Attending games to scout

miguelinho

(originally posted in FM22 bugs as I'm sure previous FMs revealed partial attributes as you attended games)

My scouting range is only allowed as far as England as Curzon Ashton but player search brought up Ray Sullivan at Shamrock. As I can't send scouts, I attended a game myself. Surely actually witnessing the player "myself" should allow me to at least see a range of his attributes?

On a sidenote, I added him to my shortlist but apparently the media were at a loss for my attendance (he played 90 minutes) but whenever other managers attend games, it is to take a closer look at the player they're interested in?

Curiosity got the better of me as regards stats not becoming visible, so I watched two Malta games against Slovakia and Croatia (I'm part-Maltese and have this set on the game, thus I do have average Maltese knowledge in-game) and, even despite having Maltese knowledge on my profile, not one player's stats became visible.

Is there a minimum number of games you need to attend to see players' attributes?

nostats.png

spotted.png

shortlist.png

Edited by miguelinho
copy and paste issue

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this one. We have had some suggestions about the attribute fog and when managers are attending games. We'll keep this in mind but in regards to the issue with the news item it may be a bug issue that could warrant further investigation. Overall its something that may be declined as an idea, but also could be something included in the FM series in the future.