Why USA league starts one year later in my edit?

Champol

Hi, I have a strange problem I still don't know if it's my fault or if it's something hardcoded:

I've been doing a masive edit upon the original database of FM21 to add a lot of custom leagues, teams and continental cups, taking advantage of the advanced rules (which let you add rules for many nations and competitions in one editor file). In my case I edited the original leagues and rules from different North American nations.

After a lot of work everything was ready, and I started a test game at 27/Jan/2020. All my custom leagues were working, but the one for USA didn't start until 2021.

This is weird, because I edited all the nations to start season at January and end at December (in fact, I coppied the rules for all these nations), I don't know why this happens. Any clue I might have missed? Is there something hardcoded that prevents USA to start before July 2020? Any recommendation?

I'll attach some screenshots. Thank you very much! ^^

imagen.png.b2b33e5c53338d2aa5d01fb95ee00af6.png 

imagen.png.98ab8efa50dced30466b626fe8fe7589.png

imagen.png.c3c43050cc3a9825c61b52edd58bf4ad.png

imagen.png.e7071553ac49a2a49642236925744359.png

imagen.png

Edited by Champol

In general you can override that via edits. The US season usually has two startdates, in this game it would have been the 2020 one and the 2021 one, so I think they have indeed hardcoded this.

I think it's hard coded this year but there is another tab where this is set. I don't have FM21 but in earlier version if was called Start Dates under Nation. 

14 hours ago, Fredrik said:

I think it's hard coded this year but there is another tab where this is set. I don't have FM21 but in earlier version if was called Start Dates under Nation. 

Oh, thanks for the info!
I found the section you are talking about. Tomorrow I will mess with it to see if I can manage it to start in 2020, and I'll post my results.
Cheers!

I didn't manage to make it work. I tried with every option available in the Start Dates tab, though it wasn't easy to understand what each of the options was for.
But nothing fixed the issue, so I just moved all my teams and competitions from USA to another North American country and now it works, hehe.

Edited by Champol