Match 51 THE FINAL: Italy vs England - 8pm Sunday BBC1 AND ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, CFuller said:

What do you get when Alessandro Nesta and Andrés Iniesta have a secret lovechild?

Also, Kate Moss is a footballing legend.

Robbie Keane stands out more to me in that list than Kate Moss, how's he wangled getting his name on there?! :D 

7 minutes ago, VP. said:

hC6cE5Ow?format=png&name=900x900

Wonder how many people are going to be late getting into the ground because they've had to fight through all the thousands that haven't got tickets but turned up anyway?

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Robbie Keane stands out more to me in that list than Kate Moss, how's he wangled getting his name on there?! :D 

I don't know, but apparently he's been a big England and/or Italy fan since he was a boy.

Just now, Weezer said:

Wonder how many people are going to be late getting into the ground because they've had to fight through all the thousands that haven't got tickets but turned up anyway?

Gonna make the negative COVID test stipulation pretty meaningless too :D

19 minutes ago, Lermon said:

hope England fans are prepared for a loss as well as a win! Too much 'it's coming home!'

I swear this happens every tournament. People just don't understand what the song is about and why England fans say "It's Coming Home"

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Gonna make the negative COVID test stipulation pretty meaningless too :D

Also I'm not sure I'd want to shout "I need to get through, I've got tickets" when trying to push through thousands of lairy, desperate England fans. Good chance you won't still have your tickets before you get to the other end :D 

Just now, ajw10 said:

I swear this happens every tournament. People just don't understand what the song is about and why England fans say "It's Coming Home"

Yes, but this time it's actually coming home.

7 minutes ago, decapitated said:

As Twlldun said this isn't exactly reading the room.

It's Turning Point UK, I would t read much into it.

Also "It's Coming Home" used to be with a bit of irony but I don't think it is now.

7 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

I just hope any groups of Italian fans trying to get near the ground are treated respectfully 

Looks like they’re letting the Italy fans in nice and early but yeah, they still have actually get there. 

4 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

the least I can do after my team is already eliminated :D

Seriously though, I'm curious what the situation is like in Italy. I don't believe the hype would be this over the top there !?

We haven't made a final in 55 years though? Why would you compare the two?

Just now, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Seriously though, I'm curious what the situation is like in Italy. I don't believe the hype would be this over the top there !?

I don’t think it would be here if we weren’t at home. But England clearly has a culture that is more ready to drink in the streets at 11am than elsewhere :cool:

1 minute ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Probably not, because it's all relative. Italy have reached two Euro finals and won a World Cup this century. England haven't reached a single final since 1966

This is like an FA Cup Final where Italy are someone like Manchester United and England are a West Ham.

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

I don’t think it would be here if we weren’t at home. But England clearly has a culture that is more ready to drink in the streets at 11am than elsewhere :cool:

You've obviously never been to any ex-communist countries.

Just now, Mr Adam said:

Italy haven’t in 21 years tbh 

Edited by GunmaN1905