*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

They don't do big updates on Friday. Thursday will be the last chance of it coming out this week. That said My guess is at the earliest the next update will be at the start of next week ie Monday most likely. Gives them time to put out any fixes. Also the last 2 big updates for 21 was released on a Monday. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right in the middle of the first career game that has really grabbed me in 22 and I always feel like I want to start fresh after a patch drops so I'm in the lucky position of not really caring when it drops.

I know comment adds nothing to anyone but hey, it is what it is. 

All those builds are generated periodically, check the history. So I would not read into them if you want too keep your mental health hahaha. If I had to put my worthless two cents in, I'd say they generated a Release Candidate yesterday. They have the rest of the week play with it or get it approved on other platforms or something like that, and early next week we might or might not get an update

8 minutes ago, marionk said:

Usually the third major update, or 22.3. It comes with both data and match engine update. 

if I remember correctly in the last three or four editions of the game the winter updates had minimal ME changes. Just saying...

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

if I remember correctly in the last three or four editions of the game the winter updates had minimal ME changes. Just saying...

In this case SI themselves have expressly stated that they're working on fixing IF/IW behaviour, which they acknowledge is not as intended.

Anything remotely resembling a fix would certainly be a "major change" - and frankly the ME really doesn't need much else to be very, very good indeed.

4 minutes ago, Sneaky Pete said:

In this case SI themselves have expressly stated that they're working on fixing IF/IW behaviour, which they acknowledge is not as intended.

Anything remotely resembling a fix would certainly be a "major change" - and frankly the ME really doesn't need much else to be very, very good indeed.

I'm aware of that, though in recent editions SI had also acknowledged issues like strikers movement or central play but could not fix them in the winter update as a potential fix could mess other parts of ME. Obviously I have no idea if SI will come up with a major ME fix this year, all I'm saying is based on winter updates of recent editions I wouldn't be surprised if ME changes were very minor.

Maybe someone from SI could come into this thread or the forum itself and just say 'not today' they don't have to share the release date but just at least let people know it won't be today.

I'm holding off in the hopes the substitution rule changes for various tournaments has been updated along with the obvious data updates mainly for Europe.

EDIT: I also feel bad that this is my biggest issue sitting here in Scotland whilst the folks of Ukraine are dealing with life and desth situations. For that I apologise and hope any forum members (and everyone else) in the area are safe.

Edited by hm86

2 minutes ago, hm86 said:

Maybe someone from SI could come into this thread or the forum itself and just say 'not today' they don't have to share the release date but just at least let people know it won't be today.

I'm holding off in the hopes the substitution rule changes for various tournaments has been updated along with the obvious data updates mainly for Europe.

EDIT: I also feel bad that this is my biggest issue sitting here in Scotland whilst the folks of Ukraine are dealing with life and desth situations. For that I apologise and hope any forum members (and everyone else) in the area are safe.

SI have not released information prior to an update release for many years now, due to the adverse reaction if an update is held back due to a test issue.  Consequently, I see little chance of you getting them to announce anything positive or negative  beforehand.  Anything that is released will be notified on this forum 

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

SI have not released information prior to an update release for many years now, due to the adverse reaction if an update is held back due to a test issue.  Consequently, I see little chance of you getting them to announce anything positive or negative  beforehand.  Anything that is released will be notified on this forum 

Agreed, I've been a player of the game for many years and as you say they have never before given any hint positive or negative to a data release before that I am aware of.

This was more of a 'feedback' entry related to the more recent posts that show changes on the DB site. Maybe SI could start to make announcements that it won't be released on this day. I doubt they will but thought I'd throw it out there.

5 dakika önce, FrazT said:

I understand the risks of "It will happen today" due to the possibility of failing the test, but I think it should be easy to say "I won't be today", especially on days when expectations are high.

I have to agree with this. I don’t think in any way shape or form SI should now or ever announce a window for an update. There’s enough pressure on them without making a commitment and then dealing with the fallout when for whatever reason they are unable to meet it. That being said, however, I can’t find any negative in announcing a window that it won’t be. If someone came out on Monday and said they do not expect it to be released this week then the worst thing that can happen is they surprise people with it early. 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, huntelaar19 said:

I have to agree with this. I don’t think in any way shape or form SI should now or ever announce a window for an update. There’s enough pressure on them without making a commitment and then dealing with the fallout when for whatever reason they are unable to meet it. That being said, however, I can’t find any negative in announcing a window that it won’t be. If someone came out on Monday and said they do not expect it to be released this week then the worst thing that can happen is they surprise people with it early. 

Realistically we have already announced a window - quite a few times we've said that it's normally around late February and early March. We generally don't give a specific date due to the potential of complications which could change that - yes, even by weeks. 

Here’s your winter update:

As we enter the final days of February we are already seeing the first signs of Winter turning to Spring. There will be an upturn in milder weather, along with a greater chance of precipitation in line with expectations for this time of year. Expect day-time temperatures to reach an average high of 10 celsius.

Hope that helps.

Just now, 2feet said:

Here’s your winter update:

As we enter the final days of February we are already seeing the first signs of Winter turning to Spring. There will be an upturn in milder weather, along with a greater chance of precipitation in line with expectations for this time of year. Expect day-time temperatures to reach an average high of 10 celsius.

Hope that helps.

YES! Finally I can start my long term save!

58 minutes ago, huntelaar19 said:

Or the whole release thingy with the annual series - which is totally unnecessary - should be moved to March. So that we can not complain that the game is unplayable - for some - until the winter update as that will be the game itself. Here, I just fixed the issue totally.  

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Realistically we have already announced a window - quite a few times we've said that it's normally around late February and early March. We generally don't give a specific date due to the potential of complications which could change that - yes, even by weeks. 

I don’t think I’ve put my point across well. I meant SI shouldn’t be obliged to announce any kind of window as I’m aware that it’s an incredibly fragile process and as you say a small issue may lead to postponements which would then lead to public outcry. 

My point was more to open a discussion as to whether there are any downsides of announcing at the start of a week/midweek that it is unlikely to be released this side of a weekend. Surely the only repercussions of that are positive should there be a development that allowed the patch to be released ahead of schedule?

1 час назад, marioNOW сказал:

Or the whole release thingy with the annual series - which is totally unnecessary - should be moved to March. So that we can not complain that the game is unplayable - for some - until the winter update as that will be the game itself. Here, I just fixed the issue totally.  

I've always admired this plan to buy the game and wait until spring to play it. As if the number of copies on Steam is limited :D 

I have another trouble with Football Manager:

image.png.c50c811620140f63cc68c66ca38b4529.png