how important are hidden attributes?

how important are hidden attributes in your opinion?
and which are the most important?
I have always tried to choose players with at least 12 in consistency and important games. am I right to discard excellent players (even phenomena) who have less than 12 in these two values?

how do you behave instead if a player has a good value in consistency and a low value in important games? and if he, on the other hand, has a high value in important games and a low value in consistency?

I think professionalism is also important for young people (to develop the full potential).
if I have the luxury of choosing I also look at ambition and pressure, even if I imagine that "pressure" does not matter much if all goes well.

I have heard that on FM21 the importance of these attributes has increased, in fact I am playing FM18 but I mean in general.
thank you

8 hours ago, lucazz said:

I have heard that on FM21 the importance of these attributes has increased

They've always been every bit as important as visible attributes.  Want someone with Messi like visible attributes, but inconsistent, gets injured and/or sent off all the time, can't handle pressure and doesn't like big matches?  Me neither.

Having said that it's always dangerous to view one or two attributes in isolation.  So he might be a little inconsistent and/or not the best at big matches but can that be made up for with his other attributes (hidden or otherwise)?  How does he perform for your club?  If you're scouting him, how does he perform for his current club?  How does he/would he fit into your tactical system?  Look at a player as a whole, not just his consistency or whatever.

50 minutes ago, timothyburger said:

Related question is how much you should avoid inconsistent young players (16, 17, 18) vs how much can you correct inconsistency?  I've read that you can improve consistency, but never seem to succeed in fixing that when actually playing.

As above, don't just look at a single attribute in isolation :thup:.

12 ore fa, timothyburger ha scritto:

Related question is how much you should avoid inconsistent young players (16, 17, 18) vs how much can you correct inconsistency?  I've read that you can improve consistency, but never seem to succeed in fixing that when actually playing.

if you see the hidden values, you also see the development potential and the forecast of development. in any case it does not seem to me that hidden values can grow so much.

_______

yes, I forgot about injuries. I also reject anyone who has inappropriate values in that entry.

11 ore fa, herne79 ha scritto:

Having said that it's always dangerous to view one or two attributes in isolation.  So he might be a little inconsistent and/or not the best at big matches but can that be made up for with his other attributes (hidden or otherwise)?  How does he perform for your club?  If you're scouting him, how does he perform for his current club?  How does he/would he fit into your tactical system?  Look at a player as a whole, not just his consistency or whatever.

As above, don't just look at a single attribute in isolation :thup:.

this is clear.

in any case, therefore, is it right to discard a Messi who, however, has low values in consistency and important games? Will he never have monstrous seasons?

I usually, as I said, reject these players and between a Maradona with 8 in consistency and important games and a Saviola with more than 12 in consistency and important games, I choose Saviola. (if you remember at the beginning of his career Saviola was compared to Maradona, I'm not saying that the comparison is right, it was just to give an example)

But sometimes I think it's exaggerated to discard certain players and that this could be a waste. that's why I asked for opinions.

also somewhere I read that very athletic players are less affected by low values in consistency.

and I wonder how much a 6 in important games can affect in if the other values are excellent.

Hidden attributes are quite important actually and can improve over time and through mentoring.

A good player though with low consistency will still most likely be better then a bad player with high consistency. Hey might not play to his full potential every game, but it might still be your best choice.

personally I take hidden attributes into account when I have two almost equal players. 

1 hour ago, CARRERA said:

Hidden attributes are quite important actually and can improve over time and through mentoring.

*Only two hidden attributes can improve slightly over time. Another two hidden attributes (and determination) can improve slightly through mentoring.

Edited by Baodan

6 hours ago, Baodan said:

*Only two hidden attributes can improve slightly over time. Another two hidden attributes (and determination) can improve slightly through mentoring.

Temperment, Adapabilty, Sportmanship, Loyalty, Pressure are some of the definite modifications i've had in reports from player mentoring. Both Positive and Negative.

Edited by plcarlos