The Researcher Interviews

• Administrators

Have you ever wondered where the player attributes, club data and stadium information in Football Manager come from? We are assisted by more than 1,000 researchers across the world who help put our database together but that wasn’t always the case. The research team started out quite small in the mid-1990s but has expanded almost exponentially since then. 

Our researchers are fans of the series, just like us, and many of them took on their roles because they were passionate about their clubs, domestic leagues and national football setups and they wanted to ensure they were represented accurately in the game. 

Indeed, many of those who have worked as researchers for Football Manager have moved into jobs in the footballing world as a result of their knowledge and commitment, so it can be a pathway to the job of your dreams. 

Below are five interviews conducted with some of our Head Researchers, giving you an insight into how they scout, rate and submit all the many different things you see in game.

Argentina Head Researcher Interview
Facundo Delgado is our Argentine head researcher, who has grown the role over the years to the point where he now oversees the efforts of a team of 60 scouts, as well as guiding an online community of roughly 13,000 fans.

Portugal Head Researchers Interview
Carlos Bessa and Bruno Luis have been contributing to our vast research team for a combined 16 years. 

Scotland Head Researcher Interview
Stuart Milne is our Scottish head researcher and he has been involved with FM for more than two decades, starting as an assistant researcher in 1997 before taking up his current role in 2000.

South Africa Head Researcher Interview
Rob Delport is our South African head researcher and he has been involved with FM for about a decade, attending hundreds of games and ensuring the maintenance of the data for the entire country, including that of the national team.

Switzerland Head Researcher Interview
Oliver Zesiger is our Swiss head researcher and he has been involved with FM for more than a decade. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2022 at 20:44, bigbeezer said:

What websites to the scouts etc use to determine team formations and line ups?

thanks

We go to the games! Each English team,  for example, has a volunteer researcher dedicated to them who is usually a season ticket holding fan and watches the team home and away as much as possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

When will Dreams FC in Ghana league be updated with Aziz Issah?  Hes the top scorer in the CAF Cup and hes not in the game database at all even after updates.  Its a huge gap in the database....    Good Interviews!

Am 10.4.2024 um 00:24 schrieb kowfoz1:

When will Dreams FC in Ghana league be updated with Aziz Issah?  Hes the top scorer in the CAF Cup and hes not in the game database at all even after updates.  Its a huge gap in the database....    Good Interviews!

It would be easier and more successful, if you raise this point in the database and research thread and provide the necessary data's to create this missing player.

• 1 month later...
On 15/04/2024 at 13:28, Fire_03 said:

It would be easier and more successful, if you raise this point in the database and research thread and provide the necessary data's to create this missing player.

looks as if in many cases sourced reports are ignored, i've found a few that date back years and haven't been addressed.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb cameosis:

looks as if in many cases sourced reports are ignored, i've found a few that date back years and haven't been addressed.

Show me those 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fire_03 said:

Show me those 

krunoslav banovčić is one such case, dating back to 2022 and no response to the original poster when he raised the issue, or to me when i did the same - solve it.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/krunoslav-banovcic/profil/trainer/117914

Edited by cameosis

Posted (edited)

The German Research had a big change during 2022 with 2 new Head Researcher. I can't see the original date, so it could be possible it was in the time when the change happened.

I will create this guy

Edited by Fire_03

4 hours ago, Fire_03 said:

The German Research had a big change during 2022 with 2 new Head Researcher. I can't see the original date, so it could be possible it was in the time when the change happened.

I will create this guy

cheers. 👍

the original post was from october 25, 2022, the posts are clickable, i had posted in the german data issues thread.

i had posted on may 21.

• 4 weeks later...