[Discussion] xPts

kokafalasi

Hi.

I find the xPts stats in the Seasonal performance analyst report extremely helpful. I think it would add a lot of value if it was something that was accessible for playable leagues at anytime during the season (similar to xG for and against).

Thanks!

I don't. I think xG is a way better reflection of what happened in the game than other stats (shots/shots on target) and xPts helps you realise how much better/worse off any team is vs points one would expect them to get from the games they played.

• Abdullah Patel changed the title to [Discussion] xPts
  • 1 month later...
On 06/08/2021 at 18:43, MasterKano said:

they serve little purpose other than to invite "non-footballing" people into the sport and for people who gamble

I guess I don't understand this part because those stats already exist in football and some of us want them in the game as well.

We can't influence what happens irl

3 hours ago, DarJ said:

I guess I don't understand this part because those stats already exist in football and some of us want them in the game as well.

We can't influence what happens irl

It's expanding the level of statistics that adds nothing, or very little, to the game and serves zero purpose for the majority of players.

For me the "core" statistics are more than enough to analyse and act on rather than having unneeded further detail.

The expansion of statistics within football serves little purpose in actual football that the eye cannot see.

Also note, just with respects to football manager, it takes up valuable development time which takes them (the developers) away from parts of the game that're valuable and need fixing/expanding that the majority of the players of the game can enjoy without being bombarded with aspects of the game that are not needed.

• 1 month later...
On 23/10/2021 at 01:46, kokafalasi said:

Hey,

Just a bump to ask if this is now available somewhere in the Data Hub? Not been able to find it so far.

Thanks!

There is an option to look at xpts in the data hub. To access it, you need to:

1. Click 'Data Hub'
2. Click 'Team'
3. Click 'Ask For'
4. Click the Drop Down Button next to search bar
5. Hover over 'xG Table', followed by 'this season' and then click 'xG Table' which will then allow you to see xpts (3rd column).

Hope this helps.

XPTS 1.png

XPTS 2.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jaceiondalen said:

It's expanding the level of statistics that adds nothing, or very little, to the game and serves zero purpose for the majority of players.

For me it does in game as well as in real life football.

I can see where to improve certain things (tactic, players, team instructions and many more).

Edited by fc.cadoni

• SI Staff

Given that you have got the information in game now for how to view the xPoints we wouldn't consider this to be requesting something new at this time. However, we are always welcoming feedback on aspects such as this in general discussion and if there are any subsequent features you have in mind now that you know its there feel free to make further suggestions for review.