*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, b2khn said:

State of the game: very sad.

Just my opion on the current version of the game, after the last update.

The ME is basicly broken;

Inverted Role do not work.

Forward movement is actually Wingplay.

Short throw ins are the best attacking option.

Corners are nerfed into oblivion.

Players cant finish anymore, (not just the users Player, but the AIs Player.)

Long kicks from the Keeper, are often not dealt with in a way that make any sense.

Stats are broken;

Don't if it is an issue on counting, but they are inconsistent. Just compare march stats and datacenter stats.

Tackle ratio is broken, tackle in total numbers is to low.

Dribbling is to low. (No data about dribbling ratio)

Passing is broken, passing ratio is to good.

Offside is broken, Offsides are like Kindergarten positioning. (Especially in Set pieces)

Defensive Positioning is way to ball centric, in general.

Still no covershadow in the game.

Transfers/loans and Rectruitment/Scouting/Trialing is broken. 

Database is in some Leagues/Regions not good.

Stamina is even in very high numbers, to low.

You sound like a barrel of laughs. I'd suggest you get a different hobby rather than playing FM. Perhaps standing at the side of the road making derogatory comments at people's driving? 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, it's all stuff that warrants mentioning is it not? Only the 'state of this game' comment is a bit uncalled for but it is a feedback thread sometimes you just have a whole bunch of issues. noticed some of this stuff previously that I hadn't mentioned or seen mentioned by anyone else here. Having a go at someone for having a less positive experience than you doesn't fix any issues

The offside awareness is quite funny at times, seen lots of instances of like 7 guys all obliviously standing way offside for an indirect FK, and passes made to guys so far offside they resemble when you just get the direction button wrong on FIFA.

Edited by properdisco

15 minutes ago, properdisco said:

I mean, it's all stuff that warrants mentioning is it not? Only the 'state of this game' comment is a bit uncalled for but it is a feedback thread sometimes you just have a whole bunch of issues. noticed some of this stuff previously that I hadn't mentioned or seen mentioned by anyone else here. Having a go at someone for having a less positive experience than you doesn't fix any issues

The offside awareness is quite funny at times, seen lots of instances of like 7 guys all obliviously standing way offside for an indirect FK, and passes made to guys so far offside they resemble when you just get the direction button wrong on FIFA.

Don't deny it's feedback, just felt it appropriate to mention if you notice that much 'broken' with something you're doing for enjoyment, I'd personally suggest doing something else with your free time. Call it an intervention rather than having a go. 

On 13/12/2021 at 10:03, properdisco said:

I can't fathom caring this much about inward dribbling and making a big deal of something so complicated

I can't fathom caring this much about wingbacks not crossing the halfway line and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about defensive midfielders refusing to make a tackle and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about corner takers always playing it short and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about keepers never moving during a penalty and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about attacking midfielders always passing backwards and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about strikers only going for chip shots and making a big deal of something so complicated

You know some of us shoot for a higher bar in life and expect it from those we buy products from as well. Different strokes for different folks.

In FM22 ME I like to see changes what is made to mistakes and player movement. Also things like wide defending and how and what tempo game flows head to head. Still at the moment my playing times have dropped from 1000's of hours to 300 because next lines I'm going to write.

MY Personal problem with the FM22 and I think against the whole series is:

>> Lack of challenge, and this is because of (In my eyes) one or two things.

1) AI and ME just can't produce a game day where you can mess things up big time. AI can't make big enough mistakes or correct them because the way game is build around realistic numbers being possible. At the moment AI and ME need to behave in a way the FM footballing world looks like realistic in numbers and that's a huge challenge when thinking how well AI can react inside matches.

2) Training and match preparations do not have big enough effect to match days. I mean now you can make 100 tactical changes as a human player and your players are just "Sir yes SIR". This gives huge edge against AI who needs to play against human with same tools it plays agains AI to give realistic numbers and match/league results. Match preparations should dictate how much you can make tactical decisions inside the match.

Anyway. I always want to remain positive but I've one wish for SI. As a manager let us and ofc AI make bigger mistakes. Add there more chaos decisions because making a mistake we can really see is honest. :D

Thinking of starting a new save just to get Ole out of the game because his imbalanced 4-2-3-1 is rewarded way too much, in no way should a double pivot of Pogba and Milinkovic-Savic with two wing backs behind should have you top of the league…

doesn’t help that whenever a manager moves to a new club their preferred tactic turns to the exact same 4-2-3-1, not even Flick and Nagelsmann is this attacking 

1 minute ago, Jaydenoren said:

Thinking of starting a new save just to get Ole out of the game because his imbalanced 4-2-3-1 is rewarded way too much, in no way should a double pivot of Pogba and Milinkovic-Savic with two wing backs behind should have you top of the league…

doesn’t help that whenever a manager moves to a new club their preferred tactic turns to the exact same 4-2-3-1, not even Flick and Nagelsmann is this attacking 

In my save i started from the BETA he was sacked in 2025 or 26 i. He won the title and the next year he was out of the door after 15 games or so.

2 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

Why don't you just use a transfer update file or use in game editor to put Rangnick in charge? People talk about Ole in the game, but Arteta and arsenal are always challenging for the title and are op as hell in fm22

Minor pet peeve of mine that is still in the game- players taking corners and then making no effort to get back onside.

So if the corner gets cleared, goes out to someone 30/40 yards from goal- that player automatically looks to recycle the ball out wide to the corner taker who inevitably has just decided to leisurely jog back and is given offside.

hace 4 horas, Davidjamson dijo:

IF / IWs will always have more space outside towards their weak leg than inside towards their strong leg, defenders are not stupids. If for some of you that justifies that players like Salah, Dembele, Fati, Vinicius or Mbappė almost never try to run with the ball inside... You have to see more matches of these players. They are dribblers and in reality they don't get scared and run away every time they have a defender in front of them, sometimes they try to dribble him, that's what makes those players special.

In any case, the biggest issue is not that they don't do it against closed defenses, the worst is in 1 vs 1 situations and counterattacks where they rarely try to dribble inside.

If you don't like dribbling, ok, mark the option to face less the defense or dribble less in tactics, the bug is that those of us who want more driblings inside looking for goal, we mark that option and it doesn't work. 

A game of tactics like FM should allow all of us to make our team play as we want, those of us who want less dribbling and a lot of passing and those of us who want less passing and more dribbling and skills. And if I sign players with a tendency to run with the ball cutting inside, I play with roles that the game describes saying that they cut inside, I mark in the tactic that they dribble more to the defense... And they rarely do, it is a bug.

13 hours ago, tarzanofmars said:

I can't fathom caring this much about wingbacks not crossing the halfway line and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about defensive midfielders refusing to make a tackle and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about corner takers always playing it short and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about keepers never moving during a penalty and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about attacking midfielders always passing backwards and making a big deal of something so complicated
I can't fathom caring this much about strikers only going for chip shots and making a big deal of something so complicated

You know some of us shoot for a higher bar in life and expect it from those we buy products from as well. Different strokes for different folks.

Well, at least the IF/IW issue is real and not just made up by you, so maybe it is worth caring that much about.

MEs are complicated. There will always be tweaks to make, the technology is still so young and is being regularly overhauled. There is a lot more room for understanding (at least, there should be) than there is with the interface issues, many of which have just been around for far too long. It's just funny to me that you can't get a promising young player a loan move, or you can have your season ruined by a poorly coded team meeting yet this has been by far the most over-discussed issue on this board. 

So if people can stop quoting these posts thinking I don't want IFs fixed now, that'd be great thanks.

5 hours ago, Metal said:

Why don't you just use a transfer update file or use in game editor to put Rangnick in charge? People talk about Ole in the game, but Arteta and arsenal are always challenging for the title and are op as hell in fm22

Arteta is actually quality coach irl

Hello Guys, I did not wanted to give an answer to someone. So I waited just a bit..

On topic: I don't feel like the game is in such a good shape. The reasons listed in my last post. Iam not alone with that feeling, but I don't see SI reflecting on the matter. At least nit in a way, that I can agree with.

I do understand, that we are all just human beeings, and it maybe needs some time and change of point of view.

To conclude, Iam still hopeful for next years updates to fix all the issues.

And I do wish you a very happy Christmas. 

Ben

Anyone else having the issue where the sports scientists report received in the inbox does not match up with the health tab

His report in the inbox always states that multiple players still having areas of their game they haven't recaptured yet despite the players having fully recovered, yet on the medical tab it gives the correct information

I'm noticing teams are seemingly gluttons for rejection- teams keep bidding for the same players even though they keep rejecting them. For example Watford keep trying to buy Ozan Kabak from my Norwich team. I'm open to selling him and they've met my asking price twice- both times I've accepted, both times he rejected the contract but they've just come back with a third bid!

FM22 seems to continue the scarcity of newgen Wingbacks suitable for supporting or attacking roles.

Most of the WBs I see ingame are good for defending, which means bad dribbling and crossing stats.

Here's a prime example of last year's NxGn winner, pretty much the best young WB you can get in my save at the moment:

1208049666_Screenshot2021-12-23173129.jpg.ea78a3e1ee61479a4f68520aec4be209.jpg

Sure, he's 19 now, so you can try to improve his crossing, but you won't find newgen WBs with decent crossing from the start.

This has been an issue in earlier FMs, too. I could make a fortune just training decent WBs, because their market value would skyrocket due to scarcity.

Come on, SI.

39 minutes ago, Prej said:

FM22 seems to continue the scarcity of newgen Wingbacks suitable for supporting or attacking roles.

Most of the WBs I see ingame are good for defending, which means bad dribbling and crossing stats.

Here's a prime example of last year's NxGn winner, pretty much the best young WB you can get in my save at the moment:

Sure, he's 19 now, so you can try to improve his crossing, but you won't find newgen WBs with decent crossing from the start.

This has been an issue in earlier FMs, too. I could make a fortune just training decent WBs, because their market value would skyrocket due to scarcity.

Come on, SI.

Acceleration, Pace, Teamwork, Work Rate, Technique, Decisions, Natural Fitness in age of 19... Already EPL player, first choice of LB, RB

Still trying demo and it seems ok but I see a lot of fouls, especially from the opposition. Anyone experienced this issue? Usually they have 20+ fouls and it doesn't matter if I manage top team or some outsider. I will post screens after finishing half year with Galatasaray. 

From other posts I'm also dissapointed from ongoing problems with schedule (only one day off between matches), international calls before cup final, player promises and broken transfer screen when transfers from June are counted in previous season summary. It's not game breaking but it last for years...Is it so difficult to get it finally right?

The only thing why I consider updating from 21 is the possibility to develop weaker foot.

I admire all people who work at this game. Go through so many posts must ve overwhelming. Generally it is great.

15 hours ago, kepz said:

Shouldn’t “run at defense” require more intensity and “dribble less” require less?

"Run at defense" is for the player with the ball, to run more, while "dribble less" will tell the player with the ball to look for a pass, but that then means that the rest of the team has to run a lot into empty space to be able to receive the ball. The game could do a better job on explaining all this thigs, because I could be completely wrong.

17 hours ago, Prej said:

Come on, SI.

This is a very good player, I think your expectations are way off.

1 hour ago, Prej said:

Umm, I never said he wasn't.

What kind of mold do you expect then? You should maybe retrain an AP, to FB/WB. Your player is top quality, I would play him every game possible. FB/WB/DM maybe WM, at 24 he will be world class.

1 hour ago, b2khn said:

What kind of mold do you expect then? You should maybe retrain an AP, to FB/WB. Your player is top quality, I would play him every game possible. FB/WB/DM maybe WM, at 24 he will be world class.

I think both of you didn't even read my post.

Let me quote myself: "Sure, he's 19 now, so you can try to improve his crossing, but you won't find newgen WBs with decent crossing from the start".

10 minutes ago, Prej said:

Let me quote myself: "Sure, he's 19 now, so you can try to improve his crossing, but you won't find newgen WBs with decent crossing from the start".

10-11 in crossing for 19 yo player is very good.

There is a reason why SI have colors to indicate what is average, good and excellent in attributes. Average is 6, 11 is Good, 16 is excellent.

1 minute ago, fc.cadoni said:

There is a reason why SI have colors to indicate what is average, good and excellent in attributes. Average is 6, 11 is Good, 16 is excellent.

10-11 in whatever stat for a 19-year old player isn't very good IMO. Otherwise the game would be chock full of "very good" players. Also, I wouldn't call a "6" average, but ok.

7 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Not when you see 16 year olds with 15-16 crossing & dribbling

6 is way below average, 10-11 is average. 12-15 good. 16 very good. 17 upwards excellent.

1 hour ago, Prej said:

Ok, so you are saying this one is good, but there are too few regens at his age and of his quality in the game?

Off the top of my head, I can't remember any 19-year old wingback with excellent crossing in real life. So from that aspect, this seems normal to me. That is probably why a good full back is in huge demand these days?

10 минут назад, Zoolok42 сказал:

Ok, so you are saying this one is good, but there are too few regens at his age and of his quality in the game?

Off the top of my head, I can't remember any 19-year old wingback with excellent crossing in real life. So from that aspect, this seems normal to me. That is probably why a good full back is in huge demand these days?

C'mon this is old issue. Just compare wingbacks from database with newgens. Almost all newgen wbs are fb(d) in role and attributes.
It's like my first message in this forum where I tried to explain that all GKs lose vision after 30 despite some GKs from database have vision 12+. Many people didn't listen too and tried to debate just for debate, but this story finished by fix vision issue

upd 

10 минут назад, Zoolok42 сказал:

That is probably why a good full back is in huge demand these days?

This have a sence only if AI managers use players from other positions like Kimmich, Zinchenko (Young before) and other which don't play as WB before. But it doesn't happen unfortunatelly. Could be a nice feature

Edited by Novem9

8 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

C'mon this is old issue. Just compare wingbacks from database with newgens. Almost all newgen wbs are fb(d) in role and attributes.
It's like my first message in this forum where I tried to explain that all GKs lose vision after 30 despite some GKs from database have vision 12+. Many people didn't listen too and tried to debate just for debate, but this story finished by fix vision issue

upd 

This have a sence only if AI managers use players from other positions like Kimmich, Zinchenko (Young before) and other which don't play as WB before. But it doesn't happen unfortunatelly. Could be a nice feature

Newgens are 15 year old, what do you want a 15 year old fullback to do, immediately cross like Beckham? You can train them to learn this and I don't see an issue that the best winbgacks have 11-13 for crossing, it's not like the real ones all have 20s.

19 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

Ok, then look at newgens in other positions (and I'm talking about top prospects, not F-level players).

16-year old forwards? Finishing 12, first touch 11 and so on.

16-year old midfielders? Passing 12, technique 12 and so on.

16-year old defenders? Tackling 12, marking 11 and so on.

16-year old wingbacks? Crossing 9.