Sacked! Just wondering what's the shortest time you've lasted at a club?

I'm on a 5 game losing streak with Witton and perched in the relegation places 7 points from safety. My board are still in "waiting to see" mode as I've only been in charge of 6 games. They've got a media prediction of 10th. I'll probably get sacked before the next transfer window (over a month away). 

Just wondering what is the shortest managerial spell you've had at a club before getting the chop?

Sydney FC, around 3 months. They had 4 or 5 headcoaches fired after 90-120 days each, so I was like... let's go there and see what's all that about :D They had crap team and abnormal expectations combined with zero patience. Worst than Zamparini. 

If we count resignations, than around one month. Got pissed off when board sold best player, not on the last day but on the last second of transfer market.

I think it was FM15, I got sacked after 3 games as manager of Seattle in the MLS.

I came in with 3 games remaining in the season - 2 in the league, one in a cup competition.  Won 2 out of the 3 (one of the league games was lost) but got sacked due to the league position being below expectations, which seemed a bit unfair but there you go.

Well chaps I think I'm on my way out of Witton. 11 games in a row without winning (stretching back to before I took over) with one of the worst squads I've ever seen. I've lost 7 in a row in the league even though I'm dominating games. I've now moved to "Slightly disappointed with your performance" in the board room. I'm only 9 points adrift at the bottom :D

I feel like the game is working against me. A few games ago, I smashed FC Utd 5-0 in the league. Then the game crashed as I was saving it. I reloaded (luckily I employ a separate save system - lifesaver!) and drew 1-1. Then it crashed again. I ended up losing that game 2-1 and surprise the game didn't crash. A couple of games later I played Buxton away and took a 1-0 lead. This time my device decided to crash on me and restart just before half time. You guessed it, I lost the reloaded game 2-0. I guess the footballing Gods want Witton relegated 

Edited by mightypvfc

6 minutes ago, mightypvfc said:

Well chaps I think I'm on my way out of Witton. 11 games in a row without winning (stretching back to before I took over) with one of the worst squads I've ever seen. I've lost 7 in a row in the league even though I'm dominating games. I've now moved to "Slightly disappointed with your performance" in the board room. I'm only 9 points adrift at the bottom :D

I feel like the game is working against me. A few games ago, I smashed FC Utd 5-0 in the league. Then the game crashed as I was saving it. I reloaded (luckily I employ a separate save system - lifesaver!) and drew 1-1. Then it crashed again. I ended up losing that game 2-1 and surprise the game didn't crash. A couple of games later I played Buxton away and took a 1-0 lead. This time my device decided to crash on me and restart just before half time. You guessed it, I lost the reloaded game 2-0. I guess the footballing Gods want Witton relegated 

Such bad luck lol

11 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

i give you credit for not save scumming. A run like that would have a lot of people here claiming the game is fixed against them. 

19 hours ago, Platinum said:

Such bad luck lol

It was bad luck for the SI employee who read my crash report I tell you. Some very colourful French was typed that day :D

@wazzaflow10 thanks, I just tell myself that this is a huge game so things will break down on rare occasions. We've just got to get on with it and enjoy it. Also, if I reloaded until I got another 5-0 victory I'd be waiting until Christmas. It's just one of those things. Besides, only 2 of those crashes were the fault of the game. 

Btw, I'm moving closer to the sack. Just gone out of the FA Trophy at the first round against East Grinstead. Another game where I had superior XG but still lost. I kind of lost it at half time and destroyed my teams morale. Also picked a fight with a CB or is shocking but I have to play because of a lack of depth. It's funny, when you're up against it even in a game, you feel pressure to put it right and make rash decisions. Great game.

Edited by mightypvfc