Touch to Full Fat

What do you do if you don't like it?

Played every version of the game since CM2 and moved to FM Touch when it first became available. 

Full fat is too much, it's like moving from reading a birthday card one one day to having to read Lord of the Rings on another. 

I've bought the full fat version, so another purchase isn't going to happen

Is my FM life done?

1 hour ago, kccircle said:

What do you do if you don't like it?

Played every version of the game since CM2 and moved to FM Touch when it first became available. 

Full fat is too much, it's like moving from reading a birthday card one one day to having to read Lord of the Rings on another. 

I've bought the full fat version, so another purchase isn't going to happen

Is my FM life done?

You could hand things you don't want to do to your staff

I'm a former FMT player and I really don't think the move to the full game is too painful as long as you delegate many of the jobs to your assistant. But it does create a fair few more clicks to progress between matches. 

The worst part of FM by far is the media. Media will always be repetitive unless you're prepared to build a database containing hundreds of thousands of possible questions and answers, but even then... Who wants to spend their precious gaming time answering questions? There are constant conferences, then random questions almost every day, then pre-match interviews, constant transfer questions, and even questions during international breaks asking me if I'm happy a player has scored. I mean come on, tone it down! Hopefully an option to completely turn off media will come in future, as for me that's what turned me to FMT in the first place. 

But other than that I quite like some of the other features and I'm starting to enjoy team talks. 

32 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

The worst part of FM by far is the media. Media will always be repetitive unless you're prepared to build a database containing hundreds of thousands of possible questions and answers, but even then... Who wants to spend their precious gaming time answering questions? There are constant conferences, then random questions almost every day, then pre-match interviews, constant transfer questions, and even questions during international breaks asking me if I'm happy a player has scored. I mean come on, tone it down! Hopefully an option to completely turn off media will come in future, as for me that's what turned me to FMT in the first place. 

You can ignore the once that come through your inbox and you can also filter the item that comes in the inbox if there is something that you really don't want to see

Unfortunately you'll have to do what I'm doing and solely buy the Xbox Edition on PC. 

The "you can just delegate" doesn't do that much; there's still dynamics, more inane questions than you get in Touch, bloat, and above all else, slowness. 

I could run a dozen nations in Touch and it flew; in Bloat it would take me an hour to move a fortnight if I was lucky. 

I was tempted to buy both, but given the fact I play 5 times as much Touch as Bloat, I'll try Xbox Edition, if only to prove there's some demand for it.

I thought FMT on my switch was a good blend of depth which I could get used to but it didn’t feel right having full fat FM available and not using it lol

my main gripe with FMT though on pc was that I really missed looking through the reserves and U21 league structure to find good players. Plus looking at my own club it irked me I had only first team and reserves when IRL of course we had a 3 deep structure. If they mimicked that across to FMT so the main thing was you didn’t have to faff with the media/team talk nonsense then it would have been fine. 

My problem is that playing the Bloat version properly requires me to let something in my life slip, like work or relations with family, in two hours on an evening you get sweet FA done.

Then people suggest ‘oh just ignore the media or news’, well no, because then I miss relevant things going on.

Really confused how anybody of working age with a functioning work/family life who is healthy can spend enough time on Bloat to get anywhere!

I was exclusively touch when it first came out.  Used to set up a cloud save for PC when home and iPad one the road/vacation.  Absolutely loved it.  FM2019 I got a new PC and dabbled with full version again.  Could never get back into Touch after that as was always missing elements.  Sure there are elements of full that are too much for me, especially working 40-60 hours a week these days.  But I can get full version into a good enough rhythm and complete a season over the course of a week.

10 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

Play it on Nintendo Switch, the UI is excellent as well as the commands and seasons really fly by. If they fixed the regen problem from last year, I'm all in (unless they added meetings and the press to Switch edition, then I'm all out).

What were the regen issues mate? 

debating between Switch and Xbox version for 22.

As seasons went on, there were fewer and fewer regens, after five or so seasons, teams would get maybe 1-3 players per intake, and many wouldn't get any at all. After 10 or more seasons in the game, there were no useful players to be bought.

Edited by Zoolok42

7 minutes ago, Lindhoffen said:

You're playing a football manager simulation but you don't wanna be a manager.

Mate, you need to check your privilege at the door.

Nah. Some of us just have a life outside of sitting infront of a laptop for 50 hours a week

On 23/10/2021 at 13:52, Br3nB said:

My problem is that playing the Bloat version properly requires me to let something in my life slip, like work or relations with family, in two hours on an evening you get sweet FA done.

Then people suggest ‘oh just ignore the media or news’, well no, because then I miss relevant things going on.

Really confused how anybody of working age with a functioning work/family life who is healthy can spend enough time on Bloat to get anywhere!

Family come second.....of course ;)

I usually play full FM, because I like to play in fantasy leagues I create in the editor. I prefer FM Classic (can we drop once and for all the Touch name?). Even delegating stuff, fat FM isn't has fast has FM Classic, don't forget you have the team meetings and players meetings will require your attention. Not to mention you have to tweak the training if you suffer from OCD, because I will call names towards your Ass. Manager that will make things a bit weird, that you don't agree with. You also have to consider that you have to be careful when you tweak your tactics, since there is tactic familiarity and other stuff that there is in the fat FM, that wasn't on the classic. And No Instant Result...

Sure will take sometime to get use to it, and some forcing in the middle how slow fat FM is compare to FM Classic.

That said, still can't believe it, that SI has made the worst decision in the history of their company. :( I predict the end of FM Switch and Xbox versions to end in the next 2 to 3 years. Unless SI got very big bucks and this was exclusive on those two platforms kind of stuff deal for the next few years, but why would they omit that?

PS: What I like for one for SI to do is enable the editor for FMT21, so the minority of us can continue with our little and insignificant lives in the eyes of SI.

Edited by grade

I'm making that transition this year, or will at least try to!

I think scouting (as in how long it takes to uncover all attributes), media interaction and team talks slow things down quite a bit but not sure whether I'm confident enough to leave my assistant manager in control of all that stuff - I feel like I'm walking on egg shells dealing with that stuff as it is, especially with players.