Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Enjoyed your adventures with Jersey :thup:

Thanks for the time you took to share :cool:

Do you have plans for FM23?

20 hours ago, Punch said:

Congrats on an awesome save.

This was one of the first stories that I read on these forums, and inspired, and helped me to choose a team, learn how to study attributes, track improvements, and write about it here as well, so for that, I say thank you!

Best of luck with what ever is next, and I hope you find a save that is as fun in FM23, and share it with us of course.

:applause:

Thank you both! I am planning a save which is slightly less gruelling but equally interesting. I've started on the BETA, so I'm just going to see how things play out for the next week and then hopefully I'll be writing again! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh my word @Jtomsett11 - Just spent 3 glorious days dipping into this and making my way through this journey, all off the back of a new Macbook Pro arriving this week, and some fun early experiments with the Level 10 Database on FM24 so far. I mentioned in our "FM Support Group" whatsapp chat that Jersey Bulls looked interesting, and I've now seen it's a path well trodden!

Incredible writing (can see you're a teacher), incredible story, and just an awesome experience to read all of this. I was on hiatus from FM when you were doing this (which seems mad with lockdown being a great opportunity) but got back into it last year, and this stuff is so inspirational when you're looking to get a new save going.

I haven't event looked at your profile to see what you're up to now, but that's my next click - hoping for something equally as good to read, although I understand that a 2 year save probably isn't on the cards!!!

One thing I think it missed was a "where are they now", would love to have seen what Geddes ended up doing - what a phenomenal player he was at a crucial time for the club. It's a shame the Jersey born lads stopped coming through, but what a wild ride!!!

Thanks so much dude! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2024 at 17:35, jonathanclaire said:

Oh my word @Jtomsett11 - Just spent 3 glorious days dipping into this and making my way through this journey, all off the back of a new Macbook Pro arriving this week, and some fun early experiments with the Level 10 Database on FM24 so far. I mentioned in our "FM Support Group" whatsapp chat that Jersey Bulls looked interesting, and I've now seen it's a path well trodden!

Incredible writing (can see you're a teacher), incredible story, and just an awesome experience to read all of this. I was on hiatus from FM when you were doing this (which seems mad with lockdown being a great opportunity) but got back into it last year, and this stuff is so inspirational when you're looking to get a new save going.

I haven't event looked at your profile to see what you're up to now, but that's my next click - hoping for something equally as good to read, although I understand that a 2 year save probably isn't on the cards!!!

One thing I think it missed was a "where are they now", would love to have seen what Geddes ended up doing - what a phenomenal player he was at a crucial time for the club. It's a shame the Jersey born lads stopped coming through, but what a wild ride!!!

Thanks so much dude! 

Thanks @jonathanclaire, really appreciate the kind words! It was such an epic journey for me and one of the most enjoyable saves I've ever done. I'll load it up next time I report on my current save (I less ambitious Deportivo save as game time and posting time seems to get squished every year - that's teaching and having kids for you!!).

From what I remember, Geddes had a fine run at Rangers. I think the lack of Jersey born lads was one of the reasons I fell out of love with the save as it lost its uniqueness for me.