How to stop low capacity stadia being chosen for continental cup finals

\'Appy \'Ammer

Hi folks, I have a headache! @Wolf_pdhas reignited a flame inside me to get the old school European competitions into my game. I have downloaded the Fm20 uefa revival by @Carlito85 and am amending his file 49.

So far, I have successfully removed replays and changed who qualifies for the uefa super cup to replicate the 80s. What I'm not happy with is the allocation of the stadiums for the European Cup final, European Super Cup, and the European Cup Winners' Cup final. 

I have sorted out the uefa Cup final to be 2 legs and at each home ground of the teams involved. 

In testing I am getting some finals being played at grounds that have less than 30,000 capacity. I have set the minimum to be 50,000 (Euro Cup) , 45,000 (ECWC) and above 30,000 for the super cup. I've had finals in Limerick and Dundalk with less than 20,000, 6,000 and I even had a N Ireland non league ground used with a capacity of 600!

I have chosen 'host nations' to hold finals. I've compiled a list of about 24 countries to randomly hold finals, and have set a 3 year limit of not holding a final again. However it's not working the way I planned. For example Azerbaijan is a country I have chosen, trying to get Baku to host a final. But the ground it is picking is not the one I'm seeing in the euros on TV with a 60,000+ capacity. Same with Budapest in Hungary. As I've said Ireland held 2 finals in Dundalk and Limerick. Not exactly what I was planning. Ireland has the Aviva stadium which would hold a final but it's not picking it. 

Another thing I've failed to do is to stop Murrayfield in Scotland holding a final. I ticked the box to say do not hold a continental cup at this venue, but it still is. 

Sorry I've gone on there but I think you get my gist. I'm having problems with these stadiums being right. Can anyone advise me. It really is doing my head in!

Sounds familiar ;) I had the same issue for a while. I fixed things by setting a limit and setting the final stadiums as a row. Probably already checked the AltHis IntCCompE Build V0.00024 file?

Sorry about that kitchen fire, hope the flame isn't too hot

:D

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Sounds familiar ;) I had the same issue for a while. I fixed things by setting a limit and setting the final stadiums as a row. Probably already checked the AltHis IntCCompE Build V0.00024 file?

Sorry about that kitchen fire, hope the flame isn't too hot

:D

Just took some headache tablets!

I had seen your file before and looked at it again. This time I pretty much copied what you had done, and made Ireland as the next year for the European Cup. Unfortunately it is using Thomond Park in Limerick (ID 15016744), for the next venue.  I have set the seating capacity and minimum capacity to 50,000. This stadium holds 28,500. I just don't get it.

Thomond Park is not associated to any team, but can play continental matches including the club world cup! Out of interest I looked up Limerick FC, and they play at Markets Field (ID 52077077). Under the competitions tab in the overview section within the game, it can host the FIFA Club World Cup, and the UEFA Cup FInal. wtf?? It has a capacity of 3,200!!!!

I'm walking away from this for now before my brain caves in!

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer
more info

9 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

It might be that I have removed Ireland for that exact reason, hoping for Aviva and not getting it.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I think the editor could do with a bit of an overhaul in terms of being user friendly. It has done my head in today! 

I'll pitch in with an unhelpful comment, which as usual, goes along the lines of "I have had the same problem and can we please pester SI to fix the bugs associated with stadiums?!"

I came across similar issues trying to set a host nation/pool of host nations and stadiums to hold the Club World Cup, but the game just ignored many of the rules set.

The good thing is your issue only applies to a single match, the final, rather than a whole competition. there are therefore several things you can try:

Firstly, try setting the 'fixture dates' stadium to either "Ask competition Neutral" or "Stadium 0". This is the first place your game will look at to decide what stadium to hold a match in. 

image.thumb.png.910f445e06d32f1df5e5b3a80db25bfa.png

Then in stadium rules either set the game to pick any stadium with over 30000 capacity, or set individual potential posts one by one. With 'restrict neutral stadiums to pool' any 'ask competition neutral' fixture should pick from this list. Even without that ticked, any 'stadium 0' fixture should pick the team at the top of this list. With 'randomise stadiums' on, this list changes order each year giving you a different host.

You can tick 'ignore stadiums' here but in my experience that doesn't work.

image.thumb.png.4d464a3a4e70fda53803ec33e05f6d7d.png

In 'Host nations' test having 'host nations' and 'possible host nations' ticked, but in my experience actually listing nations manually doesnt tend to work.  

Finally within the Final stage, check under Round defaults, offset dates (should be unticked for a final) and Final round > general to see what stadium is set. I got some invaluable advice on here once which was along the lines of "if you're not sure, leave unticked". People often overdevelop their advanced rules by trying to fiill in every box, but that can confuse the game. For example, you could set a different stadium in round defaults, within the round, within the fixture dates and within the stadium pool and the game wouldnt know which to use, so I tend to set all stadiums in Fixture rules as above and leave the rounds themselves empty, as below:

image.thumb.png.8620971bc453cc70d04638fa7a98fa27.png