Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

15 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Is it anyway to Cancel an End of Contract signing joining your team in the 1st of July? I don't want that player anymore, can I cancel it? Or do I have to eat him now?

I think you used to be able to but I don't think it can be done anymore. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the new features are pretty useless (above all the recruitment meeting that i starting to skip), I think this the best version of the game.

the ME is not perfect but it has a great balance between realism and fun. At least for the way i play (creative with 2 Trequartista roles + an advaced and a complete forward in front). while with a similar tactic in FM20 i scored the most of the goals with header (even if i have all Messi-like strikers) and with so many attacking roles the team was too balanced, now there are more (a lot more) goals with low ball and central play, a lot o variety, a lot of goals scored and a lot of goals agaist. (my philosopy is to lost 3-4 is better than draw 0-0)

Pace/Acc is a Little too overpowered again.

But the most important complain i have is about how game use CA/PA system.
Even if there are many other parameters, CA/PA have too weight in scouting report (imho PA shouldn't have any at all) so that look at performance is the less important things. Above all for the AI. 

For example, I'm playing in Hungary and I have a young striker that at 20yo won the European Golden Shoe, at 21yo, he was third in best Champions League Striker. 
But there are few good teams interested and no one try to make offert. 

While I have several youngers with no or few caps (and of course not great performance) that i can sell easily to european top team, cause (i bet, my staff said so) have better potential. 

Schermata 2021-02-19 alle 09.08.35.png

26 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

Even if the new features are pretty useless (above all the recruitment meeting that i starting to skip), I think this the best version of the game.

the ME is not perfect but it has a great balance between realism and fun. At least for the way i play (creative with 2 Trequartista roles + an advaced and a complete forward in front). while with a similar tactic in FM20 i scored the most of the goals with header (even if i have all Messi-like strikers) and with so many attacking roles the team was too balanced, now there are more (a lot more) goals with low ball and central play, a lot o variety, a lot of goals scored and a lot of goals agaist. (my philosopy is to lost 3-4 is better than draw 0-0)

Pace/Acc is a Little too overpowered again.

But the most important complain i have is about how game use CA/PA system.
Even if there are many other parameters, CA/PA have too weight in scouting report (imho PA shouldn't have any at all) so that look at performance is the less important things. Above all for the AI. 

For example, I'm playing in Hungary and I have a young striker that at 20yo won the European Golden Shoe, at 21yo, he was third in best Champions League Striker. 
But there are few good teams interested and no one try to make offert. 

While I have several youngers with no or few caps (and of course not great performance) that i can sell easily to european top team, cause (i bet, my staff said so) have better potential. 

Schermata 2021-02-19 alle 09.08.35.png

You go tell Mbappe and Neymar now, or previously Messi and Ronaldo that Pace, Accelaration and Dribbling is OP.

Of course is OP and is how it should be, there is a huge diference between fast / quick players that know how to dribble and players who are not or don't know how.

11 minuti fa, Sharkn20 ha scritto:

You go tell Mbappe and Neymar now, or previously Messi and Ronaldo that Pace, Accelaration and Dribbling is OP.

Of course is OP and is how it should be, there is a huge diference between fast / quick players that know how to dribble and players who are not or don't know how.

Kakà was faster then Messi. 
And Brazilian Ronaldo when was fat and out of form was faster then Kakà. (ok Ronaldo pre-injuries was out of world with only Pelè and Maradona but not only for his pace)

(oh and Zidane was slow, but can outclassed Cr7 and Messi very easily)

Agility, balance are more important. And talking about pace, then explosion (that is the fast in first meters) is more important in football. It's very rare that a player can reach his max speed in a football field. 

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

Just now, FlorianAlbert9 said:

Kakà was faster then Messi. 
And Brazilian Ronaldo when was fat and out of form was faster then Kakà. (ok Ronaldo pre-injuries was out of world with only Pelè and Maradona but not only for his pace)

(oh and Zidane was slow, but can outclassed Cr7 and Messi very easily)

Agility, balance are more important. And talking about pace, then explosion (that is the fast in first meters) is more important in football. It's very rare that a player can reach his max speed in a football field. 

Kaka faster than Messi with the ball in his primer years??????

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You obviosuly didn't follow La Liga or you are trolling.

No need to continue this conversation. We are really far apart here.

Kaka and Zidane were technical players, nothing related to Brasilian Ronaldo or Messi, they were completely different mold of players, not comparable. In FM21 Tecnical players with great mentals are key players in the engine to create attack and opportunities, so again perfectly represented in the ME.

But you need pace and dribbling to pass through defenders and score or assist, again as it should be. There is a big difference in football nowadays Re: Athletism of what it was 15 years ago.

4 minuti fa, Sharkn20 ha scritto:

Yes (Kakà vs Messi in the video)
Messi have better agility, balance, ball control and dribbling (of course, he is way better than Kakà). But not better pace.

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

7 minuti fa, Sharkn20 ha scritto:

But you need pace and dribbling to pass through defenders and score or assist, again as it should be. There is a big difference in football nowadays Re: Athletism of what it was 15 years ago.

Pace and athtetism are different. 
There is more Stamina nowdays, yes. (in fact the record by human on big distance was made in 2018)
Pace is a different thing: in fact the record is by Bolt in 2009. 

29 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

Yes (Kakà vs Messi in the video)
Messi have better agility, balance, ball control and dribbling (of course, he is way better than Kakà). But not better pace.

That video clearly shows that Kaka had like 10m of clearance from Messi in the first touch, then Messi catches up and request help from the defenders, Kaka veers to the right and Messi doesn't want to foul him and stops pursuing.

So yeah my point is shown, Messi was faster than Kaka, thanks.

As the Mod was saying this is not FM21 anyways.

I like how Pace and Dribbling is shown in the ME this year, clearly makes a difference to upper echelon players, as in real life.

В 15.02.2021 в 23:34, blejdek сказал:

Whats the point of playing this game when you see something like this, one match after another

Lol in last save my club which won with lower statistics. Because this is payday, AI, this is payday :mad:

• Young players improved too much fast. Even regular players who never been a star , are close to own potential in 20 years :eek: 
  • Looks like there are no players who have penalty attribute >10 at all in 2036 (or ridiculously small amount at least)
  • FB are defensive in 99% cases and their attributes are defensive
  • Strange advanced positions. Many strikers have CM as advanced roles, even WB sometimes.

As remember all these issues existed before and probably this is not a key influence for long save, but negative anw. 

Another sadly thing - players was an important, but started to be weaker in compare of partners and/or league level. I want to save him, but he asking crazy contract. He going to be a free agent and I find him later in lower club with lower salary. He could be a part of my club (which favourite for him btw), but looks like he chose to lose everything. It doesnt matter anymore to realism for me, but I want to keep players in gameplay reasons at least. This is old problem too and I raise this before, sure that other members did it too.

I would rather concede from an intercepted short pass or through ball than seeing the millionth long ball I told my players not to make, get intercepted leading to a counter and high quality chances.

The game doesn't even let you choose the way you want to lose. It's just that bad.

If the game essentially let me make my own mistakes, let's say I have placed my players poorly on the pitch and there's no free player for the pass and it gets intercepted, fair enough that's  my mistake! I as a player then need to go back to the drawing board and figure out a solution.

But the error is mine, however this game is hell-bent on giving you problems that you have no solutions to.

There's absolutely nothing I can do about the millionth intercepted long ball that leads to a goal. This is bad game design, you have provided the player with problems they can't solve because your ME will just keep spamming that long ball no matter what instructions you give your players.

AI keeps playing long balls over the top, even with the best solutions I could find by other players, you cannot reduce this to an acceptable level, even better players does not fix this.

Again the game gives you problems that you cannot solve, maybe reduce but even then it's at an unacceptable level.

I just don't understand how this game is considered not broken, every year they promise to fix the issues (the long ball nonsense has been going on for 3/4 versions) but it gets left in the bug forum.

I would rather they spend a year fixing these issues than new features that I will never use. The ME is the heart of this game and it's just at such a bad level.😔

13 minutes ago, bcereus said:

I would rather concede from an intercepted short pass or through ball than seeing the millionth long ball I told my players not to make, get intercepted leading to a counter and high quality chances.

The game doesn't even let you choose the way you want to lose. It's just that bad.

If the game essentially let me make my own mistakes, let's say I have placed my players poorly on the pitch and there's no free player for the pass and it gets intercepted, fair enough that's  my mistake! I as a player then need to go back to the drawing board and figure out a solution.

But the error is mine, however this game is hell-bent on giving you problems that you have no solutions to.

There's absolutely nothing I can do about the millionth intercepted long ball that leads to a goal. This is bad game design, you have provided the player with problems they can't solve because your ME will just keep spamming that long ball no matter what instructions you give your players.

AI keeps playing long balls over the top, even with the best solutions I could find by other players, you cannot reduce this to an acceptable level, even better players does not fix this.

Again the game gives you problems that you cannot solve, maybe reduce but even then it's at an unacceptable level.

I just don't understand how this game is considered not broken, every year they promise to fix the issues (the long ball nonsense has been going on for 3/4 versions) but it gets left in the bug forum.

I would rather they spend a year fixing these issues than new features that I will never use. The ME is the heart of this game and it's just at such a bad level.😔

I disagree, rarely conceed long balls over the top,  get your DL back a notch, or get fast CDs who can cover the ground behind them.

If you are talking about your players playing long balls, then reduce passing distance and tempo. Get players with great Teamwork / Decisions / Composure.

It all happens for a reason in the ME wether you like it or not. You have the Tactical forum to assist with your problems. If you want to listen and learn.

Edited by Sharkn20

I’m playing the same tactic I played with Lille, now with Arbroath. It’s hilarious how many goals I’m conceding through long balls from my CB’s to their CB’s that then result in them pinging it straight back over my own CB’s for a conceded goal. My CB’s NEVER did this at Lille. We kept the ball and actually played out from the back.

This is all to be expected and I’m working out a different strategy for my CB’s who clearly are terrified of ever having the ball at their feet!

As a side note, my CB’s at Lille NEVER missed a long ball header. Watching my CB peasants at Arbroath continually misjudge the flight of the ball, is also hilarious, and also, to be expected.

If your world class CB’s are doing any of the above then you have a serious tactical issue.

3 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You obviosuly didn't follow La Liga or you are trolling.

No need to continue this conversation. We are really far apart here.

Kaka and Zidane were technical players, nothing related to Brasilian Ronaldo or Messi, they were completely different mold of players, not comparable. In FM21 Tecnical players with great mentals are key players in the engine to create attack and opportunities, so again perfectly represented in the ME.

You shouldn't need pace though. Take Messi or Modric, both very good dribblers even today but not exactly very quick. Pace isn't all that important for midfield or striker roles. It is a nice attribute to have but not necessary to score or assist. Anticipation, Off The Ball are far more important than pace.

1 hour ago, bcereus said:

Your player is clearing the ball long because of a combination of the following - 1. Tempo is too high so they look to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. 2. Passing is too direct, potentially combined with too higher tempo. 3. Poor passing options for the defender when he's on the ball. 4. Poor individual player attributes that aren't suited to playing out from the back.

You are conceding chances from balls over the top because of a combination of the following - 1. Defensive line is too high, leaving too much space in behind. 2. Poor pressing structure whereby your team is pressing very high, very aggressively, teams play around you which leaves playmakers etc with time and space to make passes over the top. 3. Poor individual player attributes not suited to playing a high defensive line.

I would suggest you take some time to analyse your tactical setup, ensure your mentality, creative freedom, defensive line height + width and pressing setup is all working in tandem, then come back delete your post and realise it was your own fault all along. 

4 hours ago, bcereus said:

I just don't see it. This ME is the best one for a very long time in terms of enjoyment and seeing what I am asking my team to do on the pitch. Of course there are issues, but compared to last years ME, I am delighted with this. It is fun to watch. 

FM22 needs to think twice about forced questions like this, below. For context, Haidara was the keeper at my first club and was snapped up on a free by a top division club - we were amateur so there was nothing I could do. I wanted to keep Haidara.

I have now been snapped up myself by a top division club and the team Haidara was at were relegated. I needed a back up keeper so decided to plump for what I knew.

Now I get a question asking why I bought a player I had previously parted company with. The question needs to take in toa ccount that you may not have wanted to do what the journalist is insisting you did. In real life I would be able to say 'well, actually you are wrong' and fill in why.

I believe options are needed in FM to explain or correct a question. This question is just assuming that the journalist is right. Nor does the question take ina ccount the many, many transfers in the real world of football that are not by choice.

The question forces players of the game in to holes that they wouldn't be forced in to in real life.

FM21_Openquestion.thumb.png.b872f2ad39fd96db9ff007caed0d2186.png

The question needs to be able to have a second line with alternative answers, for example 'I didn't sell Calvin by choice last time', or even 'why do you assume I sold him because he wasn't good enough?'

All I can do with the game is take the neutral option and add comments myself. Whatever i answer with in this case is, I feel, saying 'yes, your right and I'm a fool'.

I know press conferences are not always in favour of a manager, but a manager can say whatever he wants rather than a choice of five answers.

In general press conferences can be, and I am sure are, expanded on for each and every FM. I feel we need better options.

3 hours ago, joemez1193 said:

Your player is clearing the ball long because of a combination of the following - 1. Tempo is too high so they look to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. 2. Passing is too direct, potentially combined with too higher tempo. 3. Poor passing options for the defender when he's on the ball. 4. Poor individual player attributes that aren't suited to playing out from the back.

You are conceding chances from balls over the top because of a combination of the following - 1. Defensive line is too high, leaving too much space in behind. 2. Poor pressing structure whereby your team is pressing very high, very aggressively, teams play around you which leaves playmakers etc with time and space to make passes over the top. 3. Poor individual player attributes not suited to playing a high defensive line.

I would suggest you take some time to analyse your tactical setup, ensure your mentality, creative freedom, defensive line height + width and pressing setup is all working in tandem, then come back delete your post and realise it was your own fault all along. 

I was listening to what you were saying ( heard it all before btw and made the necessary tweaks, I'm not a noob in this game and i know what I'm doing) then read your last line and that invalidated all the effort you put into that post. I have no time for people like you. Go be passive aggressive to someone else.

As for the other feedback, I do appreciate it but I have heard this all before. I'm very aware of how this ME works , I try to inform myself and listen to the Bust the net channel and also how team instructions and roles behave.

The issue I have is with the "it's your tactics" crowd. Yes sometimes it is but other times it has been patiently proven wrong by the updates to the ME that SI make.

Can you see why it's hard for me to trust some of the advice (even though I have made those tweaks a million times) because a couple of months later a new patch or a new version of the game attempts to fix these issues.

Myself and many others have complained about through balls for 2/3 versions and alot of people in this forum pretended that issue didn't exist. Then hey presto , we get a whole new ME this year with updates largely centred on movement and player decision making that improved the through balls immensely.

What I'm saying Is that not everything is down to your tactics, the game has inherent flaws, some big, some not. But there seems to be a refusal to acknowledge that sometimes entire styles of play are just not viable in this engine. 

People say drop your high line (mine is actually on standard and it actually does reduce the long balls but not enough and not predictably enough) but high lines in football are very viable strategies and they work, you should be able to do them.

16 minutes ago, bcereus said:

As for the other feedback, I do appreciate it but I have heard this all before. I'm very aware of how this ME works , I try to inform myself and listen to the Bust the net channel and also how team instructions and roles behave.

The issue I have is with the "it's your tactics" crowd. Yes sometimes it is but other times it has been patiently proven wrong by the updates to the ME that SI make.

Can you see why it's hard for me to trust some of the advice (even though I have made those tweaks a million times) because a couple of months later a new patch or a new version of the game attempts to fix these issues.

Myself and many others have complained about through balls for 2/3 versions and alot of people in this forum pretended that issue didn't exist. Then hey presto , we get a whole new ME this year with updates largely centred on movement and player decision making that improved the through balls immensely.

What I'm saying Is that not everything is down to your tactics, the game has inherent flaws, some big, some not. But there seems to be a refusal to acknowledge that sometimes entire styles of play are just not viable in this engine. 

People say drop your high line (mine is actually on standard and it actually does reduce the long balls but not enough and not predictably enough) but high lines in football are very viable strategies and they work, you should be able to do them.

I concede less than a goal every 2 games, and virtually none of these come from balls over the top.

And here's the thing: balls over the top are legitimate way of scoring. And they arent just stopped by dropping the D line to standard ( I actually don't at all)

We all play the same ME, so if you are have a constant trend of conceding over the top balls that a) the opposition doesn't and b) other users don't, then you do need to look at what you're doing

I've been playing a high line since the inception of FM21, my goals against are up earlier in the thread. I don't profess to be any tactical genius. It's entirely doable.

And if you listen to bust the net, then you'd definitely know it's entirely possible to stifle balls over the top as a major threat. He's played just about every viable playstyle

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I concede less than a goal every 2 games, and virtually none of these come from balls over the top.

And here's the thing: balls over the top are legitimate way of scoring. And they arent just stopped by dropping the D line to standard ( I actually don't at all)

We all play the same ME, so if you are have a constant trend of conceding over the top balls that a) the opposition doesn't and b) other users don't, then you do need to look at what you're doing

I've been playing a high line since the inception of FM21, my goals against are up earlier in the thread. I don't profess to be any tactical genius. It's entirely doable

Not constant, I have managed to reduce it. In fact ,my tactic is largely solid. It's more galling because it feels like because I've made the tactic solid, the game is finding ways to create really silly chances for them. 

Corners, throw in, long balls over the top , my players playing long passes that are intercepted when I told them not to , team's instructions and player instructions, even steering clear of some roles so I don't risk the pass, even putting it on hold the ball instead of countering when we get possession back to reduce turnovers. I do know what I'm doing.

Like I said, I don't really want a perfect team , I'm just looking for things that are my fault rather than the match engine. I've reduced alot of goals by tweaking things but it seems to me that at the highest level with great defenders and the lowest level with bad defenders ,the common theme of unwanted long balls being intercepted and causing a turnover and long balls over the top just are things I can't reduce.

Throw in roles are ignored alot of the time (think there is a bug post about this) which leads to my team being exposed either when we have the throw in or when the other team do.

The shape from throw ins is criminal, teams have become experts in real life on how to position themselves to reduce goals from throw ins but the frequency in this game is insane. 

Management.

Its not just tactics. It’s EVERYTHING. The ME is a representation of everything that is going on at the club. Morale, fitness, happiness, dynamics, chemistry, a board takeover, and yes, in the most obviously noticeable way, for me, press conferences. 

I don’t moan about seeing my team score the same type of goals. I play for through balls to my nippy ST. I see this. A good amount. So therefore I can’t moan when I see my defence being breached by the same goal again and again. 

I went on a terrible run of 6 losses recently. Every game I lost in the final few minutes. I was on tilt. Chasing a win. Frustrating. But was it the ME screwing me over? Of course not. It was morale. It was my management. It was my continuation of storming out of press conferences. It was not adjusting my tactic to help my team through a sticky patch. The ME punished me, rightly so, and yes, by the odd ball over the top.

The ME will never be perfect, but my god it is leaps and bounds better than what we’ve had the last few years. It’s fluid, and it does a decent job of representing ALL that is going on.

3 minutes ago, bcereus said:

Not constant, I have managed to reduce it. In fact ,my tactic is largely solid. It's more galling because it feels like because I've made the tactic solid, the game is finding ways to create really silly chances for them. 

Corners, throw in, long balls over the top , my players playing long passes that are intercepted when I told them not to , team's instructions and player instructions, even steering clear of some roles so I don't risk the pass, even putting it on hold the ball instead of countering when we get possession back to reduce turnovers. I do know what I'm doing.

Like I said, I don't really want a perfect team , I'm just looking for things that are my fault rather than the match engine. I've reduced alot of goals by tweaking things but it seems to me that at the highest level with great defenders and the lowest level with bad defenders ,the common theme of unwanted long balls being intercepted and causing a turnover and long balls over the top just are things I can't reduce.

Throw in roles are ignored alot of the time (think there is a bug post about this) which leads to my team being exposed either when we have the throw in or when the other team do.

The shape from throw ins is criminal, teams have become experts in real life on how to position themselves to reduce goals from throw ins but the frequency in this game is insane. 

The game doesn't do anything. Just to clear this up as it's not true and it gets in the way of discussion.

Throw ins need work for sure, they need to be redrawn, and its probably more work than can be achieved with a winter patch in my opinion. But that's an issue that goes both ways.

High line setups are high risk, high reward though, certainly in the way a lot of people seem to implement it (Personally I'm all about the middle press using a higher line) Your team needs to be on it much more often than not, and the demands are high. Long balls over the top are the second biggest threat to a high line, the first being losing the ball cheaply in disorganised transition (looks at Chelsea under Lampard) Bayern are an example of being on it vs not quite. Last season 32 goals conceded in the league, this season 29 conceded after just 21 games, getting done by pace, poor concentration, and balls over the top.

You don't need me to tell you each style has own strengths and weaknesses. We see lots of long ball over top goals here, because everyone seems to love a high line/high press, ie very high risk.

That doesn't mean the game is flawless, it's not, certainly always things to be worked on. But the flaws exist for everyone, hence my point about trends happening to you, but not the AI or other users. 

I have absolutely no problem in stopping my CBs from trying that long pass that's always intercepted, TI Play out from the back being the easiest way. There's different reasons for why a CB plays a long ball under press or when he's got plenty of space, the latter one being easiest to avoid even with horrible players.

Same with goalkeepers playing it long even though you told them to pass it out to CBs and FBs. You probably have a SK on support or attack which makes him "Take more risks" hardcoded into the role. Switch to SK(d) if you want him to play it short.

5 hours ago, bcereus said:

I was listening to what you were saying ( heard it all before btw and made the necessary tweaks, I'm not a noob in this game and i know what I'm doing) then read your last line and that invalidated all the effort you put into that post. I have no time for people like you. Go be passive aggressive to someone else.

If you have "made the necessary tweaks", post a screenshot of your tactics on the tactics sub forum and let the FM community explain why the ME isn't at fault.   

2 minutes ago, Manutd1999 said:

Apologies if I have missed this, but has there been any word as to when we can expect the January/Winter update to be released this year?

The major one is usually due around the end of this month and the final one with the Chinese and Russian updates will be early next month, I suspect.  Keep an eye out for the announcements on the forum

9 hours ago, bcereus said:

They made through balls much easier. There was no issue to begin with. I had one save in FM20 where two of the teams that I managed scored most of their goals from through balls so not sure where is the issue that you are talking about.

And perhaps ironically through balls are the same thing that you are now complaining.

Edited by zyfon5

2 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

They made through balls much easier. There was no issue to begin with. I had one save in FM20 where two of the teams that I managed scored most of their goals from through balls so not sure where is the issue that you are talking about.

And perhaps ironically through balls are the same thing that you are now complaining.

Maybe I am derailing the thread but mate, I really wonder about the systems you've mentioned, do you mind sharing it with us because analyses of my tactics always indicate crosses as the most frequent source of goals(especially set pieces) in FM20(I still think central play is hard to find) although I just care about setting up a sensible system. This is the reason why I'm still on hold as to FM21. I'm looking forward to reading your feedbacks about the forthcoming update and your reviews in general.

Edited by frukox

7 minutes ago, frukox said:

Maybe I am derailing the thread but mate, I really wonder about the systems you've mentioned, do you mind sharing it with us because analyses of my tactics always indicate crosses as the most frequent source of goals(especially set pieces) in FM20(I still think central play is hard to find) although I just care about setting up a sensible system. This is the reason why I'm still on hold as to FM21. I'm looking forward to reading your feedbacks about the forthcoming update and your reviews in general.

It would be best if you took a detailed tactics discussion either to the tactics forum or do it by personal message in order to keep this thread on topic please.

11 часов назад, cocoadavid сказал:

I don't know how, but I think I have just found an easter egg.

what.thumb.png.6ad32c7433b6a602f8da2d7d2e356f75.png

Looks like crossover of Marvel and FM

HqrMAyJ.png.34b1ba1599910606081b8176d9eb740e.png

Edited by Novem9

19 hours ago, anagain said:

FM22 needs to think twice about forced questions like this, below. For context, Haidara was the keeper at my first club and was snapped up on a free by a top division club - we were amateur so there was nothing I could do. I wanted to keep Haidara.

I have now been snapped up myself by a top division club and the team Haidara was at were relegated. I needed a back up keeper so decided to plump for what I knew.

Now I get a question asking why I bought a player I had previously parted company with. The question needs to take in toa ccount that you may not have wanted to do what the journalist is insisting you did. In real life I would be able to say 'well, actually you are wrong' and fill in why.

I believe options are needed in FM to explain or correct a question. This question is just assuming that the journalist is right. Nor does the question take ina ccount the many, many transfers in the real world of football that are not by choice.

The question forces players of the game in to holes that they wouldn't be forced in to in real life.

The question needs to be able to have a second line with alternative answers, for example 'I didn't sell Calvin by choice last time', or even 'why do you assume I sold him because he wasn't good enough?'

All I can do with the game is take the neutral option and add comments myself. Whatever i answer with in this case is, I feel, saying 'yes, your right and I'm a fool'.

I know press conferences are not always in favour of a manager, but a manager can say whatever he wants rather than a choice of five answers.

In general press conferences can be, and I am sure are, expanded on for each and every FM. I feel we need better options.

It's the age old problem that FM suffers from in all aspects - context.  Press conferences and interaction just gets the worst of it because, in general, context is super important in any interaction.  Questions are largely treated like completely standalone events.  I know some are derived from others, but there's rarely a long chain of events.  At most it seems to be "this one thing happened, here's a question based on that".  It doesn't matter if that "one thing" was driven by four or five consecutive other things, they'll be completely discarded.  When you add to that that you can only really answer the question with five fixed options (that very rarely give you the nuance you'd want to answer them) it's not a great recipe.

Of course, this isn't something that'll be particularly easy to do.  Valid though.  I think if we could get to the point where we can put fine-grained answers to questions that aren't just canned responses, we'll be taking a huge step. But the game is still massively lacking in context across the board.

Press conferences have always been the worst part of the game for me. They completely break immersion with the ridiculous questions that get worse as the save progresses. I do them for the first half of a season then just don't bother anymore, then it always comes up in job interviews that I am known to be bad at handling the press. 

26 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It's the age old problem that FM suffers from in all aspects - context.  Press conferences and interaction just gets the worst of it because, in general, context is super important in any interaction.  Questions are largely treated like completely standalone events.  I know some are derived from others, but there's rarely a long chain of events.  At most it seems to be "this one thing happened, here's a question based on that".  It doesn't matter if that "one thing" was driven by four or five consecutive other things, they'll be completely discarded.  When you add to that that you can only really answer the question with five fixed options (that very rarely give you the nuance you'd want to answer them) it's not a great recipe.

Of course, this isn't something that'll be particularly easy to do.  Valid though.  I think if we could get to the point where we can put fine-grained answers to questions that aren't just canned responses, we'll be taking a huge step. But the game is still massively lacking in context across the board.

Taking into account context would help greatly but for the example posted by anagain and similar situations in the game they can get away with not having context by giving us more options. Having an option to say "the player wanted to leave" is simple to implement, but for some reason it's not been given as an option in that type of situation. 

To get away with not having context allow the user to pick a response that covers all/most bases instead of covering one base and only giving the user the option to choose the tone/words its said in.

Why you changed Match Ratings screen? It's unuseful. If i want to look any player profil from match ratings screen; first i must  enter the Player Ratings section right side of Formation view. Then, if i want look players from away team side, i must change home/away tab. Then i can go to profil click the player's name, which i want to look. After then if i want another player's profil, i click 'back' button, left in the player name's. then we go to Formaiton view again. Again click Player Ratings button, again change home/away tab, then click another player's name. I'm really missing old style Match Ratings screen.

Sorry about if i opened subject on wrong folder and bad English.

9 hours ago, forameuss said:

Yeah, you make some excellent points. FM isn't an RPG so building something as complex as what we'd all love tos ee is far from the priority. I just don't think it need be incredibly difficult to give a manager the option of disagreeing with a press conference question in another way.

For me, some of the negative options are not always particularly negative. I just had a press conference for a new arrival and was asked for his primary position and then whether he would always fill that position. One of the negative answers was that he could be needed elsewhere (he's a utility player, so it seems the game may take that in to account). To me negative is when I completely dismiss the question, such as when we might see managers ignore questions and ask journalists not to ask those things.

On the subject of my original post, I do feel there is ways to expand the answers for something such as  re-signing a player you've previously sold. I see no harm in having varied answers, such as disagreements with the original statement, as well as what is currently there. The system just needs to be carefully done so as not to allow the possibility of stupid answers.

Again, it is a lot of change though. It is also a lot of work. I'm pleased with the additions we have seen over the years and I'm confident one day we will see the perfect press conference.

Edited by anagain
missed a not

I've been playing FM20 and even though it seems to have some negatives (of which I'm not sure why) I have been enjoying it. Over the last month I downloaded the demo of FM21 & I'm on the fence about it.  Firstly, the match engine is much much improved and I enjoy watching the games more than ever. Running 2 saves in demo mode, Liverpool & Harrogate Town. I have read a lot of glitches regarding the stats, rating etc but I honestly don't look into things in that much detail so they don't bother me.

The key negative I have is regarding the press conferences, meetings etc..the interaction with the players, staff, media. Yes I see the changes in the press conferences, the meetings such as the environment set as if your in the room etc but its just a re package of what was previously there. All the conversations are the same and if i compare to 19 and 20 it more or less as the same wording. I get a few years in and to me, just like 19, 20 it just gets boring & repetitive. I'd like to see much more difference in the questions, replies etc..

For me the interface is much harder to move about and not as user friendly as previous. 

Yes, the user interface is different and because of this, got a lot of comments when the game was launched.  I line with I suspect may other users, I have got used to it and whilst it I still think it can be improved, I have learned to deal with it to the extent that I don't really notice it now.

Does anyone agree that the content of the press conferences and other meetings are repetitive? Think i've ended up knowing what pattern the questions appear and what to select to keep all happy. I don't really read them.

¿Por qué están programados los partidos de esta manera? Ya me ha pasado 4 veces en una sola temporada. Esto no sucede en la vida real y menos en los partidos de la misma competición. No es tan difícil de resolver, ¿verdad?

¿O tal vez es para aumentar la dificultad del juego? Si es así, busque otras maneras

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-21 123826.png

Edited by Karl Krammer (KK)

Ok, since noone replied in the specific thread:

At least in German football players get an assist if they are fouled before a penalty that leads to a goal. Also for the pass that leads to an own goal. Are there different rules for this in England or why is this not (and has never been) implemented in FM?

can anyone explain why loan fees so low in fm21? i can understand 20/21 and 21/22 seasons but no one wants to pay any fees for a loan way after covid period. in fm20 you could earn some money on a loaned players, but in this year you barely get full salary payment for a loan.