[Discussion] Dribbling

OleGunnarSolscharl

So this isn't a feature request but is a suggestion to improve an existing area of the game - dribble volume. Lots of roles, especially attacking ones, have the hard coded PI "dribble more", and plenty of played have PPMs like "Runs with ball often", "Likes to beat man repeatedly" etc, however the total number of dribbles completed is just ludicrously low. Now I'm not sure if this is just an issue with what is defined as a "dribble" in the game or if the match engine doesn't allow them to happen frequently enough, but it does deter me from signing dribbly wingers because, what's the point if they won't dribble? I'm almost at the end of 1st season, the highest dribbles/90 for the PL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1, respectively, are as follows: 1.79 (Lamptey) 1.00 (Sancho) , 1.09 (Messi!!!), 0.92 (Augello), 1.17 (Neymar!!!).

As I said I'm not sure what the cause of the issue is as I don't watch the games in full, my feeling from the highlights i see is that some things I'd count as a dribble maybe don't count as that by the games definition? I'd like it to match up to real life, so you could have someone like Saint-Maximin or Traore at their best completing 15 dribbles in a game and just destroying defenders. It's a small issue but fixing it would make a big difference to how I played the game I think. 

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

Hey @OleGunnarSolscharl appreciate you taking the time to raise this one. If you're finding that there are a lack of these showing in stats that is something we would investigate from a bugs perspective rather than a feature request. Obviously there's FM22 now but if you're still finding the same issue feel free to raise it in our bugs session and we can investigate this further.