Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is best ME no doubt, but I want to see lower barrier for realistic tactics. In other hand, when my tactic is balanced, my team almost unstoppable.
I just can imagine how difficult to create a simulation of football by coding, but I believe in SI ;) 

Whilst I appreciate there have been a lot of bugs on SI's end in regards to newgen intakes, I'm really disappointed with the player count in regards to retiring players this year.

To decrease the player count it was mentioned that for the first few seasons of the game a large amount of players who are unattached are forced to be retired to contain the numbers.  When starting the game in England I quite often find quite a few players who haven't had a club since 2015/16 without a club, Not normally an issue to me.

However, when after the first season, a huge huge amount of players released in the first season are forced to retire the following march after just 7/8 months without a team? Really dissapointing. Would it not be better to retire the longer inactive players before set=up, rather than retiring recent players who simply may be injured or have had clubs interested in them but can't afford them yet?

I have quite a few players on my shortlist who were released at the end of the first season. They'd be great for me in my third season, however, in my second season I simply can't afford the wages without being promoted/them not being interested until I am. However, when March comes most of them have retired.

Look at this broken rating system. Kulusevski had 14 goals and 8 assist on a side who won the league. AND he is one of the best wonderkids in the game. 
Because of the broken rating system, his value declined to below 12M Euro and every team in Europe now wants to buy him, which again unsettles him.
This game is unplayable! Please do something @Neil Brock

Dejan Kulusevski_ Profile.png

1 ora fa, ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

Look at this broken rating system. Kulusevski had 14 goals and 8 assist on a side who won the league. AND he is one of the best wonderkids in the game. 
Because of the broken rating system, his value declined to below 12M Euro and every team in Europe now wants to buy him, which again unsettles him.
This game is unplayable! Please do something @Neil Brock

Dejan Kulusevski_ Profile.png

I have sold Kulusevski at PSG during the season 2 at the price of 74M€.

Cattura.thumb.JPG.15c5e09afa93c740a725cedeb2aea94a.JPG

Cattura2.JPG

5 minuti fa, ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

What average rating are you able to get your IF or IW to have?

I don't play IFs or IWs with my tactic.

But PSG probably does. You can look at his rating from there. Have you ever considered you're playing him a role that doesn't suit him perfectly considering his attributes?

Cattura3.thumb.JPG.a6e3b7c1f59c5a2fd50126047fce3c95.JPG

8 minutes ago, Federico said:

I don't play IFs or IWs with my tactic.

But PSG probably does. You can look at his rating from there. Have you ever considered you're playing him a role that doesn't suit him perfectly considering his attributes?

Cattura3.thumb.JPG.a6e3b7c1f59c5a2fd50126047fce3c95.JPG

Nope because it’s low ratings for all IF, IWs. But when they play IF/IW for clubs in non loaded leagues, suddenly they can get high ratings again. IF and IWs in general get extremely low ratings in the leagues you are playing. 

9 minuti fa, ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

Nope because it’s low ratings for all IF, IWs. But when they play IF/IW for clubs in non loaded leagues, suddenly they can get high ratings again. IF and IWs in general get extremely low ratings in the leagues you are playing. 

He's playing as IF at Napoli, and his avg rating is 7.39, everything but extremely low it seems.

Cattura4.thumb.JPG.e9974ca3cd8c12b4d24f38ebd53b325d.JPG

Even this guy doesn't look bad.

Cattura5.JPG

7 hours ago, Federico said:

He's playing as IF at Napoli, and his avg rating is 7.39, everything but extremely low it seems.

Cattura4.thumb.JPG.e9974ca3cd8c12b4d24f38ebd53b325d.JPG

Even this guy doesn't look bad.

Cattura5.JPG

I dare anyone. Show me with any team YOU are managing that you can get your IF or IW in a 4231 or 433 system to be your best rated player in a season. Even top 3 is close to impossible. 

10 ore fa, ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

IF and IWs in general get extremely low ratings in the leagues you are playing. 

2 ore fa, ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

I dare anyone. Show me with any team YOU are managing that you can get your IF or IW in a 4231 or 433 system to be your best rated player in a season. Even top 3 is close to impossible. 

Ah sorry, but you said something different in your previous post. So if I understood correctly, you're complaining for YOUR IFs to not getting high ratings, while the IFs managed by the AI are.

That's a very ambiguous statement but let's wait for someone else playing with that system to have a word. Even if I don't understand what makes you think that an IF or an IW is expected to be the best player in the league.

I think the point he is making is that even with significant goal contributions (e.g. assists and goals) many players are suffering low ratings over a season. Central midfielders are getting a particularly rough time. 

16 minuti fa, rdbayly ha scritto:

I think the point he is making is that even with significant goal contributions (e.g. assists and goals) many players are suffering low ratings over a season. Central midfielders are getting a particularly rough time. 

Ahhh ok ok now I get it, it wasn't this clear for me :thup:

So it's IFs, IWs and CM being affected by this, correct?

8 minuti fa, jose_1983_sitges ha scritto:

Then you don't recommend starting a new game until the bugs are fixed? Thanks.

It´s a disaster, it´s incredible. 

Waiting 21.4...:idiot:

To be honest I'm into my 4th season and I'm enjoying the game as I never did in the last 3 editions.

8 hours ago, Federico said:

Ah sorry, but you said something different in your previous post. So if I understood correctly, you're complaining for YOUR IFs to not getting high ratings, while the IFs managed by the AI are.

That's a very ambiguous statement but let's wait for someone else playing with that system to have a word. Even if I don't understand what makes you think that an IF or an IW is expected to be the best player in the league.

The problem is in CPU controlled leagues and teams, the ratings are much better. As you posted with Kulusevski at PSG. 

Some of the moves made by the AI during the transfer window doesn't make sense at all.

I'm managing Roma and after returning from his loan at PSG Florenzi had a clause in his contract that if PSG offered 9.5M euros I was obliged to sell him, they offered 8.5M. If they were really interested in buying the player why not offer what was on the contract? Especially for a tremendous rich club as PSG.

25 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Some of the moves made by the AI during the transfer window doesn't make sense at all.

I'm managing Roma and after returning from his loan at PSG Florenzi had a clause in his contract that if PSG offered 9.5M euros I was obliged to sell him, they offered 8.5M. If they were really interested in buying the player why not offer what was on the contract? Especially for a tremendous rich club as PSG.

Because they're trying to be cheap. No need to spend an extra million if you don't have to, regardless of how wealthy a club you are.

10 minutes ago, nikiforenko010 said:

When we can expect complete winter transfer update?

There's no specific date, but as the pinned thread says - it'll be within a few weeks of the 21.3 winter update.

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

I mean we (Roma) did the exact same thing with Smalling (though not sure if we had a clause to activate). ManRed had a price and wanted to sell, Smalling wanted to come, Roma wanted to buy... but we started lowballing them for 1.5 months to lower the price with 1-2M. Absolutely realistic scenario 😁

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Because they're trying to be cheap. No need to spend an extra million if you don't have to, regardless of how wealthy a club you are.

Okay, but if you really want that player and you are rich it doesn't make sense to not expend what was accorded.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

There's no specific date, but as the pinned thread says - it'll be within a few weeks of the 21.3 winter update.

Today marks 3 weeks since the release of the 21.3 winter update.

Those 'few' are at risk of turning into 'many' weeks.

5 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Today marks 3 weeks since the release of the 21.3 winter update.

Those 'few' are at risk of turning into 'many' weeks.

Right, so you're advocating putting a specific time on it then?  Do you think they're just sitting on it for a laugh?  If it seems like it's taking longer, than it's likely because something has come up, and it's not ready yet.  Do you really want them to release something incomplete just so they can release something?

9 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Right, so you're advocating putting a specific time on it then?  Do you think they're just sitting on it for a laugh?  If it seems like it's taking longer, than it's likely because something has come up, and it's not ready yet.  Do you really want them to release something incomplete just so they can release something?

No, of course not.

However, why don't SI give us something to keep the community updated? Why not say they're working on ME fixes? Why not say they're having some issues to iron-out and nothing will be released in the next few days etc?

9 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

No, of course not.

However, why don't SI give us something to keep the community updated? Why not say they're working on ME fixes? Why not say they're having some issues to iron-out and nothing will be released in the next few days etc?

Because they shouldn't have to.  Anything in great detail will likely never happen and would be above most people's heads anyway, and anything in low detail would just be platitudes.  Things are fluid in development, and giving any indication as to the things you're mentioning would be opening themselves up for a fall later on.  It just isn't worth it.

They're working on it.  They'll release it when they think it's ready. What else could they say that would make any difference?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

No, of course not.

Unfortunately we're not in a position to pre-announce release dates of when updates will come up. With the game now being available across a large number of platforms, all with different submissions and clearance times, it's more difficult than ever before for us to be able to do so.

The next update is primarily in relation to the February transfer window closure, but there will be a handful of other fixes which have been raised within the community. 

In relation to the match engine there won't be any major changes, as the match team said with the previous update: 

That doesn't mean we're ignoring any match AI bugs/feedback though, it's just that the changes required for us to improve certain aspects of the ME are very risky to be making for a final update (especially when we feel the current ME is very enjoyable). Similar to our central play improvements this year, that wasn't really possible to implement and balance for an update in the previous version and needed more time to do properly. We'll be keeping in mind any feedback for any future work we do.

Thanks. 

38 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Unfortunately we're not in a position to pre-announce release dates of when updates will come up. With the game now being available across a large number of platforms, all with different submissions and clearance times, it's more difficult than ever before for us to be able to do so.

The next update is primarily in relation to the February transfer window closure, but there will be a handful of other fixes which have been raised within the community. 

In relation to the match engine there won't be any major changes, as the match team said with the previous update: 

Thanks. 

Are you able to say if those  handful of fixes (so that doesn't include the transfers) will  be save game compatible?

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

If there's going to be fixes & ME updates, SI can take as long with it as they like as far as I'm concerned 

Good way of looking at it, makes sense to have one list of what is going to be changed for the final update rather than do some in one patch and have the goalposts moved inbetween if people spot new things.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Are you able to say if those  handful of fixes (so that doesn't include the transfers) will  be save game compatible?

Everything almost always is, the only exceptions in any update are related to competition rules/scheduling etc, which requires a new save. Likewise all database updates require a new save. 

2 hours ago, jarradccfc said:

Im hoping the final update gets released sometime tonight. Its so late this year and a lot of us are waiting for the final update to start new saves.

Same here waiting for it to be released. 

22 minutes ago, Tilling said:

Are there any planned changes for the Scottish Premier League, such as CA changes for Rangers as a result of their title win? Just asking to see whether I should start a save with Hearts now or simply wait.

That'll be a no unless it's to fix a specific error (e.g. a typo'd attribute rating). The next data review will be for FM22.