dafuge's FM22 challenge

44033270_KirkThompson_Home.png.2b6f8bec60a2ffc5be94563b2129055d.png

Radcliffe Season Overview 2027-28 (1st season in the Prem)

Astonishing season, not really sure how we have ended up where we did. We picked up a few pretty cheap cast-offs from relegated prem sides in the pre-season and picked up a really solid centre back from rangers as well as taking a few punts on young players who looked like they had some potential but in general i really didn't think we had what it would take to stay up. I reworked the training as well and put a much heavier training regime into place in the pre-season and carried it through, a lot of players made some great progress but my injury list became a massive issue with key players missing for significant periods of time. That said we started the season ok and really picked up in towards Christmas which say us miraculously up in the Champions league places briefly. We dropped the FA cup early but made it to the Caraboa final, unfortunately we lost to Arsenal in the final but so inconsistent in the league... the thing that saved us completely was how awful everyone else was as you can see below we only won 6 games between Christmas and the end of the year and we still ended up in the Euro-cup places... just mental. 

Frustratingly the board still doesn't want to build us our own stadium, we're still pimping out Gigg Lane. Finances are ok though and we've got a decent budget - £35mill and £800k/pw wages (currently spending £560k)  but we have a lot of our fringe players coming to the end of their contracts and replacing them to keep a decent squad is going to be tricky especially if we want to make a Marque signing or 2 - i think my priority is another solid CB and some really good wingbacks who can cross - but they are going to be pricey... Euro cup is looking like it might be a poison chalice and i my bag it early doors to save the squad.

On the whole though, we're where i hoped we'd be (dreamed really) got excellent backroom staff, as soon as upgrades are available the board are actioning it and I feel confident that we can repeat last seasons achievement.

888632828_KirkThompson_EndofSeasonReview-21.png.af8ef18cbb01e830c7ff313720887133.png709211341_KirkThompson_EndofSeasonReview-22.png.d522913e5de4af1b99ed6b185ad80458.png1013812095_KirkThompson_EndofSeasonReview-23.png.3b8e45bb609765f78035beddd51f2e52.png747538641_KirkThompson_Profile-9.png.ed2c2cd6e52b0468aa14882a2053a52a.png

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

106580c3ac74b7106a7aa8.png

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2034/35

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2035

Key Players: Jay Campbell ~ Keiran Fletcher ~ Keston Charles ~ Kim Harboe ~ Paul Crawford

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-Championship_-Stagese790a355ed81

Results: Championship I ~ Championship II | FA Cup | EFL Cup

After our play-off disappointment last season this season was back to normal, after losing Kyle Docherty's 30+ goals a season it was always going to hit us hard. I felt Jake Sheedy was an excellent long term replacement and whilst he done fairly well he just seemed to miss a lot of opportunities, but we go again next season. Once again a fairly dismal performance in the cups, I'd rather focus on the leagues at this point until I can get better squad depth in terms of quality.

We went on to sell £9.5M worth of players one of my favourite deals was selling a goalkeeper for £6M and replacing him with someone just as good for £60K, this gave us an opportunity to improve all areas of our facilities which will hopefully help us towards our long term goals. As for our stadium which we are pretty much maxing out week in, week out. Our board keep approving plans for an expansion to a 10,000 capacity however the council keep blocking planning permission, that is the next main area of the club I want to focus on improving.

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2035/36

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2036

Key Players: Kamol Knight ~ Kim Harboe ~ Mike Rowlands ~ Paul Crawford ~ Prem Rose

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-Championship_-Stages5b15b0c65bdc

Results: Championship I ~ Championship II | FA Cup | EFL Cup

We have made it to the big time! A remarkable season, Paul Crawford certainly stepped up this season, felt I put too much pressure on Jake Sheedy last season for 19 years of age, so went for a bit more experience this year and it paid off. I also can't remember the last time I had two players get double figures in assists, we also had about 4 players around the 15+ goal mark which has certainly help make up for the goals we were missing last season. I feel this squad has stepped it up a level with a few additions to help them along the way. It also helped selling club captain Keston Charles (again) for £10M and replacing him with someone better for £3.5M it gave me the opportunity to make the changes to the squad depth that was needed and adding Mike Rowlands on a free was the icing on the cake.

Next season I'm not expecting much at all trying to keep the majority of the squad together with a few additions along the way if they help us improve, of course my first order of business was bringing Kyle Docherty back to the club after previously 104 goals in 146 appearances whilst on loan for 4 seasons or so, he is not proven in the Premier League yet but I had to give him a chance at it.

Crowy_-Inboxcb0a66b7e022779e.png

Finally! The club were forced to build a new stadium with promotion, I'm not sure what sort of finances the Premier League bring as our finances aren't looking to great at the moment, but with a capacity of just 13,194 I can see us looking to try and expand on this year by year if we remain in the Premier League. In the mean time we get to play at the ground of my beloved Wolves for the season, not sure what sort of attendances we will get but hopefully gate receipts will help us get by.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

357818384_CareerProgress.thumb.png.604a78702dbd40aeb1fd7f23dbf5b7b4.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

170346367_CareerStats.png.372b41974d39c1ce7f1dd184945d7447.png

@tremor Nice job with Radcliffe!  Well ahead of where I am, though my run is also going well enough.  Fifth season overall, 1st in L2 and Gigg Lane (which we have a ways to go to start filling up!).  But, we are undefeated in league play (thru 11 matches), top of table, and only conceded 5 goals.  The defense that saw us thru the VNL is really kicking in!

Only losses have been to L1 Blackpool in the PJT and to L2 Barrow in the Carabao Cup.  Unfortunately, I don't think we're nearly strong enough for L1, as our wage budget is sitting about 60% of the 23rd ranked team in L2 --- so I really need a decent cup run, or maybe fans to start sitting up and taking notice that we're here :)

Good luck with your continuing run.... one of the few to have gone so far I think!

F6ytQYA.png

Gainsborough Trinity - Season 2023/24 - National League North - 1st

Season Review - Champions! It all clicked together this season and once we took the top spot we didn't give it up. 

League - (Fixtures 1) (Fixtures 2) (Positions)

The run of matches that included playing against York, King's Lynn and Blyth, who each held 2nd place when we played them, saw us over the line. The 5-1 demolition of Blyth got us over the finish line.

Cups - (FA Cup) (FA Trophy)

Disappointed to not make the 1st round of the FA Cup. The FA Trophy was an unwanted distraction and contributed to a fixture pile up when I really didn't want one!

Transfers - Records were broken this season as we both signed and sold players for actual money. One of those seasons where what I thought was going to be a key signing was overshadowed by someone else.

Finances - Not looking good but hopefully going up will give us a boost.

Youth News -
Intake - Not a good intake and we could be in for a dry spell of players after a couple of seasons of at least some decent prospects. Sadly a prospect that I brought in has suffered a cruciate injury.

Promotions - Danny Thompson (admittedly promoted during the season), Ryan Xeureb

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Keith Carville - 31 goals in the league from planned back up striker. I still don't think he has any right to score as many as he did but you won't hear me complain about it!

Top Assist - James Clark - Crosses became a bigger part of our game this year and so our vice-captain gets the honour. Unfortunately he has set his sights higher than lowly Gainsborough and refuses to sign a new contract.

Any other business - It was a reverse of the 1983 FA Cup final this season as Brighton managed to beat Man Utd on penalties.

Looking Forward - Into the National League for the first time in the club's history. The way we set up should hopefully see us keep defensively sound. It's just a question whether our attack will manage to keep their . I look forward to being proved wrong on both counts!

Season      League                       Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23	    National League North        5th	     Playoff semi-final
2023/24     National League North        13th
2024/25     National League North        1st         Champions!

Hey everyone decided to start this again with Warrington. I got to championship with them on fm20 , but had all kinds of issues with the stadia version and got to a point where i couldn't continue as the save wouldn't load. Hopefully i can get further on 22.

269837734_Screenshot2022-01-02at21_48_10.png.02bac4c5ea7756494a87732d93145a98.png

Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 13.58.01.png

P.S can anyone tell me how to put the picture into a clickable link that you can name it whatever you want

Edited by lfc7

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

Season Summary

We struggled much more than I expected and endured a tough season.

Season Details

League Table - The table looks ok, though we started so poorly we were in danger of going down.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Winning only one of our opening eleven games was tough and overall, we really struggled at home.  We also ended the season in dreadful form.

F. A. Cup - We made it through to the fifth round before top flight Everton proved too strong, beating us by two goals to nil at Goodison Park.

Carabao Cup - A loss away to Blackpool saw the club once again eliminated at the second round stage.

Pre Season Friendlies - Winning nine of our eleven games gave me false hope about the season ahead as we had a good pre season campaign.

Squad - Whilst we are not a promotion standard team, we are better than where we finished so we significantly underperformed this season.

Squad Dynamics - Considering the struggles we had this season, this is surprisingly good.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I broke the transfer record twice and spent more money as I tried my best to replace the players we lost.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - Over £7m was raised in player sales as we received offers we just couldn't turn down for some of our players.

Youth Candidates - A decent enough intake, with Garry Gibbs YP27A41 looking like the best of the bunch.

Finances - We are in the black, thanks largely to player sales.

Key Players

Joe Rothwell - Veteran central midfielder signed on a free transfer to add some experience to the squad.  He settled quickly and was our best player.

Modesto - Twenty year old Spanish central defender signed on a free transfer.  He quickly proved to be reliable and cemented his place in the starting eleven.

Regan Slater - Another experienced midfielder signed on a free transfer.  Played much more than I expected due to his form.

Sam Greenwood - Club record signing at £675,000, he can play on either wing or up front.  He was desperately disappointing and a significant improvement is required.

Fresnel N'Goma - German midfielder signed on a free transfer in the summer and was a revelation.  Was then sold to Arsenal in January and immediately loaned back for the remainder of the season.

Next Season

An improvement in our league position is the only goal I have.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B      ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (2.25*) ↑   Continental C   ↑↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2024/25    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental B    ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  10 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑
2025/26    Okay    ↑ (3.25*) ↑   Continental A    ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑
2026/27    Okay    = (3.25*) =   Continental Pro  ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  14 ↑  13 ↑  14 ↑   7 ↑   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  15 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Excellent   ↑↑↑  Good          ↑↑↑  Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   ↑  Excellent       ↑  Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2024/25    Basic =              Adequate ↑             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   =  Excellent       =  Regional = (1.50*) =
2025/26    Basic =              Adequate =             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   =  Exceptional     ↑  Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2026/27    Basic =              Adequate =             3 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional   =  Exceptional     =  Regional = (2.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      61        43       11        7          142             44                 +98              70.49%
2023/24      56        39        9        8          133             46                 +87              69.64% ↓
2024/25      55        34       12        9          118             56                 +62              61.82% ↓
2025/26      57        37       10       10          114             57                 +57              64.91% ↑
2026/27      52        16       16       20           70             79                  -9              30.77% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          61        43       11        7         142              44                 +98               70.49%            329 days
2023/24         117        82       20       15         275              90                +185               70.09% ↓          674 days
2024/25         172       116       32       24         393             146                +247               67.44% ↓        1,050 days
2025/26         229       153       42       34         507             203                +304               66.81% ↑        1,407 days
2026/27         281       169       58       54         577             282                +295               60.14% ↓        1,779 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1 January 2026    Antônio Francisco         Central Defender                      Botafogo Futebol Clube (SP)  Brazil                         £73,000
15 June 2026       Jordan Doherty            Central Defender/Defensive Midfield   Dunfermline                  Scotland                      £250,000
15 July 2026       Sam Greenwood             Right Wing/Left Wing/Striker          Ipswich Town                 England                       £675,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13 November 2022   Andrew Nelson             Central Defender                      Notts County                 England                         £4,700
10 January 2023    Jack Bearne               Right Wing/Striker                    Walsall                      England                        £12,750
12 January 2024    Kris Moore                Central Defender                      Motherwell                   Scotland                       £40,000
 9 June 2024       Danny Amos                Left Back                             Exeter City                  England                        £68,000
17 June 2024       Callum Jones              Central Midfielder                    Burton Albion                England                        £79,000
15 January 2025    Josh Eppiah               Left Wing/Striker                     Southend United              England                       £325,000
13 January 2026    Alex Carey YP23A1         Defensive Midfielder                  Watford                      England                     £1,300,000
 2 February 2026   Philippe                  Striker                               Brentford                    England                     £3,000,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2022/23    Vanarama National League North
2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    Vanarama National League
2024/25    Sky Bet League Two
2025/26    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2025/26)
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2024/25)
1 x Vanarama National League (2023/24)
1 x Vanarama National League North (2022/23)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------
1 x F. A. Trophy (2022/23)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy semi finals.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round =               Second Round      Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy second round.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Quarter Final ↑             Second Round =    Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy group stage.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Championship          19th ↑     Fifth Round ↓               Second Round =    A season of struggle.

Edited by DazRTaylor

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2036/37

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2037

Key Players: Kim Harboe ~ Mike Rowlands ~ Paul Crawford ~ Prem Rose ~ Simon Dempsey

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stagesd14327a48bccf3ef.p

Results: Premier League I ~ Premier League II | FA Cup | EFL Cup

Boy, did we concede ALOT of goals! We struggled scoring goals too which is a bad combination, whilst at times it looked like we may struggle/go down we were able to put a couple of results together to keep us clear of the drop zone. I think now we've survived the first season I think we'll stay in the Premier League, I just think there are worse teams than us for us to struggle to much to get relegated. Also I feel we'll be able to attract better domestic players the longer we stay in the Premier League. Also on another note at Molineux our average attendance was 26,000!?!? Not sure where all those fans came from but we should be selling our new stadium out every week next season which only holds half of that. In terms of the squad there are two clear area I need to focus on, I need to improve that defence to concede less goals and also I need to try and find more goals, sadly Docherty wasn't the answer. Maybe there is a third perhaps look at my tactics to see what I can tweak but it has gotten me this far I don't want to change it too much, just need to get the front 3 firing again.

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2037/38

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2038

Key Players: Jason Freeman ~ Kim Harboe ~ Kwame Maxwell ~ Omarion Chamberlayne ~ Simon Dempsey

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stages707e68c9f134d40c.p

More of the same for this season, we conceded less goals but didn't score any more than last season. Once again though we looked in trouble at times but managed to pull through with a couple of decent mini runs, we made some big changes to the squad this season adding some more youth players and rotating the squad to freshen it up a bit, I feel the end of January was where we started to click a little bringing in Sam Brown and Kwame Maxwell, they just seemed to sure up the defence, not sure if the stats back that up, it's just the way it felt. We had a couple of decent cup runs this season too reaching the quarter final of the FA Cup before being humiliated 6-0 by Man Utd.

In terms of next season it doesn't look as though there are many options out there that improve the squad, if I can get some of the older players out for younger players just as good I will do that and just give this team time as it is pretty young and has room to develop. Here is what I mean by I went big on transfers this season.

TRANSFERS

Hednesford-Town_-Transfer-History01188b19c9ebfd0d.png

Hednesford-Town_-Transfer-History-227cce1ca33d583fe.png

If I could of spent that money on foreign players I think I'd be pushing for the Champions League, in other news our stadium is getting expanded to 20,000ish seats so we're going back on loan to Molineux for a season where last time our average attendance was 26,000. The financial benefit that brought last time around was crucial and I'm hoping for more of the same this season.

Crowy_-Inboxff2d090c2a29ecfd.png

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

556969552_CareerProgress.thumb.png.acd8f7270429749ade113f2298f92243.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1717110565_CareerStats.png.ab80a33081f8ffe9c9fd8e2099e96c8f.png

Harrowborough.png.5f19abdcfe68a3429ce9c0627e2852d4.png        

Crispypaul
Harrow Borough

Premier League
2031/32

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - at one point we could have got the title but too many draws and Man Utd's relentless form kept us as runners up.

FA Cup - Fixtures - lost another final, this time to Man City

EFL Cup - Fixtures - at least we got this with a big win over Sheffield United

Champions League - Table | Fixtures - our debut season saw a group of Dortmund, Roma and RB Salzburg whom surprisingly we all defeated to finish top.  Ajax were our first knockout opponents whom were defeated comfortably.  Next up were giants Real Madrid with a narrow 1-0 home win being the difference for the semis, where we faced Man Utd.  A mad 5-5 draw at Old Trafford was followed by a strong 4-1 defeat to get us in the final against Italian giants Juventus.   It went all the way to penalties but our strength here was enough to win the final and lift the European Cup

Finances -  mad

Transfers - lots of movement here especially out

Squad - another youth product in NxGn

Key players:

Leyrielton - great

Jim Hinchcliffe - brilliant as ever

Daniel Williams - still scoring but international recognition hasn't followed

Boris Aleksiev - a key player now

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - brought the ex Man City youth product in and was solid in defence

Ryan O'Neill - met the £23m release clause of this striker from Crystal Palace and he turned out to be a great signing

Jose Miguel Da Silva Souza - top notch left back also a Brazil international

Future - another stadium expansion is coming, with half the challenge complete hopefully we'll get that league title soon

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2022/23     	VNS     	  1st         3rd round		-			-		League winners, promoted
2023/24		VN		3rd		3rd round	-			-		Play off winners, FAT Winners
2024/25		L2		3rd		4th round	2nd Round		-		Promoted
2025/26		L1		2nd		5th round	1st round		-		Promoted
2026/27		CH		4th		5th round	3rd round		-		Lost in play off final
2027/28		CH		2nd		5th round	QF			-		Promoted
2028/29		PL		10th		runners-up	QF			-		Lost in FA Cup final
2029/30		PL		6th		runners-up	3rd			-		Lost in FA Cup final again
2030/31		PL		3rd		Winner		Winner		Won Europa League
2031/32		PL		2nd		runners-up	Winner		Won CL	

Edited by Crispypaul

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A season beyond my expectations, especially after the struggles of last year.

Season Details

League Table - We were top early on and never really dropped out of the top two.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were in the top two for most of the season and poor form at the end nearly cost us automatic promotion.

F. A. Cup - We went out away to giants Arsenal, losing by three goals to one in the fourth round though we gave a good account of ourselves.

Carabao Cup - We reached and were eliminated in the now customary second round, with a heavy away defeat at top flight Burnley ending our interest in the competition.

Pre Season Friendlies - We had an exceptional pre season campaign, where we won all bar one match and even that was a draw.

Squad - We have a lot of good young players with plenty of potential.  We have a large number of South Americans as I went shopping where I could find value for money.

Squad Dynamics - It is back to be rather lovely.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I spent over £12m as I broke the transfer record three times.  Some much needed quality came into the club.

Transfers Out 1, 2, 3 & 4 - With over £20m being raised in player sales, the squad was a lot different from last season.

Youth Candidates - Tom Sutcliffe YP28D55, who plays as a striker, was the best prospect in a decent enough intake.

Finances - We have slipped into the red, though with the Premier League millions about to pour in, I am not in the least bit concerned.

Key Players

Jacobo Luque - The young Spanish goalkeeper arrived on a free transfer and quickly became the undisputed number one at the club.

Pedro Torres - Venezuelan international defensive midfielder who already has over twenty caps to him name, despite being only twenty years old.

Henry Lawrence - Signed for a then club record £1.7m from Watford, he is high versatile and can play anywhere on either the right hand side or left hand side.  He can even fill in down the middle if required.

Ignacio Seisdedos - Young Argentinian central defender who has now completed two seasons on loan at the club from Tottenham Hotspur.

Jude Soonsup-Bell - Striker signed on loan from Chelsea for the season.  Our best loan signing of the season, with a return of 26 goals in 40 appearances.

Next Season

Just survive.  Nothing else matters.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications        Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)     None                1     1     1     1    1    1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal     = (1.25*) ↑   National B     ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =  1 =  1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal     = (2.25*) ↑   Continental C  ↑↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   3 ↑   1 =  1 =  1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2024/25    Nominal     ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental B   ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   1 =  1 =  1 =  10 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑
2025/26    Okay        ↑ (3.25*) ↑   Continental A   ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   1 =  1 =  1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑
2026/27    Okay        = (3.25*) =   Continental Pro ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑   5 =   1 =  1 =  1 =  14 ↑  13 ↑  14 ↑   7 ↑   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  15 ↑
2027/28    Fairly Good ↑ (3.50*) ↑   Continental Pro =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =  1 =  1 =  14 =  14 ↑  14 =  11 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  15 =  17 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Excellent   ↑↑↑  Good          ↑↑↑  Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   ↑  Excellent       ↑  Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2024/25    Basic =              Adequate ↑             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   =  Excellent       =  Regional = (1.50*) =
2025/26    Basic =              Adequate =             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   =  Exceptional     ↑  Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2026/27    Basic =              Adequate =             3 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional   =  Exceptional     =  Regional = (2.00*) =
2027/28    Basic =              Adequate =             3 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   =  Exceptional     =  National ↑ (2.50*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      61        43       11        7          142             44                 +98              70.49%
2023/24      56        39        9        8          133             46                 +87              69.64% ↓
2024/25      55        34       12        9          118             56                 +62              61.82% ↓
2025/26      57        37       10       10          114             57                 +57              64.91% ↑
2026/27      52        16       16       20           70             79                  -9              30.77% ↓
2027/28      50        28       10       12          106             63                 +43              56.00% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2022/23          61        43       11        7         142              44                 +98               70.49%            329 days
2023/24         117        82       20       15         275              90                +185               70.09% ↓          674 days
2024/25         172       116       32       24         393             146                +247               67.44% ↓        1,050 days
2025/26         229       153       42       34         507             203                +304               66.81% ↑        1,407 days
2026/27         281       169       58       54         577             282                +295               60.14% ↓        1,779 days
2027/28         331       197       68       66         683             345                +338               59.52% ↓        2,142 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
 1 January 2026    Antônio Francisco         Central Defender                      Botafogo Futebol Clube (SP)  Brazil                         £73,000
15 June 2026       Jordan Doherty            Central Defender/Defensive Midfield   Dunfermline                  Scotland                      £250,000
15 July 2026       Sam Greenwood             Right Wing/Left Wing/Striker          Ipswich Town                 England                       £675,000
15 July 2027       Pietro Cadavid            Central Midfielder                    América de Cali S.A.         Colombia                    £1,000,000
 4 August 2027     Henry Lawrence            Right Back/Left Back                  Watford                      England                     £1,700,000
19 Janury 2028     Gastón Toledano           Central Midfielder                    Club Atlético River Plate    Argentina                   £2,700,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
13 November 2022   Andrew Nelson             Central Defender                      Notts County                 England                         £4,700
10 January 2023    Jack Bearne               Right Wing/Striker                    Walsall                      England                        £12,750
12 January 2024    Kris Moore                Central Defender                      Motherwell                   Scotland                       £40,000
 9 June 2024       Danny Amos                Left Back                             Exeter City                  England                        £68,000
17 June 2024       Callum Jones              Central Midfielder                    Burton Albion                England                        £79,000
15 January 2025    Josh Eppiah               Left Wing/Striker                     Southend United              England                       £325,000
13 January 2026    Alex Carey YP23A1         Defensive Midfielder                  Watford                      England                     £1,300,000
 2 February 2026   Philippe                  Striker                               Brentford                    England                     £3,000,000
14 July 2027       Antônio Francisco         Central Defender                      Watford                      England                     £3,200,000
29 July 2027       Alfredo Acosta            Central Midfielder                    Brighton and Hove Albion     England                     £5,000,000

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    Vanarama National League
2024/25    Sky Bet League Two
2025/26    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2025/26)
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2024/25)
1 x Vanarama National League (2023/24)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy semi finals.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round =               Second Round      Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy second round.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Quarter Final ↑             Second Round =    Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy group stage.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Championship          19th ↑     Fifth Round ↓               Second Round =    A season of struggle.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Championship           2nd ↑     Fourth Round ↓              Second Round =    Promoted as runners up.

Edited by DazRTaylor

I’ve started my first attempt at this challenge on this years game and I’ll give an update when I’m back in front of my laptop. I’ve returned to the scene of one of my attempts last year and so far it’s started alright.

Harrowborough.png.5f19abdcfe68a3429ce9c0627e2852d4.png        

Crispypaul
Harrow Borough

Premier League
2032/33

League - Season Review  - 100 points got us there in the end as we lifted the title

FA Cup - Fixtures - took extra time but we got the trophy again finally

EFL Cup - Fixtures - crushed Man Utd in the final for our third in a row

Champions League - Table | Fixtures - walked an easy group of Lazio, Dinamo Zagreb and Nice.   Marseille in the 1st knockout round were dispatched easily at home.  Next up fellow French side PSG, a good home win followed by a solid away draw led to RB Leipzig in the semis.  Two good wins setup a final against Barcelona.  Unfortunately an early penalty and a sending off in the 2nd half meant we couldn't retain the trophy.

Finances -  show me the money

Transfers  - i spent big this time

Squad - three of our players are the best in the world and we have another in the NxGn

Key players:

Leyrielton - continues to be great

Jim Hinchcliffe - now one of the best players in the world

Daniel Williams - still prolific but O'Neill is ahead of him, England duty still elusive

Boris Aleksiev - brilliant winger

Boris Siljc - amazing midfielder

Ryan O'Neill - super season, also an England international

Jules Kounde - bought from Chelsea, top quality at the back

Ibanez - only paid a few million for this great experienced centre half

Future - well that's the challenge done and dusted, good luck to all as i'll be bowing out now

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2022/23     	VNS     	  1st         3rd round		-			-		League winners, promoted
2023/24		VN		3rd		3rd round	-			-		Play off winners, FAT Winners
2024/25		L2		3rd		4th round	2nd Round		-		Promoted
2025/26		L1		2nd		5th round	1st round		-		Promoted
2026/27		CH		4th		5th round	3rd round		-		Lost in play off final
2027/28		CH		2nd		5th round	QF			-		Promoted
2028/29		PL		10th		runners-up	QF			-		Lost in FA Cup final
2029/30		PL		6th		runners-up	3rd			-		Lost in FA Cup final again
2030/31		PL		3rd		Winner		Winner		Won Europa League
2031/32		PL		2nd		runners-up	Winner		Won CL	
2032/33		PL		1st		Winner		Winner		Lost in CL final	CHALLENGE COMPLETE

image.png.83148a26d112171f48c53641e03ea181.png

ClubBadge.png.444973f2fcdbfe9e8df1dc301c447882.png

Season Summary

A positive but tough first season for Needham Market in the Vanarama National League North. I started with a couple of players and no staff!  The gravity of the task ahead was very apparent.  I needed players and quick.  Without a scout I couldn't see what I was signing and so resorted to taking as many players as possible on trial and trying to sign the ones that looked good.  I was a little bit optimistic with my budget and signed a couple players on high wages (£300 per week) which left me very little room for maneuver for the positions I still needed.  I started the 1st game of the season with only 17 players.  I found a few players on loan that didn't want a fee and ended the season with about 20 players.  I Signed an Assistant, Scout and a coach and left it at that as my wage budget was maxed out. 

Vanarama National League North

League.thumb.png.37e255cc467ac65e119c0436fe2f2bd3.png

I had a great start to the league and started to believe that I could do well.  My board were ecstatic with me, it was going great.  At around the half way mark I was 3rd in the league.  Then I pretty much imploded.  The best striker at the club was recalled from loan at the turn of the new year which caused a major goal scoring problem.  This started to take its toll and we were nosediving down the league.  We eventually finished on 55pts, 5 above relegation.

FA Cup Qualifying

I had a very good go at making it to the FA Cup but fell at the last hurdle against Altrincham.  I scored early and looked to be cruising but then they scored in the 84th and 94th minute to kill the game and my hopes of FA Cup qualification.

FA Trophy Cup

I wasn't really interested in this cup due to the lack of descent prize money and the fact that I didn't really have the squad to throw at it.  I lost 1-0 to Gateshead in the 3rd round.

Positions.thumb.png.4068a6951c434146419ed5265989e951.png

Future Plans

I managed to sign the best players in the club to longer contracts which will hopefully make the core team stronger for next season.  I need to sign more quality and keep a better eye on the wage budget.

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2038/39

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2039

Key Players: Efren ~ Kim Harboe ~ Kwame Maxwell ~ Mark Owen ~ Sam Brown

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stages92fdff3b1a8a53eb.p

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2039/40

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2040

Key Players: Gregg Allan-Mitchley ~ Efren ~ Kim Harboe ~ Mark Owen ~ Sam Brown

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stagesb1ffdea0dad3c8af.p

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2040/41

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2041

Key Players: Gregg Allan-Mitchley ~ Jackson Raiker ~ Jason Lyon ~ Mark Owen ~ Steve Lee

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stages14520cfc488f7c8e.p

Results: Premier League I ~ Premier League II | Europa Conference League | FA Cup | EFL Cup

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2041/42

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2042

Key Players: Efren ~ Kwame Maxwell ~ Mark Owen ~ Roshon Boyce ~ Steve Lee

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stagesc4b8de1e8b471def.p

Results: Premier League I ~ Premier League II  | Europa League | FA Cup | EFL Cup

I hadn't realised that I'd not done an update for 4 seasons so there is a quick catch up with all the screenshots, we've not really progressed too much in terms of the league, we have had a win in Europe though winning the Conference League. We then went on to lose to Man Utd in the semi's of the Europa League last season which was frustrating as I felt if we beat them we win it. The squad is still developing nicely we've had to try and replace a couple of huge losses in Kim Harboe - £90m and Gregg Allan-Mitchely for £100m to Real Madrid and PSG. I felt we replaced Harboe well in Roshon Boyce but I'm yet to replace Mitchley who I'm hoping to replace this summer, other than that not much has changed. Our stadium now holds 22,000ish, we had planned to expand this season to around 25,000 but the council have blocked that, so over the next 3 years or so I'm looking to build a bigger stadium.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1906756836_CareerProgress.thumb.png.e57c71d4bcbb633502e84a9b12e48120.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

351816836_CareerStats.png.68b6f709e591042256eadcd927b38b1c.png

Edited by Crowy

I'm giving this a go with Frome Town. I had to holiday until 2024 to get them avaliable as they needed two promotions to allow them to enter the National League South.

Start of the game no Staff and no players want to join me. Love it!

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2042/43

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2043

Key Players: Efren ~ Kwame Maxwell ~ Mark Owen ~ Michael Maddison ~ Roshon Boyce

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stages32fee4f9b5cec472.p

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2043/44

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2044

Key Players: Harry Pugh ~ Kwame Maxwell ~ Mark Owen ~ Sam Hepworth ~ Steve Lee

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stagescb2fb2fbc479231c.p

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2044/45

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2045

Key Players: Harry Pugh ~ Mark Owen ~ Michael Maddison ~ Mohammed Razuki ~ Sam Hepworth

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stagese11342a81ab0cab9.p

Results: Premier League I ~ Premier League II | Europa League | FA Cup | EFL Cup

So after having a couple of seasons battling for Europe we finally had a season where we challenged for the title and bottled it! it was in our hands but 3 draws in our last 4 games saw that the title went to Man City, the big difference this season was the fixtures order, playing most of the big teams early on and having a good run of fixtures after them. We've also won the FA Cup and EFL Cup over the last couple of seasons to show that we are developing nicely as I use my back up team for those competitions. I'm starting to struggle to hold on to players now though which could become a problem in this save as there is not the quality around to replace them. I lost Roshon Boyce this season  for £150M to Bayern Munich already and dreading the summer window, hopefully Champions League football can convince them to stay.

Off the field the board are still unwilling to build a new stadium, they're open to expanding the stadium but council keep blocking that so that could be interesting to see how that develops over the next couple of seasons.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

589220667_CareerProgress.thumb.png.a31f1f1ee45da8495b9d9bff85231674.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1166328851_CareerStats.png.8fdbf015a4aa432a7011200515e1fd2f.png

FCUM.thumb.png.03123379640ae379c0ea1cbbf7946c37.png

Hi guys, a quick update. I had motherboard issues for 2 months trying to get warrenty covered etc so had a bit of time away, And when i came back i was unable to take proper screenshots in steam ? has anyone else had this problem ?

Anyway we won the Championship play offs and sold some players for big big money so hopefully we can attract some players in the Premier League

Also, personal milestone that this is the first time i've ever reached the Premier League in this challenge !!!

Title.png.b5ad4cc51bdee60cf2f653f1e6ed68ed.png

Season Summary

Another tough season in the Vanarama League North.
I started the season with a new tactic in mind, a 4-1-3-2 without wingers.  I deployed a short passing game and played very narrow.  I tried to persevere with this and liked some of the play but the results were not coming.
Around the turn of the year I dropped into the relegation zone and knew I needed to change the tactic because by this stage the players couldn't string 2 passes together.
I eventually changed to a 4-4-1-1 and repurposed some of my players into wingers.  Results improved but I was still worried towards the end of the season, I was just above the relegation zone with a possibility of a bad run sending me down.  Luckily I had a run of 9 matches without losing and it was this that kept me up.
I had also found a good striker Jake Hutchinson who ended up scoring 20 goals in the league.  It looks like next season will be an even bigger challenge with all my top players refusing to resign and I am slipping further into debt.  

LeagueStanding.thumb.png.a7d5f39dfd29e298a068c7f20f58cc62.png

8 pts above relegation but less points than last season. 

FA Cup Qualifying

image.png.eacfe6ba1b727f5982d89c7a33abbfe4.png

Again, a promising start but York tore me to pieces in the forth qualifying round.

FA Trophy Cup

image.png.15a598d1db1761c9d98f4d99268c1186.png

Due to such a small squad I am only playing my second string and didn't get far.  A good result against King's Lynn though.

LeagueGraph.thumb.png.b3f94494cdfabc94997adac1a40709cf.png

Future Plans

I have tried get my best players to resign contracts again this season but the clubs financial troubles are starting to take their toll and many players wont sign because of this.  Looks like back to the drawing board next season.

KLFC_logoSM.png.b22971d9d6992d59ca3061fda9957864.png

Kings Langley 2027-28 1st Season Premier

A 9th place finish in the first season of EPL play felt about right. We had good stretches, but we had all kinds of issues against the top clubs.  Our key players were:

GK- Aaron Maguire 32 apps 7.21  9 Sh.O.  1 POM

DR- Neco Williams 30 apps 7.24  2 goals 2 assists 3 POM

ML- Vladimir Bocanegra 29 apps 7.02 8 goals 7 assists 3 POM

MR- Bob Bell 27 apps 6.85 7 goals 5 assists 

MC Agustin Lopez 30 apps 7.05 1 goal 3 assists 3 POM

MC Nile John 28 apps 7.01 2 goals 4 assists 1 POM

SC Tyrese Omotoye 26 apps 7.03 12 goals 4 assists 4 POM

SC Leyton Stewart 31 apps 6.85 12 goals 3 assists 1 POM

image.png.f674e664067ecb360f37fd150528f760.png

image.png.8b45120e292bf75484a197de42bd4e6e.png

1401929294_RedditchUtdheader.png.ff2b987c83da63d19b4a5285975b2f65.png

Vinnie Doomen took over Redditch United in the Vanarama National North. The Belgian manager lacks experience, but makes up for it in spirit.

Season 2022-2023

Vanarama National North

We had a decent first season in the League . We missed the playoffs due to a loss on the final day of the season.

The FA Cup was a huge dissapointment but we dit manage to reach the semi-finals of the FA Trophy

I was happy with this first season. Had to build up with practically nothing but we played well.

Season 2023-2024

Vanarama National North

We went on a goodcampaign in the league, finishing 3th. Ultimately we missed out on promotion due to players that switched off in the playoffs against York.

We had a lucrative-ish run in the FA Cup, but Wimbledon was too strong for us. The FA-Trophy wasn't as good as it was the year before. Yeovil kicked us out.

I was a little disapointed here. No promotion and no real luck in the competition. We did grow a lot, and played very well.

Season 2024-2025

Vanarama National North

We dominated the league. We absolutely demolished about half the teams, and could have scored more points if i didn't play youth players in the last few games.

This was the best season I ever had in FM and our finish with 114 didn't flatter us. We were by far the best team in all regards. We managed to win promotion at York, which was satisfying to me given what happened the year before.

The FA Cup was a disapointing one. We deserved to come up against a more popular and lucrative team in the FA Cup, but went out against Salford. We were the better team in this game. Frustrating.

We went far in the FA Trophy, but the #1 in the Vanerama National Stockport kicked us out in the semi-finals. It would have been a great end of the season, but it wasn't to be.

Season 2025 - 2026

Vanarame National

ongoing

I'm in the fourth season by now. Didn't strengthen muich, but will try to keep growing. Championship teams are after my star players so that makes life a little difficult at the moment.

On 26/01/2022 at 16:11, wazup said:

I'm giving this a go with Frome Town. I had to holiday until 2024 to get them available as they needed two promotions to allow them to enter the National League South.

Start of the game no Staff and no players want to join me. Love it!

This is the hardest challenge I have done.  Made it to the National League in season 2 but no one wants to join me. Players are choosing to join National League regional teams before me as they have stronger squads. and my finances are awful as only 400 people watch my games. My record attendance is about 1,800 against Yeovil in the FA Trophy and that is because we use their ground and it was 1,600 away fans. 

Fingers crossed I stay up 

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2045/46

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2046

Key Players: Keith Duffy ~ Kwame Maxwell ~ Michael Maddison ~ Mohammed Razuki ~ Sam Hepworth

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stages478eb52da07f5b49.p

Results: Premier League I ~ Premier League II | Champions League | FA Cup | EFL Cup

Another league title bottle! arguably worse than less seasons I just had to win one of my final two games and I couldn't do it, I certainly feel I have the team to win it our first eleven are especially strong and in the attacking positions still developing. I was disappointed in the Champions League I felt we could have won the first eg by more which would have given us a better chance in the 2nd leg away from home. I think playing my reserve team in the Champions League is also a bad idea if I find the right balance between League and Champions League we'll be a serious threat. Also after years of planning permission being blocked the board have agreed to expand the stadium before next season begins to 26,000ish which has been a long time coming, I don't think we'll be able to expand further after that so keep an eye on that in the future.

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2046/47

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2047

Key Players: Harry Pugh ~ Keith Duffy ~ Marcus Sharpe ~ Mario Chaplow ~ Sam Hepworth

LEAGUE TABLE

Premier-League_-Stagesf4cb3019a9c2fa13.p

13013942780fd4ce8f7d023.png

UEFA-Champions-League_-Stages7b687adc120

Group Stage Results

1st KO Round

Spoiler

1-KO-Roundccc5068b05c71109.png

Quarter Final

Spoiler

QF5489f9ac5c691c2a.png

Semi Final

Spoiler

SFd12f3eaa76c89d0e.png

Final

Spoiler

Final0cd50fe1fdf4d273.png

Finally a League Title! No thanks to Sam Hepworth who put in a poor season due to interest from PSG for the majority of it but the team as a whole dealt with that extremely well with goals and assists coming from all over the pitch. I really didn't change much over the last couple of seasons apart from bringing in younger back ups that could develop better than the current back up as I had faith in this team, one or two players are starting to decline now but they will leave the club as heroes especially Kwame Maxwell.

As well as the Premier League we also went on to secure the Champions League which I'm still in shock about, I didn't expect to get through the group stage but we actually got through fairly comfortably and on our route to the final we had some tough teams but as you can see our home form certainly helped us out along the way in those fixtures. The final was a very nervy one but in truth we dominated it, don't think Juventus had a shot on target until extra time started. I felt it wasn't going to be our day but thank god Muir popped up in the 95th minute with a controversial goal, looked slightly offside to me but I was not complaining.

Hopefully we can lose the title of bottle jobs! I think that is the challenge over I'm not too sure, not really checked. If it is I'll probably post another update of links to screenshots of thing year on year so if there is anything you'd like to see let me know.

I'm not sure what I want to do from here, doing this only signing UK & Irish players has made me fall in love with the save even more, I may well continue till I top the hall of fame that could be my next move, either that or do it again but only being able to sign U18's or something not decided as of yet. 

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1247129359_CareerProgress.thumb.png.bdc138cefe10dc19ca31ce60ebacf69b.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

609351940_CareerStats.png.a13bda4799818a39a8232d1cff5e0e3c.png

Edited by Crowy

F6ytQYA.png

Gainsborough Trinity - Season 2025/26 - National League - 12th

Season Review - We survived and a midtable finish seemed fair. Though I can't help but feel that it was a missed opportunity in the end.

If it wasn't for fitness issues after February, we could possibly have been looking at a play off campaign. Unfortunately it all fizzled out in March due to fitness issues but at least we were safe by that point.

Finally an appearance in the first round proper! Unfortunately our journey ended pretty quickly to League 1 Northampton. The FA Trophy run ended in the quarter finals to eventual winners Exeter.

Transfers - I managed to get my midfield sorted out during the season so at least that is something I shouldn't have to worry about too much over the summer.

Finances - Going up giving us a boost? Only in the sense that we aren't even worse off. Though at least an increase to our sponsorship deal should help next season...

Youth News -
Intake - Another naff intake. My only shining star is a right winger who I think could be trained into a nifty deep lying striker. Until then though not expecting anything from this lot.

Promotions -
Nicholas Oliver - Would have featured this season but has only just come back from doing his cruciates in. A shame as I think he would have had a bright future if it wasn't for that.
Precious Musa

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Harvey Bradbury - Signed as my main striker in the National League North. He finally came good and pipped Carville by two goals.

Top Assist - Callum Whelan - I'm pleased to see the midfield still providing a good proportion of assists. He will be shifting roles next season so this may be his only chance to take this spot.

Any other business - Now I'm in a higher league I'm managing to loan out players. It's not something I have ever really done in one of these saves so at the moment it is a novelty.

Looking Forward - I'm expecting another season of settling into the National League though if things go our way we could easily sneak a play off place. The old guard are beginning to peter out so I've got to manage dealing with bringing in their replacements without causing a revolt. Could be an interesting season but if the last few saves are anything to go by it will be a struggle...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26     National League              12th

Title.png.525dab44be7aafca2f0f764eaa3b9a38.png

Season 24-25 Summary

What a season!!  Finished 8th and just missed out on the play-offs.  I built on good early form in the league and finished strongly just missing out on a shot at promotion.  A few star players to mention, 21 year old Joe Sheridan, who has been at the club for a few seasons, ended the season as one of the best defenders in the league.  Consistent form from Eddie Brown up front, not the best player but reliable and ended the season with 12 goals in the league.  Potentially a real chance of promotion next season.

Table.thumb.png.5de040acc005946bb41e25e3da385337.png

4 points away from the play-offs.  A real shame to come that close but very promising signs from the team.

FA Cup Qualifying

1821459977_FACup.png.35741fa8a977ffbd3966e19a8ca353dc.png

A terrible result in the FA Cup.  This team must do better in this competition next season and try and bring in some much needed cash.

FA Trophy Cup

830327757_FATrophy.png.bffcf55ce3e2e648b3a88ea5f499fd95.png

Due to our poor performance in the FA Cup, I decided to throw a bit more quality at this competition and was unlucky not to go further.

Positions.thumb.png.b0b68d9bb1bd77cc28d50b7631727a61.png

Future Plans

I must keep the best players from this season and try to build on a fantastic season.  It will be tough with the debts racking up at the club but promotion would ease some of the financial pressure.

F6ytQYA.png

Gainsborough Trinity - Season 2026/27 - National League - 9th

Season Review - Two points off a play off spot. Surprised we ended up finishing as well as we did as at points we couldn't buy a win!

The start of the season was rough and needed some tactical tweaks before we started performing again.

Could have done with an FA Cup run but it wasn't to be, losing to rivals Boston just before the tactical tweaks were made. The FA Trophy ended to eventual winners Darlington.

Transfers - All about packing the defence this season.

Finances - For the first time our wage budget has been cut. Things aren't looking good.

Youth News -
Intake - Not even worth mentioning. My youth squad will be losing a lot of players as I look to cut the wage bill.

Promotions -
Neil Creasey

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Keith Carville - I really don't want to lose him. Far and away our top scorer this season.

Top Assist - Joe Maguire - The assists were spread around fairly evenly this season but our player on the left comes out ahead.

Any other business - Premier League champions United lose to Championship champions Norwich in the FA Cup final on penalties. Everton make the Champions League final only to lose to City in extra time. On a personal note, Hearts offered me an interview. I also ended as Manager of the Year.

Looking Forward - Next season should have been one we build on a fairly settled squad. Unfortunately the wage budget cut has really hit any ambitions though. I'm needed to release a lot of players, including some key ones, to free up the wage budget and relying heavily on youth signings to replace them. Hopefully we won't feel the loss of experience too hard.

2025/26     National League              12th
2026/27     National League              9th

Title.png.f51a1911942e93f5978d88ae329bb00d.png

Season 25-26 Summary

Such a frustrating season.  Started with so much promise after the 9th place finish last season.  The team were not gelling together

image.png.2685de1f9c0d56148b542f42d71d73ce.png

and this type of form carried on until Christmas, two steps forward and three back.

But another change of tactics at the turn of the year to a 4-2-3-1 seemed to be the way forward for this team and results started to pick up

image.png.3bad9bbd208e9e70c8cc5cdb2f88dc48.png

2 losses in the last 11 pushed me up to a respectable position.

Table.thumb.png.a45ad18b3d4d87e2c4b20417fcd61b5c.png

13th with 62pts I think ended up being not too bad after the terrible start.

FA Cup Qualifying

image.png.07c53343d128c615fc79e955966ec52f.png

Frustrated at the final hurdle again!!

FA Trophy Cup

image.png.b3acd75cc5d0b2ba6f970b68f319096d.png

Terrible!!

Future Plans

I failed this season but have managed to keep a good core together for next season.  So many disappointing performances from players.  Next season I need more pace especially down the flanks.  The money situation is starting to really become a problem (-£566,000) so not sure how that will affect everything. 

So I am back with a new attempt as the patch is now out.

Club Introduction

Royston Town

The Newcomers - Cameo 5. Royston Town FC

The Manager

This is me.

ULaWxt7.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

KLFC_logoSM.png.3616a746b0a47f183fe29540ef213986.png

Kings Langley 2028-29 2nd Season Premier League

We were about where we deserved as we finished a place worse than our first season in EPL.  Unfortunately, we didn't improve our play, we got worse defensively and our midfield play was not great until the January addition of Tolgahan Sahin for 10.5 Million from Southampton. Next year we will start to see the full blown fruits of our youngsters as we are finally getting work permits on several key additions. Better backline play is the key for improvement next season as we will continue to lean on Aaron Maguire who is an amazing keeper and has been our starting keeper since we signed him on free from Tottenham in our first season in VN-South. 

Key Players:

Aaron Maguire 35 app 67 Allowed 11 SHO 2 POM 7.06 AVR
Neco Williams 32 app 0 goals 3 assists 1 POM 7.06
Elkan Baggott 16 app 5 goals 1 assist  3 POM 7.39
Max Normann Williamsen 29 app 1 goal 0 assists 2 POM 7.00
Tim Thevis  29 app 1 goal 0 assists 0 POM 6.95
Vladimir Bocanegra 30 app 8 goals 4 assists 1 POM 6.75
Bob Bell 35 app 5 goals 7 assists 1 POM 6.78 
Agustin Lopez 31 app 1 goal 8 assists 2 POM 7.14
Julio Cesar Garcia 23 app 14 goals 5 assists 2 POM 7.21
Tyrese Omotoye 27 app 9 goals 6 assists 1 POM 6.82
David Perez 16 app 9 goals 2 assists 2 POM 6.98

image.png.c8c9e87ae27e0d44da81e88e9f30b8ee.png

image.png.1013751a2e10b08816f2f900fab5ff8d.png

(Ed. If you wish, you can follow along match-by-match in FM Stories> A Bright Dawn- Kings Langley)

Edited by Faramir
adding note about FM Stories

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

Royston Town

The Newcomers - Cameo 5. Royston Town FC

Season Summary

A terrific season where we lifted a league and cup double, securing promotion to the fifth tier as a result.

Season Details

League Table - We dominated from the first game until the last and eventually won the league title and promotion to the fifth tier with five games to spare.  We finished twenty nine points clear of Darlington in second place.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - At one point I thought we would go unbeaten throughout the campaign, though we eventually lost in our thirty first league game.

F. A. Cup - A heartbreaking loss on penalties at home to Vanarama National League outfit Wrexham eliminated us in the first round.

F. A. Trophy - A fabulous cup run where we won our first ever F. A. Trophy and gained sweet revenge on Wrexham in the final at Wembley.

Pre Season Friendlies - With ten games played and just two defeats, it was a pleasing pre season campaign.

Squad - We have a lot of quality and I fully expect to improve this still further.

Squad Dynamics - It is super!

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3  - I overhauled the squad and brought in a lot of free transfers and a few loans.

Transfers Out - Four players left for nominal transfer fees after they decided they would leave on free transfers at the end of the season.

Youth Candidates - A dreadful intake with no player being offered a professional deal.  Attacking midfielder John Carter is supposed to be the best of the bunch.

Finances - We made a small loss over the season and have slipped into the red as a result.

Key Players

Brett McGavin - The central midfielder was exceptional and dictated many games.

Dominic Revan - Our best defender was an absolute rock.

Tristan Abledeen-Goodridge - He top scored with 31 goals in 52 appearances, though he was either feast or famine.  He went missing for large parts of the season.

Charlie Owens - Northern Irish Under 21 international who is a versatile midfielder who predominantly played the anchor role.

Harry Brooke - English teenager who played well enough to make a central midfield place his own.

Next Season

I think a promotion playoff spot is achievable.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         4 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic =          Basic =            Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2022/23      60        44       13        3          121             39                 +82              73.33%

Overall Career Record

2022/23          60        44       13        3         121              39                 +82               73.33%            329 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
28 January 2023    Oliver Turner             Central Midfielder     Pescara                      Italy                           £1,600
31 January 2023    Kaya Tshaka               Defensive Midfielder   Black Leopards               South Africa                    £2,500
 5 February 2023   Ola Okeowo                Right Back             Akwa United F.C. of Uyo      Nigeria                         £4,100

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       First Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Title.png.faa452f0ad923aeccfad1729b665a93f.png

Season 26-27 Summary

Wow this league is so hard to get out of.  This is the closest I have come. The play-off Semi Final.

image.png.a8a7433f7408237661b00b38e513a2aa.png

Table.thumb.png.b44187d705c94532933107b7c148a2ca.png

Chester went on to win in the final and it was them that gained promotion.  Tough to come so close but we keep fighting.

Positions.png.d87ec138fc5ada726d727f496c1cbeed.png

FA Cup Qualifying

FACup.png.8d102e9ccf10a8694b7b5c20df59d1dd.png

Made the FA Cup 1st round for the first time ever and lost to Torquay.  Proud of the effort but disappointed not to progress. 

FA Trophy Cup

FATrophy.png.c04ef5b8df09f3324c77728f598cc80f.png

Terrible again!!

Future Plans

This was my best finish so far.

HighestPos.png.f332c58d071f7ed99e5e62c43b0be037.png

The play-offs are such a lottery that the best way to gain promotion is to win the league outright.  This will be tough next season because once again my best players have decided they are too good for this team and are leaving.  So back to the drawing board.  I will try to keep the core team and add some quality and see where we end up next season.

HighestPos.png

Whitby Town

59f253cd84f12_118px-Whitby_town_fc(1).png.bbd6a36e55629eafb4f1a3cea9507cab.png

National League North – 2022/23 – 5th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A strong first season with Whitby did not result in promotion but was impressive non the less. As a Guiseley season ticket holder I was happy to sign three of their squad from this season (although Jordan Thewlis left after asking for a transfer having been our best player.. judas). The pick of them was Jake Hull who was on loan at Guiseley from Rotherham in the real world. He was impressive for my Whitby side as well and probably my best player. As is usual with this challenge, I spent the first season turning over personnel to strengthen the side.

The season went well and we were in and around the playoffs all season. A strong FA Cup run annoyingly ended in the second round proper away to Kings Langley. Really it’s a game we should have expected to win and could potentially have landed us a premier league tie in the 3rd round. Finishing 5th we faced a play-off 1st round game against Guiseley. A first half penalty was enough to see us through 1-0 but and away draw with York was too much for us and we bowed out with a 1-0 defeat.

Key Players

Martin SviderskySlovakian Midfielder released by Man United. Played fantastic as a playmaker but will return to his homeland at the end of the season.

Jake Hullex-Guiseley legend, signed on a free from Rotherham. Scored an impressive 8 goals from centre-back.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23         National League North           5th      

Title.png.3a6eddd0af6e8b6c257cefc13abb755d.png

Season 27-28 Summary

Yes Finally!! Success! Promotion via the play-offs 😁 

Table.thumb.png.5632888b7ed7692dd99fc4b6f2188cee.png

Two of the best games I have ever managed.  FC United in the semi final of the play-offs. 

They went 0-2 early, then I pulled it back to 2-2 before I went 2 behind again at 2-4.

I scored at 50'mins, 3-4.  Then a crazy 2 mins at 70' and 32' I scored 2 to make it 5-4 and held out until the final whistle.  Phew....Crazy.

PlayoffSemi.png.b995899049ac7dd8d7c297a8c9b685d2.png

Then the Final. I went 2 down to Hereford quite early, but then scored 3 goals in 12 minutes in the second half to win a long awaited promotion.

PlayoffFinal.png.ff3d273ccd1f2d37f7ff5d0584f99252.png

Positions.png.7cab8b45d00ae7b45dc6c2d0869d2280.png

FA Cup Qualifying

Not worth mentioning!

FA Trophy Cup

Not worth mentioning either!!

Future Plans

I feel like I was already punching above my weight in the Vanarama North.  With promotion the question is "can my squad cope with the step up?". 

I'm not convinced they will be good enough.

I will need to try to improve in every area or at least strengthen some key positions.

Whitby Town

National League North – 2023/24 – 5th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

After a strong first season where we finished 5th, I was hoping for promotion in my second season having strengthened significantly. It wasn’t to be. 91 points is a strong return and in previous seasons could well have been enough to secure promotion but York turned in 92 and we went into the playoffs. . In the Semi-Final with a home tie we easily coasted past Halifax Town 3-0. In the Final we were poor and were a goal down to Chester when they had James Horsfield sent off in the 68th minute. A scramble at the death to get an equaliser saw us creating chances but ultimately we were unsuccessful and it was Chester who secured promotion.

We were able to bring in some good players in pre-season with ex-Premiership youngsters making up most of the incomings. I was unable to find a good striker so Rob Harker continued from last season with a decent 25 goal return. With some more good recruitment I would expect promotion next season to be a comfortable expectation.

Key Players

Kyle JohnThe ex-Everton right-back had an excellent season contributing 14 assists.

Max ThompsonThe inside forward scored 20 goals from the left wing having signed from Burnley.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24         National League North           2nd                                             Playoff Finalists      

Might give this another try started one a few months back as Lancaster city but gave up for some reason, any tips on how i can mange to keep it this time around your advice would be welcomed 

Edited by Gersdude123

Whitby Town

National League North – 2024/25 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion was secured in our third season with a comfortable run to the championship. Brackley and Spennymoor hung with us for much of the season and finished on respectable 91 and 89 points respectively but we always looked a level above.

We started strongly but defeats to Blyth and Boston in October persuaded me that some strengthening would be required. I ended up signing a whole new attacking line up with striker Freddie Lapato (ex-Rotherham), wingers Ian Poveda (ex-Leeds) and Nathan Broadhead (ex-Derby) and playmaker Hayden Hackney (ex-Middlesborough) arriving by the end of October. All had been squad players featuring for their clubs in the Premiership/Championship. Of these, Broadhead had the biggest impact scoring almost a goal every other game from the left wing. The real start arrived in November with Leighton Clarkson signing. He scored double figures of goals and assists from a holding defensive midfield role, largely from set pieces.

Key Players

Leighton ClarksonThe ex-Liverpool holding midfielder was prolific from set pieces and the standout player of the season.

Nathan BroadheadSigned from Derby and once of Everton, Broadhead scored 11 league goals from the left wing.

Record

2023/24         National League North           2nd                                             Playoff Finalists      
2023/24         National League North           1st                                             Champions, Promoted