*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, STaphouse said:

There are other editors out there. There's a very popular one that has kept the same price.

Obviously I can't name them on here but you don't HAVE to buy the official one.

Unofficial editors have been known to cause problems with the game and the game's memory in the past. If you encounter any problems with a save after using any kind of unofficial tool on it, we're not in a position to touch said save. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, richie rich italia said:

there are a lot of problem this year on the game,

i pay 40 euro to buy it so i wish a patch to fix all of this problem

thank you so much

riccardo

1. loading bagin of the game so slowly
  2. no present coach (hansi flick) (in the beta was present)
  3. contract and future trasfer wrong
  4. editor not changed from years

Flick isn't included due to licensing issues. 

For any bugs with  the game please raise them via our Bug Tracker here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, jc1 said:

Yep up from £3.99 to £5.99

To be fair,  they have to make up for the funds lost now that FM Touch and its wonderful micro transactions are gone. 

I mean,  how else are they going to afford this year's pancake day?

In general the game this year is very good, but the ME still has issues that makes the game a bit frustrating. 

Crossing/wide play is very OP to the point where it's very difficult to prevent crosses coming in, and to defend them when they do. 

Possessing/passing is a little messed up, as people have said in this thread countless times, so I won't rehash. 

VAR is a little boring when 95% of them are awarded after the review. Sample size of a whole season in a network save with four players, so that's effectively four seasons worth of solo player decisions. 

However, my most hated thing is the AI constantly underbidding by huge amounts to unsettle players. This is a very real thing that happens, but not every time and not to this degree. 

Nobody is cutting around bidding 10-50% of a players value every single time for players who have genuine class at established top tier teams. Imagine someone in real life actually bid £8m for Vlahovic like they can on FM, they'd be laughed out the room and banned from future negotiation ls for wasting time and being disrespectful. 

This makes the game infinitely less enjoyable and kills immersion, I hope it's fixed soon. 

Wide CBs are absolutely class though. Love the tactical benefit they bring, and how they can be exploited as well. 

5 minutes ago, Bradley21 said:

VAR is a little boring when 95% of them are awarded after the review. Sample size of a whole season in a network save with four players, so that's effectively four seasons worth of solo player decisions. 

However, my most hated thing is the AI constantly underbidding by huge amounts to unsettle players. This is a very real thing that happens, but not every time and not to this degree. 

Nobody is cutting around bidding 10-50% of a players value every single time for players who have genuine class at established top tier teams. Imagine someone in real life actually bid £8m for Vlahovic like they can on FM, they'd be laughed out the room and banned from future negotiation ls for wasting time and being disrespectful. 

This makes the game infinitely less enjoyable and kills immersion, I hope it's fixed soon. 

Wide CBs are absolutely class though. Love the tactical benefit they bring, and how they can be exploited as well. 

About VAR. Last year 100% of the decisions were "Goal disallowed" after offsides. This year it seems more balanced, I've definitely seen both Awarded and Disallowed, but there could be a bias towards awarded goals.

And I completely agree with your 2nd point, AI teams are bidding ridiculously low sometimes and the player gets unsettled and mad at you.

Are Inside Forwards supposed to have Get Further Forward locked in for both duties? Previously, only Attack duty had it.

OVTamzW.png

The only difference between Support and Attack now seems to be you can instruct IF on Support to also Hold Position, but how does that then work with Get Further Forward locked in?

2ssu0mf.png

50 minutes ago, (sic) said:

It's actually disgusting. It's a tool that shouldn't cost anything, even 5 eur was a bit much for it. But to increase the price by 60% for no reason is just disgusting by SI.

Are we going to forget how many time they've given the game out for free in the past 2 years? 

People are so quick to forget

6 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Are we going to forget how many time they've given the game out for free in the past 2 years? 

People are so quick to forget

What free game? FM-Touch? I couldn't care less about it, never played it. Besides, how is that relevant? If anything the editor should've been more expensive back then, when they gave out touch for free.

I have added players in the advanced settings when setting up a new game to represent players in top league. ( I didnt add the league as playable/view only)

Is there anyway to see what countries I selected and furthermore, is this likely to cause a significant slowdown in my game in seasons to come?

14 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Are Inside Forwards supposed to have Get Further Forward locked in for both duties? Previously, only Attack duty had it.

The only difference between Support and Attack now seems to be you can instruct IF on Support to also Hold Position, but how does that then work with Get Further Forward locked in?

Report that as a UI bug please :thup:

12 hours ago, zgiorgos10 said:

I want to say something to SI staff:

I play this game from championship manager series. This game is something more for us. I speak as someone who counts everything in the tactical side of the game. Many years now, from the release of the FM, i feel the game is unplayable. The tactical side of the game is a disappointment in every single year.

So when you set a confirmation date of release, why the game is not stable?

Anyone of you tell me how to play this game. Does anyone of you from SI is playing the game now?

You have some people as customers, like me, who cares about the tactics, it's the first  we look and the reason we play the game.

I am not against you, i am in your side and every year i buy the game but the disappointment is there.

Tell me a reason please why i should continue to play.

I know in three or four months, the game will be ok, but why you don't release the game in March? So many versions the game until then is unplayable...

Hope someone to answer me.

Thanks

If it's so bad how come no other company has been able to do it better? The complexity of this game and the match engine is insane. It's not easy at all to tweak and change. Everything is connected, when you change something you risk breaking something else.

4 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Not my experience. I've had a game with three offside VAR reviews and seen a penalty check too. They're possibly less intrusive than Beta for me but they're still there.

Good to hear, i think SI did a fantastic job with VAR this year on the beta, hopefully it's carried over to the final release.

4 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Nobody else suffering from really slow processing speed? I've changed nothing from my beta set up but the game is now running so slow, 2/3 minutes a day!

Yeah, I am a bit, was taking quite a while on match days 

1 hour ago, STaphouse said:

There are other editors out there. There's a very popular one that has kept the same price.

Obviously I can't name them on here but you don't HAVE to buy the official one.

Does that excuse such a price raise? It doesn't. Other editors existing doesn't make it ok to raise the price by 40+%

10 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Honestly, just ignore them for now, it's hardly game breaking. Annoying, yes, unable to play the game, no. It's been a bit wonky for a couple of years ago now, this year more so. I've always ignored it, goals win games & all that   

I agree with you about the possession #'s , but it is annoying since they made the "Data Hub" the central feature of this years game.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, I am a bit, was taking quite a while on match days 

I haven't really noticed a lag except on Transfer Window Deadline days when I skip the media portion, but then I spend a lot of time checking my emails and micromanaging the team.

1 hour ago, (sic) said:

It's actually disgusting. It's a tool that shouldn't cost anything, even 5 eur was a bit much for it. But to increase the price by 60% for no reason is just disgusting by SI.

It's £2

It won't be free, why should it?

5 minutes ago, Peter G said:

It's £2

It won't be free, why should it?

It’s £5.99. I guess it depends if you feel like it should be part of the full game that you purchase, or if you see it as an optional ‘add on’ (which is what it’s sold as). 

Just now, jonpenman said:

It’s £5.99. I guess it depends if you feel like it should be part of the full game that you purchase, or if you see it as an optional ‘add on’ (which is what it’s sold as). 

Yes, but it's a £2 increase was my point.

It will never been free (again - think it was in the past) as the costs are increasing and it takes time to develop and test

13 часов назад, ajw10 сказал:

In future don't buy it, so you don't get all upset when SI don't release the thousand of changes they make to satisfy an unbelievable small section of their userbase 

don't know why my comment disappeared (or was deleted), so making it one more time - why this should be a problem at all if they definitely should have some kind of bugs tracking software, so exporting or creating a list from that shouldn't be a problem, most of software development teams does this. The only reasons I see for this are they just don't have a lot to show or they don't really have bugs tracking/fixing system (which I doubt).

Just now, Peter G said:

Yes, but it's a £2 increase was my point.

It will never been free (again - think it was in the past) as the costs are increasing and it takes time to develop and test

Except the in-game editor is exactly the same as it's been in the past how many years, so the price increase doesn't seem justifiable.

It's just annoying that I've left enough money in my steam wallet to purchase the editor, but it turns out it's not enough. I have to go out of my way now to add money to my card just for those extra 3 euros to purchase it. At least they could've mentioned the price of it beforehand.

Now I probably wont be bothering to purchase it any time soon.

Just now, (sic) said:

Except the in-game editor is exactly the same as it's been in the past how many years, so the price increase doesn't seem justifiable.

It's just annoying that I've left enough money in my steam wallet to purchase the editor, but it turns out it's not enough. I have to go out of my way now to add money to my card just for those extra 3 euros to purchase it. At least they could've mentioned the price of it beforehand.

Now I probably wont be bothering to purchase it any time soon.

With no FM Touch it's not surprising it's had a slight increase tbh

Looking forward to the patches.  Really disheartening to see that again we have a game that's so easy to create exploits where the ME still can't cope with aggressive attacking tactics - YouTube quickly being filled with unrealistic 'best tactic' content. I'm really hoping that SI really make an effort to balance the ME before it ruins online games.

I'll post some ridiculous comparison stats to the correct thread later. For the time being (for those interested) just look at detailed tackling stats for the league - you'll likely find the best attackers are dominating these unlike real life, I'm not talking marginally either. To me this suggests the game favours aggressive pressing and will make it difficult to employ a balance of successful tactics.

Again, I look forward to the patches because the game is not far away from being the best yet.

45 minutes ago, Butters76 said:

You have some people as customers, like me, who cares about the tactics, it's the first  we look and the reason we play the game.

I am not against you, i am in your side and every year i buy the game

6 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I agree it's not as bad as 19 or 20, the issue is that a problem has been found in the beta and acknowledged, but not fixed. Question marks should be raised as to 1 why does this keep happening, and 2 how was this not picked up before it got to beta stage? 

I know the beta picks up on smaller bugs that may otherwise be missed, but I'm starting to think there shouldnt be an open beta anymore if there isnt enough time to fix any of the real issues each time. The reason I compared it to 19/20 is because they kept saying they knew about the issues and never got fixed until 21. It's not a good system.

I would imagine they attempted to fix it but it had a knock on impact to other parts of the ME that were deemed to make the overall quality  worse. SI have said they're working on it so hopefully a hotfix will be out sooner rather than later, but I don't blame them for not taking the risk just to get that one thing fixed before release date. 

12 часов назад, buddiemirren сказал:

the irony here just mind-blowing; some people on here are of the opinion that unless you agree with them then your right to an opinion is forfieted and ripe for belittlement and abuse

totally agree on this, saw it many times here, some people just can't handle existing of different opinion.

11 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

I would imagine they attempted to fix it but it had a knock on impact to other parts of the ME that were deemed to make the overall quality  worse. SI have said they're working on it so hopefully a hotfix will be out sooner rather than later, but I don't blame them for not taking the risk just to get that one thing fixed before release date. 

This is the core issue. I don't know how far the current ME can improve, when every year there are major issues like these. FM21 was probably the best ME we've had.

The big issue this year was probably the new role and animation engine having an effect on everything, so because of that, many things that worked in FM21 are now broken in FM22.

27 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

... YouTube quickly being filled with unrealistic 'best tactic' content. ...

This a positive marketing wise, modern gamers like these exploits, it feels to them like a game-within-a-game where their superior knowledge of the 'secrets' gives them an advantage over their peers. It's part-and-parcel of modern competitive gaming, when you have ladders, rankings, etc, all of these things become part of the game. The concept of a 'realistic' game (in modern gaming) if far from the strict meaning of the word and far from what where the ambitions of simulation games back in the late 90s early 00s.

2 часа назад, (sic) сказал:

it's a monopoly, they don't have real competitors and sales raises each year despite not a lot of changes in the game, so why not to increase price.

7 hours ago, BarryTheLarry said:

Nothing would make me happier than to have the next FM have literally zero changes to anything but the match engine. Imagine if they spent a year focussing on the match engine until it got to a very good place, then only making minor adjustments each year (e.g. adding new animations) and being able to focus on adding new other stuff.

Since I started playing back in FM17, it feels like FM becomes playable by around March, only to be broken again when the next FM comes out. I don't understand. FM21 actually got to a pretty good point (obviously still things could be improved), and was far superior to where it is currently. I'm sure it will get to a playable point in 5 months with several patches, but I don't understand why the game is only playable until about 5 months after release. This will be the last FM that I buy early.

Hopefully SI will eventualy understand that a playable match engine on RELEASE is COMFORTABLY the most important aspect of the game. For it to be in the state it's in at the moment is quite ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to being able to give some feedback very soon. In the meantime, because comments like these are the only thing I have to read right now...

You want a March-level match engine in November. You want the match engine to grow, but without making mistakes. You're asking for something that's just frankly impossible. After 9 years playing, safe to say the ME can do things I have never seen any other football sim do, so it's not hard to figure out that it's a very complicated beast. 5 or 10 years ago, I may have even suggested the ME team is not big enough, but I don't think that's the case anymore. The reality is that I have never played an ME that was perfect or unplayable or in your words "ridiculous", just some that were better than others. The ME is not like J.K. Rowling writing a book; it's never going to be perfect, because it's constantly being added to.

The fact that the game needs to be patched every year has nothing to do with the ME team's competence. Instead, it should give you an idea of how difficult it is to code a game of football. What FIFA and Konami do every year with their big budgets is admirable, but nothing compared to what SI is trying to accomplish. The year you get a perfect engine in October/November will never come, because you cannot have progress without setbacks. If you play FM in November, you are going to get a November engine. There is a reason for this, even if you choose to ignore it. When I bought the game, I was fully aware that I am opening a work in progress--that's just how it is. But we already own other FMs, so there are options other than having unrealistic expectations of perfection.