Major Changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond Blog

2 hours ago, santy001 said:

From what I can see the original post isn't mentioning anything about its longer term future. If there's a part about that quote it and there might be something specific that can be addressed with a bit more clarity for you.

I'm not being sarcastic/awkward, even though I know it'll seem like it, but:

"Major Changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond"

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Malicious Penguin said:

I'm not being sarcastic/awkward, even though I know it'll seem like it, but:

"Major Changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond"

That's fine, but there aren't ever really specific details released for any future FM's. I half expect it's been worded that way so that it doesn't just come across as being for FM22 only and that it would be back for FM23. 

A shame. FMT 19 got me back into the FM universe after being away for eight years, the increasing media intersections was too bloating for my liking so I turned away.

I understand why SI are doing this but it still cuts deep, I don’t have the time to play full fat FM nowadays.

Without a laptop, no FMT on iPad, I’m out of the FM universe. And no, I don’t want another subscription to pay just for one game, and the switch version and FMM do not interest me.

Fortunately I’m enjoying a fantastic save with Lechia on FMT 21, so there’s that.

2 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Really a sad day for me.

I've been playing FMT on IPAD/Android since 2015 and was, untill now, my number one game choice.

So sad that, from this day on, my only option on tablets will be FM Mobile that as nothing to do with the realism that FMT gave us.

At least is there any way to make available some sort of data uptade (transfers uptade) for the android/IOS version of FMT21? Or make a app that allow us to make some sort of data changes? @Neil Brock

Anyway, apreciate the honesty by @Miles Jacobson. It's a purely comercial decision, and the it's probably the wise one. Also apreciate that they decided to make the announcement so early.

This is nothing personal against you or any other user here.

BUT WHAT HONESTY?

Seriously, what kind of honesty are we talking about? The one who spent years saying that they are committed to FMT, when users clearly stated the demise of FMT last year, or the year previous of that one or the one before. Or the honesty saying that they want to bring the editor to FMT for the last 9 years, as they were expecting for the technology to catch up? What is the exactly the honesty are we talking about?

Edited by grade

6 minutes ago, grade said:

This is nothing personal against you or any other user here.

BUT WHAT HONESTY?

Seriously, what kind of honesty are we talking about? The one who spent years saying that they are committed to FMT, when users clearly stated the demise of FMT last year, or the year previous of that one or the one before. Or the honesty saying that they want to bring the editor to FMT for the last 9 years, as they were expecting for the technology to catch up? What is the exactly the honesty are we talking about?

Look, I understand your frustration, because I'm feeling too. 

When I say that the communicate from Miles is honest, it's because I think that they could claim many excuses to stop with FMT. But no, they were clear by saying that its a simple equation of money spend making the game vs money received selling the game. 

I'm just talking about today's communicate, simple as that. 

I imagine that FMT, like the mobile game, are side projects that were released with the assumption that they could get enough profits to continue their development. It seems that FMT, at least for the Android, IOS and PC doesn't sell enough. 

The honesty has come in the reasons they've taken the decision. 

Can't really conflate the aspect of women's football with FM Touch, the development costs/time and QA are going to be very different. Not to mention women's football being implemented is at its early stages, its development costs and time at this time would presumably be much smaller. Then there's the whole fact about how those working on bringing women's football to the game have nothing to do with the allocation of resources for FMT as they'd be completely different staff.

2 minutos atrás, santy001 disse:

A honestidade veio nas razões pelas quais eles tomaram a decisão. 

Não é possível combinar o aspecto do futebol feminino com o FM Touch, os custos / tempo de desenvolvimento e o controle de qualidade serão muito diferentes. Sem mencionar que o futebol feminino que está sendo implementado está em seus estágios iniciais, seus custos de desenvolvimento e tempo neste momento seriam provavelmente muito menores. Depois, há todo o fato de que aqueles que estão trabalhando para trazer o futebol feminino para o jogo não têm nada a ver com a alocação de recursos para o FMT, pois seriam equipes completamente diferentes.

Just do the following, leave FM Touch as a game mode as it used to be on the pc and turn Touch into the mobile version.

2 minutes ago, bluman said:

Just do the following, leave FM Touch as a game mode as it used to be on the pc and turn Touch into the mobile version.

The decision has been made regarding FM22. Let's see how things go in the future. :thup:

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The decision has been made regarding FM22. Let's see how things go in the future. :thup:

if you think they will back down on this decision. FMT is dead once and for all.

if I'm wrong, I will be happy that I'm wrong, but I doubt I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, Robocat said:

Bringing in women's football to FM (I'm a woman myself before anyone jumps on me for sexism!) despite it not being profitable, but doing it for inclusion reasons...

... but then disposing of FM touch on the PC which was ideal for people like me who have been playing since the early 90s, and are now in their late 30s and have other commitments which limits their playing time, because of business reasons. 

Absolutely no correlation between the two. I can promise you that the team that is working on Women's football has minimal, if not no overlap with the team that was on FM Touch

7 minutos atrás, HUNT3R disse:

A decisão foi tomada em relação ao FM22. Vamos ver como as coisas vão no futuro. : thup:

I won't wait any longer, get my hopes up for it.  I had been waiting for a custom database option for the FMT and now I was taken aback by the announcement of the end of the FMT.  It's frustrating to see what's new for FM22 and know that I won't be playing.

19 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Absolutely no correlation between the two. I can promise you that the team that is working on Women's football has minimal, if not no overlap with the team that was on FM Touch

I'm making the point that they have made two decisions that seem contradictory to each other imo. I'm not saying the staff switched roles or such.

I think getting rid of touch is a big mistake. It appealed to a particular demographic; people that can't spend more than 7 hours a week playing the game but still want an immersive experience and can make progress through the seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Robocat said:

I'm making the point that they have made two decisions that seem contradictory to each other imo. I'm not saying the staff switched roles or such.

I think getting rid of touch is a big mistake. It appealed to a particular demographic; people that can't spend more than 7 hours a week playing the game but still want an immersive experience and can make progress through the seasons. 

I'm sure Sports Interactive will have figures that support their decision. Even publicly available figures from steamdb show it. I'll imagine there just isn't the userbase to justify whatever costs and general investments Touch requires. It's a shame for the Touch contingent, but that's businesses for you.

image.png.ea297508e632eafb7b4404471222c783.png

image.png.83ef23b7adc34d74df115bc3772c2631.png

Source: https://steamdb.info/graph/?compare=1263850,1263860&release

41 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

Tenho certeza de que a Sports Interactive terá números que apóiam sua decisão. Mesmo números publicamente disponíveis do Steamdb mostram isso. Imagino que simplesmente não haja uma base de usuários para justificar quaisquer custos e investimentos gerais que o Touch exige. É uma pena para o contingente Touch, mas isso é negócio para você.

Fonte:  https://steamdb.info/graph/?compare=1263850,1263860&release

But what about tablet data? why didn't they leave as before, that Touch was a game mode that was included with the full version? Is everything important in this life the money? after more than 12 years playing FM, today I say goodbye. Exchange off.

I'm glad I played FMT last year, otherwise I would have regretted not trying it out. I really enjoyed but it was clear the devs didn't pay it enough attention because there were several bugs that were never addressed and were fixed in the full version.

Sorry to hear this news. Have been playing fm for a long time, Started back in the Championship manager days. Switched to touch version when it launched and haven't looked back since. It's a better version for me personally as i no longer have the time to dedicate to the full version. So sadly this will end my long standing run with fm. Thanks for the years of enjoyment.

5 hours ago, Chris391971 said:

How about FM22 on very high end tablets? I think the M1 iPad Pro would be to handle it.

You would need it to support Steam or Epic Games platforms. However, I did a bit of checking and it seems like just because something could work on an apple M1 laptop it wouldn't also apply to the tablet. 

It is a shame as I play touch on PC and iPad but maybe it was the tablets that were holding back the development of the match engine graphics so hopefully that will now improve a lot. Cant see me buying any version of FM  this year and I definitely won’t be subscribing to a streaming thing to play on the ipad. Time to set up a new save on FM21 and keep that going for as long as possible…

10 hours ago, Loren1983 said:

Very very sad news. Have you thought about giving us an editor to keep FMT updated? It would be a great gift for those of us who today have this great disappointment.:(

I think the biggest issue would be that even if this were feasible, after November SI wouldn't be allowed to distribute it.

Well I guess it is a good job for me that I am back enjoying FMC 15.

This is sad news but not so surprising as there has been very little love given to classic/touch PC version in recent years anyway.

I won't be buying FM22, I don't want Xbox Edition, I don't want a the junk of full fat either.

So it's older versions for me then.

This decision, and in particulary regarding the end of the android/ios version, just seems to me a little bit strange in the timming.

If they took this path 2 years ago, i would find it much more reasonable, because the tablet market, in particulary the android tablet, was dead.

But this year, we have seen many high-end tablets arriving to the market, at a very interesting price, like the new Xiaomi, or the Lenovo Padpro, that could give acess to the game to more players.

I'm absolutely clueless about this, so hoping someone can help me out. 

The game pass app on the Samsung store has an option of purchasing games. Would that mean I'd only need to subscribe to game pass for one month, to be able to buy and download the game? 

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

I'm absolutely clueless about this, so hoping someone can help me out. 

The game pass app on the Samsung store has an option of purchasing games. Would that mean I'd only need to subscribe to game pass for one month, to be able to buy and download the game? 

No, you would need to subscribe and continually subscribe to have access to play the game via Game Pass. 

21 hours ago, santy001 said:

Gamepass is a monthly fee so it could be worth looking into it a bit more before deciding which way you want to go about it. You get quite a lot of games outside of FM even with the PC version of game pass though.

So, since I don't have an Xbox and never used that Gamepass I looked it up to understand that option and maybe give a quick understanding for others here.

For me,

1) the Xbox version of the game through the Microsoft Store would cost EUR 39.99.

2) the Gamepass for PC only would cost EUR 1 for the first month and thereafter EUR 9.99. The ultimate Gamepass (I assume that is for both PC and Console) costs EUR 12.99 per month.

Perhaps someone who uses Gamepass can clarify if you play the game for 2 months, then decide, I don't have time and cancel the subscription and then 5 months later again subscribe if you keep the game saves (will it download to your PC folder as the Steam version does?).

Also, since I did not play the Xbox version, I am not sure if the experience is more akin to the Switch/Tablet version or more close to the FMT on PC or something in between?

44 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

No, you would need to subscribe and continually subscribe to have access to play the game via Game Pass. 

Ah OK thanks. I'll just leave it then. It's overly stupid, to subscribe for just one game 

32 minutes ago, tyro said:

So, since I don't have an Xbox and never used that Gamepass I looked it up to understand that option and maybe give a quick understanding for others here.

For me,

1) the Xbox version of the game through the Microsoft Store would cost EUR 39.99.

2) the Gamepass for PC only would cost EUR 1 for the first month and thereafter EUR 9.99. The ultimate Gamepass (I assume that is for both PC and Console) costs EUR 12.99 per month.

Perhaps someone who uses Gamepass can clarify if you play the game for 2 months, then decide, I don't have time and cancel the subscription and then 5 months later again subscribe if you keep the game saves (will it download to your PC folder as the Steam version does?).

Also, since I did not play the Xbox version, I am not sure if the experience is more akin to the Switch/Tablet version or more close to the FMT on PC or something in between?

So, let's say you only play FMT in PC.

The cost, per year, would be 1€+9.99€x11... plus the price of the game (39.99)? So.... €150.88 :herman:

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

The cost, per year, would be 1€+9.99€x11... plus the price of the game (39.99)? So.... €150.88 :herman:

You don't buy the game in addition to the subscription. The entire library of Game Pass would be available to you upon subscription (that are compatible with your device/system). 

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

You don't buy the game in addition to the subscription. The entire library of Game Pass would be available to you upon subscription (that are compatible with your device/system). 

Ok, thks @Neil Brock,

But still, for someone that only plays FMT in a Android Tablet, going from 20€ (i think that was the cost for the android version) to 110€/year is a huge difference.

And on top of that, i'll lose the mobilbity that the tablet would give me.

I understant SI position, but to be honest i don't think that the alternatives that are presented are appealing, at least for me.

I am extremely disapppointed with this news, FM Touch on PC was the only form I played and I have zero interest in subscribing to GamePass and paying a monthly fee just for one game. The news is really annoying as about a month ago one of the SI Staff stated that FM Touch was going nowhere and now for me it's dead. I have been a loyal customer since 00/01

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

3 minutes ago, Chesters86 said:

I am extremely disapppointed with this news, FM Touch on PC was the only form I played and I have zero interest in subscribing to GamePass and paying a monthly fee just for one game. The news is really annoying as about a month ago one of the SI Staff stated that FM Touch was going nowhere and now for me it's dead. I have been a loyal customer since 00/01

Sorry to clarify on PC. you can buy the Xbox Edition from Windows Store which is a one-off fee then yours to keep without any kind of subscription. 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

So how would I get the game pass on iPad if apple don’t support Xbox games ? Does this mean I’d have to buy an Android tablet just to play the game? 

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/about-cloud-gaming

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Will It be touch enabled? Or do I have to have a mouse an keyboard, I didn’t realise but I’ve got Xbox ultimate on my EE Samsung phone, for 24 months. Will save the browser now, quite looking forward to release now 

Gutted, this wil lbe the first year i won't be able to play football manager since the release of the first championship manager. I don't like the mobile version and i dont really want to pay £12/month for an xbox subscription

@freakydancin as it's been mentioned above you don't have to pay monthly subscription as you can buy the game from Microsoft Store instead. I have never used it but looking at it it's not much different from buying via Steam.

Having said that I'm personally leaning towards trying out the full FM demo when it comes and delegating whatever possible to see how it plays before making decision whether/what to buy.

14 minutes ago, right_winger said:

@freakydancin as it's been mentioned above you don't have to pay monthly subscription as you can buy the game from Microsoft Store instead. I have never used it but looking at it it's not much different from buying via Steam.

Having said that I'm personally leaning towards trying out the full FM demo when it comes and delegating whatever possible to see how it plays before making decision whether/what to buy.

It would for me unfortunately. I'm a tablet player not a PC player. My only option now is the mobile version, which I try nearly every year, but I just don't get a buzz from it 

20 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I'm sure Sports Interactive will have figures that support their decision. Even publicly available figures from steamdb show it. I'll imagine there just isn't the userbase to justify whatever costs and general investments Touch requires. It's a shame for the Touch contingent, but that's businesses for you.

Source: https://steamdb.info/graph/?compare=1263850,1263860&release

That's only on Steam though right? Touch on Google Play sold over 10k copies. 

Well SI Games have certainly pulled the wool over the loyal FMT players eyes. FMT will only be out for the Nintendo Switch now and only letting people know now after the loyal players have paid good money for the full fat game to get FMT free. Shocking way to treat us. It will certainly be the last year I buy your agame again.

hace 9 horas, Neil Brock dijo:

Sorry to clarify on PC. you can buy the Xbox Edition from Windows Store which is a one-off fee then yours to keep without any kind of subscription. 

Thanks for clearing that up, however it seems like it isn't going to be the same FM Touch/Classic that I have been used to since it was launched as an alternative to the full game. I think a lot of FM Touch players feel hard done by considering the previous posts from SI employees saying that this version wasn't going anywhere and then this news was dropped. It seems like people already knew, they just didn't want to say it.

I don't think I'll be buying the Xbox Version for PC, and I'm sure I won't be the only one. Which is a massive shame as there is no alternative to FM Touch.

Sad news as I have very fond memories of FMC13, but also not surprising. Rebranding Classic to Touch was the first sign it was already on its way out. To me personally, Touch always sounded like as if it was more basic and barebones than it actually was and SI never seemed to succeed (or tried hard enough, whatever you wanna call it) in taking away that reputation.

From a business standpoint I completely understand, but from a player standpoint I can't help but to be disappointed.