*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Jibby123 said:

:thup: Good to know, it's for this reason I was waiting until full release so could try the demo before deciding to buy or not. 

I wouldn't take my experience as proof that it's fixed for everyone but so far i haven't seen even a slight stutter in gameplay. I hope this continues into the final version on 9th November, if so i'll be one happy customer. 

8 hours ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

Firstly, I think someone at SI has an eyebrow fetish.

Also, in my save, I've had no competition prize money in two seasons playing in the championship

There is no prize money in the championship. You get a central dispersement at the end of the season its around 5.8 million pounds.

So, they said that gegenpress is not overpowered anymore? I played the 1st season with Newcastle and had an atrocious season. Tried a few systems and formations , couldn't buy a win for the life of me. Every game, I was outplayed, couldn't control any games. So I was thinking, what am I doing wrong? I am using tactics I've used for years and they worked more often then not. And then , what was in common with every system I created? I didn't have pressing set to maximum because of all the talk about fitness etc.. So I went and just put pressing to maximum and what happened? All of a sudden my team started actually dominating games, creating chances and scoring goals. Last 5 games, 4 wins and a draw against ManCity. So, pressing set to max is still a must if you ask me.

The only thing that truly bothers me so far in the beta is the fact that cross & inshallah is the meta and that any central play from the playmakers is pretty much non-existant. 

Any chances that do come from central play is usually a long ball from the back or deeper-lying midfield, who suddenly turn into Pirlo once a game. 

All goals against are of the same nature: crosses and Pirlo balls behind the defenders

7 hours ago, owenFM99 said:

It may just be me, but at the start of a save game it feels like an awful lot of youngsters (players with unset determination in general) are generating with low determination. In previous iterations there would be a few players that would start with low determination, but this year feels like at least half of my youth squad have < 10 determination. I just feel like the distribution of determinations of players in youth squads (with unset determination) is very low when I would say most players on the game have a determination of above 10. I know determination can be increased but it's just a bit frustrating when half of your youth team has lower determination than pretty much all my first team. For example, this is the arsenal u18's at the start of a game.

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 02.15.12.png

If you're in doubt, always best to report, easiest way to have feedback from developers / getting things fixed in case it was wrong.
If it's works as designed, they tell you as well... they will in any case be better to answer then most of the members in this topic

ME feels like another step back.

FM21 seemed a huge step up from the previous version, with the inclusion of central play and other tweaks. Sure, it wasn't without fault but was the most enjoyable ME for a while.

FM22 in beta form feels off. If you aren't pressing full on, the pressing feels off and doesn't match what you're asking them to do with lines of engagement. The balanced tactics from previous versions don't really seem to work and putting everyone attack seems to automatically work, which again shouldn't be the case. I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this but I find without everyone on attack players aren't stretching the pitch and it just becomes a tight cluster in the middle, with the CB's even running past midfielders with the ball often, just leaving such an odd shape in possession. 

I appreciate this is the beta so hopefully the changes will be made for the full release!

I do not agree with the opinions that there is too little game through the middle. Maybe there are actually more goals after crosses but I have already seen actions in the middle that I have not seen at all in FM21. The overall number of crosses in my case also decreased compared to FM21. I really like this match engine.

12 hours ago, CLS said:

Only problem is if SI intend to promote multiplayer with this Versus mode. God knows what happens if both teams use that tactic!

That tactic wouldn't work against another player because it's easy to exploit it's weaknesses

11 hours ago, Kloppy said:

Not sure if I am correct, but in the champions league i'm sure you can make up to 5 subs per game yet in game my max is 3?

Yes it's 5 subs in 3 different instances. So if you make your first sub and remove just one player then you make your second sub and remove just one, with your last sub you need to remove 3 players because if you don't that's all your substitution gone 

One thing I have noticed a lot is centre backs rushing forward dribbling the ball past midfield right into the attacking zones, these are granted, bpd on a high press, high line but still.. Seems too often? 

Being away from fm for a few years now so this is a big change for me, fm18 was the last time I truly sank my teeth into a fm game due to family illness but I don't think I'm enjoying fm22 upto this point.. I think the gui feels off, it almost feels a step back to something like fm15 gui just without the skins - not so much the way it looks but the way it operates and feels, I felt fm18 was far more polished in terms of the gui and display etc. 

5 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Yes it's 5 subs in 3 different instances. So if you make your first sub and remove just one player then you make your second sub and remove just one, with your last sub you need to remove 3 players because if you don't that's all your substitution gone 

Just to confirm:

Five or six substitutionsChanges to the number of substitutions which each team can make during a match, which were enforced ahead of the knockout stage during the coronavirus pandemic in July 2020, will remain in place for this edition of the tournament. Up to a maximum of six subs can be used in one match, depending on the stage of the competition. Under Article 41.04 of the regulations, UEFA explain: “Up to five of the substitutes listed on each team’s match sheet may take part in the match. Exceptionally, a sixth substitute listed on the match sheet may take part in knockout matches exclusively during extra time. Each team may use a maximum of three stoppages in play to make substitutions (one additional stoppage in extra-time can be used). Substitutions made before the start of the match, during half-time, between the end of normal playing time and extra time, and at half-time during extra time do not reduce the number of stoppages in play that can be used. A player who has been substituted may take no further part in the match”.

An example of how stupidly overpowered 'Float crosses', tall strikers and 'cross more often' is. Majority of those shots are headers. You can stick any tall, technically inept striker in there as a TM or Poacher and they'll get chance after chance. Especially in a 3 striker formation with quick wingers/wing backs. Look at the headers/headers won :D

Guido Carillo (who is rubbish, just a tall lump)

0dd3f4a72c16d27a60e056957c701c88.png

Poulsen:

a554ec52a602c967c4228e38fff18fce.png

Calvert-Lewin:

7dae1cbe1d4edaec1098cbe07663c014.png

Wilson (who can't even jump or head really):

2fab277913e5031e1fbdbb0dfa90e2d7.png

Edited by harrycarrie

19 hours ago, Platinum said:

Central play has been great in the game, even better than FM21. Definitively the best match engine ive seen, Ive had multiple chances created through the centre of the pitch with a 4-4-2.

Also for people that might be struggling with that, Im not doing anything special but do remember that if both your right back and left back are wngbacks and you play with wingers, then expect them to create lots of your chances as thats literally there role.

Frankly I am struggling with 442 and I still make experiments. It might be my players not really suited for this 

Now about my 2 cents about the new game, I played like half of season so here are about new game engine, which seem to have some issues compared with FM21

- pressing seem too effective; if you wanna play a regroup tactic or not choosing any, you'll have problems even with weaker clubs. 

- attacking  or very attacking seem overpowered; if you play balanced you will most likely lose.

- some choices of players seem odd, I had a striker in near the box kicking the ball back to the left defender which was only passing over the half line although there were a lot of players around. 

- CBs go up way too much, I am talking about CB on defend, not a BPD which is even worse, got up all the time

- central midfielder, even playmakers (DLP, regista etc, both strata) don't get balls, they're non-existant. I did not tried AP (both strata) because all my AMs have good shooting so I don't want to restrict them from trying long shots

-  Inside forwards play like wingers and generally it seems players do not respond to all PIs, especially the cut inside one

- game seem laggy at some points even on a very good PC compared with FM22

- the UI colors seem too dark, FM21 felt a lot "friendlier" (but this might be just a matter of taste)

1 hour ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Changed my training to something way lighter, lowered the intensity of the tactic a good deal. First 1 game and a half, 4 injuries, 2 wing backs.

How many more before we can accept that this needs tweaking?

Sans titre-1.png

It doesn't need tweaking imo, you've just come off the back of a bad training schedule so no suprise if your players are still in bad condition. Also checkethe medical centre and there advise on the inury risk of your players,  and the condition of your players before a match (and if you're rotating them). Theres also just bad luck as well. Listen to your assistant managers suggested lineup more as they tend to suggest rotations when peole are tired.

Also remember that we arent having the same issues as you so theres improvements that can be made to your training. There is also the training and tactics forum that has loads of guides to help youm

Edited by Platinum

4 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

The above is literally the ME exploit right now. Silly (but fun).

5ab2357e80eae8de77d2a49d1628e04a.png

Come back when you have simmed through at least half the season. The sample size is still too small to make a conclusion.

15 minutes ago, DhcSylar said:

With a positive mentality,the mentality of AP(s) is very attacking(positive in FM21),is this a bug or is it something the game designer intended to do?

2.jpg

Probably a UI bug but it has been reported

As always a reminder about how football works: Just because you tell your players to play through the middle, it doesnt necessary follow that your opponent will let you do so.

From what i've seen central play has improved significantly this and last year. It's often a real joy to watch.

Edited by Nikopol

26 minutes ago, Platinum said:

It doesn't need tweaking imo, you've just come off the back of a bad training schedule so no suprise if your players are still in bad condition. Also checkethe medical centre and there advise on the inury risk of your players,  and the condition of your players before a match (and if you're rotating them). Theres also just bad luck as well. Listen to your assistant managers suggested lineup more as they tend to suggest rotations when peole are tired.

Also remember that we arent having the same issues as you so theres improvements that can be made to your training. There is also the training and tactics forum that has loads of guides to help youm

My players were fully fit, after 2 weeks without any game (winter break). And they were 3 weeks into new training schedule.

Whatever, FM has been like that for years, injuries injuries injuries, but people keep defending it so no reason for SI to do anything ;)

4 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Whatever, FM has been like that for years, injuries injuries injuries, but people keep defending it so no reason for SI to do anything ;)

the funny thing is that every year people complain about the fact that there are not enough injuries. Maybe you've just been unlucky so far and as far as I've seen, you're the only one reporting the issue 

7 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

My players were fully fit, after 2 weeks without any game (winter break). And they were 3 weeks into new training schedule.

Most first team squads in Premier League irl have 4-6 injured players out at any one time pretty consistently over the season? Are you getting higher than that?

10 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

SI don't do anything about it because:

They do tens of thousands of hours of soak testing to check injury frequency
They obtain injury stats from all the major leagues in the world
They set injury frequency to slightly below the real levels
For everybody who complains about injury frequency there are others who say that they are unrealistically rare
Users only comment when they have a bad run of injuries and never comment when they have a good run.

If your injury situation is out of the ordinary, then maybe you should have a look at the training schedules, coaches, team and player instructions etc

32 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I've done 2 full seasons as United, 10 games as Sociedad and started Newcastle this morning. Its the same across the board mate. Poulsen has won 93(!) headers in 7 games.

Then I would like to see his stats for around half of the season and not just 7 games. 7 games is still a small sample size in football terms.

Did you aim a lot of set pieces at your strikers? What is the amount of set pieces on average you get per game? And how does your average possession looks like?

Edited by zyfon5

9 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Then I would like to see his stats for around half of the season and not just 7 games. 7 games is still a small sample size in football terms.

Did you aim a lot of set pieces at your strikers? What is the amount of set pieces on average you get per game? And how does your average possession looks like?

I don't play for set pieces. I play to counter-attack, get my 3CMs to spread play to SCs or WBs and attack.

Here is more Poulsen:

17cc199a067aa8e28f7d794fd1388546.png

Carrillo last 2 matches (most recent match he came on as a sub in the 48th minute:

c3c64da67592a89e5542806f90e0e8ea.png

And Calvert-Lewin:

5945546c4d1838ec97d7bec98fe3e408.png

I can give you half season, full season, whatever you require. He's essentially one of the best strikers in the world due to this.

Also, because wideplay is so broken, see Raphinha playing as a WBL and his key passes due to crosses:

413296c0dc4d125b5452315f997ae5b6.png

8 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying how broken this is. Its fun. Just highlighting the issue.

Best to report issues in the bugs forum via the bug tracker. In this case, the ME section would want PKMs or maybe even the save, if it's a consistent issue throughout the season. That way it can get looked at by the testers/devs.

12 minutes ago, andu1 said:

First FM in which AI managed Lewa is a goal machine

image.thumb.png.5456ebbc8f3e3cc55ba6bdafb1f0b32e.png

I feel like this is the first FM in which AI managed strikers in general are scoring goals. Most leagues have sensible top scorers, at least in my experience.

11 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I don't play for set pieces. I play to counter-attack, get my 3CMs to spread play to SCs or WBs and attack.

Here is more Poulsen:

Carrillo last 2 matches (most recent match he came on as a sub in the 48th minute:

And Calvert-Lewin:

I can give you half season, full season, whatever you require. He's essentially one of the best strikers in the world due to this.

Also, because wideplay is so broken, see Raphinha playing as a WBL and his key passes due to crosses:

Thanks. I am not asking whether you play for set pieces. Just want to get a picture of how much set pieces you get on average per game and average possession you get to adjust stats for possession. And despite you having so many headers won, you have very little key headers often times zero. I wonder which area do your players get their headers from? Definitely not in the penalty box because there is so little key headers. And that is why I am asking for more information. 

14 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Here is more Poulsen:

And Calvert-Lewin:

2 games for Carrillo isn't enough of a sample.

For Calvert-Lewin his Aerial % completion is 51.3%. Last year in the Premiership the highest players were;

DCL - 152/286 - 53%

Benteke - 184/326 - 56%

McBurnie - 110/199 - 55%

Poulsen is worth keeping an eye on. It may need tweaking but not sure about broken

1 minute ago, zyfon5 said:

Thanks. I am not asking whether you play for set pieces. Just want to get a picture of how much set pieces you get on average per game and average possession you get to adjust stats for possession. And despite you having so many headers won, you have very little key headers often times zero. I wonder which area do your players get their headers from? Definitely not in the penalty box because there is so little key headers. And that is why I am asking for more information. 

My strikers rarely, if ever, leave the area. Almost every header is from a cross. My CB heads a hell of a lot, but as expected thats further back.

I understand that pressure dies due to physical strength over time, but the player don't put pressure on the front from the beginning.

So, It is hard to play in possession tactic style.

I wish is modified that point. 

Someone reviewed satisfied with the current match engine, I agree that the motion is better than FM21.

But, It feel like too less finished.  :(

Spoiler

Edited by hd92

53 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

6 games of the season left. I can't agree with your stance, in my opinion Injuries have been quite light.

Untitled.jpg

1 minute ago, Peter G said:

2 games for Carrillo isn't enough of a sample.

For Calvert-Lewin his Aerial % completion is 51.3%. Last year in the Premiership the highest players were;

DCL - 152/286 - 53%

Benteke - 184/326 - 56%

McBurnie - 110/199 - 55%

Poulsen is worth keeping an eye on. It may need tweaking but not sure about broken

Carillo has an earlier sample up above. As an example, headers won against appearances. If you go off headers won percentage, Calvert Lewin is (roughly) on 145 headers attempted in 7 starts, 1 sub. If he went for 286 last season, and if he continues at this rate, he's gonna be going for around 600. Headers attempted isn't slowing down.

Carrillo:

025f4cdb8a8bb4c0c9b114bf8f710791.png

Calvert-Lewin:

7fcabbe470087845bd786423ec013ffb.png

Poulsen:

cf1a3ba4774db893bc6137dd80a10c3c.png

Callum 'can't jump' Wilson:

f95644d7ce447850e73fe7a12cb6f9f3.png

4 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

My strikers rarely, if ever, leave the area. Almost every header is from a cross. My CB heads a hell of a lot, but as expected thats further back.

Explain the lack of key headers then. That one definitely look super weird to me. 

This is what it normally will look like: (granted this is FM20 but the stats should apply the same regardless unless there are errors with registering key headers in the ME part)

There is a good chance to get some key headers when your strikers are playing close to the goal.

header1.jpg

header2.jpg

8 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Carillo has an earlier sample up above. As an example, headers won against appearances. If you go off headers won percentage, Calvert Lewin is (roughly) on 145 headers attempted in 7 starts, 1 sub. If he went for 286 last season, and if he continues at this rate, he's gonna be going for around 600. Headers attempted isn't slowing down.

Carrillo:

025f4cdb8a8bb4c0c9b114bf8f710791.png

Calvert-Lewin:

7fcabbe470087845bd786423ec013ffb.png

Poulsen:

cf1a3ba4774db893bc6137dd80a10c3c.png

Callum 'can't jump' Wilson:

f95644d7ce447850e73fe7a12cb6f9f3.png

Do you have their minutes played in the League?

Ignore other competitions, too small samples and possible favourable match-ups.