Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Melwasul said:

A genuine question, why would anyone need pregame editor or ingame editor within minutes the game is out?

I have never used the pre-game editor before but want to make some changes before starting a long term save (add u23 squad to serie a team) 

Sorry for my ignorance again.

I have to pay for the ingame editor? 

Do I have to pay for this every year? If i do then how do I pay for it..........I think I am getting a little confused. 

I have downloaded the editor in steam, but this is not the one I am looking for

Just now, Melwasul said:

That's not an answer for my question though, is it? It is clearly rolling out for everyone, I was asking why would anyone need it immediately.

Because people want to start their main save, and if there is something they want to edit that can't be changed during a save, then it has to be done before they create the save. 

That's why I'm looking for it anyway, however it's not a major hassle, I have two long term saves in mind, and the other one doesn't need the change I want for the first one. 

1 minute ago, Melwasul said:

That's not an answer for my question though, is it? It is clearly rolling out for everyone, I was asking why would anyone need it immediately.

Personally I add in the updates and issues that haven't made data lock before starting a long term save. Some use it to create their Lower League files or custom competitions before playing the game as well. There's plenty of use for it. 

Just now, Womaz said:

Do I have to pay for this every year? If i do then how do I pay for it..........I think I am getting a little confused. 

Yes, the in-game editor is a paid for add-on and you pay for it with each edition of the game. I believe it's been the same price since it's released (£3.99 in the UK) 

12 minutes ago, PoeticOtter said:

I've not bought the game this year. The match engine improvements are encouraging but I also saw the amount of bugs reported in the beta and decided against pre-ordering. If I could see what had been fixed for the full release it could sway me to purchase it but instead I'll hold on to my cash.

It's baffling how paying customers give up their time to report bugs (often in some detail) only for Si not to even bother to say if it has been fixed.

Then try the demo. It's simple enough. 

1 minute ago, Womaz said:

Yes this is a one -off version purchase- you buy it from within the game and follow the instructions there, I assume.

Just now, isce2008 said:

malta I updated the football manager 2021 on steam but the folders football manager 2021 editor and football manager 2021 Resource Archiver do not appear. Do you know what's going on?

Providing that you have selected the "Tools" option in Steam to be shown in your library, there is currently a delay for some users for being able to download the editor and resource archiver. It will be there but you will need to be patient unfortunately. 

1 dakika önce, Dagenham_Dave said:

Because people want to start their main save, and if there is something they want to edit that can't be changed during a save, then it has to be done before they create the save. 

That's why I'm looking for it anyway, however it's not a major hassle, I have two long term saves in mind, and the other one doesn't need the change I want for the first one. 

1 dakika önce, metal_guitarist said:

Personally I add in the updates and issues that haven't made data lock before starting a long term save. Some use it to create their Lower League files or custom competitions before playing the game as well. There's plenty of use for it. 

Thank you for the answers, I don't get it why do people get so offended over a simple question.

3 minuti fa, Womaz ha scritto:

IN-game editor for real time changes has to be purchased (on steam or directly while playing)

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

Providing that you have selected the "Tools" option in Steam to be shown in your library, there is currently a delay for some users for being able to download the editor and resource archiver. It will be there but you will need to be patient unfortunately. 

thanks

15 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

It's quite difficult to give accurate feedback when there are no patch notes or release notes to tell us what has changed, so I'm going to reiterate my previous feedback that Brexit needs balancing with the rest of the game as it's currently not working.

Brexit's work permit system = good

Brexit's balance following work permit system = bad.

No offence intended, but that is a rubbish conclusion. Just give feedback on the final version.

If you think something is broken, bug it. If you have opinions on how something is in the release version of the game, give feedback. 

57 minutes ago, Mikal said:

So dark.

Untitled.png.60bb8b270eab5d24ebd1f9dfde0bdf1c.png

This is the only gripe I have with the skin, these comically white boxes. SI must have shares in Boots opticians or Specsavers the rate our retinas are going to be burned away. The rest of the skin flows really well. Shame.

That hurts my eyes too...

Don't know why we didn't get the dark version of the skin like last year...

2 minutes ago, Melwasul said:

Thank you for the answers, I don't get it why do people get so offended over a simple question.

It was a mix of impatience and anxiety to have the editor. Many people need to have the editor to change a few things to strat their long term save game. Sometimes that involve adding lower league or roster changes or many other things. Have look on editor section of these forums and you will understand.

I've noticed so many things that still havent been fixed i just don't get it i've reported these things along with many others about the bugs but not one of them apart from the training schedules as been fixed, what's the point in getting us to report them if they ain't going to get fixed there is still even a bug from FM20 the opposition tactics pitch the players positions are still out of position like the Attacking mid being in the center mid position, i'm giving up reporting things 

That bug is from 2020 in the pic i've posted is from 2020 and still in 21 that ain't good SI what's going on there

Untitled.png

Edited by jckc221013jamie

2 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

Why? How can I compare the beta to the final version without knowing what's been change? What if something was rare and difficult to replicate? I've already reported both the bug of scouts only suggesting people who can't get work permits and the balance of brexit which lead to club visions that are impossible to meet due to the new restrictions.

How do I know if the balance of a game has been addressed, if there's no notes telling us what they have done to address the balance? I can only assume no balance changes have been made, as such the problem still persists.

It's pretty standard practice to release patch notes....I don't think it's an unreasonable request...

SI will know. As was answered just above your post, bug it again. 

3 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

Why? How can I compare the beta to the final version without knowing what's been change? What if something was rare and difficult to replicate? I've already reported both the bug of scouts only suggesting people who can't get work permits and the balance of brexit which lead to club visions that are impossible to meet due to the new restrictions.

How do I know if the balance of a game has been addressed, if there's no notes telling us what they have done to address the balance? I can only assume no balance changes have been made, as such the problem still persists.

It's pretty standard practice to release patch notes....I don't think it's an unreasonable request...

They arent going to release patch notes for full release, they never do. Whether you agree with this or not isn't going to change it. We don't need 4 pages of people arguing over patch notes that aren't coming

31 minutes ago, Melwasul said:

A genuine question, why would anyone need pregame editor or ingame editor within minutes the game is out?

Before starting my main save, I wait for a lower league English system to become available, so, while I am waiting, I spend the first few weeks of release in the editor more than in the actual game.

Since FM19, I've always spent the first few weeks making a lower league NZ editor file, so that others can play in New Zealand should they choose to do so. 

I'm not one of those shouting for the editor though — I'm currently in the office, and having it available right now would be too much temptation.

Edited by DementedHammer

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

They arent going to release patch notes for full release, they never do. Whether you agree with this or not isn't going to change it. We don't need 4 pages of people arguing over patch notes that aren't coming

I've mentioned it once, I've never been part of the day one rush on the forum, not everyone has time or the inclination to know every single FM release standard practice. If they don't, they don't, fair enough, I'm not here to argue if they should or not it's their game and their prerogative. I gave my initial opinion of its hard to give feedback different to beta feedback if I don't know what's different.

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

SI will know. As was answered just above your post, bug it again. 

I'm not going to repeatedly report things as a bug, it's been mentioned, there's threads for it. I don't have the time or patience to repeatedly tell the creators of a game that it's balance is broken. If they like it, it'll stay as it is, if they don't they'll change it. What they HAVE done is asked for feedback, I've given the feedback. To be uppity about someone giving said feedback means its pointless to engage in asking for feedback.

There's too many people who take an instantly attacking/defensive stance on these forums and it leads to actual issues getting lumped in with non-issues because they sound similar and discussions quickly turn into arguments. Chill. It's ok.

I completely understand SI's reasons for not having a change log on a GR software package. However, I can also see why those that were heavily involved in the reporting of issues in the beta would like additional information about some of the changes that have been implemented.

Edited by DementedHammer