*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

18 minutes ago, Metal said:

just hope that we get our monies worth for the 30-40 pound spent for early access

I hope no has charged you £30-£40 just to get the early access and that does not include the amount you've also paid for the full game. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, luigiluigi said:

I'm finding it really hard to see the ball, anyone else? Sideline camera, zoomed in as close as it goes. The ball looks blue?

I had the same problem, then I changed the standard ball colour in the settings to white, reloaded skin and restarted game and haven't had the hard too see ball since. Maybe Ive been lucky tho

3 minutes ago, santy001 said:

I hope no has charged you £30-£40 just to get the early access and that does not include the amount you've also paid for the full game. 

I paid 30 for the full game which includes early access, this is the 1st and last time I'm pre-ordering the game to be honest though because I don't think I've been weeing in the wind posting issues regarding the game.

2 minutes ago, santy001 said:

literally no-one implied that; i simply made a reference to paying for early access and being told that it's my responsibility to fix the game as stated by the previous moderator. I'm done, ban me. whatever you want. fed-up with the game, fed-up with the moderators, fed-up with SI. i use to love this game.

Just now, buddiemirren said:

literally no-one implied that; i simply made a reference to paying for early access and being told that it's my responsibility to fix the game as stated by the previous moderator. I'm done, ban me. whatever you want. fed-up with the game, fed-up with the moderators, fed-up with SI. i use to love this game.

You do know I'm not a moderator, right?

Just now, Metal said:

I paid 30 for the full game which includes early access, this is the 1st and last time I'm pre-ordering the game to be honest though because I don't think I've been weeing in the wind posting issues regarding the game.

Just wanted to make sure because if there was someone out there charging for just early access its something I'd have passed back on to SI. 

And @buddiemirren I'll be honest. Not even bothered to read any posts you have made in this thread. If you look back at my post that you have quoted, within it I was quoting a different user because I just wanted to make sure no one was getting done over by some unscrupulous third party vendor. 

Just now, santy001 said:

Just wanted to make sure because if there was someone out there charging for just early access its something I'd have passed back on to SI. 

And @buddiemirren I'll be honest. Not even bothered to read any posts you have made in this thread. If you look back at my post that you have quoted, within it I was quoting a different user because I just wanted to make sure no one was getting done over by some unscrupulous third party vendor. 

once again, i apologies. my affection for this game occassionaly over rules my better nature. i'm annoyed at where we've go to. but that's no excuse for the excesses of my behaviour. still done tho', hate myself for paying £40 to be told it's my fault. if only i done more. as i tried to say earlier, hope you all get the game you wanted x

Non league promotions happening 3 weeks before you can actually see which teams get promoted from non league is... quite a pain, to say the least.

Yes sure, save scumming yada yada, but if I want my second team in the league, I am just going to replay these 3 weeks over and over again. Seems like it just makes something horribly annoying, but people that want specific teams will do it anyway, so I don't see the point to making this change at all.

Also, there's a surprising amount of random in these 3 weeks, not gonna lie.

Neuer randomly decided to retire once, United has come in for Pavard multiple times with different offers, yet this time around they apparently decided to not go for him at all, various other transfer have or have not happened. Various other player retirements also may or may not have happened. Staff retirements on the other hand seem stable.

Of course Pavard still wants to move from the CL winner to United because you gotta play in the PL. He even takes a paycut for it, imagine that, moving from Bayern to United and not asking for a big raise while you're at it! Then again, Mbappé is willing to take a pay cut to get away from PSG, so who am I to complain. Wonder why SI can't handle these super salaries, considering they managed to handle the massive transfer fees we see nowadays.

1 hour ago, luigiluigi said:

I'm finding it really hard to see the ball, anyone else? Sideline camera, zoomed in as close as it goes. The ball looks blue?

Change it in preferences. 

If that doesn't work, change it to a new colour, save, then change it back to an all white ball, hopefully that fixes it. 

6 hours ago, buddiemirren said:

dont make us testers pay £40 for the privilge of fixing your game then

btw, i'm the problem? ffs

You're actually trying to suggest that it's the people who buy the games fault that it's not better than it is.

I think its good that we can play the beta, the more people playing it the better it should be to find bugs. The majority of people that buy the beta will also go on with the full version so i dont think we're really paying money to fix the game for them.

And no, youre not the problem. Its not a necessity to report bugs if you find one. The majority of bugs are already covered i think

Edited by oblongata21

6 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

I think its good that we can play the beta, the more people playing it the better it should be to find bugs. The majority of people that buy the beta will also go on with the full version so i dont think we're really paying money to fix the game for them.

And no, youre not the problem. Its not a necessity to report bugs if you find one. The majority of bugs are already covered i think

You have to buy the full version to get access to the beta

9 hours ago, Metal said:

Its called Beta for a reason. Assuming everyone has logged their bugs and SI have looked at them then there is a good chance they been resolved. In any case that judgement is best made once the game is released

10 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

No. Never have iirc.

But there obviously will be quite a lot of fixes id imagine

But you'll never know which ones. They already deleted a post I made 5 mins ago criticizing them for this method. Looks like a totalitarian regime from the outside. Coming from someone that grew up under one.

On 07/11/2021 at 09:04, FrazT said:

I am going to repeat a post I made earlier in this thread- pleas read, understand and action it . before further action needs to be taken.

The feedback thread is opened after every major game or update launch to enable the developers to quickly gauge the user's reactions and note the good, the not so good and the bad, which helps in their development cycle.  What they don't really want in this thread ( as mentioned in the opening post ) is users having discussions, particularly about the ME and tactics during which new feedback can sometimes get swamped.  It is appreciated that the users are trying to help and answer questions but the top 5 users in this thread already have over 225 posts between them and as this happens every time it does cause some issues for SI.

So a quick general request to the regular users in here to have a think before posting to ensure that this thread and the full game feedback thread when it comes out will be used for the purpose for which it was opened and not as a discussion platform.

I swear there have been separate threads about the ME closed because "we have the main feedback thread to discuss these things". 

Happy to be proven wrong

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I swear there have been separate threads about the ME closed because "we have the main feedback thread to discuss these things". 

Happy to be proven wrong

If a  user wants to comment in general about the new game, we encourage them to post in the feedback thread to keep it all together, If, as happens pretty frequently, the feedback thread develops into an in depth discussion about a particular tactics issue, then we would prefer that it was discussed elsewhere

4 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

Separate question, is the demo going to be available the same day as the full release? 

Nobody apart from SI can know for sure, but its launch is usually pretty soon after the main game launch, but I cant tell you exactly when.

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

You have to buy the full version to get access to the beta

Exactly, so why would he assume he is paying money to just test it?

Should have just waited for the demo

Edited by oblongata21

9 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

I'm confused... It says release is tomorrow but xbox gamepass says its today? 

If you want to play it today (generally) you can just change your Xbox location to New Zealand.

That's how I'm playing Forza in about 20 minutes. It's as simple as going into settings and just checking your location to a country ahead of your own time zone (and just change it back tomorrow)

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

11 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

I'm confused... It says release is tomorrow but xbox gamepass says its today? 

Stam from fmscout says it out at 8pm today but who the hell knows. Just praying they have improved/tweaked the M.E because couldn't take the beta seriously. Not long now

Due to finally completing the Ultimate Challenge on FM21, I've only just got a good look at the beta.

I haven't played any matches yet but there are very good (IMO) QOL changes, such as the assistant and squad depth report being on the squad screen; and a much clearer idea of when players become homegrown.  I like the redesigned scouting screen also.

Screenshot_20211108-124438_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3470af5f6fb4aa45375eb872ea740fb4.jpgHello. Not fedback to these sites before but just wanted to give my honest opinion. I've read lots about Newcastle and thier war chest so wanted to give it a try. I pretty much signed a new team at the start of the season and as I used instalments I manged to spend over 500m. I just wanted to see how easy it was to spend mega money and what the conciquences would be. 

I won the league first season and I won the FA cup. To be honest I enjoyed winning but found it far to easy and not really realistic as I can't see Newcastle winning the prem an fa cup  next season although stranger things have happened. 

Start of the 2nd season it got even better. 123m budget after spending 560m ish in the first. And who was interested in signing? Mbappe on a free and Harland for 113m so now at the start of my 2nd season my front line is Mbappe, harland and Isak. I have Valahovic from fiorintina and calvert Lewin as my backups. I broke the premier leagues scoring record set by Aston villa of 128 goals in a season too. 

As I say very enjoyable but not very realistic. No points to raise just wanted to feedback. P.s please excuse the state of my laptop screen. The sun was shining haha

Screenshot_20211108-124312_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211108-124528_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211108-124538_Gallery.jpg

6 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

On the basis the launch version has not been released then why would they as the content has yet to be defined

Because they never posted patch notes for the official release. It was a rhetorical question. We have no way to know what they fixed and how they balanced the match engine.

Edited by Vali184

2 minutes ago, m168630 said:

Screenshot_20211108-124438_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3470af5f6fb4aa45375eb872ea740fb4.jpgHello. Not fedback to these sites before but just wanted to give my honest opinion. I've read lots about Newcastle and thier war chest so wanted to give it a try. I pretty much signed a new team at the start of the season and as I used instalments I manged to spend over 500m. I just wanted to see how easy it was to spend mega money and what the conciquences would be. 

I won the league first season and I won the FA cup. To be honest I enjoyed winning but found it far to easy and not really realistic as I can't see Newcastle winning the prem an fa cup  next season although stranger things have happened. 

Start of the 2nd season it got even better. 123m budget after spending 560m ish in the first. And who was interested in signing? Mbappe on a free and Harland for 113m so now at the start of my 2nd season my front line is Mbappe, harland and Isak. I have Valahovic from fiorintina and calvert Lewin as my backups. I broke the premier leagues scoring record set by Aston villa of 128 goals in a season too. 

As I say very enjoyable but not very realistic. No points to raise just wanted to feedback. P.s please excuse the state of my laptop screen. The sun was shining haha

Screenshot_20211108-124312_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211108-124528_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211108-124538_Gallery.jpg

So you basically played as the biggest money bags in the game, bought the very best players, won the league as a result of spending 500 million and saying it's too easy. Seriously what did you expect to happen, a relegation scrap?

May as well managed PSG and be surprised how easy it is to win the Ligue 1 with messi, mbappe and neymer

6 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

On the basis the launch version has not been released then why would they as the content has yet to be defined

Come on mate. They should post patch notes. This beta has had a fair amount of issues with the ME that lots of people do not like. Myself, and I’m sure plenty of others would like to know if these have been fixed or tried to be fixed. We don’t want to waste hours or a couple of days looking into it ourselves again. Even if not perfectly fixed it would be nice to see that they have tried to get them better for full release.

5 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Because they never posted patch notes for the official release. It was a rhetorical question. We have no way to know what they fixed and how they balanced the match engine.

Ahh OK. We probably dont need to know what was changed but we do need to know if it works well, that will be Tuesday :)

1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

Come on mate. They should post patch notes. This beta has had a fair amount of issues with the ME that lots of people do not like. Myself, and I’m sure plenty of others would like to know if these have been fixed or tried to be fixed. We don’t want to waste hours or a couple of days looking into it ourselves again. Even if not perfectly fixed it would be nice to see that they have tried to get them better for full release.

Im not sure that any other gaming software houses do this for release, can you think of any? It would be for sure they would have tried to make the full release an improvement over the beta version, they always do. The only way to find out how much better will be to play the game or wait to read all reviews post launch before starting a game. I know which most will do ;)

5 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Then why the need for the beta? Can't SI pay a team of fm connoisseurs to test the game, then release it without using their playerbase to test the game for free?

I have just stated the reasoning.

As Fraz posted earlier, we don't need long drawn out discussions here. This isn't even on topic, so all the more reason to move on.  :)

As a Spurs fan playing as Spurs switched to a 343. Oh my god is it devastating. Started to find teams were setting  up the same as me after Id steamrollered a few teams. Most recent match was a stalemate so thought Id switch from 343 to 3412 with a Mezzala, WCB and WB and focused passing to that flank and got a couple of lovely goals through the overload including a crossed assist from the WCB. Nice to be able to change things like that and see it work.

1 minute ago, MrPompey said:

Im not sure that any other gaming software houses do this for release, can you think of any? It would be for sure they would have tried to make the full release an improvement over the beta version, they always do. The only way to find out how much better will be to play the game or wait to read all reviews post launch before starting a game. I know which most will do ;)

I only play FM to be honest so I wouldn’t have a clue about other games. I 100% agree with you that they would of attempted literally thousands of fixes and I’m sure that will do a great job. But thousands of customers pay for the beta and I think the least they deserve is at least a post from SI with a bit of info on what has been fixed or looked at. Don’t need thousands of patch notes or info just a bit on the key areas maybe. 

11 minutes ago, Metal said:

So you basically played as the biggest money bags in the game, bought the very best players, won the league as a result of spending 500 million and saying it's too easy. Seriously what did you expect to happen, a relegation scrap?

May as well managed PSG and be surprised how easy it is to win the Ligue 1 with messi, mbappe and neymer

With the greatest of respect I didn't buy the very best players in the game as my reputation only let's me buy a certain level of player. 3 out of 5 star young player. My squad is not as good as Liverpool City utd or Chelsea.  I expected to have settling in time, low morale from the players I couldn't sell and are cant sell. Basically to get 100 points was unrealistic. But thanks for your comments 

2 hours ago, The 433 Man(ual) said:

Anyone know the approximate time for release tomorrow? Have to cancel work... :brock:

I've already booked the day off, praying for a 8am-ish release. Surely tho it should be available by then

41 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

I only play FM to be honest so I wouldn’t have a clue about other games. I 100% agree with you that they would of attempted literally thousands of fixes and I’m sure that will do a great job. But thousands of customers pay for the beta and I think the least they deserve is at least a post from SI with a bit of info on what has been fixed or looked at. Don’t need thousands of patch notes or info just a bit on the key areas maybe. 

Same for me. 90% of my playing time is FM, the other 10% is Rimworld. Don't play anything else.