Native Apple Silicon Support

Fremontflyers40

I don't know how widespread this knowledge is but right now the Football Manager app on Apple Silicon (Apple m1, pro, max) is the Intel (x86) version of the app being converted to run on Apple Silicon (ARM). This process is being done via a translation layer called Rosetta 2. The initial version of Rosetta which came out in the mid 2000s for the PowerPC to Intel move was included with MacOS versions for 2.5 years before being removed and axing the ability for the systems to run PPC apps. with Apple Silicon already being released about a year ago one can predict that the removal of this translation layer could be done within the next 1.5 to 2 years.

My Suggestion would to be to start delivering the game as a universal app to not only take full advantage of Apple Silicon, but to ensure future compatibility with MacOS.

(sorry if stuff is wrong I am not a computer engineer)

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Hey, this kind of thing is of course important to users but not really a feature of the FM titles in the traditional sense. Of course we will keep in mind the core development of the game and platforms supported (and to what level) closely in mind. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts however, it is appreciated.