*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, Alfredo James said:

You can delegate them and do everything else that you enjoy. I delegate at least 90% of all the chorey things from staff contracts negotiations to the new staff meetings

I do that but there still is a lot. There is also the issue that it can backfire. I've had players get mad because the assistant said something in the press conference. So what I tend to do is attend, maybe answer 1 question and almost all the rest are 'no comment'. First 2-3 times I genuinely try to answer properly, but it's just too much. And the questions have been very bad ever since they were introduced. Very little improvement and not much football to talk about in them.

5 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Play FM touch then

Typical response that doesn't' solve anything. 

4 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

FM Touch was perhaps the answer and an alternative but sadly discontinued.

It was never the answer because custom data files were not possible to use.

I don't think I've ever played with the vanilla database, but even if I didn't, I'm not sure I'd be excited to pay for a game and end up playing the watered down version of it, year in, year out.

Edited by Yuko

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, DarJ said:

What do you need crowd and stadium for in 2D? I play in 2D and my concentration is on the 22 dots and I don’t care about anything else 

Same question may go to people who play 3D - why do they need stadiums and crowd while their concentration is on 22 3d players? :)

30 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Typical response that doesn't' solve anything. 

How doesn't it solve anything? You're moaning about having to click into and out of so many screens, FM touch removes all of these. Playing FM touch means you don't have to go through all clicks, problem solved. 

Hottest prospects of:  Rsc Anderlecht - Belgium that are not in the game

Julien Duranville  https://www.transfermarkt.nl/julien-duranville/profil/spieler/819215

5/5/2006 

Right foot 

AMR / AML

He is currently not in the game, however he is the 2nd biggest Hot prospect in Anderlecht.

Rayane Bounida -->  https://www.transfermarkt.nl/rayane-bounida/profil/spieler/598491

3/3/2006

Two-legged 

AMC

One of the Biggest prospects in the World for many years, every top club in the world is trying to get him (Real, Barca, Man U, Man city, Liverpool, PSG, Ajax, etc...)
Moukouko from Dortmund was also included as a 15 year old, the same goes for several other 15y olds around the world. 
Millions of views on youtube, featured by many creators in the youtube scene as the biggest prospect out there: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rayane+bounida

Maybe an idea to include him ;)

12 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

How doesn't it solve anything? You're moaning about having to click into and out of so many screens, FM touch removes all of these. Playing FM touch means you don't have to go through all clicks, problem solved. 

It's not the full game. 

It did not support data files. (Which for me was 99% of the fun)

It's an entirely different experience.

9 minutes ago, vanderzanden said:

Hottest prospects of:  Rsc Anderlecht - Belgium that are not in the game

Julien Duranville  https://www.transfermarkt.nl/julien-duranville/profil/spieler/819215

5/5/2006 

Right foot 

AMR / AML

He is currently not in the game, however he is the 2nd biggest Hot prospect in Anderlecht.

Rayane Bounida -->  https://www.transfermarkt.nl/rayane-bounida/profil/spieler/598491

3/3/2006

Two-legged 

AMC

One of the Biggest prospects in the World for many years, every top club in the world is trying to get him (Real, Barca, Man U, Man city, Liverpool, PSG, Ajax, etc...)
Moukouko from Dortmund was also included as a 15 year old, the same goes for several other 15y olds around the world. 
Millions of views on youtube, featured by many creators in the youtube scene as the biggest prospect out there: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rayane+bounida

Maybe an idea to include him ;)

Players who are not 16 by 1/9/2005 are not allowed to be included in the game for child protection reasons. Special permission was acquired for Moukouko and for Odegaard at the time, parental consent had to be obtained. YouTube is not a good barometer for how special a player is, mostly because they only ever include the good moments of a game. The music plastered over the top tends to be horrific too :D  

I'm still not far enough in for ME appraisal yet apart from to say that long throws are hilarious.

Also considering I've only got to Oct 1st in game 4 players upset as I want them to earn contracts instead of me just saying yes, have seen this mentioned here already, but it is very unrealistic and annoying.

Have a question regarding the opposition scouting reports in the bottom right it has a box saying "Use suggested training", I don't see any training suggested so I'm reluctant to hit the box/button. Has anyone used this box/button if so what does it do? I can see sort of a suggestion i.e Keane's positioning may help to combat this, but if it wants to change my training surely it has to show me what training will change.

image.thumb.png.31e2bb747cb0a032bdf53aaa1fa02939.png

Edited by toffee71

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

What do you need crowd and stadium for in 2D? I play in 2D and my concentration is on the 22 dots and I don’t care about anything else 

I agree with him 100%. There are people who care about game aesthetics and atmosphere. 

Stadiums, crowds etc, were visible a couple years ago, and it looked much better. 

Everything you do in game, all the micromanagement, everything ends up on a 2D or 3D match. You are watching a hundreds of matches per save game. They should look nice, it is a vital part of the game. Both 2D and 3D. They should improve it, not make it worse like he said. 

3D seems a bit better but we will need to wait many more years so it looks really nice. That is why 2D needs more care from SI. That is one of the biggest misteries for me in recent versions, how they managed to make 2D look that much worse

I will say one thing for this ME, they have captured the back and forth of football very well. There are a lot more deflections, rebounds going in and general chaos factor of football. That is a big upgrade from FM21 ME.

If they could fix the biggest issues in the bug tracker for release then it actually will be a very good representation of football. Let's hope they get fixed.

Il y a 2 heures, kiwityke1983 a dit :

I can't believe people honestly think this ME is as bad as FM20 it's nowhere near that catastrophe. 

That ME had multiple game breaking issues. Strikers were barely involved and when they were it was usually to miss a wide open net.

Fullbacks would just ping 40 yard cross field balls to each others feet sometimes 10 times in a row.

The only and I mean this only play down the middle were super accurate long balls for strikers to run on to from centre backs and keepers.

Amcs may aswell have not been an option in the game...

Yes there may be some balancing issues with this year's ME but good God it's massively ahead of FM20 and if this is what we get for the rest of the year at least it resembles football.

Ahah,

Thanks for the souvenirs. Now i remember that Corchia was Ballon d'or in my games in FM20 because he had like 40 assists.

1 hour ago, gggfunk said:

Same question may go to people who play 3D - why do they need stadiums and crowd while their concentration is on 22 3d players? :)

I would ask the same question as well. I know I'm in the minority but I don't really care about what stadiums look like. I don't even care what the pitch looks like as long as I can see the ball and players. I'm not saying that it would be a bad thing if they looked better.

Edited by DarJ

2 hours ago, vivu said:

SI need to look into the way the players keep asking for contracts is enabled. I keep getting players requesting meeting to discussing improved contracts despite they having 3-4 years on their current deals. I have generally worked around this by renewing my key players contracts at the end of season/beginning of new season with a contract coming into force at end of season (thereby being protected for couple of seasons).

In case I miss out on any, they generally keep asking for a meeting like clockwork. I generally play with continue timeout enabled and have missed out on the meeting requests on occasion and then I have an upset player on hand. I can understand if the player has 1-2 season left on their contracts or had a massive boost in reputation by becoming a national team star. But the way it is currently implemented, I see my star players on a 200k+ per week contract (signed recently) coming up and asking for new contract.

Out of interest do these contract requests come up following a promotion, cup win or say a big increase in their value/ ability, other players in the squad getting pay rises ? Im wondering what might be the trigger for the request.

In these instances it might be worth making a save before you reply then going through a number of replies to test responses (reload new response). Could a no response with reason be sufficient to make them stop?

I do recall experiencing this also in FM21 and when I replied no with reason it was generally accepted. However the trigger for the request is the interesting bit

On fm22 beta.

After a bad start to the season, I changed to a pretty standard 4231 formation and its going better now, won 4 in a row....but....I haven't used inverted wingers for a while and they seem to stay wide and dribble wide without any extra player instructions added....I wanted supporting full backs to go down the wings with inverted wingers dribbling/moving inside. The wingers are left foot on the right, right foot on the left and are suited to be inverted wingers. I'm seeing on extended highlights that they often stay wide and dribble wide, hardly ever cutting in. Is this something others are seeing? I will have to watch a few more games maybe on full match, but I'm not sure how to remedy this. I don't think it's it's bug, just an observation and wondered if others have seen the same.

Is there no away goals rule in the CL at least for the SFs anymore? 

0-0 first leg away and then I won 2-1 at home win AET in the return leg. The thing is they equalised on 90+2 to make it 1-1, therefore they should've advanced to the Final but no, it went to ET. :confused:

Edited by craigcwwe

Just now, craigcwwe said:

0-0 first leg away, 2-1 home win AET in the home game. The thing is they equalised to in 90+2 to make it 1-1, therefore they should've advanced to the Final but no, it went to ET. :confused:

Yes, the away goal rule was scrapped this season.

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Oh right, first I've heard, is it just for the SF stage or does it go back further than that? 

Scrapped completely for knock out stages in any European competition.

https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/026a-1298aeb73a7a-5b64cb68d920-1000--abolition-of-away-goals-rule-in-all-uefa-club-competitions/

Not sure actually how it works for results between teams in the group stages.

14 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

I'm managing Hamburg and there's an absurd amount of players from the 2nd team asking for new contracts due to their increased importance to the team. I'm in late Jan and the latest player to come to me with this has made 2(8) apps all season for them.

Yeah, I was managing them and decided to wait for the full release to see if they'll sort this out. It doesn't make sense at all, specially because my main players were getting mad at me because of this bs

5 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

0-0 first leg away and then I won 2-1 at home win AET in the return leg. The thing is they equalised on 90+2 to make it 1-1, therefore they should've advanced to the Final but no, it went to ET. :confused:

"The away goals rule will be scrapped from all UEFA club competitions from the start of the 2021-22 season, the governing body has confirmed"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12340830/away-goals-rule-abolished-for-uefa-competitions-from-2021-22-season#:~:text=The away goals rule will,the governing body has confirmed.&text=Paris Saint-Germain and Porto,in the Women's Champions League.

7 minutes ago, Valleyg said:

On fm22 beta.

After a bad start to the season, I changed to a pretty standard 4231 formation and its going better now, won 4 in a row....but....I haven't used inverted wingers for a while and they seem to stay wide and dribble wide without any extra player instructions added....I wanted supporting full backs to go down the wings with inverted wingers dribbling/moving inside. The wingers are left foot on the right, right foot on the left and are suited to be inverted wingers. I'm seeing on extended highlights that they often stay wide and dribble wide, hardly ever cutting in. Is this something others are seeing? I will have to watch a few more games maybe on full match, but I'm not sure how to remedy this. I don't think it's it's bug, just an observation and wondered if others have seen the same.

It's a known issue

17 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Out of interest do these contract requests come up following a promotion, cup win or say a big increase in their value/ ability, other players in the squad getting pay rises ? Im wondering what might be the trigger for the request.

In these instances it might be worth making a save before you reply then going through a number of replies to test responses (reload new response). Could a no response with reason be sufficient to make them stop?

I do recall experiencing this also in FM21 and when I replied no with reason it was generally accepted. However the trigger for the request is the interesting bit

I've had players come to me because they made their first international appearance.

I said no and they got mad but after some weeks we've still not lost any games and now they're happy to stay at the club 

4 minutes ago, andu1 said:

It's for all stages as far as i know.

4 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Scrapped completely for knock out stages in any European competition.

https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/026a-1298aeb73a7a-5b64cb68d920-1000--abolition-of-away-goals-rule-in-all-uefa-club-competitions/

Not sure actually how it works for results between teams in the group stages.

2 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Cheers guys. :thup:

11 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I've had players come to me because they made their first international appearance.

I said no and they got mad but after some weeks we've still not lost any games and now they're happy to stay at the club 

Thanks, I think its about what the triggers are for the request but given the current climate you would expect less of this

Have a check of the players contract for his player type and current wage then check Finances > Wages to determine how his current wage compares to lowest, average, highest. This way you could determine if its an understandable request or perhaps a defect

9 minutes ago, Paulo Magalhães said:

Is there someone available to clarify some questions for me, please?

Does this help?

Performance Analyst: https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-staff-role-performance-analyst/

Recruitment Analyst: https://fminside.net/guides/staff-guides/284-recruitment-analyst

4 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Thanks, I think its about what the triggers are for the request but given the current climate you would expect less of this

Have a check of the players contract for his player type and current wage then check Finances > Wages to determine how his current wage compares to lowest, average, highest. This way you could determine if its an understandable request or perhaps a defect

They still have 3 years left on their current contract

1 minute ago, DarJ said:

They still have 3 years left on their current contract

I was wondering if their current wage for their player type is below, meeting, or above the team average?

This has been a problem area in the past: 

Some suggestions here also:

Could be worth raising a bug and uploading a save before the flurry of requests start?

1 minute ago, fraudiola said:

have they made any progress on set pieces, especially throw-ins? 

also if someone aware of the distribute to TM bug can check if distribute to TM works? 

set pieces and throw ins = no change unfortunately. However do add suggestions as future/feature requests

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

the issue comes from legacy support. A large portion of SI’s player base plays on laptops with integrated GPUs, laptops that are like 10 years old or PCs that wouldn’t dream about playing a AAA game released last 2014. 

It’s just the way FM is, incredibly accessible to anyone if they have the time and willpower. It’d be impossible to make a AAA game that scales to the point that it runs on a toaster like fm does. 

Cut those out with new engines and AAA graphics and so on, FM lose like half their player base, which isn’t a viable option for any company whatsoever. 

If you want cutting edge graphics, play 2K or play FIFA, FM isn’t that game and it will never be that game. 

This isn't cutting edge graphics I'm talking about. I'm talking about at least making the players seem human and not as robots - their animations and behaviour doesn't look human at all. For all I care, it can be a 2D representation on the level of International Superstar Soccer from the 1990s, which again had amazing (for the time, and compared to today's FM) player animations and behaviour.

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

Yeah, I was managing them and decided to wait for the full release to see if they'll sort this out. It doesn't make sense at all, specially because my main players were getting mad at me because of this bs

I've just started declining even having the conversation now. It feels like it's 2 players a week lmao

10 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

This isn't cutting edge graphics I'm talking about. I'm talking about at least making the players seem human and not as robots - their animations and behaviour doesn't look human at all. For all I care, it can be a 2D representation on the level of International Superstar Soccer from the 1990s, which again had amazing (for the time, and compared to today's FM) player animations and behaviour.

64D6D218-AF76-48BA-BE54-016DE030C336.thumb.jpeg.97bf950159505ccc432b67a9329d7643.jpeg

Okay, now you're just being ridiculous. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if THIS is your idea of human-like animations, and you think they're somehow still better than FM22's, then I guess it's not worth continuing this conversation with you.

Anyway, graphics aren't the be all and end all when it comes to video games, especially those that aren't AAA. Minecraft and Among Us are both unbelievably popular, and they're not exactly renowned for having modern cutting-edge visuals, right?

20 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

You may not know but they do use Human Motion Capture (mo-cap). I believe this version has additional mo-cap animations

21 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Question - in the full release we can see potently changes in the database? (like upgrades and downgrades on the abilities of players)

Thanks 

The current database will have some changes updated in the launch database but unlikely to be large scale. If there is anything specific I'd raise it in the database section. Will be unlikely to make release but could get into a future update so deffo worth highlighting

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

From what I can see, it seems to be triggered at specific times, especially around the time when international matches happen. Funny part is that its not just young players who come up and request the new contract. I have established players on Important Player/Star status on huge contracts that keep asking for new contracts every year. And they are already on crazy deals. From what I see, its the way it has been coded into the game. I can discuss the case with them, ask team mate/captain to ask to drop the issue. Will work, but 2-3 months down the line, same thing pops up. And if I holiday through the 14 days of international fixture break, I will most probably have 1or 2 unhappy players on hand

13 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

I've just started declining even having the conversation now. It feels like it's 2 players a week lmao

I would raise this in the bugs forum with a save game BEFORE this starts happening

3 minutes ago, vivu said:

From what I can see, it seems to be triggered at specific times, especially around the time when international matches happen. Funny part is that its not just young players who come up and request the new contract. I have established players on Important Player/Star status on huge contracts that keep asking for new contracts every year. And they are already on crazy deals. From what I see, its the way it has been coded into the game. I can discuss the case with them, ask team mate/captain to ask to drop the issue. Will work, but 2-3 months down the line, same thing pops up. And if I holiday through the 14 days of international fixture break, I will most probably have 1or 2 unhappy players on hand

It has been highlighted in the past where players ask for increased wages / contract, dont get one then get unhappy, want to leave and get transferred then accept lower wages at a new club than they were on before the request. As I mentioned above, saves before this happens uploaded with a bug report may get the issue investigated. I'll also look out for this

Can't SI sort out the pitch textures they are horrible, every pitch looks exactly the same bright green. Last year it was up to the mods to upgrade the pitch textures, don't know how there aren't more complaints as they really ruin the graphical experience for me

3 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

Players who are not 16 by 1/9/2005 are not allowed to be included in the game for child protection reasons. Special permission was acquired for Moukouko and for Odegaard at the time, parental consent had to be obtained. YouTube is not a good barometer for how special a player is, mostly because they only ever include the good moments of a game. The music plastered over the top tends to be horrific too :D  

That would give us a db of 31 year olds ;)

Playing now for the first time in a few days (and since the small patch the other day) and since I last played I have noticed that I can no longer scroll through the players in the "player search" screen using the up and down keys on the keyboard. It scrolls to about the 12th name on the list and I then have to scroll using the slider/scroll bar thing which although only a very tiny issue, it's a bit annoying as I just use my trackpad and sometimes it now shoots me miles down the list and is a bit of a fiddle. Has anyone else encountered/resolved this issue? 

52 minutes ago, CFuller said:

64D6D218-AF76-48BA-BE54-016DE030C336.thumb.jpeg.97bf950159505ccc432b67a9329d7643.jpeg

Okay, now you're just being ridiculous. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if THIS is your idea of human-like animations, and you think they're somehow still better than FM22's, then I guess it's not worth continuing this conversation with you.

Anyway, graphics aren't the be all and end all when it comes to video games, especially those that aren't AAA. Minecraft and Among Us are both unbelievably popular, and they're not exactly renowned for having modern cutting-edge visuals, right?

I'm trying to tell you that they don't behave human. You keep going to technical aspects of animation and how fluid and hi-res it is, I am telling you the players in FM do not act human. When they have a good chance to score and they miss, they just go back to the center of the pitch, without any reaction at all, when they score, they just robotically raise their arms and then stop celebrating virtually at the same time all of them, When the goalkeeper makes a good save in a tight 1-0 lead in the 90th minute, no one goes to congratulate him, the players don't pat each other on the back, talk, shout at each other, communicate with themselves or the referee, they are basically robots.

From the technical side of things, which you keep going back to, the ball feels like it has no weight, they still slide on the pitch, when they need to make a turn, they sometimes just rotate around their Y-axis.

The first part especially has nothing to do with computing power or 3D engine capabilities, or anything of the like. As I've tried to say, on one hand you supposedly can talk to players and have meetings with the team, on the other, on the pitch, they do not act human, and that has nothing to do with how many pixels there are on the screen.

And yes, some of these older games, had some of those things, and by older, I mean ancient. No one here is asking for some insane 3D capabilities, but when my striker misses a sitter, I'd at least like to see him hold his head in his hands, instead of just jogging back as if nothing happened.