Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, maestro31 said:

My goalkeeper kicks the ball to my striker even though I've instructed him to throw it long to my full backs? Way to go SI!

2 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

Your goalkeeper is human, tactical instructions are not on/off switches. What are his teamwork and decisions attributes?

Also take into account if the opposition are in close proximity to the player you want them to distribute to. If the keeper considers it a risk, they may well go 'safety first'. Again depends partly on their attributes such as decisions etc, as rightly pointed out by Zoolok42. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Are the key passes a thing now or is that a bug? Set piece takers wracking up crazy amounts of key passes  & thus boosting their ratings because they're on corners

This was a thing before the patch as well. Key passes for all corner takers/free kick takers anyway. Probably not further compounded by every single one registering as a CCC now too.

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Also take into account if the opposition are in close proximity to the player you want them to distribute to. If the keeper considers it a risk, they may well go 'safety first'. Again depends partly on their attributes such as decisions etc, as rightly pointed out by Zoolok42. 

Well having taken the feedback, I have changed goalkeeper distribution to centre backs with short kicks and yet he still does route one passes to striker and ends up with us conceding. It's definitely a match engine issue.

On 01/03/2021 at 17:00, luka_zg said:

Is it just me or is AI too effective in punishing higher def.lines? I am losing my mind with games that I thoroughly dominate, missing chance after chance, AI keepers having phenomenal games left and right and then conceding from ball over the top. 

I punish people in draft mode when they play with higher defensive lines, it only makes sense. If you are willing to push your defenders so high up then you should be prepared to face my counters, and be prepared to lose heavily.

Speaking about the CCCs issue, why aren't they simply linked to xG now? There are recorded stats issues where stats are now linked to xG, but this should be fairly straight forward.

E.g. if the xG is ~0.25-0.3+, it's a CCC. The xG in itself largely sees to work fairly well already in the longer term. Naturally, in individual matches, anything goes as football is a fairly random sports, even in sequences (ask Pep whenever he faces Spurs). ;) 

Manchester City 2 - 2 Tottenham (August 17 2019) | EPL | 2019/2020 | xG | Understat.com

Tottenham 2 - 0 Manchester City (February 02 2020) | EPL | 2019/2020 | xG | Understat.com

Tottenham 2 - 0 Manchester City (November 21 2020) | EPL | 2020/2021 | xG | Understat.com

Edited by Svenc

Looking through my matches this season, there is one observation I've made. The number of times the opposition goalkeeper either wins or is close to man of the match is disproportionately high. They've been unbeatable at times. Anyone else seeing similar? It could just be bad luck on my part.

4 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I punish people in draft mode when they play with higher defensive lines, it only makes sense. If you are willing to push your defenders so high up then you should be prepared to face my counters, and be prepared to lose heavily.

Cool. It's just when I have a team that is miles better then the majority of the league (playing as anderlecht, had a tycoon takeover so I can invest 100mil euros in a team playing in the belgian league) it's funny we have trouble scoring and AI has no trouble, just needs to hoof a couple of balls over the top. I mean, it's not that I don't win, it's just I need 10 highlights for 1 or 2 goals while some ****** teams score from one or two highlights. But it's always been like that in this game..

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Looking through my matches this season, there is one observation I've made. The number of times the opposition goalkeeper either wins or is close to man of the match is disproportionately high. They've been unbeatable at times. Anyone else seeing similar? It could just be bad luck on my part.

Exactly this, goalkeepers are so f***** over buffed after the patch its unreal.  And all the time they get almost +7,5 rating because they literally save every shot i made at goal. Foot, head, over head, bike kick, everything. 

10 hours ago, maestro31 said:

Well having taken the feedback, I have changed goalkeeper distribution to centre backs with short kicks and yet he still does route one passes to striker and ends up with us conceding. It's definitely a match engine issue.

Did you change his role from SK to GK?

are any of these problems going to be fixed for fm21? i been reporting them multiple times since the release of fm21in November and still don't get any response or acknowledge from si games staff that these specific problems or even an answer that they are going to be reviewed

• when match plans are used is impossible to disable automatic substitutions, at one point in the match the assistant makes use of all the available substitutions even its not necessary or u don't want to make any of them.
  • swap positions, if one of the players swapping positions have individual instructions, the swap only happens in one direction and they never revert back to the original positions, swapping positions only work if you use positional instructions in both swapping players.
  • individual instruction get reverted back to positional instructions, just setup some individual instructions before the match, and at some point while the match is playing check if your players are using the individual instruction or positional, sometimes the individual instructions are gone and the player has been using positional instruction the whole time.
  • save/export highlights as video as not been working since the release of fm21
  • passing heatmap and similar tools to analyze matches and/or player performance is not working as intended and in some cases not working at all.

these problems have been reported by me and other users multiple times in the bug forums but still no response at all from si games.

11 hours ago, Rashidi said:

One thing is you, a human manager, doing this, other is the AI not doing what you are doing. That was his point.

5 hours ago, blejdek said:

Exactly this, goalkeepers are so f***** over buffed after the patch its unreal.  And all the time they get almost +7,5 rating because they literally save every shot i made at goal. Foot, head, over head, bike kick, everything. 

The only change to keepers was distribution

@Neil Brock Could this be answered please? The ME team not replying in order to spend more time developing the ME is one thing, and understandable, but .PKM files not even being downloaded?? I can go into almost any Match Engine bugs thread from the past 3+ months and find .PKM files that have no downloads.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

@Neil Brock Could this be answered please? The ME team not replying in order to spend more time developing the ME is one thing, and understandable, but .PKM files not even being downloaded?? I can go into almost any Match Engine bugs thread from the past 3+ months and find .PKM files that have no downloads.

I've replied to give a bit of clarity on why this is the case. Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

VAR. It's always offside when they check. Also the text commentary spoils the result before the UI box reveals the result. Why even implement it as lazy as this.

At least penalties are occasionally not awarded in FM21, maybe they will move onto offsides in FM22

thank you devs for this amazing game but it does have issues.

I think issues with the large amount of  bugs, and the terrible A.I managers and their management for short term and long term saves are because of this game being unnecessaly complex for example having sliders for passing  should just be 3 options... Short, mixed and Long instead of sliders.

In real life managers don't show their players a slider on how they should pass during the match so i think having 3 options won't be the end of the world

People may disagree with me but oh well i believe no game is perfect and things can be improved

The complexity of this game may be fun for some... But i want a challenge and this game is too complex for A.I in long term games and i see too many stupid decisions from A.I managers

Edited by kingking

8 hours ago, LucasBR said:

One thing is you, a human manager, doing this, other is the AI not doing what you are doing. That was his point.

Even the AI gets punished, I don't understand your point. The AI uses the same match engine humans do. So whatever the AI can do, the human manager can do. Just because some of you can't just points to the fact that you don't know how to.

В 28.02.2021 в 12:58, frank_olaf сказал:

Since the update to 21.3 the game seems to be working my computer harder. The fan is used more often and is louder as well. This occurs both during a match and outside of a match as well.

the same for me, temperature is fine, but fan speed higher

11 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Even the AI gets punished, I don't understand your point. The AI uses the same match engine humans do. So whatever the AI can do, the human manager can do. Just because some of you can't just points to the fact that you don't know how to.

I don't think so, as he stated, the AI is being very, very passive. You, as a human manager, can indetify easily what's going on, what kind of strategy others are using and counter that using different approches and strategies, on the other hand when playing against the CPU that doesn't happen very often.

On 03/03/2021 at 10:32, SCCP1910 said:

Did you change his role from SK to GK?

Yep I changed the role, even changed it to distribute to centre backs via short kicks instead of throwing to full backs yet my instructions seem to get ignored.

I'd say this version is about 7.5 out of 10 for me personally. 

I really like the match engine. I feel like it has taken a step forward in this iteration.

Unfortunately, I don't feel like there's much else other than match engine improvement. The press conferences and player interactions are just a reskin imo. For something that was hyped it's really underwhelming. I should be able to go back and forth with a player more than once or twice in an attempt to keep him at my club. The interactions really haven't changed. 

I really hope that 2022 will keep this match engine and seriously improve interactions. Players really should be able to demand a transfer, instead of becoming happy again after 2 or 3 months of not leaving. And international management just HAS to get an overhaul. 

My 2 cents.

It becomes obvious to me that FM21 also has the injury time trolling mode enabled when you as a player have the lead.

Every time i lose it has around 3 min injury time and no excess injury time after that so the game will end when the displayed injury time is reached.

Every time i have the lead it is 4 or 5 or 6 minutes injury time plus excess injuy time around 1 or 2 minutes.

Why is that if you SI are not trolling your players? :D

PS: Worst offender is a game in FM20 where i had a regular league game ending at 99:50 minutes hugely exceeding the displayed injury time by almost the factor of 2.

33 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

It becomes obvious to me that FM21 also has the injury time trolling mode enabled when you as a player have the lead.

Every time i lose it has around 3 min injury time and no excess injury time after that so the game will end when the displayed injury time is reached.

Every time i have the lead it is 4 or 5 or 6 minutes injury time plus excess injuy time around 1 or 2 minutes.

Why is that if you SI are not trolling your players? :D

PS: Worst offender is a game in FM20 where i had a regular league game ending at 99:50 minutes hugely exceeding the displayed injury time by almost the factor of 2.

Jup, I mentioned the same thing few pages ago. It happens always exactly as you said it.

And for the love of god, I was following this thing for 10+ matches and it was exactly as I thought it will be. Pace + acceleration is so ****in over powered its just insane. Just buy someone with 16+ on pace and acceleration and enjoy winning. The other attributes doesnt even matter in those cases. I am playing in PL and as soon AI gets wingers and attacker on 16+ its game over for you. Literally **** stats on other attributes (like around 10 and less!!!!) like passing, crossing, concentration, technique, first touch etc. and you are a goner. At least sigames make it fair and stop ****** over powering on such stupid things. I get it, happens in real life here and there, but in fm its just a ********.

6 minutes ago, blejdek said:

Jup, I mentioned the same thing few pages ago. It happens always exactly as you said it.

And for the love of god, I was following this thing for 10+ matches and it was exactly as I thought it will be. Pace + acceleration is so ****in over powered its just insane. Just buy someone with 16+ on pace and acceleration and enjoy winning. The other attributes doesnt even matter in those cases. I am playing in PL and as soon AI gets wingers and attacker on 16+ its game over for you. Literally **** stats on other attributes (like around 10 and less!!!!) like passing, crossing, concentration, technique, first touch etc. and you are a goner. At least sigames make it fair and stop ****** over powering on such stupid things. I get it, happens in real life here and there, but in fm its just a ********.

You’ve got fast players too though right?

All this talk about super keepers I think is having a placebo effect on my save :D

Anyone seen a higher rating for a keeper? And they almost equalized but they missed a clear one on one.

image.png.e69f683329503efdcc31bf7c466fb612.png

Anyone else seeing this really stupid devaluations happening? I get the Prem overvalues players, but this is ridiculous. These guys (Ajer and Karbo and a couple others) are key contributors to my overachieving Brighton side and their value is absolutely tanking. Including Ajer screenshots, but he's not alone and It's not like they have expiring contracts, Ajer is good till 2025, Karbo is good till 2027.

This makes it a PITA to fight off bids as you get super lowballed and then they might get annoyed. I'm guessing having sub 7.00 ratings are doing this to them? Since they are playing important roles, but ones that don't get them key passes?

April 2023

image.thumb.png.81b5cb6a5f9b2c69897cdaac7bb51aa6.png

image.thumb.png.ad0635650b864c26a4667d074c33af12.png

Jan 2023

image.thumb.png.7d076aa7861e9d1f1a15a6096d25fe07.png

image.thumb.png.dc3da2d5f90270ce3a34d2e24622c66b.png

July 2022

image.thumb.png.b51a400c0d135ed0141ef71d4db28358.png

image.thumb.png.ac3255f8aec0d9513dd692f6ac372a31.png

6 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Anyone else seeing this really stupid devaluations happening? I get the Prem overvalues players, but this is ridiculous. These guys (Ajer and Karbo and a couple others) are key contributors to my overachieving Brighton side and their value is absolutely tanking. Including Ajer screenshots, but he's not alone and It's not like they have expiring contracts, Ajer is good till 2025, Karbo is good till 2027.

This makes it a PITA to fight off bids as you get super lowballed and then they might get annoyed. I'm guessing having sub 7.00 ratings are doing this to them? Since they are playing important roles, but ones that don't get them key passes?

April 2023

image.thumb.png.81b5cb6a5f9b2c69897cdaac7bb51aa6.png

image.thumb.png.ad0635650b864c26a4667d074c33af12.png

Jan 2023

image.thumb.png.7d076aa7861e9d1f1a15a6096d25fe07.png

image.thumb.png.dc3da2d5f90270ce3a34d2e24622c66b.png

July 2022

image.thumb.png.b51a400c0d135ed0141ef71d4db28358.png

image.thumb.png.ac3255f8aec0d9513dd692f6ac372a31.png

Yeah that doesn't look normal.

On 01/03/2021 at 16:46, kingking said:

why do no A.I manager use inverted fullbacks?

Lack of creativity from A.I managers is annoying

I totally agree, I would love if the Ai used a lot more variant in their tactics and decision making and better with their squad rotation and just overall better

Edited by jckc221013jamie

If there's something a little bit frustrating for me in this edition, is offering contracts to new signings. I find there's very little space to deal, even if my offer is close to the request. It turns orange immediatly and once I reach that point, I have no choice but to accept all their conditions. It's too much "black or white".

I made an offer for F. De Jong that was accepted, the reports suggested to offer a contract around 12M-17M, I offered 12,65M, the reply turned orange immediatly asking for 16M, accepted everything but lowered the wage to 15,6M. Rejected.

Bah!

And yeah, England won the WC 2020. Is coming home guys! :lol:

I fired up Fm 21 since last update today and my user -data location got defaulted and no matter what i do i can't change it

My Launch option is same as the Location i gave here.  Its empty in location path so i choose my folder here and set the location and quit the game as told in user - data location changes guide

20210306114213_1.thumb.jpg.d6809bf36828a98e61ac110459791144.jpg

After the Reboot as you can see the Folder location gives Empty as it was before. 

20210306113234_1.thumb.jpg.d5e37893eed086a6dacd629191492257.jpg

Now hot to fix it can any one help me?

Edited by ferrarinseb

46 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

I fired up Fm 21 since last update today and my user -data location got defaulted and no matter what i do i can't change it

My Launch option is same as the Location i gave here.  Its empty in location path so i choose my folder here and set the location and quit the game as told in user - data location changes guide

20210306114213_1.thumb.jpg.d6809bf36828a98e61ac110459791144.jpg

After the Reboot as you can see the Folder location gives Empty as it was before. 

20210306113234_1.thumb.jpg.d5e37893eed086a6dacd629191492257.jpg

Now hot to fix it can any one help me?

Clear the cache and preferences folders and try again.

50 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Clear the cache and preferences folders and try again.

Tried it , It didn't worked. 

What worked is removing the Launch option completely. I left it empty and then the in game prefereneces recognized the Location. 

I don't know why it was altered in first place though. 

23 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Tried it , It didn't worked. 

What worked is removing the Launch option completely. I left it empty and then the in game prefereneces recognized the Location. 

I don't know why it was altered in first place though. 

Ok- thanks for letting us know

When I have attacking corners, I like to leave two players on the edge of the box to try and pick up any headers out and stop breakaways.  The trouble is you can only put them next to each other at the nearer side to where the corner is taken from, not one either side like I'd prefer.  When the oppo leave one in the middle of the 'D', 90% of the time headers out drop straight to him and he runs off with it anyway.  Is there any way of changing it or is leaving two next to each other pointless?

The issue with the number of tactical exploits, cheats and advantages the human have over the A.I is because of how unnecessarily complex this game is. And the fact A.I is expected to challenge humans without any advantages or less responsibility over 20+ year seasons.  There needs to be less CLUTTER and complexity in tactics, squad management etc and the A.I should be given more advantages.

I think we need to  

• reduce the number of tactical options as there is too many clutter and options. for example you don't need sliders or "pass into space".
  • reduce the amount of responsibility or give advantages t o A.I to help  maintain their squad quality over 50 years because they are not smart enough.

For Example I notice the A.I is soo behind in terms of tactical intelligence compared to the Human because of the complexity and number of options the tactical system have.

• Why do we have sliders instead of simple drop down options ? keep it simple to  "short passing, medium passing or direct passing"
  • Why have 7 MATCH MENTAILITIES? and 10 TACTICAL STYLES? Keep it simple to possession, counter attacking, and balanced. 
  • Why do  we need an unnecessary options for example  "pass into space". Pass into space is a type of pass, why can't high direct passing directness  automatically include "pass into space" instead of "pass into space" being a separate option
  • Why do we rely on A.I to be as good as humans when managing and improving their squad when they are not smart enough.. let them have some advantages or less responsibility. 

Also this game is not a good simulation because It assumes United play vertical tiki taka (short passing and tempo) despite them playing counter attacking footballl in real life.. there is to many flaws.

Edited by kingking

The player swapping positions function needs some serious work. I have my wingers set to swap positions during the game and the moments at which they decide to swap are ridiculous. My left winger is in the middle of pressing the right back who is on the ball, before completely abandoning that to swap position, leaving the right back with 30 yards of space to run in to. Other examples include deciding to swap in the middle of a quick counter attack, leaving a pass to go out for a throw-in and swapping when the opposing AMC has the ball on the edge of our box and is looking to find a pass out wide. 

34 minutes ago, kingking said:

The issue with the number of tactical exploits, cheats and advantages the human have over the A.I is because of how unnecessarily complex this game is. And the fact A.I is expected to challenge humans without any advantages or less responsibility over 20+ year seasons.  There needs to be less CLUTTER and complexity in tactics etc and A.I should be given more advantages.

I think we need to  

• reduce the number of tactical options as there is too many clutter and options. for example you don't need sliders or "pass into space".
  • reduce the amount of responsibility A.I has to maintain their squad quality over 50 years because they are not smart enough.

For Example I notice the A.I is soo behind in terms of tactical intelligence compared to the Human because of the complexity and number of options the tactical system have.

• Why do we have sliders instead of simple drop down options ? why can't we have "short passing, medium passing or direct passing" instead of a slider for passing directness.
  • Why do  we need an option for "pass into space" when it relates to passing directness. direct passing directness should automatically include "pass into space"
  • Why do we rely on A.I tto be as good as humans when managing and improving their squad when they are not smart enough.. let them have some advantages or less responsibility 

Also this game is not a simulation because It assumes United play vertical tiki taka (short passing and tempo) despite them playing counter attacking footballl in real life.. there is to many flaws.

Direct passes & Passing into pass aren't the same thing. When players pass direct, they actually aim for teammates, they're not hoofing the ball into space, big difference   

I don't understand the problem with the sliders  over drop downs, sliders are a better visual & it's not as simple as short, medium direct, it's shorter, standard or more direct. The team mentality sets the base passing length & you go shorter or more direct from there.

Can agree the AI is a bit dumb & make some odd decisions but football's a complex game & a game can only simulate so much 

Agree on the scout/  analyst stuff too, every defensive team apparently playing Cattenaccio is a bit daft 

3 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

The player swapping positions function needs some serious work. I have my wingers set to swap positions during the game and the moments at which they decide to swap are ridiculous. My left winger is in the middle of pressing the right back who is on the ball, before completely abandoning that to swap position, leaving the right back with 30 yards of space to run in to. Other examples include deciding to swap in the middle of a quick counter attack, leaving a pass to go out for a throw-in and swapping when the opposing AMC has the ball on the edge of our box and is looking to find a pass out wide. 

To add to this, I just had a game where I had a player at MR with the instruction of swapping with ML. I made a tactical tweak, moving a DM to AMC, the MR became the AMC and I subbed on a winger for the original DM to play MR. I removed the swap position instruction completely, so no players had it selected, and then my AMC and MR were swapping position constantly. The whole instruction is broken. 

3 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Where is the player swapping positions function? I csnt find it

1 minute ago, francis#17 said:

Where is the player swapping positions function? I csnt find it

Under the "Player" tab next to set pieces (It should be in the player instructions bit but that would be too easy and it don't work so it has to be hidden)