Looking for a league with end of season playoffs to decide title winner

Hi everyone, 

Im looking for a league where everything effectively comes down to the last game of the season (big NBA and MLB fan so that kind of idea where the season is played out to determine seedings then it all comes down to 1 game/series at the end to crown the winner)

I’ve done saves in the MLS but was wondering if there are any other leagues in the game where this kind of format exists? 

16 hours ago, RealSmokePL said:

If you're looking for a league in Europe the only one I can think of is the San Marinese league, you'd need to download or create it yourself though. 

I play on the iPad (FMT) so wouldn’t be able to get this to work.

10 hours ago, s0ni42 said:

Colombia

I think we have a winner. Just had a look at the league on FM20 and it looks perfect! Thank you.

5 hours ago, Baodan said:

Seems like a less optimal way of crowning a champion. Probably why I can't recall any league that does it like that.

Compared to how traditional football structure has always worked yes. For people like me who think the NBA playoffs are amazing (as a UK fan I’m waking up at 0300 to watch the Suns games!) it is a way of making the end of season important and entertaining every single year. 

Having played CM/FM for over 20 years, I have always stayed in the comfort of European football and MLS but I fancy something different. Going to give Colombia a try. 

43 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Having played CM/FM for over 20 years, I have always stayed in the comfort of European football and MLS but I fancy something different. Going to give Colombia a try. 

Same here. Basically only ever managed in England or Scotland. When FM20 came out I wanted to do something different. Chose Brazil and loving every minute so far.

2 hours ago, Peter Morgan said:

Same here. Basically only ever managed in England or Scotland. When FM20 came out I wanted to do something different. Chose Brazil and loving every minute so far.

What’s Brazil like to manage in? Never been there myself in game but have read that there’s a lot of games each season.

22 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

What’s Brazil like to manage in? Never been there myself in game but have read that there’s a lot of games each season.

Yes I believe there can be alot of games once you start qualifying for continental competitions. I'm in Serie B at the moment so it's not as bad. The state championships make it a very unique career. I would recommend it to anyone.

Colombia is great fun. So much cheap talent, good Colombian staff options at every level. There’s actually two seasons per calendar year both with playoffs. Good continental soccer as well

Columbian second tier is great too if you wanted to start off a little lower.  The league system is pretty complicated but it comes down to a grand final with the winners promoted. 

The loser of that final gets a second chance however against the next best placed league team in another grand final type thing.