Do you disable the transfer window on your first season?

I did on my FM19 career with Spurs as I wanted the squads to be 'as they were' at the start of the season, but I didn't in FM20 as the transfer windows in Brazil are alot different (longer, plus 2 different types for domestic and foreign players), and I wasn't sure what windows would be disabled!

I suppose it's more realistic to disable the first transfer window, but I still have it enabled since I'm looking to make an impact straight away. I tried disabling it a few times but it ultimately felt like I postponed playing the game for real.

Nope. Right at the start of a game, during first transfer window... it's the best chance you have to implement your own playing style. And sometimes you'll need a few players you don't have available right off the bat. I also like to use this first transfer window to sign up talented young players and start preparing them for next season.

I usually do but have seen where the game starts you with a squad including not only the players who were there at the start of the season, but also players who transfered in during the January window.  A lot of players to work with, but also saddles you with too much salary and contractual add-ons.

• 1 month later...

I usually do disable transfers in first season. However, if I'm starting a save in a very low division, I enable transfers. Given that these are obscure clubs with unknown players, I don't think it "feels" unrealistic, and I can make a more immediate impact.

• 4 weeks later...

I always disable first transfer window activity, and NEVER sign any players on my first full season. I like to play a little realistic, I love signing players, so come second season it's a lot of fun, but I limit myself on number of signings.

A lot of people will boast about how they got a team from non league to Prem, but they sign a whole starting 11 every year, pathetic if you ask me, too easy.