I wish FM would focus on having their basics working before adding more features

I actually cant understand how something like this goes wrong.

They ask for agreed playing time, I match agreed playing time and the promise somehow is not fulfilled.

Very tiring  spending time on saves to see these constant issues of features that should be fm bread and butter.

20211006091719_1.jpg

20211006091712_1.jpg

20211006091729_1.jpg

20211006092352_1.jpg

Edited by jere_d

From this we cannot tell how many games they started during the period you promised them more game time, and how many games you played in general. So it is hard to advise you if this is something you can try to do differently to avoid making players unhappy, or if it is a potential bug. 

How many games were played, how many did each player start? 

How can you have Erling Haaland complaining about game time? Doesn't he become one of the best strikers in the game? Surely you'd be playing him week in, week out. His status is 'alienated', you only ever get that if a player's hardly played. Think a bit more context is needed here. 

I think the complaint here is that the screenshots show that each player is getting what they were promised under “Agreed Playing time” in their “Actual Playing time”. So that would indicate that their promise should be met.

For me though, I don’t use that as the gauge of whether a promise will be met, I usually track the progress though the promises tab.

On 06/10/2021 at 11:40, gunner86 said:

I think the complaint here is that the screenshots show that each player is getting what they were promised under “Agreed Playing time” in their “Actual Playing time”. So that would indicate that their promise should be met.

For me though, I don’t use that as the gauge of whether a promise will be met, I usually track the progress though the promises tab.

Tbh I did this and it was all green 2 weeks before so i rested them both for a week since i had a big game coming up against man u.

But yes this is the complaint

On 06/10/2021 at 11:13, Dagenham_Dave said:

How can you have Erling Haaland complaining about game time? Doesn't he become one of the best strikers in the game? Surely you'd be playing him week in, week out. His status is 'alienated', you only ever get that if a player's hardly played. Think a bit more context is needed here. 

He obviously plays most games for him to have the star player playing time being met  :rolleyes:

Anyways the Haaland complaint was made on the 18/05 He started the last 2 matches of the season. Missed the community shield against Man u as he just returned from injury and his fatigue was on amber

See his form I think he's missed 4 games out of 14

Promise ended on the 9th of October

20211006135031_1.jpg

20211006133554_1.jpg

20211006133545_1.jpg

Edited by jere_d

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

An important player needs to be playing in 80%+ games.

If he's missed 4 out of 14 he's only played about 70%. For that reason the promise hasn't been kept. 

Do you mind Listing all the percentages for the player roles.

Star player is 90% i assume

Its silly that so much contrasting information is in the game

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Tbh. I don’t see a problem. There is a option play through injuries for a reason.

I just didnt want to risk injuring him further

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Believe it's roughly as follows:

Star = 90%+
Important = 75-80%+
Squad = 50-60%

37 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Yea, it’s the risk/reward effect. I try not to give players injections but sometimes a situation calls for it.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Is this games or minutes played from available?

It's a combination, but starts will mean a bit more to the player. 

In the instance above Haaland being subbed so often after around 60-70 minutes wouldn't have helped, but by itself wouldn't have been enough to cause an issue. 

16 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

No offence but this kind of information should be available somewhere, FM is a video game after all, not knowing what things are and why/how stuff works is why there are so many frustrated FM players.

Like for example what does trait "Likes to beat man repeatedly " actually does? In game it says the player cuts back after dribbling and then dribbles again. I have never seen this in the ME.

BUT in the online FM manual on this website it says player will dribble no matter how many opponent players are in front of him.

This is just one example, there are milion things that we don't know and only select people have figure out and only they can truly enjoy the game (the tactical gurus like Rashid etc).

I don't have time to sit in front of the screen for days/months to figure out what every tactical instruction actually does in the ME. I should be able to read about it somewhere.

I totally agree. One thing I can say, that might hep you learn about the game, start a save with the editor enabled & have some fun with it. Give every player in your team the "likes to beat man repeatedly" PPM & just watch & see what it does. You can read all the theory you want on the game but until you see it for yourself, it's just theory. Currently using it for Eccentricity for keepers, the theory says it should make your keeper come out of his box more to get involved in play & do things out of the ordinary. It doesn't :lol:

• Administrators
1 hour ago, FM1000 said:

No offence but this kind of information should be available somewhere, FM is a video game after all, not knowing what things are and why/how stuff works is why there are so many frustrated FM players.

Like for example what does trait "Likes to beat man repeatedly " actually does? In game it says the player cuts back after dribbling and then dribbles again. I have never seen this in the ME.

BUT in the online FM manual on this website it says player will dribble no matter how many opponent players are in front of him.

This is just one example, there are milion things that we don't know and only select people have figure out and only they can truly enjoy the game (the tactical gurus like Rashid etc).

I don't have time to sit in front of the screen for days/months to figure out what every tactical instruction actually does in the ME. I should be able to read about it somewhere.

We've made it much simpler to follow by having the Actual Playing Time and Agreed Playing Time appear in game. 

The rest of it follows real life logic - if a player starts more games and completes more minutes they'll be happier that their playing time is being agreed to. 

We agree there are areas we can inform more on and that's something we're doing more of via The Byline on the FM website and via aspects within the game itself. 

Some aspects however, you need to learn yourself by experience and trial and error like any real life football manager would. 

30 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've made it much simpler to follow by having the Actual Playing Time and Agreed Playing Time appear in game. 

The rest of it follows real life logic - if a player starts more games and completes more minutes they'll be happier that their playing time is being agreed to. 

We agree there are areas we can inform more on and that's something we're doing more of via The Byline on the FM website and via aspects within the game itself. 

Some aspects however, you need to learn yourself by experience and trial and error like any real life football manager would. 

But in this specific case Neil it’s not helped, and that’s the OP’s problem. From the actual playing time, it’s not unreasonable to assume the promise was kept, but instead he’s ended up with 2 unhappy players.

Edited by gunner86

5 hours ago, gunner86 said:

But in this specific case Neil it’s not helped, and that’s the OP’s problem. From the actual playing time, it’s not unreasonable to assume the promise was kept, but instead he’s ended up with 2 unhappy players.

I’m assuming it was triggered by the last 5 matches. Those expectations (last/next 5 matches) probably weren’t reached due to being rotated and injured.

There is:

Actual Playing time

Agreed Playing time

Expectations

If that specific player wasn’t treated as a “Important Player” in those last 5 matches then the complaint makes sense.

7 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I’m assuming it was triggered by the last 5 matches. Those expectations (last/next 5 matches) probably weren’t reached due to being rotated and injured.

There is:

Actual Playing time

Agreed Playing time

Expectations

If that specific player wasn’t treated as a “Important Player” in those last 5 matches then the complaint makes sense.

All true, don’t disagree at all, it’s just that the game doesn’t present that in the best way.

Like I said, I always manage promise through the promises screen, but the fact that there is information in other screens that can appear contradictory (even though in this case it’s actually, like you pointed out, different information) doesn’t help anyone.

I think we can all agree that the promises module can be a challenge at the best of times, stuff like this just adds layers of confusion.

Edited by gunner86

15 hours ago, gunner86 said:

But I don’t think the OP has played the players as much as they want hence why they are unhappy. Haaland has been hooked after an hour in all games he’s started apart from 3 where he’s played 90mins and 3 where he’s been dropped/rested.

so he has started a lot of games so he actual and agreed playing time has just about been met if you use Neils %s above, however Haalands issue says he’s still unhappy with the amount of TIME he’s playing. He hardly gets to finish a game.

The game can’t and shouldn’t spell everything out for the player, there needs to be some man management for players individual needs and wants.

1 hour ago, Grifty said:

But I don’t think the OP has played the players as much as they want hence why they are unhappy. Haaland has been hooked after an hour in all games he’s started apart from 3 where he’s played 90mins and 3 where he’s been dropped/rested.

so he has started a lot of games so he actual and agreed playing time has just about been met if you use Neils %s above, however Haalands issue says he’s still unhappy with the amount of TIME he’s playing. He hardly gets to finish a game.

The game can’t and shouldn’t spell everything out for the player, there needs to be some man management for players individual needs and wants.

But again, the game is saying he’s getting the playing time of a Star Player, the highest possible level of playing time available, and in line with the players contract. It’s not unreasonable when the game tells you this to assume that you’re meeting the needs.

It’s not that the game isn’t telling him he’s not playing him enough, it’s actively telling him that it is.

I’m not disagreeing that in this instance, the promise hasn’t been met, I’m just saying that the screen appearing to say he’s getting the right amount of playing time doesn’t help.

Edited by gunner86

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

But again, the game is saying he’s getting the playing time of a Star Player, the highest possible level of playing time available, and in line with the players contract. It’s not unreasonable when the game tells you this to assume that you’re meeting the needs.

It’s not that the game isn’t telling him he’s not playing him enough, it’s actively telling him that it is.

I’m not disagreeing that in this instance, the promise hasn’t been met, I’m just saying that the screen appearing to say he’s getting the right amount of playing time doesn’t help.

Sorry I was looking at Gravenberch thinking it was Haaland being the important player.

I guess similar can be drawn though. Haaland is starting 90% of games? Possibly, so that may mean the star player is being met. But he’s only playing 70mins and that’s what he’s unhappy about?

32 minutes ago, Grifty said:

Sorry I was looking at Gravenberch thinking it was Haaland being the important player.

I guess similar can be drawn though. Haaland is starting 90% of games? Possibly, so that may mean the star player is being met. But he’s only playing 70mins and that’s what he’s unhappy about?

Possibly, or as @Mars_Blackmon pointed out above, the timeframes for the promise and the actual playing time are different.

@Mars_Blackmon

It says hes played 8 games within in the 8 matches he's played there's been 3 games he's been dropped for so it doesn't make sense

6 hours ago, Grifty said:

Ok but the issue is the game is telling me I'm giving him enough football. should i then think hmmmmmmm I know better than the game lets ignore the information.

As for the 70 min he get tired quick so he gets subbed it doesnt make sense risking players

17 minutes ago, jere_d said:

@Mars_Blackmon

It says hes played 8 games within in the 8 matches he's played there's been 3 games he's been dropped for so it doesn't make sense

Ok but the issue is the game is telling me I'm giving him enough football. should i then think hmmmmmmm I know better than the game lets ignore the information.

As for the 70 min he get tired quick so he gets subbed it doesnt make sense risking players

No, not ignore the information, however you have asked why Haaland is unhappy according he has started 9 out of 13 games, but only played 90 minutes in 3 of them.

I have suggested that while his contract/playing time notification has been fulfilled, Haaland himself is unhappy with being subbed at 70 mins the majority of games, regardless if he is tired or not.

In real life according to https://www.infogol.net/en/player/erling-haaland/27207, he averages 97 mins per match (I presume this includes injury time).

All I have suggested is that perhaps he doesn't like being subbed every game. No need to get so defensive and sarcastic.

I haven’t read every message here, but does level of competition come in to play here? If I’m A Champions League team and I don’t start my star player in the League Cup, is he going to get angry? Seems like that could be the issue here.

Edited by Harper

12 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Subbing a player at 70 minutes isn’t sending him a message that’s he’s a star player no matter his stamina levels. Risk is apart of the game. You decided not to risk his health but now you upset him in doing so. Part of your job is man management.

Tbf actual man management of these situations involves things which aren't possible in FM, like telling a player he's been substituted to keep him fit for the midweek game, or asking the player why on earth they'd think not playing in the first round of a cup or when half fit against weak opposition meant they weren't considered the star the team was built around...

10 hours ago, Harper said:

I haven’t read every message here, but does level of competition come in to play here? If I’m A Champions League team and I don’t start my star player in the League Cup, is he going to get angry? Seems like that could be the issue here.

Yeah, type of match definitely matters. A PL or CL match would be considered much more important than the League Cup.

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

Tbf actual man management of these situations involves things which aren't possible in FM, like telling a player he's been substituted to keep him fit for the midweek game, or asking the player why on earth they'd think not playing in the first round of a cup or when half fit against weak opposition meant they weren't considered the star the team was built around...

I don't think any kind of man management in real life would help you from the wrath of your star player if you sub him after 60-70 minutes every game, they barely accept that happening once! :lol:

2 hours ago, enigmatic said:

You can do that when you talk with players. You can talk about resting them for a game or play certain amount of minutes.

i don’t think low rep competitions really have an effect on playing time though. I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Simple solution would be that I can give the player being subbed off a little talk. I can give a pep talk to the player going on, why not a little message for the player coming off. We often see a player being subbed off get a handshake, pat on the back, and a little chat from the manager. But sometimes, we also see an angry player blow by the manager or sullen player walk with his head down.

On 07/10/2021 at 08:37, gunner86 said:

23 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Possibly, or as @Mars_Blackmon pointed out above, the timeframes for the promise and the actual playing time are different.

17 hours ago, Grifty said:

No, not ignore the information, however you have asked why Haaland is unhappy according he has started 9 out of 13 games, but only played 90 minutes in 3 of them.

I have suggested that while his contract/playing time notification has been fulfilled, Haaland himself is unhappy with being subbed at 70 mins the majority of games, regardless if he is tired or not.

In real life according to https://www.infogol.net/en/player/erling-haaland/27207, he averages 97 mins per match (I presume this includes injury time).

All I have suggested is that perhaps he doesn't like being subbed every game. No need to get so defensive and sarcastic.

There are at least a few areas where information could be presented to help me, the manager, to understand the player's expectations, if I take the time to read it. And I'm not talking hover tips or info buttons.

1. Contract Negotiations
    • When making the initial promise, the agent panel could perhaps be more descriptive on the promise's page
      • "Player expects to start every important game he's available for."
        • Important being related to the board's expectations (Semi-finals/Finals excluded)
      •  
  2. Match Commentary
    • There should be some indication of a player's mood and interaction with the manager as he is taken off.
      • Visible displays: clapping the fans, surprise/confusion at seeing his number on the board, angry face, shaking his head, head hanging, ignoring manager's handshake
  3. In-match interaction
    • As said above: be able to give a talk to player(s) coming off the pitch. Similar to congratulations for an award: gestures of extending for a handshake, patting on the back, going in for a bro-hug.
      • If a player refuses the handshake or hug and blows past you 😬. Opportunity to say something, maybe you blow smoke up his ass and tell him he was brilliant and it's just precluding injury or maybe you're honest and tell him you wanted to see something different or he wasn't following tactical instructions.
  4. Social Media Feeds
    • After a match, there could by comments in the social media:
      • "Haaland did not look happy when he was subbed off in the 70th minute. #StormsComing"
      • "Did you see Haaland just ignore Harper after being substituted so early? #TroubleInParadise"
    • I could be off-base, but the in-game social media seems to be all fluff and nothing of importance. If there are nuggets of information in there that help you identify a problem earlier and prevent a direct confrontation, maybe the feature of the game will get more attention.
      • Nip it in the bud. Horticulture Baby!
    • Between matches: "Sources close to Erling Haaland suggest he is not happy with his manager's in-game management or overall squad rotation/management"
    • It's just social media, do you trust it? Is it click-bait or is a legit complaint. 🤷‍♂️  Proceed with caution! ⚠️ 
  5. Media
    • Simple press post-match press conference questions:
      • "Can you explain the substitution of Erling Haaland in the 70'?"
      • "This is the third game in four where Haaland has been taken substituted. Is there a reason he's not playing a full 90'?"
        • Answers:
          • He's not up to full fitness
          • He's nursing an injury
          • We're playing it safe so he's available for the next match
          • He's performed brilliantly in these games and wanted to change to a more defensive/controlling/protective tactic and see out the match.
          • et al
    • Maybe it's a rehash of what you said to the player in the team talk, maybe you say something contrary and opens up a can of worms. But that it is being discussed would be a trigger a thought, "hmm, subbing this guy off early generates a lot of buzz."
      • You told the player it was to give him a rest, but you told the press it was a tactical shakeup.
        • Bad, mixed messaging and your star player always thinks he's good enough to be the solution
      • You told the player it was because he wasn't playing well, but you told the press it was to give him a rest
        • Good, you're honest with the player, he may not like it, but the fact that you didn't make it public shows him you respect him
    • I think the only time I see a media question about substitutions was because I subbed on a player then subbed him off later (usually an injury in the first 10' and he was tired after 80')
  6. Agent Interactions
    • If things really get out of hand, the agent, depending on his personality, could be ringing up you or your DoF, could be leaking info to the press (related back to social media), or you might see an influx of offers for the player because the agent is offering his client to other clubs.

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

You can do that when you talk with players. You can talk about resting them for a game or play certain amount of minutes.

i don’t think low rep competitions really have an effect on playing time though. I could be wrong.

Sure, but you can only do it in advance, in a specified conversation format apparently programmed by someone with a background in combat simulation! And you're telling them they're tired and need a rest (which they often aren't) not talking about managing fitness through a busy period, or maybe the dead rubber against the team from Azerbaijan not being an unmissable Champions League glamour tie

I'm talking about saying "the game's won, they were hacking you, you're too important not to have fit again in midweek" or even asking players their opinion, versus the player not reacting at all to a substitution but being furious two weeks later because it turns out he's managed a weighted average of 78.6% of minutes rather than the secretly desired level of 81%

Low rep competitions apparently have an effect, although it's weighted towards higher priority ones. By competition rep rather than by the fact the opposition is in the fifth tier or you've already qualified for the knockouts afaik.

1 hour ago, Harper said:

Simple solution would be that I can give the player being subbed off a little talk. I can give a pep talk to the player going on, why not a little message for the player coming off. We often see a player being subbed off get a handshake, pat on the back, and a little chat from the manager. But sometimes, we also see an angry player blow by the manager or sullen player walk with his head down.

There are at least a few areas where information could be presented to help me, the manager, to understand the player's expectations, if I take the time to read it. And I'm not talking hover tips or info buttons.

1. Contract Negotiations
    • When making the initial promise, the agent panel could perhaps be more descriptive on the promise's page
      • "Player expects to start every important game he's available for."
        • Important being related to the board's expectations (Semi-finals/Finals excluded)
      •  
  2. Match Commentary
    • There should be some indication of a player's mood and interaction with the manager as he is taken off.
      • Visible displays: clapping the fans, surprise/confusion at seeing his number on the board, angry face, shaking his head, head hanging, ignoring manager's handshake
  3. In-match interaction
    • As said above: be able to give a talk to player(s) coming off the pitch. Similar to congratulations for an award: gestures of extending for a handshake, patting on the back, going in for a bro-hug.
      • If a player refuses the handshake or hug and blows past you 😬. Opportunity to say something, maybe you blow smoke up his ass and tell him he was brilliant and it's just precluding injury or maybe you're honest and tell him you wanted to see something different or he wasn't following tactical instructions.
  4. Social Media Feeds
    • After a match, there could by comments in the social media:
      • "Haaland did not look happy when he was subbed off in the 70th minute. #StormsComing"
      • "Did you see Haaland just ignore Harper after being substituted so early? #TroubleInParadise"
    • I could be off-base, but the in-game social media seems to be all fluff and nothing of importance. If there are nuggets of information in there that help you identify a problem earlier and prevent a direct confrontation, maybe the feature of the game will get more attention.
      • Nip it in the bud. Horticulture Baby!
    • Between matches: "Sources close to Erling Haaland suggest he is not happy with his manager's in-game management or overall squad rotation/management"
    • It's just social media, do you trust it? Is it click-bait or is a legit complaint. 🤷‍♂️  Proceed with caution! ⚠️ 
  5. Media
    • Simple press post-match press conference questions:
      • "Can you explain the substitution of Erling Haaland in the 70'?"
      • "This is the third game in four where Haaland has been taken substituted. Is there a reason he's not playing a full 90'?"
        • Answers:
          • He's not up to full fitness
          • He's nursing an injury
          • We're playing it safe so he's available for the next match
          • He's performed brilliantly in these games and wanted to change to a more defensive/controlling/protective tactic and see out the match.
          • et al
    • Maybe it's a rehash of what you said to the player in the team talk, maybe you say something contrary and opens up a can of worms. But that it is being discussed would be a trigger a thought, "hmm, subbing this guy off early generates a lot of buzz."
      • You told the player it was to give him a rest, but you told the press it was a tactical shakeup.
        • Bad, mixed messaging and your star player always thinks he's good enough to be the solution
      • You told the player it was because he wasn't playing well, but you told the press it was to give him a rest
        • Good, you're honest with the player, he may not like it, but the fact that you didn't make it public shows him you respect him
    • I think the only time I see a media question about substitutions was because I subbed on a player then subbed him off later (usually an injury in the first 10' and he was tired after 80')
  6. Agent Interactions
    • If things really get out of hand, the agent, depending on his personality, could be ringing up you or your DoF, could be leaking info to the press (related back to social media), or you might see an influx of offers for the player because the agent is offering his client to other clubs.

Definitely worth copy+pasting this into the feature requests forum. Completely agree with your suggestions.

I have sympathy for the developers at SI maybe because of my engineering background, I know building things from the ground up is difficult and takes time and because we don't know what it takes we think it's easy. For example, people that expect a new match engine every year. The match engine is the foundation of everything and you can't just change it every year because it has a knock-on effect on many other things. There is no way they are going to start building a new one until they feel like they've done everything they can with the current one.

I know some is going to say “but it's their job”. The fact that it's their job doesn't make it any easier

Edited by DarJ

6 hours ago, enigmatic said:

I'm talking about saying "the game's won, they were hacking you, you're too important not to have fit again in midweek" or even asking players their opinion, versus the player not reacting at all to a substitution but being furious two weeks later because it turns out he's managed a weighted average of 78.6% of minutes rather than the secretly desired level of 81%

You should be able to do that from the team talk screen at the end of the match, if you select the individual option there should be at least one option similar to what you want.

Whilst a couple of versions back there was an option to give a player a team talk as you subbed him off but it was removed for some reason.

On 07/10/2021 at 20:52, Grifty said:

On 07/10/2021 at 21:28, Mars_Blackmon said:

Subbing a player at 70 minutes isn’t sending him a message that’s he’s a star player no matter his stamina levels. Risk is apart of the game. You decided not to risk his health but now you upset him in doing so. Part of your job is man management.

TBH when he started complaining i was playing him every other game. I like to rotate keep everyone's fitness and minutes health. So playing him this much was a huge upgrade.

SO keeping that in mind and seeing "Star Player" actual playing time in his happiness makes sense in my mind.

On 08/10/2021 at 21:18, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You should be able to do that from the team talk screen at the end of the match, if you select the individual option there should be at least one option similar to what you want.

Whilst a couple of versions back there was an option to give a player a team talk as you subbed him off but it was removed for some reason.

This is true, but unlike real life I'm not sure whether the "you deserved a breather" team talk has any effect on game time expectations (and expect not)

This argument that the game shouldn't spell everything out for you is an interesting one, but in this case, it's flawed. The game has a player profile screen telling you that the player is getting the playing time he expects to get. The game has another player promises screen telling you the player is not getting the playing time he expects to get. It doesn't take a genius to see that when two screens contradict each other, this is flawed design. Either you change one screen, or you change the other screen, in order to achieve consistency. It doesn't matter that each screen has a different purpose. It doesn't matter that each screen was created to be different, with good intentions behind the differences. What matters is that the two screens, by contradicting each other, have lost the user-friendly factor. When the OP posts something that does not make sense, the reaction should not be, "Well, this was done with good intentions, so let's just leave it the way it is."

If you think there is some information that a manager needs to learn on their own, that's one thing. But posting inaccurate information is a whole other thing, and I do not know why anyone would think that it is okay to post bad information and make the manager figure out that it is bad information. Either give the manager good information or don't give the information at all. The OP just pointed out an issue that should clearly be looked at in FM moving forward. I don't know what anyone has to gain by not acknowledging that.

5 hours ago, WizbaII said:

This argument that the game shouldn't spell everything out for you is an interesting one, but in this case, it's flawed. The game has a player profile screen telling you that the player is getting the playing time he expects to get. The game has another player promises screen telling you the player is not getting the playing time he expects to get. It doesn't take a genius to see that when two screens contradict each other, this is flawed design. Either you change one screen, or you change the other screen, in order to achieve consistency. It doesn't matter that each screen has a different purpose. It doesn't matter that each screen was created to be different, with good intentions behind the differences. What matters is that the two screens, by contradicting each other, have lost the user-friendly factor. When the OP posts something that does not make sense, the reaction should not be, "Well, this was done with good intentions, so let's just leave it the way it is."

If you think there is some information that a manager needs to learn on their own, that's one thing. But posting inaccurate information is a whole other thing, and I do not know why anyone would think that it is okay to post bad information and make the manager figure out that it is bad information. Either give the manager good information or don't give the information at all. The OP just pointed out an issue that should clearly be looked at in FM moving forward. I don't know what anyone has to gain by not acknowledging that.

It was discovered that the player wasn’t getting his expected playing time in the last 5 games which is also spelled out in the profile that says expected playing time in the next 5 games…

BTW that includes starts and minutes played.

If the player profile screen says that the player is getting the expected game time, and then you have to go post on the forums in order to "discover" that this is actually false and the player is not getting the expected playing time, then that's a problem that SI should fix. If the player expectations are based on 5 games while the player promises are based on something other than those same 5 games, then that's something SI should address, not because it's wrong, but because it's not user-friendly.

Edited by WizbaII
Clarification

54 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

If the player profile screen says that the player is getting the expected game time, and then you have to go post on the forums in order to "discover" that this is actually false and the player is not getting the expected playing time, then that's a problem that SI should fix. If the player expectations are based on 5 games while the player promises are based on something other than those same 5 games, then that's something SI should address, not because it's wrong, but because it's not user-friendly.

Idk, it’s spelled out there in the profile screen. Only way you can missed that if you don’t read. However, the actual playing time could be confusing because that isn’t necessarily calculated by the current season but the past season as well…I agree that this is confusing.

But maybe with the new staff meetings, you’ll get reminded.