Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

Just now, keysea said:

Hi,

1) It is perfectly normal that you won't get a big prize money for winning the league as the italian SERIE A is not one very rewarding in this regard... Better count on European football cash prize ...

2) I believe it will all depend on the type of the Sugar DADDY, only a foreground (?) one should give you plenty of money ... all other types will just invest in infrastructures or help for a growth in reputation, but in a very limited time extend ...They also can wipe off bad debts but barely more than that ... And those are the most common sugar daddy types ...

Hope it can help you.

cheers

Thanks for the answer, but I chose the foreground one as I wanted to see how this works. I have not seen any extra money. In fact I have not seen any effect from this.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, lpcinder said:

Hi all

I have two questions:

I decided to play with Sampdoria, so I had a challenge with this aging squad. On top of that they have no money to spend so I to start buy loaning players. I am now in my third season and won the league and cup in the third season. 

1) Is it normal Italian teams get such low financial reward for winning the league? I got something like 3.5 million euros or something like that. 

2) I saved my game in two versions: one with normal budget, being close to nothing and one with a sugar daddy. When does a sugar daddy start showing an effect. I have had zero results from this, in fact, the board are rejecting all demands for extra budget.

Would be great if someone could answer this.

Prize money for Seria A has been the case for many years I believe but don't really think that they get so little for winning the league tbh. 

1 minute ago, lpcinder said:

Thanks for the answer, but I chose the foreground one as I wanted to see how this works. I have not seen any extra money. In fact I have not seen any effect from this.

I should verify what exactly foreground chairmen do for the club ... In my opinion only TYCOON will get you plenty of money ... But a foreground one should also be valuable, for the infrastructures evolution for the less ... strange yours won't happen to act or respond your askings....

1 minute ago, CM said:

Prize money for Seria A has been the case for many years I believe but don't really think that they get so little for winning the league tbh. 

I was very surprised to see this financial reward. I actually received more for the cup win, something like 4.5 million euros, than for the league. 

Just now, lpcinder said:

I was very surprised to see this financial reward. I actually received more for the cup win, something like 4.5 million euros, than for the league. 

I mean because of this and poor squad management and results Juventus was struggling in my FM 20 Atalanta save, no way with this money they could compete with EPL. 

Just now, CM said:

I mean because of this and poor squad management and results Juventus was struggling in my FM 20 Atalanta save, no way with this money they could compete with EPL. 

True that, players in the premier league are also heavily overpriced in this years version. I have been playing with loaned players for three seasons now, and I still cannot compete with low PL teams. Thank god Inter stay willing to loan Esposito to me. :D.

5 minutes ago, CM said:

As a fan of the italian SERIE A i can tell you that  juve gained only 3.8 millions for its first place and scudetto. Then will the TV rights and join the game and the system is quite complicated in my opinion ... But SERIE A doesn't pay lol

Can someone link me to the Players/AI reduction-bug? I can't find it. :(  I want to know more about it. Currently my save is on hold. I tend to have long-term saves / loyal to one club. ]

edit: Finally found it. Somewhere deep

Edited by RinusFM

15 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Seeing the same & it's driving me nuts

At first I blamed mentality, but right now I'm experimenting with a Cautious mentality, then I thought about the role so changed him to just a standard keeper & right now I've told him to kick it short & distribute to the backline which is something I've never had to do before 

If that doesn't work I'll log it because I'm deliberately playing with a possession tactic & him hoofing it long isn't helping 

How did this go? My GK is doing the same.

1 minute ago, Sharkn20 said:

I just read in a group in Facebook, that you need to start a new save for the changes in the ME from the Beta to the full version change.

Is that accurate? Or is it another Facebook troll doing troll things?

Nah, ME chances happen without a new save. Only data changes & things need a new save 

1 minute ago, Sharkn20 said:

I just read in a group in Facebook, that you need to start a new save for the changes in the ME from the Beta to the full version change.

Is that accurate? Or is it another Facebook troll doing troll things?

This is untrue, only some minor data updates will be missing.

22 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

TLDR; After 50 over hours of playing, i can say FM is very polished. The ME plays out well and a good foundation to be improved upon. One of the first FM that is worth buying from the start without needing to wait for the patches. 7/10 for me. minus marks because of bad UI.

ok. For my feedback I'm only going to focus on the UI. The UI is simply put, an unmitigated disaster as far as I'm concern. There's so much of unutilized space in so many important screens. It's counterintuitive in so many areas.

The Press Conference UI is just a horrible screen to navigate. I'm not a fan of the 'Gestures' feature - reasons i won't elaborate here- but it could have been bearable if not for the disastrous UI. A whole lot of empty space and it's like split into 2 halves - and they are so far apart. The eyes have to constantly roam up the screen for the questions and look down for the answers that we are to input. The background of the screen doesn't help, as the image of a press room makes the screen look even more busier. making it harder for the eyes to focus. It's such a mess that i've just delegated it to my asst manager. 

The Match day UI is just as bad or even worse. Good luck to those playing in higher resolutions with bigger monitor.
Pre-Post Match team talk - I don't know who thought that making it 'look realistic' by putting the player names all over the screen is a good idea. SI have to remember that this is a game and that information needs to be presented to the players in a fashion that does not hurt the eyes. In real life, we move our head to face the audience when speaking. We don't speak by keeping our heads locked infront and rolling our eyes to the sides or top. SI needs to remember that when users are using their PC, our heads have very little movement. Important information must be presented in the central zone so that we can grasp it. There are lab studies and research online on screen center bias which I can provide if requested. Right now, we are forced to look all over the screen causing unnecessary strain to our vision. 

Match information:

Important information are buried so deep that some information where i can easily find in FM20, I've no idea where to look for them in FM21. In FM20 when i click on a match, I'm presented with a screen where i can immediately see both team's formation & player and match stats. Now i must click at least 2 times more to get the same level of information. Why?! There's so much more clicking just to get information that should be readily visible to players. Why bury them behind more clicks? Just look through the forum and you can see that even experienced FM-ers are asking where to find even basic information. 

I don't know whose brainchild this UI/UX belongs to, and i doubt it will be changed for FM21. This is not a case of getting used to. It's not possible to 'get used' to it, as it's a very painful experience. To compound the bad UI, there's a trove of information hidden behind SO MUCH OF CLICKING. You click and click and click. Even the Columns & resizing have not been fixed for years.

SI needs to tear down and rebuilt the entire UI experience of the players. Never did i imagine that we will have a very promising ME but end up with such a disastrous UI.

Your opinion of course but its not up to you to say tear it down and start again . The UI is fine in  my opinion and its very popular . While appreciating feedback its becoming like a broken record for some people who dont like change . Best game since FM17 in my opinion and could be the best so far . After a few patches and getting use to the format this game will go down as one of the better games in the series .  

Edited by alian62

• SI Staff
On 28/11/2020 at 10:20, SebastianRO said:

@bcereus @johnhughthom @jeru @Mr Tonio

So, I decided to post some screenshots with regards to what people are claiming about nerfing central play. I personally don't think there is a magical button to nerf central play, but whatever has happened it affected players (even the super creative ones) and they are much more inclined to pass the ball to the easiest target. Now, I am playing a 4-4-2 narrow, so naturally I will have the midfield congested. Yes, the ball will be played out wide in order to keep posession / penetrate, but a significant ammount of key passes should be happening through the middle. This was the case before the full release. I haven't changed a thing (tactically) since the full release, just because I wanted to compare apples for apples. The screenshots you are about to see are for my team's key passes. I know this doesn't tell the "full story", but is a good indication of how my team tries to penetrate the opponent's team. I don't need screenshots / number or other people (no matter who they are) to tell me what I am seeing, but since you are not watching my games, here it is:

This is an album with screenshots for the BETA Matches:

https://imgur.com/a/7bSaefY

This is an album with screenshots for the Full Release:

https://imgur.com/a/LnIVWZ8

And here it is a screenshot of my tactic that I have been using for a few seasons. It's pretty basic and I use only a few individual instructions, mostly related to closing down opposition.

Have a look at where the arrow is poining in my screenshot above. I don't have any players that have "shoot from distance" option. That combined with Work Ball into Box team instruction and great decision makers up front / all across the midfield really.

To conclude this post: I am not a computer programmer, so I have no clue what exactly was changed and I am not making my life's mission to speculate. What I do care about is the fact that I am starting to see that dreaded FM20 passing out wide / always going for the easiest option / lack of "balls" from my playmakers in situations I cannot put in numbers, etc. Before beta, my playmakers, especially the advanced one, would try all sorts of passes for the AF. He wouldn't always find him, obviously, but at least he would try enough to make me feel like he is taking his role seriously. After the full release ... not so much. It's not as bad as FM20 was, but now I am only seeing glimpses of what I have seen in the BETA and the norm has become almost what FM20 was. Again, I don't know what changed, knowingly or unknowingly and this is what I am not acusing anyone of doing anything malicious. All I am saying is that I think it's worth a look under the hood and maybe take the feedback on board. Or not ...

P.S

No, I am not upset about not winning / not scoring, since I do win and score accoring to my epectations. Won the league for the past 2 seasons ( I am in 2024/2025 season ) and managed to get as far as the semi-finals in UCL which is what I expected anyway. This post is about the "journey" , not the "destination" if you get what I mean.

Hey, reviewed the examples and it's very possible here that the issue you're having is tactical (I know that's a bit of a meme here, but hear me out!):

In real life (and in FM) a narrow diamond formation is better as a counter-attacking formation than a possession-focused one. Against teams that sit back and pack the middle of the pitch you're going to struggle to create chances when you're focusing so heavily through the middle and telling your team to play with lower tempo and passing directness. You have very little natural width, only having the left wing back who looks to attack wide areas. This means your patterns of play are very predictable and overly-focused on central areas. I understand that you're trying to score goals centrally, but if you have no wide threats then the opposition have no reason to move from the central positions they're camped in. Look at top sides in real life like Man City, who are constantly switching play out wide in order to create more space in the middle. Liverpool use this to their advantage, forcing teams to defend narrowly then using their incredibly talented wingbacks to exploit the wide areas.

Without seeing specific PKMs it's hard to know for sure, but I'm going to guess that you started the save really well with this system which has caused your 'rep' and 'fear factor' to increase and teams to be cautious and play more defensively against you. The system you're using is not well-equipped to break down low blocks so your chances have started to dry up. Someone else mentioned it earlier but please do post in the tactics forum since there's so many helpful people there. 

Two managers that make good use of a 442 diamond are Pochettino and Emery. They both utilised this formation with Spurs and Arsenal respectively, but only for games against big teams where they wanted to counter with high-tempo and directness. Against teams that are expected to sit back, they used a different system entirely since they require different tools for the job.

2 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey, reviewed the examples and it's very possible here that the issue you're having is tactical (I know that's a bit of a meme here, but hear me out!):

In real life (and in FM) a narrow diamond formation is better as a counter-attacking formation than a possession-focused one. Against teams that sit back and pack the middle of the pitch you're going to struggle to create chances when you're focusing so heavily through the middle and telling your team to play with lower tempo and passing directness. You have very little natural width, only having the left wing back who looks to attack wide areas. This means your patterns of play are very predictable and overly-focused on central areas. I understand that you're trying to score goals centrally, but if you have no wide threats then the opposition have no reason to move from the central positions they're camped in. Look at top sides in real life like Man City, who are constantly switching play out wide in order to create more space in the middle. Liverpool use this to their advantage, forcing teams to defend narrowly then using their incredibly talented wingbacks to exploit the wide areas.

Without seeing specific PKMs it's hard to know for sure, but I'm going to guess that you started the season really well with this system which has caused teams to be cautious and play more defensively against you. The system you're using is not well-equipped to break down low blocks so your chances have started to dry up. Someone else mentioned it earlier but please do post in the tactics forum since there's so many helpful people there. 

Thanks for the feedback and is taken on board. The instructions that you see in that screenshot will change if: I encounter a low block or a heavily packed midfield. That said, because of the gifted players I have in the midfield, I manage to keep hold of the ball and create chances with it. My post was not as much about tactics as it was about the flow of the game. Example: my WB is carrying the ball forward, I have my CM unmarked on the same line with the WB, yet my WB decides to switch the ball all the way to the other flank where my FB is "kinda" unmarked. Like ... why ? I specifically told them to focus the play down the middle and my WB and FB have personal instruction to take less risks. Now ... switching the play from one flank all the way to ther other is a big risk. These are the things that bug me. I am no tactical mastermind and obviously Im the one watching my own games, not the people on this thread, so this is why I cannot understand why players choose to take the ball all the way to ther other flank when they have a free team-mate in the center or another one moving into the channels ahead of them. This behaviour is in direct contradiction with 2 team instructions and his own player instruction. I am not complaining about failing to penetrate centrally, I'm complaining because of a bias towards wide areas in situations when there are much much easier, more intuitive, better options available in the center despite the tactics, formations ,etc. I understand a wide pass when my central players are market, totally understand that. But I can't see past it when those players are not marked and I specifically ask them to do that one thing - team and personal instructions. Again @Jack Joycethanks for the feedback.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, SebastianRO said:

Thanks for the feedback and is taken on board. The instructions that you see in that screenshot will change if: I encounter a low block or a heavily packed midfield. That said, because of the gifted players I have in the midfield, I manage to keep hold of the ball and create chances with it. My post was not as much about tactics as it was about the flow of the game. Example: my WB is carrying the ball forward, I have my CM unmarked on the same line with the WB, yet my WB decides to switch the ball all the way to the other flank where my FB is "kinda" unmarked. Like ... why ? I specifically told them to focus the play down the middle and my WB and FB have personal instruction to take less risks. Now ... switching the play from one flank all the way to ther other is a big risk. These are the things that bug me. I am no tactical mastermind and obviously Im the one watching my own games, not the people on this thread, so this is why I cannot understand why players choose to take the ball all the way to ther other flank when they have a free team-mate in the center or another one moving into the channels ahead of them. This behaviour is in direct contradiction with 2 team instructions and his own player instruction. I am not complaining about failing to penetrate centrally, I'm complaining because of a bias towards wide areas in situations when there are much much easier, more intuitive, better options available in the center despite the tactics, formations ,etc. I understand a wide pass when my central players are market, totally understand that. But I can't see past it when those players are not marked and I specifically ask them to do that one thing - team and personal instructions. Again @Jack Joycethanks for the feedback.

In terms of switch passes when using 'focus through middle', did you see my post from last week about a bug with this? Should be fixed for the christmas patch (but note that it was an issue in beta too).

Just now, Jack Joyce said:

In terms of switch passes when using 'focus through middle', did you see my post from last week about a bug with this? Should be fixed for the christmas patch (but note that it was an issue in beta too).

I didn't see the post about focus play through the middle, but now it makes sense. Looking forward to this getting fixed. Even in the BETA seemed a bit strange, but I had no context and I took everything at face value with a fresh perspective, especially since I completly dismissed and stopped playing FM20 after 35 hours.

So, two things I find very odd. Playing as Barca and I wanted to sell Coutinho after the 1st season so I listed him and offerd him out,he refuses to sign with Juve, Inter and Man Utd who all made bids that were accepted. So at the end of the window I removed him from the list and he says that now he is happy to stay. After a day he comes to me with a transfer request(!?), that he wants to leave.

Second thing, Pique coming to me and he says he wants a new contract. 34 year old player with current contract running until 2024. And he wants double the wages he is on because "he is now a much better player than he was when he signed the current deal". (??!)

38 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

So, two things I find very odd. Playing as Barca and I wanted to sell Coutinho after the 1st season so I listed him and offerd him out,he refuses to sign with Juve, Inter and Man Utd who all made bids that were accepted. So at the end of the window I removed him from the list and he says that now he is happy to stay. After a day he comes to me with a transfer request(!?), that he wants to leave.

Second thing, Pique coming to me and he says he wants a new contract. 34 year old player with current contract running until 2024. And he wants double the wages he is on because "he is now a much better player than he was when he signed the current deal". (??!)

Probable a bug, report it. 

I've said before - this years version of the game is a tremendous effort and very enjoyable.  However, one issue that simply has not been addressed and every time it is raised it is closed/locked with a circular resolution process.  Never seen this approach from SI before and really is an approach to customer service that I detest - you simply don't get to absolve yourself from a customer issue.  That out of principle will stop me buying future games (purchased since 1994).

Anyway, the issue is stutter/jumpy match end graphics in 3D.  
- Raised in bugs forum, and here; bugs forum closed every topic and references FAQ and tickets
- Followed FAQ (Nvidia control settings windows, latest drivers confirmed, locked frame rate, reinstalled drivers, lowered match display settings, changed skins)
- No joy - so submitted a ticket through the requested process.  The ticket reply (within 24-26 hours) referenced me to the same FAQ that I put in my ticket form
- The only thing I have not tried is uninstalling match graphics (ad boards) and returning to default - will try once home but not optimistic as no issue prior to 21.1.2

Zero confidence that this will be recognized or addressed by SI.  Maybe just revert to 2D and leave it at that.  I don't mind the problem - the ownership and resolution to the problem is about as mediocre as I have seen. 

Edited by Phil930

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

n terms of switch passes when using 'focus through middle', did you see my post from last week about a bug with this? Should be fixed for the christmas patch (but note that it was an issue in beta too).

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Very happy to hear from SI team

Cheers!

MLS fixture congestion

Summary: A game every two, three, or four days for three months at the start of the season and two games scheduled in two months later in the season.

Description: I ran into it this in FM20 as well. I'll play a match every two or three days from March through May and have two games scheduled in July and none in August. I'm a big MLS fan and even with Concacaf Champions league, I don't recall a schedule as lopsided as this one in real life, especially with so many dates later in the calendar that are available. For what it's worth, I love the new game! It just takes some enjoyment away when the schedule is so unbalanced. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

20 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Seeing the same & it's driving me nuts

At first I blamed mentality, but right now I'm experimenting with a Cautious mentality, then I thought about the role so changed him to just a standard keeper & right now I've told him to kick it short & distribute to the backline which is something I've never had to do before 

If that doesn't work I'll log it because I'm deliberately playing with a possession tactic & him hoofing it long isn't helping 

Add me to this list of people seeing this. I have distribute to CBs and the keepers in the two saves I have (Unai Simon & Matt Ryan) are more than capable on the ball.

It's super frustrating, as they don't even seem to be trying to ping it to a genuinely open wide player, just blindly clearing.

1 minute ago, CaptCanuck said:

Add me to this list of people seeing this. I have distribute to CBs and the keepers in the two saves I have (Unai Simon & Matt Ryan) are more than capable on the ball.

It's super frustrating, as they don't even seem to be trying to ping it to a genuinely open wide player, just blindly clearing.

Add any good examples you've got to this pal 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/540474-goalkeepers-hoofing-the-ball-when-instructed-otherwise/?tab=comments#comment-12802296

Agree re the UI - it's tough viewing and matchday is made that much more complicated by extra clicks and hidden screens - I won't repeat what's already been said about individual features as it's been done to death. I know when releasing a game every year there has to be a 'new' look and feel but I think there is a desire to go a bit far: gestures - fine. Putting the players in a horseshoe shape to 'replicate the look of the dressing room' - meh. But it's all about opinions I suppose...

With the ME, I feel like I'm def seeing a difference from the BETA. The football doesn't flow as well as it was before, through balls seem a little less common, but I must say that seemed a bit overpowered in the BETA and it seemed like almost every goal came from a lovely fluid move. I believe I'm also seeing FM20 peeking its beady eye over the parapet - wide play has become very common again: crosses hitting defenders and going out for corners seem quite excessive again; a lack of early crosses; a lot of cut backs for tippy tappy football around the edge of the box then shot; cross to back post for short winger with header rating of 6 to send brilliant header past keeper from 14 yards.etc

BUT, I was in dismay with the FM20 ME and FM21 is definitely an improvement. Enjoying playing this iteration on the whole.

Does anyone know if there is a way to view the new tracked stats as part of a custom view? The below is from the FMFC site:

"In addition to overhauling the way that data is presented to you in the game, we’ve also added a suite of new stats that can be tracked to give you more detail than ever.

On the defensive side, we’ve added in Blocks as a tracked stat and redefined Clearances, separating them from Passes so you can see just how effective your side is at disrupting opposition attacks and getting the ball clear of danger. We’ve also added Possessions Won and Lost to allow you to get a clearer picture of whether you’re winning those crucial midfield battles.

Goalkeepers will also benefit from new save-focused stats such as save percentage and saves per 90 minutes. Now you’ll know exactly how effective your ‘keeper is when they’re called into action."

Currently, I can only view the blocks/90 and clearances/90 as part of Centre Back individual reports, and the GK saves %/90 and xG Conceded/90 as part of individual report. I can't find possessions won anywhere.

I'd like to add these as part of my squad comparison view and also for scouting, but they don't seem to be available.

2 minutes ago, Roncatto99 said:

Someone at SI obviously loves Man U, cos they are so OP on the game. They are **** in real life, stop making them really good

It's been this way for the past two or three versions lol

The game and espec. the ME has been really enjoyable again. Where i couldnt enjoy the matches in FM20 now its totally the opposite. Seeing really nice plays and im sure being good with tactics you can get really great play more often. Changing things in game is being noticed right away. I struggled a bit with the tactics, but with some help here im on the right track gladly, for now. 

Tip: What I would like to see instead of just the possibility to choose some default tactics is a sort of connection meter in the tactics, where, when you set up ur own tactic, it will say if its balanced withnin the choises of Roles, TI's, Formation and Mentality, and what kind of style of play u have set up, so it could give u a sort of guide towards balancing ur tactic. When it works it will be more satisfyin i think instead of struggling with tactics and just choosing a default tactic at the end and it could make it easier to understand and interpretate all the tactics (roles, TI's etc.), the connection of it all, much better in the game.

Edited by f.zaarour

9 ore fa, lpcinder ha scritto:

Hi all

I have two questions:

I decided to play with Sampdoria, so I had a challenge with this aging squad. On top of that they have no money to spend so I to start buy loaning players. I am now in my third season and won the league and cup in the third season. 

1) Is it normal Italian teams get such low financial reward for winning the league? I got something like 3.5 million euros or something like that. 

2) I saved my game in two versions: one with normal budget, being close to nothing and one with a sugar daddy. When does a sugar daddy start showing an effect. I have had zero results from this, in fact, the board are rejecting all demands for extra budget.

Would be great if someone could answer this.

Here in Italy the prizes for placing in the league are ridiculous compared to the premier league; it's not a bug, it's exactly like this :lol:

An English mid-table team takes almost as much as the scudetto winner ...

47 minutes ago, Stewart91 said:

I am only getting Newgens in playable leagues. Is this a known issue?

Hopefully they will solve this and the solution will be save-game compatible, otherwise many saves will have to be gone. 

56 minutes ago, Roncatto99 said:

Someone at SI obviously loves Man U, cos they are so OP on the game. They are **** in real life, stop making them really good

In my second season they are in the third place 24 points behind Liverpool, competing with Villa, Leeds and others for Champions League spot. 

2 hours ago, Kingstontom88 said:

BUT, I was in dismay with the FM20 ME and FM21 is definitely an improvement

If they had released a game, that was WORSE than FM 20 they should have gone out of buisiness, lol. Nothing would come even close to shitness levels of 20

6 minutes ago, CM said:

In my second season they are in the third place 24 points behind Liverpool, competing with Villa, Leeds and others for Champions League spot. 

LOL

SI have been overpowering Man Utd for so many years, it’s become a joke.

5 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

It's always a nightmare when you score a gol and a highlight happens in the very next second, the chances of conceding a goal are huge :mad:

Yes, exactly. Happened 3 times to me today lol

Is it possible or a tip to create a new news-event about the regen/intake bug? To inform people and players to put their saves on hold or/and not to start new longterm saves. Just some damage-control.