Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay we think we've found the cause for the pre-game editor not showing up for some of you - can you all please try again now? Again may be worth restarting Steam (hopefully just this one last time)!

It is Ok now ,   thank you guys!!!

1 minute ago, fannar182 said:

How can I now if Steam has updated my Football Manager 2021 game to the full version? I've restarted steam 3-4x times now but I'm pretty sure I'm still playing the beta :/

Check the game status page in the FM drop down menu on your home page- it should be FM 21.1

2 minutes ago, fannar182 said:

How can I now if Steam has updated my Football Manager 2021 game to the full version? I've restarted steam 3-4x times now but I'm pretty sure I'm still playing the beta :/

Go to Library, downloads, and check when FM updated itself

https://gyazo.com/4573794f3691adf5ccaf0dca89ac122d

Quick Question... I remember before when you resigned someone that instead of the contract beginning right away that you could have it being at the end of the current contract.... Is this still in the game or was this removed? So lets say for example I am at January 2021... The player contract ends end of April so if he was making 1K and he wanted 1.7k i could say ok from January to April u get 1k but then come May when ur contract ends u can get 1.7 instead of paying you 1.7k now

Is anyone else having the issue of having to go into preferences every time you load up FM and change the screen from full to windowed. I usually have it windowed but have to go into preferences every time I have loaded up FM2021 since the game come out.

It didn't do this on the Beta.

Only a small issue I can put up with but just curious if others are having this issue.

1 minute ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Games to easy, best get back to the drawing board.

Actually dont think the game is to easy, nor did i think it was any easier before, i just find it funny when people take results and a run of games out of context to label the game 'To Easy' 

Screenshot (4).png

I just read your comment 10 times and I still don't know is the game easy or not

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is anyone else having the issue of having to go into preferences every time you load up FM and change the screen from full to windowed. I usually have it windowed but have to go into preferences every time I have loaded up FM2021 since the game come out.

It didn't do this on the Beta.

Only a small issue I can put up with but just curious if others are having this issue.

It didn't happen to me, but i have only tried this once.

14 minutes ago, fannar182 said:

The bottom left of the screen when you are in game says you are playing the Beta version, if you are playing the Beta version.

If it no longer says that in game, then Steam has updated you to the full game.

Edited by Mobius

Just now, Marko1989 said:

I just read your comment 10 times and I still don't know is the game easy or not

Sorry about that, i dont think the game is to easy, i think its in line with any other Football Manager game i have played , you win some you lose some, but obviously am a team like Juventus so i win alot more than i lose.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

Game was playable on beta now its a farce. Match day screen is full of wasted space doesnt even let you see both teams player ratings just half a pitch.

339E58CF-0C93-4390-BE05-A11B5B5A2E0F.jpeg

Is a known issue for those in 1920x1080 - drop your zoom to 95% and you'll be able to see both tablets. 

2 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

Game was playable on beta now its a farce. Match day screen is full of wasted space doesnt even let you see both teams player ratings just half a pitch.

339E58CF-0C93-4390-BE05-A11B5B5A2E0F.jpeg

Not sure that there were any major changes from the beta, so you may need to see what options are available on that screen

we have a new issue. at least "i" have. 

when i clich "launch" on fm 21 editor, it shows up on status bar, my screen trying to start something in full screen mode, it's turning fully black and one second later steam says it's running but it disappers from status bar. 

my windows is up to date. 

it should be a directx related issue but it's up to date also. still trying to find a solution. 

guys, anyone knows which code should i add to run it windowed mode? 

Edited by franchi

3 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Not sure that there were any major changes from the beta, so you may need to see what options are available on that screen

What do you mean? Theres no options available. You were able to see both teams ratings. Now its just a blank pitch. Game is unplayable at present. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, franchi said:

we have a new issue. at least "i" have. 

when i clich "launch" on fm 21 editor, it shows up on status bar, my screen trying to start something in full screen mode, it's turning fully black and one second later steam says it's running but it disappers from status bar. 

my windows is up to date. 

it should be a directx related issue but it's up to date also. still trying to find a solution. 

guys, anyone knows which code should i add to run it windowed mode? 

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2021 Editor -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --no_exclusive_fullscreen
- Click on OK, close the window and launch through Steam

10 dakika önce, Neil Brock said:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2021 Editor -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --no_exclusive_fullscreen
- Click on OK, close the window and launch through Steam

not worked yet but i'm trying to instal latest directx version manually. it looks up to date but i'm trting... 

2 minutes ago, garyrlawson said:

Cannot download editor. Located in US Houston and there’s no tools option or editor download option. I’ve tried changing my location and clearing cache but that hasn’t worked. Please help!

Have you tried restarting steam?

45 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Haven't the time to download the demo at the moment, is there still no reverse camera angle Dave

YES!! It's back!

That along with the change in lighting and contrast on the 3D engine are the biggest things I hoped they would update. Great work. Everything else is just scenery now. 

EDIT  - In fact, it's so much better now. Even small details like the clarity of the names above the players' heads and the brightness of the ball have all been improved massively. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

4 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Steam will automatically update from the beta- open the game and check the game version from there

It says I have 21.1 version but my game cant load anymore. (any of saves) 

I cant even change the langauge 

image.png

Edited by Bobek

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

I would close the game and steam and then try again- you have the full game if it is FM 21.1

Yeah I did. It must be bugged after the update. Cant load game and game is crasheing after chaneging language. ( it changed after I closed FM by f12)

image.thumb.png.519bb78b0c845626e4200d36c5436292.png

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Bobek said:

It says I have 21.1 version but my game cant load anymore. (any of saves) 

I cant even change the langauge 

image.png

You trying to run any custom editor data? Looks like the game could be corrupted so may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling. 

To be posting the same feedback in beta and release threads is very so immeasurably disappointing.

Major elements of skin are OK. Elements of the match day UI, including scorer face and assist name,are just so, an importantly, completely unjustifiably, bad. 

Very disappointed in SI mindse and approach, notwithstanding the excellent game. 

Hopefully, bring on good skins

Edited by Christmas

Just now, Neil Brock said:

You trying to run any custom editor data? Looks like the game could be corrupted so may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling. 

No , Its clear FM without anything more. Yeah I ll try uninstalling

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

YES!! It's back!

That along with the change in lighting and contrast on the 3D engine are the biggest things I hoped they would update. Great work. Everything else is just scenery now. 

EDIT  - In fact, it's so much better now. Even small details like the clarity of the names above the players' heads and the brightness of the ball have all been improved massively. 

Wonderful news. thanks Dave