Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

To those who see a lot of their penalties saved..... let your GK take them. :lol:

My GK has a penalty taking attribute of 2 and has scored 15 of 18 penalties this season.

81cdc318f4c7d449aced2aeb150c7e23.png

SI have been saying for ages that the penalty taking attribute has a significant and direct impact on the result of the player taking penalties. I've known this to be untrue for a number of years. Any chance they could come clean and confirm what does influence the result of a penalty, (because it's not the penalty taking attribute). 

This is his current penalty form, (this season only).  :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thdn::thup::thup::thup::thdn::thup::thdn::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

d9a48360148caace47bd7671897fbe01.png

This point, I suggest should be taken to a separate thread as it will clog up the feedback thread- thanks

36 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you can tag me into some of the more urgent looking ones I'll try and get some si replies

https://community.sigames.com/topic/538648-passing-networkheatmap-display-problems/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/541308-assists-map-does-not-work-in-analyst-report/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/540549-individual-stats-not-translating-accurately-into-analysis/

Last two don't have a response yet? Bit hard to dig around everywhere when SI don't consistently have a pinned thread with known issues like in the beta. It's just some bugs around stats not being correct etc. Annoying. 

2 hours ago, anagain said:

To follow up my last post, there are, of course, positive aspects to the UI this year.

- I very much like the new backing screens for chats, team talks and press conferences. They are lovely.

- I like the new ideas for the above three areas. I like the way players are lined up in team talks, as if they are crowded around you.

- I would like mouseovers for players that have been subbed off/who replaced whom on the team talk screen. I find I have to rely on memory regarding when a player went off. I like to tell players why they went off.

- I love the new analysis options, such as new graphs and areas of feedback.

- One thing I will say for press conferences or meetings etc is that sometimes individual items in the UI could be enlargened a little. This is especially so for player meetings that are centered in the middle of the new office backing screens with a lot of empty space.

- As I mentioned at some point (probably back in beta now) for smaller clubs, with few journalists at press conferences, the option to drag the participants closer to the questions (so that the two sections are not detached) would be nice.

So, as much as I think there are UI problems, there are also areas of the UI that are looking better. It is clear that SI have decided to work on certain things. I very much understand that it is as a result of change that the UI may be suffering in some areas. We all have to remember this covid year has pressed SI hard and that change is a work in progress.

I am sure that SI take on board what we write, as long as it is constructive. As madsheep says bickering doesn't help. It can be frustrating when you think you are posting reasonable reuqests and you don't think they've been noticed, but we do have to remember that SI can't respond to everything. Patience is key.

Keep the faith.

When i first saw the new UI, i thought it looked bad and was asking myself why did SI make the UI like that when it was perfect. But after playing with it now for the past few weeks, I now like it. 

FM21 to me is the best FM I've played since FM18. 

1 hour ago, Double0Seven said:

Less or broken information as many people have reported so far. I'm just gonna hope a Christmas patch fixes stuff like that. The new UI might be less good, but stuff like broken stats here and there is more annoying. That should be priority before they adjust the UI. 

This. A lot of the UI changes we can delegate to be the problem of our assman and xG is like a flickering street lamp it's harmless enough; however, there are so so so many regressions it beggars belief. I honestly cannot think of a GA version of software I've used that has had so many. You trip over them at every turn, and importantly every turn of what should be the best parts of the game: tactics, playing matches, and analyzing matches to improve your team and get better results. Not being able to setup player instructions for your tactic or seeing passing networks, is literally breaking the game and existing parts of it at that.

14 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

When i first saw the new UI, i thought it looked bad and was asking myself why did SI make the UI like that when it was perfect. But after playing with it now for the past few weeks, I now like it. 

FM21 to me is the best FM I've played since FM18. 

Cool you've come around to the UI, that definitely makes things more enjoyable, hopefully I can gain some of that positivity in time :)

Have you not suffered from any of the issues with team/player analysis and setting up player instructions?

9 hours ago, duesouth said:

And without being able to go into analysis screens to see average positions etc. etc. - quite often you have no idea how your tactic is working!

9 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Exactly! That's what prompted this post. I've just switched to a new tactic, used it for the first time and had one chance in the first half to have a look at it and that's it.

2 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Really want an answer to this.

You can have xG back, I really don't care for it, I just want my more functional data analytics back.

When I open the analytical data during the game, my notebook gets hot and the fans turn on crazily. I did the same on the FM20 and it doesn't work like that, on the contrary, the processor even works less. Impossible to stay in analytical data throughout game

It is only in this part, as soon as I click I see that the temperature begins to warm up. When I get back to IU, tactics, or another page, it's normal.

Has anyone notice this?

Can’t help but get extremely frustrated by the scheduling of matches. I’m sure match going fans would love a world where every match was at 15:00 on a Saturday but I miss being frustrated at the TV schedulers for giving me one less day of rest. Is it an actual problem? No. Does it mess up immersion for me? A lot.

I do understand since the first season is messed up by COVID but I don’t understand why it’s like this for the seasons after.

Edited by Jaydenoren

17 minutes ago, h3nrique_SEP said:

I'm waiting for the 21.2 update to start a new save hoping for the millions of corners per match problem to be solved, anybody have a clue on when SI will release it?

Nobody has ever known in previous years until it is released- in older versions is has usually been before Xmas but that is just a guess.

29 minutes ago, h3nrique_SEP said:

I'm waiting for the 21.2 update to start a new save hoping for the millions of corners per match problem to be solved, anybody have a clue on when SI will release it?

There was a match where I got 20 corners inside 33 minutes. 

15 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Nice one, found it & you're right, that's a screen I skip right past 

I doubt anyone but newbs bother with that screen/news item. Its just a bunch of meaningless canned lines that repeat constantly. 

I just caught the odss out the corner of my eye one day.

7 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

It is not, it´s called Budget management, if they are in the last year of contract, you can sign players for the next season, having them ready to step when the other players go, but if you just want to hoard 40 players, then that´s not gonna work.

I can't sign anyone, club has no budget to manage. Can't see any point in having a "recruitment meetings", when you can't afford to keep your starting players to begin with. Not sure where you've read about hoarding though, maybe in some other thread

31 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

I can't sign anyone, club has no budget to manage. Can't see any point in having a "recruitment meetings", when you can't afford to keep your starting players to begin with. Not sure where you've read about hoarding though, maybe in some other thread

Its called a strawman argument him bringing up hoarding.

Yeah I've got similar issues with my board. When I joined the club it was in financial meltdown about 20% over its budget and hard choices had to be made as to who was kept and who wasn't...the boards response become almost suicidal over the fact I let 4 youngsters who had all performed woefully in the games I'd given them go, rather than double their wages (what they wanted) even though we couldn't afford it and the boards own vision was "fix the financial situation"...

The entire board vision is and has been broken since day 1. It should be massively immersive and change the way you play. But due to how broken it is, it literally destroys my immersion everytime I interact with it and so instead of being a core driver of how I play the game I just ignore it entirely in the main now.

On 06/12/2020 at 05:32, Zemahh said:

Really hate how some parts of the Analyst Report have been broken since the very first day of beta and still aren't fixed three hotfixes later. One would think that a completely unfunctional screen would be a big deal, no? @Neil Brock

uKEyc5c.jpg

Reported the bug personally during the first week of beta and never got a response. The thread is now archived and the bug still exists.

I hate to be pissy, I understand the UI guys have their hands full, but they really dropped the ball this year. This and the broken Pass Combinations screen are some absolute basics many people use to figure out tactical issues.

HSgmRSZ.jpeg

That's terrible by them.

Specially when this feature worked pretty smooth for few years now.

1 hour ago, kiwityke said:

Its called a strawman argument him bringing up hoarding.

Yeah I've got similar issues with my board. When I joined the club it was in financial meltdown about 20% over its budget and hard choices had to be made as to who was kept and who wasn't...the boards response become almost suicidal over the fact I let 4 youngsters who had all performed woefully in the games I'd given them go, rather than double their wages (what they wanted) even though we couldn't afford it and the boards own vision was "fix the financial situation"...

The entire board vision is and has been broken since day 1. It should be massively immersive and change the way you play. But due to how broken it is, it literally destroys my immersion everytime I interact with it and so instead of being a core driver of how I play the game I just ignore it entirely in the main now.

I try not to be a full out negativist and say that feature is "broken", but sure thing it seems completely off balance at the moment. Feature looks promising, but completely disregards current context, especially in the season one when COVID has negative effect on transfer market. I only had first window, which is generally not active usually and the board is already unpleased, while suggesting to replace players with some others, all with 0 budget available

2 hours ago, luka_zg said:

Anybody ever seen VAR check let the goal stand? It's always disallowed.

I’ve had one goal awarded through var 😀 after a offside check half way through 1st season 

3 hours ago, h3nrique_SEP said:

stopped playing my LAFC save after i had 22 in a game

if i got 20 in 33 minutes i would smash my monitor :lol:

Did you notice anything weird about how you got that many?

I'm asking because I recently had a game where my corner taker sent the ball into the same defender (standing close the corner flag) about 8-10 times in a row, each time it went out for a new corner. So I think I had 12 corners in the span of 10 minutes or something.

10 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

I try not to be a full out negativist and say that feature is "broken", but sure thing it seems completely off balance at the moment. Feature looks promising, but completely disregards current context, especially in the season one when COVID has negative effect on transfer market. I only had first window, which is generally not active usually and the board is already unpleased, while suggesting to replace players with some others, all with 0 budget available

Its like a lot of the newest features of FM in recent seasons.

Overall it functions but parts of it are I think objectively broken.

So over all the final score is normally in line with how you are performing as a manager.

But transfers and match reactions are immersion breakingly broken because they don't seem to take into account any context of the current situation of the club.

Drawing away from home against 2nd is nothing but a great result under any circumstances my board though seem to be modeled on that one twitter crank who screams sack the manager if you don't win 5-0 every game and would rate that result at best a C.

In the summer as I said before I let a lot of youngsters go who IMO weren't going to make it so I could keep important players and retain youngsters who were, the board again almost suicidal rating all my dealings a D because they don't seem able to comprehend we have wage budgets that they had overspent on before I arrived.

We are currently 3rd or 4th in the league after gaining promotion last season overall rating A+ (accurate) rating for matches and transfers C- (fake news).

How OP are far post crosses? Seems every game I watch there's either a cross or IDFK to the far post for an easy header/tap in. Pretty much, if a highlight starts at a freekick out wide & it goes to the far post, you know it's a goal.

This was the case for FM20 too, all newgens fullbacks were tiny so if you had a winger that had decent jumping reach, he'd score a ton. Left back crossing to right winger netted me loads over multiple saves. I don't know what the actual real life statistics in football are for goals scored at the far post but there's a decent % of goals coming from there. I don't whether it's a problem but I might just log it later anyway 

There's that & punts over the DL for the striker to run on to seem to be the source for a decent amount of goals in this ME. In the VNN league, strikers seem to be able to pluck these balls out of the air with the deadliest of control whereas a defender simply can't do anything. I've seen an U-18s game were a kid scored from one of these, first touch on the volley. Would be GOTM in that happened in the Premier League :D   

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

How OP are far post crosses? Seems every game I watch there's either a cross or IDFK to the far post for an easy header/tap in. Pretty much, if a highlight starts at a freekick out wide & it goes to the far post, you know it's a goal.

This was the case for FM20 too, all newgens fullbacks were tiny so if you had a winger that had decent jumping reach, he'd score a ton. Left back crossing to right winger netted me loads over multiple saves. I don't know what the actual real life statistics in football are for goals scored at the far post but there's a decent % of goals coming from there. I don't whether it's a problem but I might just log it later anyway 

There's that & punts over the DL for the striker to run on to seem to be the source for a decent amount of goals in this ME. In the VNN league, strikers seem to be able to pluck these balls out of the air with the deadliest of control whereas a defender simply can't do anything. I've seen an U-18s game were a kid scored from one of these, first touch on the volley. Would be GOTM in that happened in the Premier League :D   

Wierd but I almost never see IDFK goals like that. In my save what is OP is an assist from own half. I have three games in a row with CF running on a clearance and scoring. Even if I have play out of defence ticked

Just now, Pav_Makarov said:

Wierd but I almost never see IDFK goals like that. In my save what is OP is an assist from own half. I have three games in a row with CF running on a clearance and scoring. Even if I have play out of defence ticked

How about crosses in general? I've stuck my two CB's on the far post at corners & aimed corners there, seems like the only way I can score them 

I've logged the goalkeepers clearing the ball up field, but yeah, the whole backline boot these balls up field for the striker to perfectly control whilst the centre backs don't really react to them  

I think I have one corner goal, but maybe it's just that my set-piece taker is crap, but at the same time my CD with 16 for headers keeps missing from 5 meter all the time, so I don't know, it's nott the point where I can say "it's not realistic" but I smell something fishy.

Crosses in general work quite well, I have a tall winger, so I frequently play overlap on the opposing wing with PI to cross on far post, had couple goals like that. In my opinion crosses work much better now, at least I can attribute missed or not performed cross to player's attributes, for example IW with low teamwork would try to dribble in and shoot no matter how many unmarked partners he has while decent passers with teamwork over 12 really cross, lay the ball to midfielders and don't just blindly run into the woodwork. Conversion is still low though

However I play with a mid table team in Belarus, so maybe ME has nothing to do with things I see and it's just that my team can't play like Leipzig (well, obviously). I think that to judge on ME we need to try playing for different teams, it's clear that Wycombe and Man city just can't play similarly efficient 

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

@Pav_Makarovgive it a try, have him attacking the far post, have your taker in-swing them there, see if that yields you any goals

Could try it for IDFKs too, I've not tried it yet but I've seen them scored there   

Will do. I'm still trying ropes with new ME, so thanks for advice

1 hour ago, kiwityke said:

Its like a lot of the newest features of FM in recent seasons.

Overall it functions but parts of it are I think objectively broken.

So over all the final score is normally in line with how you are performing as a manager.

But transfers and match reactions are immersion breakingly broken because they don't seem to take into account any context of the current situation of the club.

Drawing away from home against 2nd is nothing but a great result under any circumstances my board though seem to be modeled on that one twitter crank who screams sack the manager if you don't win 5-0 every game and would rate that result at best a C.

In the summer as I said before I let a lot of youngsters go who IMO weren't going to make it so I could keep important players and retain youngsters who were, the board again almost suicidal rating all my dealings a D because they don't seem able to comprehend we have wage budgets that they had overspent on before I arrived.

We are currently 3rd or 4th in the league after gaining promotion last season overall rating A+ (accurate) rating for matches and transfers C- (fake news).

Did I just read that someone thought that something on FM was "breakingly broken"? 

Wow that's a new one! :rolleyes::D

16 hours ago, anagain said:

It'll possibly be similar to this:

Unforetunately some bug fixes only work on new saves. 

Is this broken for everyone or just a few cases?

If I didn't start in the Premier League will this be an issue for me?

I don't want to continue my save from the National League if when I (hopefully) get to the Premier League the game is unplayable.

Edited by deefus

15 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

Did I just read that someone thought that something on FM was "breakingly broken"? 

Wow that's a new one! :rolleyes::D

No, you didn't.

It clearly says "Immersion breakingly broken..."!

As in it breaks immersion by being broken.

Edited by kiwityke

hace 10 horas, Jimbokav1971 dijo:

To those who see a lot of their penalties saved..... let your GK take them. :lol:

My GK has a penalty taking attribute of 2 and has scored 15 of 18 penalties this season.

81cdc318f4c7d449aced2aeb150c7e23.png

SI have been saying for ages that the penalty taking attribute has a significant and direct impact on the result of the player taking penalties. I've known this to be untrue for a number of years. Any chance they could come clean and confirm what does influence the result of a penalty, (because it's not the penalty taking attribute). 

This is his current penalty form, (this season only).  :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thdn::thup::thup::thup::thdn::thup::thdn::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

d9a48360148caace47bd7671897fbe01.png

I have read from SI that penalties in FM21 have a total goal conversion rate of 0.76, that it's the correct percentage IRL. However, it could be possible that they have made the penalty attribute irrelevant so whoever takes the penalty, he has the same "correct" chance of 0.76? I hope that it isn't the solution they have taken. 

1 minute ago, pejocho said:

I have read from SI that penalties in FM21 have a total goal conversion rate of 0.76, that it's the correct percentage IRL. However, it could be possible that they have made the penalty attribute irrelevant so whoever takes the penalty, he has the same "correct" chance of 0.76? I hope that it isn't the solution they have taken. 

You would hope that the 0.76 applies to penalty taker with a rating in the 15-17 range and the attribute modifies it up and down depending on whether they are better or worse, and then another modifier based on composure depending on the circumstances of the kick (already ahead in the game, equaliser, take lead or shootout). What it actually is given internal decisions within SI or a bugged calculation - who knows. 

10 hours ago, mikcheck said:

As you can see, there's is a notorious difference, much more crosses. I'd really like to believe that there were no ME changes, but honestly, it's hard to believe that.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, because I know that there were no direct ME changes, but It's my experience from the many games I've played in these past days.

I'd like to know if anyone else noticed the same thing?

Yep and throw ins are back :rolleyes:. No matter how i setup my set pieces (tried zonal marking with cbs on far and near post, tried man marking), i just keep seeing those stupid goals (throw in, quick pass, cross, goal). Really annoying to see.

Different people give dramatically different feedback, some say that they see a lot of early crosses while there is a topic in a bug's forum with a complaint that all crosses are being delayed and blocked, while big percentage of goals IRL are scored via early crosses.

Can it be that we just play with teams of different quality and all of us experience ME differently?

22 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

My left back has converted 16 of 18 penalties this season. 

He has a penalty taking attribute of 6. 

Pretty much in line with all my tests new and throughout the years. Plus what SI once said: That as soon as a player is loaded from the db, no matter his attributes, he will be a (semi)professional football player, not some pub type. Once I edited all players of a league to have very low pen ratings, and then edited them to have very high. Most of the penalties were simply converted on both edits.

Didn't collect long-term numbers, but I'd be naturally concerned if there wasn't a difference between the above taker and a specialist over e.g. 100 of penalties though. :D  There's also a reason why some players have always gotten fairly average forwards scoring consistently in general, whilst others get the world class to struggle (the type and volume of chances is what's always mattered more than the player in-game, but then CR7 IRL scores this consistently because he has like 7 attempts on average likewise, more than double that of the average forward, and even Kane et Messi at their best average 5+).

Edited by Svenc

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

How about crosses in general? I've stuck my two CB's on the far post at corners & aimed corners there, seems like the only way I can score them 

I've logged the goalkeepers clearing the ball up field, but yeah, the whole backline boot these balls up field for the striker to perfectly control whilst the centre backs don't really react to them  

Have you tried taking short corners, or varying delivery? 

3 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Pretty much in line with all my tests new and throughout the years. Plus what SI once said: That as soon as a player is loaded from the db, no matter his attributes, he will be a (semi)professional football player, not some pub type. Once I edited all players of a league to have very low pen ratings, and then edited them to have very high. Most of the penalties were simply converted on both edits.

Didn't collect long-term numbers, but I'd be naturally concerned if there wasn't a difference between the above taker and a specialist over e.g. 100 of penalties though. :D  There's also a reason why some players have always gotten fairly average forwards scoring consistently in general, whilst others get the world class to struggle (the type and volume of chances is what's always mattered more than the player in-game, but then CR7 scores this consistently because he has like 7 attempts on average likewise, more than double that of the average forward, and even Kane et Messi at their best average 5+).

I'm pretty sure we have had this discussion before. 

My major point is, if SI can't get a player converting a stationary ball at a target 12 yards away right, when nobody is attempting a tackle, then how can we have faith that they have programmed any other part of striking a ball accurately? 

My GK with a penalty attribute of 2 has now converted 17 of 20 penalties. 

SI don't want to answer this question because it opens a whole can of worms that they have successfully ignored for at least 7 years now. 

If penalties aren't an accurate representation of player attributes then what else isn't and why? 

They keep introducing new things (like XG for example), that don't work accurately, without fixing stuff like key pass stats. I get that they are trying to be innovative and keep up with the times, but introducing something that isn't accurate, while not fixing previously introduced features is just..... shabby. 

SI can't even give us an accurate definition of what exactly is a key pass in the game. If they don't know what it is, what's the point? 

30 minutes ago, pejocho said:

This is not a new thing. It's been going on for at least 8 years. 

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hmmm, so the lower the penalty-stat the better he's at scoring? Hmmmm. Good. It could be 2 is 18 and 18 is 2. :idiot: Would be funny bug. 

Edited by RinusFM

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

What for?

So that the opposition don't defend in the place you have delivered all your previous corners to. 

If you scout a team and they deliver all their corners to the back post, don't you give that area special focus? 

Move them about a bit. 

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

So that the opposition don't defend in the place you have delivered all your previous corners to. 

If you scout a team and they deliver all their corners to the back post, don't you give that area special focus? 

Move them about a bit. 

I'd don't think I've conceded from a corner all season, my CB's have scored a few though so I've not changed anything if it's working  

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

I'd don't think I've conceded from a corner all season, my CB's have scored a few though so I've not changed anything if it's working  

My apologies. I thought this started by you saying that your weren't scoring enough from corners. 

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

My apologies. I thought this started by you saying that your weren't scoring enough from corners. 

No worries, no, I'm all good on corners. I was just pointing out I think anything to the far post is OP be it a free-kick, corner or cross which was similar last year