15 hours ago, freddieos said:

Hey bro!

A new player here I just want to ask is modding safe? Will it ruin my game?

Other than that can you tell me how this MOD is working for you like what changes are you noticing vs the actual game??

Edited by Adit Agrawal

6 hours ago, anagain said:

I just had an approach for my chief scout from a higher division club. Being amateur it doesn't help to offer him a new contract but I was pleased to see I had an option to convince him to stay.

It made me think that I have not seen this option when my amateur players are offered contracts elsewhere. That disappoints me.

I feel like FM has never really got the amateur side of FM spot on. For one, we often see players on amateur contracts have an expiry date of 1900. I still see that despite knowing it has been bugged before. It's cosmetic rather than game effecting though.

In the real worl I feel like players are amateurs at certain clubs because they have a job in the area too. That is soemthign i would like to see better represented in FM. When another amateur club approaches my players I want to see options to convince them to stay and I want flavour such as them saying they want to stay in the area. There could be a range of option depending on the job, because some jobs are easier to move than others.

I do feel like FM21 is missing some pretty basic options in this regard though. I am sure I have seen options to convince players to stay in past FMs. I wonder if it is similar to how past conversations histories are still not in FM21 even after the big patch of this last week.

I definitely agree that amateur clubs could be implemented better. It is very tedious having to offer a new contract to a key player 10+ times a season in order to get them to stay each time that an offer comes in.

4 hours ago, vukigepard said:

After the new patch and playing for a while, i've decided to quit fm, probably not forever, but for a long time and a couple of versions for sure. I'm tired of this circle of being perfectly happy with match engine, and then all of a sudden nothing is working, if not fully, not working as before, and no matter what i do, i can't get that enjoyment as I did pre-patch. Feels like falling in love and then getting dumped one day without a clue what even happened. I can revert to the older patch, but then there's no youth intake fix, so it's a lose-lose for me. 

After reading some of the feedback posts, i am really happy for some of you that find the game more challenging now and most importantly, enjoyful, as that is the main goal here, and i also feel for those of you that feel similar to me regarding the fm now.

I wish SI gave us the option for everyone to enjoy their game the way they like, but i don't blame them, i've had a lot of fun hours on this fm pre patch and in betw and it was value for the money, but it's not something that i can enjoy anymore, and when i can't, it's best to say it's not for me and move on instead of getting frustrated that my strikers can't do what they did before for example.

Hope you all have fun, and good luck

Well, the game is realy better now and yes it should be challenging, that is the whole point.

Trying to send players on loan and no-one is bidding getting a bit annoying, I'm in League One offering out good young-ish players on no fee, low wages and nobody is taking them, League Two, conference sides would be jumping over fences to get them on loan in real life

So I decided that I'm going to give FM another chance after the last update, even though I had to abandon ~50h save that was broken beyond repair due to bugs. Then I see my player getting two yellow cards in a single game, resulting in red card, and he isn't suspended for next match! And guess what, those two yellow cards he received in this game don't even count towards his overall yellow cards...

I logged a bug but seriously at this point I am disgusted with this version of FM, it is literally unplayable...