[Discussion] Physical and some Mental abilities of players from lower leagues

vsavinov

I can't understand why the physical data of the players from the lower leagues is very much inferior to the players from the higher leagues. This is basically something that comes from nature and does not have to be the result of training. I understand technically and some mental, and that's not all, for example - Aggression, Bravery, Composure, Concentration, Determination, Leadership, and Work Rate must also be higher and commensurate. This results in a strong imbalance in favor of players from the major leagues, especially in Acceleration, Paces, Stamina, and Jumping Reach. Very unfair.

Edited by vsavinov

• vsavinov changed the title to [Discussion] Physical some Mental abilities of players from lower leagues

For me only "Technical skills" should count towards a players "current ability" and against their "potential ability"... Mental and Physicals should be omitted to allow for the lower leagues to have more diverse players, a way of balancing if you will.

For instance if your in the 5th division on some random league and the average technical ability is low as it should be what is preventing a player from being physically dominant whilst technical average according the the league levels standards.

• vsavinov changed the title to [Discussion] Physical and some Mental abilities of players from lower leagues
  • 3 weeks later...

I definitely agree with this!

A good solution to this would be to have separate CA and PA values for technical, mental and physical attributes. This would both make the game more realistic and harder as player potential would be much harder to guess.

• 3 months later...
  • SI Staff

We do get suggestions about changes to the CA/PA systems in the game. To an extent I can see where you're coming from, but keep in mind that the physical attributes are not laboratory condition judgements or even flat out measures. They're a measure of how good and at the same time how effective they can deploy that particular physical trait in a footballing environment.

The easiest example perhaps is when Usain Bolt made the crossover briefly, we all knew he had phenomenal speed and the immediate thought would be absolutely 20 for pace. Yet at times even in a lower level environment when under pressure and in the confines of the pitch at times he didn't look as fast as we knew he actually would be in track conditions.

He might have, in time, learned to deploy his speed in a footballing context but it wasn't guaranteed.