A Baker's Dozen Reunion - FM'21 signup

Season over, will work on posting updates this weekend. Our extended appearance in the French Cup delayed the start of the next season. Considering that the game wouldn't let us actually register a useable squad due to "citizenship issues" (requiring me to holiday the French Cup games), we did okay. So watch this space for the updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

slight delay in the upload/update - last weekend wasn't GOOD at our house, and now Steam's giving me Steam Cloud errors to uploads, but I'm working on it this weekend (when I'm not trying to blow off my fingers with fireworks.)

2 hours ago, corinthiano said:

Great first season! Do you expect to have any of the wonderkids left once they all turn 18?

Without spoilering anything (because I'm a couple seasons ahead of my posted updates) there are 3 (soon to be 2) left at club. They're being sniffed by the French leagues, but most of the offers have been insulting. One actually just signed a contract extension, but you know how binding those contracts are if France (or Portugal or Saudi Arabia or China) comes calling. 

9 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Neurf Lamas is looking like a beast.  What kind of role is he playing?

Primarily Target Man, although he seemed to be productive even as a DLF or F9. Heck with this team and the right tactic, he'd probably be able to play goalkeeper. 

• 2 weeks later...

De Beauharnais sets a Saint-Denis record for goals in a game with a full five fingers.

Say hello to the new boss...same as the old boss...

We're in the ACTUAL FRENCH CUP...playing a semi-pro team out of Tahiti.

And when you go to PLAY the French Cup game...you run into THIS:

(Note regarding the French Cup: a bug in the French Cup code ALLOWS teams from overseas territories to qualify for and play in the cup, but the territories are all marked as "foreign" despite them being French territories. Sports Interactive isn't going to fix it in FM 21, so all I can do is set an "ineligible" line-up and holiday a day and let the game sim it. Because we have very few French players (and no EU-eligible ones) and I'm not playing a game with greyed-out players.)

a hard-fought battle, I shall not speak lightly of Tahiti ever again.

• 4 weeks later...

Xavier Alden wins Gold Cup Keeper of the tournament

Le Guineen gets loaned to Chicago (MLS)

Oh, wait, forgot to mention Le Guineen was signed by Man Utd under 18s first...

the next African Cup of Nations qualifying starts with a brace by Garros

Marijo Cheezy gets his first cap for Martinique.

(just noticed that somehow we jumped from 2022 to 2023, need to figure out where I lost a year and whether or not anything that great happened, aside from Saint Denis winning everything and all the remaining "Dozen" move on. If not, I'll just keep running...

I was wondering how Le Guineen moved so quickly between Marseille, Man Utd and then Chicago! Makes sense now that you said you skipped a year. Did Le Guineen make any first team appearances at Marseille? MLS for a year is probably a good move, get some regular football in before trying to get into that Man Utd first team.