help with stadium name change

dannyrefc

please help me before i tear my hair out. my club has just built a new stadium , as per the name as awful so id like to change it via a lnc file.

i cant create an lnc from the db/db created on 9.1.4.0 or something / inc / all ... it just saves as a txt doc when i create a text document no option for notepad here.

if i create an lnc file from notepad and save it to the relevant db folder it works, but the name change does not show up or work. i cant see what im doing wrong, using the correct wording and i,e “STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE” ???? “??????” “” , it saves as an lnc but nothing.... can anyone help me out am i doing this wrong? does it not work if i create it from notepad and save to the folder do i have to create from within the folder? if so how do i get an lnc file , thanks

Have you activated the lnc-file in the game? It's not enough to create the file. 

EDIT: I don't really follow how you can sometimes create a file and sometimes not, though. Wouldn't you always use notepad? 

Edited by Fredrik

2 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Have you activated the lnc-file in the game? It's not enough to create the file. 

EDIT: I don't really follow how you can sometimes create a file and sometimes not, though. Wouldn't you always use notepad? 

how do i activate the inc? i just have the usual things in interface ticked/unticked?

haha if i right click whilst in the folder and select ''create new > text document'' and save ''.lnc'' it saves as a txt. but i can create one in notepad and save it as normal , but nothing changes stadium name wise in game still the generated one , im not too sure what i have done wrong haha thanks

1 hour ago, dannyrefc said:

how do i activate the inc? i just have the usual things in interface ticked/unticked?

haha if i right click whilst in the folder and select ''create new > text document'' and save ''.lnc'' it saves as a txt. but i can create one in notepad and save it as normal , but nothing changes stadium name wise in game still the generated one , im not too sure what i have done wrong haha thanks

Ok, it just feels strange to create files this way. 

Have you tried using the editor instead? It feels like that may be the easier solution. Is there a particular reason why you're not using that one?