*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

The majority of youth players just don’t develop at all.  It isn’t every player, but a high number, much more than in previous years.  So it makes the Youth Only challenge nigh on impossible.  Please note, I have only tried non league clubs so no idea if this is the same higher up.  There is a thread in the bug forum about it.

Is it bad to the point where there is a lack of good players in the future or more realistic than in the past where you get amazing regen after regen? 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I think the ME is an improvement over FM21, but I'm only half a season in ( I watch the games on comprehensive). The most annoying bugs are the AI getting ridiculous possession and my forwards refusing to press them, and IF constantly kicking the ball with their weak foot. Other than that I've seen a good amount of play through the middle, and the VAR system seems improved.

1 hour ago, KamyKaze said:

Am I the only one thinking player rankings are all messed up? Like CDs always getting <7 unless they score or assist?

Wingers also with really low ratings

EDIT:

Like this poor guy, on a game I won 5-1, he didn't miss a pass. 6.7

image.thumb.png.8dab976605f20e2cd6235b9cfbb30dca.png

He didn't do anything else, no tackles, no interceptions etc. It's as if once he got the ball, he just passes it back to the player that gave him the ball

8 hours ago, wiper05 said:

Through Steam I've subscribed to the Beta.( right click, properties etc )

Would this be a newer build?If so, where could I learn more about it? I wish I didn't switch back to the beta ME or anything like that :D

Sorry guys to bring this back but I am really trying to understand.

Guess it wouldn't make sense for the public beta to actually go "backwards" but where else can I read about it?

Edited by wiper05

One thing that is still extremely annoying is your assistant recommending to press a player because he has space to cross, even though all of that players crosses have been through taking corners. 

1 hour ago, KamyKaze said:

Am I the only one thinking player rankings are all messed up? Like CDs always getting <7 unless they score or assist?

EDIT:

A 6,7 is not a bad rating. It's a perfectly fine rating for a player who barely did anything throughout the entire match, nothing to lose rating nor anything to gain rating from.

1 minute ago, wiper05 said:

Guess it wouldn't make sense for the public beta to actually go "backwards" but where else can I read about it?

FM Menu -> Game Status -> Current version

6 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

A 6,7 is not a bad rating. It's a perfectly fine rating for a player who barely did anything throughout the entire match, nothing to lose rating nor anything to gain rating from.

FM Menu -> Game Status -> Current version

Thanks, I do know how to check the versions already and It'd take me 1 minute to compare. :)

I want to know where I can follow up on what's actually being changed on this new Public Beta, if others are using it and so on.

38 minutes ago, wiper05 said:

The beta was automatically updated to the full version when the game was launched, so they are the same version.

There is no changelist when the game is launched as laid out in the Recommended Post at the top of each page.

• SI Staff
42 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I just clicked on the public beta thing, and I've just had a near 300mb update. Is this going to ruin my save now?

I'm not sure what version is on the public beta currently, but you can just switch back to the standard build anyway.

14 minutes ago, EdL said:

I'm not sure what version is on the public beta currently, but you can just switch back to the standard build anyway.

Switched back but my save file couldn't load, so had to revert back to the public beta to keep it, bah, should have just left well alone :herman:

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Switched back but my save file couldn't load, so had to revert back to the public beta to keep it, bah, should have just left well alone :herman:

You are not alone, I have also pushed the mystery button :D 

1 minute ago, pamf said:

You are not alone, I have also pushed the mystery button :D 

I'm hoping, at worst, this build is just the beta before full release, as it wasn't terribly different anyway. At best, it'll be a new build with some of the bugs ironed out, but given I was absolutely flying in my save (for once), I'll never be that lucky. 

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm hoping, at worst, this build is just the beta before full release, as it wasn't terribly different anyway. At best, it'll be a new build with some of the bugs ironed out, but given I was absolutely flying in my save (for once), I'll never be that lucky. 

At least, it looks like its the same ME so it cant do to much damage.. i hope

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Ah ok, yeah if the beta is newer and you saved the game with it you will have to stick with it until the main release catches up.

Got a player become unhappy cause I didn't get him a new contract, even if I talked to him and said the club had no money, and he himself refuses to talk to me before or after becoming unhappy, saying he thinks the club doesn't have money to convince him...

22 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Got a player become unhappy cause I didn't get him a new contract, even if I talked to him and said the club had no money, and he himself refuses to talk to me before or after becoming unhappy, saying he thinks the club doesn't have money to convince him...

Best to report this and let the Devs have a look.

After 200+ hours logged: think this FM will be the best one ever when it gets patched. Great new features and plays really smooth. The ME is also better than the 21 ME at the same point last year.

Unfortunately the Youth development bug has made me put my save on hold so will check back in once it gets patched.

I'm enjoying the game but there's one issue which has bugged me for every version of FM I can remember - high average ratings being too reliant on goals/assists of any kind. For example, I have Odegaard taking my corners for Arsenal and because he gets a lot of assists from corners his rating is extremely high. In real life you don't really get any bump for getting assists from corners. Further to this, my central midfielders never get very high ratings because they don;t get many goals/assists, but they are key to the team. I can imagine a player like Vieira being among the highest average rating in the league irl back in his heyday but on this he would be barely getting a rating of 7 because he wasn't really an assister/scorer. It makes the ratings look really lopsided and puts me off a little bit. I'd also like to see players ranked higher for going on several great runs even if they don't amount to anything. On a few occasions I've had Saka beat several men a few times in a game but his rating is still in the 6's.

On a sidenote, is anyone else struggling to get their inside forwards/wingers to play well? It's kind of annoying having Saka/Smith Rowe and them plodding along at around a 7 or under every game despite me winning every game in the league after 12 games so far.

Edited by kevinb41

7 hours ago, KamyKaze said:

EDIT:

Just saw this after I posted but as I said, it seems only the set-piece takers and goalscorers get high ratings. Assisters too to a certain extent.

Edited by kevinb41

Yeah, passing completion is way to high, teams are completing upward of 85% of their passes in my save. What really irks me is that "Accuracy/Inaccuracy" was noted as a thing they improved in the match engine, which according to them would have made "sure that errors on shots, passes, and headers is more realistic compared to real-life data." Their words, not mine. Don't know how the high completion percentage came to be if they were comparing the game results to real-life data. Surely testing would have quickly found the problem? Overall I'm enjoying the game but maybe don't advertise something as major feature if it isn't even working properly and still being looked into after release day?

PROS

ME (compared to 2020)
-More one-twos between players. I rarely saw those in 2020.
-Faster tempo when I request it; I have also noticed players being more deliberate about holding up the ball in certain situations where it makes sense.
-Decisions. As others mentioned, players generally seem to make better decisions, which is great.
-More central play (compared to 2020). I don't necessarily see an issue in central play right now, but it might be tactic-dependent. I wouldn't know, because I've only been playing one tactic so far. However, it is kind of difficult to do tests on it because, unfortunately, the Tactics screen doesn't let you Work Ball Into Box if you have Hit Early Crosses active. Therefore, I can't really encourage more central play without becoming a team that doesn't cross at all.
-More realistic dinks of the ball off players.
-Players are more likely to hit a short pass to another player that is standing right next to them (compared to 2020)
-Match sounds. I have seen a few people complain about this, but I dont understand why. Seems good.

Match UI. I know some people complained about the 2021 UI. I didnt experience the 2021 UI, but I can say that the 22 UI is excellent. It's simple and accessible.
and also

General UI
The team meetings are nothing miraculous, but they are good for keeping the inbox neater.

CONS

ME
-Set pieces. I had this weird situation where I asked 2 defenders to Stay Back and another 2 to Stay Back If Needed. My opponent kept one player forward, and my team's AI responded with 3 defenders back. This isn't happening all the time, but I fail to see the logic where 3 defenders are needed for one attacker.
-I have not seen anything in pressing that I consider an improvement. However, I will point out that CMs do a better job of staying in their position instead of running all over the place regardless of your marking settings (2020). I think it was mentioned that their defending behavior was improved because their running all over the place created holes in the team shape, and I can clearly see that improvement in the match, as it is important in how I play that the CMs stay in their position.

Match UI
-It would be nice if set pieces were slightly easier to get to in the match UI.
-The pop-ups that show up on hte bottom left cant be turned on and off and you can't set how long they stay. Sometimes I'm not finished looking at the pop-up and it just disappears.

General UI
-It's difficult to tell the bright green of a fully fit heart and the regular green of a slight tired heart. I have to hover over a lot of hearts just to make sure I'm not making a mistake. The colors should be adjusted slightly so the difference between the two hearts is more obvious without having to check them manually.

image.png.cc6293d0598e68604104d9ab7d593f31.png
-xG. Based on the matches I have watched, I feel the xG does not measure the danger of a chance accurately enough, therefore I can't rely on it even though the game treats it like a very important metric.

JURY OUT 

-Data Hub. It's cute, but is it useful? Time will tell. So far, I haven't learned anything from it that is changing my approach to games, although I am speaking as someone who has been watching the matches in full.

Edited by WizbaII

4 hours ago, kingking said:

I'm done with this game

The pressing, possession, passing accuracy are all broken..

This is a BASIC feature in the game.

I'm Man City and most teams I play against have high or equal possession and passing accuracy against me even though i've tried many different tactics.

My players don't PRESS properly.. no one presses the fullbacks, the opponents passing accuracy under pressure is TOO HIGH

This issue isn't going to be fixed anytime soon unfortunately 

Yeah i'm constantly having possession in the 40-30s against mid table/relegation teams and i'm Man Utd, i'm not playing a super slow patient tactic but it's by no means hoof ball (short passing, work ball into box) and that's forgetting the fact i'm simply a better team and should be dominating possession, just like previous FM's.

Il y a 6 heures, kingking a dit :

I'm done with this game

The pressing, possession, passing accuracy are all broken..

This is a BASIC feature in the game.

I'm Man City and most teams I play against have high or equal possession and passing accuracy against me even though i've tried many different tactics.

My players don't PRESS properly.. no one presses the fullbacks, the opponents passing accuracy under pressure is TOO HIGH

This issue isn't going to be fixed anytime soon unfortunately 

I just went back to FM21 (playing the 2001/2002 database) until FM22 ix fixed.

The fact that my 70% possession tactic from FM21 dropped to 45% average scares me. I understand ME changed, but to drop that much in possession?

Edited by UI_Riven

3 hours ago, WizbaII said:

PROS

ME (compared to 2020)
-Faster tempo when I request it; I have also noticed players being more deliberate about holding up the ball in certain situations where it makes sense.
-Decisions. As others mentioned, players generally seem to make better decisions, which is great.
-More central play (compared to 2020). I don't necessarily see an issue in central play right now, but it might be tactic-dependent. I wouldn't know, because I've only been playing one tactic so far. However, it is kind of difficult to do tests on it because, unfortunately, the Tactics screen doesn't let you Work Ball Into Box if you have Hit Early Crosses active. Therefore, I can't really encourage more central play without becoming a team that doesn't cross at all.
-Players are more likely to hit a short pass to another player that is standing right next to them (compared to 2020)
-Match sounds. I have seen a few people complain about this, but I dont understand why. Seems good.

Match UI. I know some people complained about the 2021 UI. I didnt experience the 2021 UI, but I can say that the 22 UI is excellent. It's simple and accessible.
and also

General UI
The team meetings are nothing miraculous, but they are good for keeping the inbox neater.

CONS

ME
-Set pieces. I had this weird situation where I asked 2 defenders to Stay Back and another 2 to Stay Back If Needed. My opponent kept one player forward, and my team's AI responded with 3 defenders back. This isn't happening all the time, but I fail to see the logic where 3 defenders are needed for one attacker.
-I have not seen anything in pressing that I consider an improvement. However, I will point out that CMs do a better job of staying in their position instead of running all over the place regardless of your marking settings (2020). I think it was mentioned that their defending behavior was improved because their running all over the place created holes in the team shape, and I can clearly see that improvement in the match, as it is important in how I play that the CMs stay in their position.

Match UI
-The pop-ups that show up on hte bottom left cant be turned on and off and you can't set how long they stay. Sometimes I'm not finished looking at the pop-up and it just disappears.

General UI
-It's difficult to tell the bright green of a fully fit heart and the regular green of a slight tired heart. I have to hover over a lot of hearts just to make sure I'm not making a mistake. The colors should be adjusted slightly so the difference between the two hearts is more obvious without having to check them manually.

-xG. Based on the matches I have watched, I feel the xG does not measure the danger of a chance accurately enough, therefore I can't rely on it even though the game treats it like a very important metric.

JURY OUT 

-Data Hub. It's cute, but is it useful? Time will tell. So far, I haven't learned anything from it that is changing my approach to games, although I am speaking as someone who has been watching the matches in full.

That is a good point about the heart colour, especially when its a game between three days, you have to hover over each one.

3 hours ago, WizbaII said:

PROS

ME (compared to 2020)

and also

General UI

CONS

ME

Match UI

General UI

JURY OUT 

3 hours ago, WizbaII said:

PROS

ME (compared to 2020)

and also

General UI

CONS

ME

Match UI

General UI

-xG. Based on the matches I have watched, I feel the xG does not measure the danger of a chance accurately enough, therefore I can't rely on it even though the game treats it like a very important metric.

JURY OUT 

Expand  

That is a good point about the heart colour, especially when its a game between three days, you have to hover over each one.

How are transfer fee instalments still so obscenely broken? You can still overspend your budget massively and I'm pretty sure that's not how most transfers in real life work. At least not to the point where a club with €10M budget is spending €90M+ without its board stepping in. Surely clubs should be much less willing to accept more than half the value in instalments?

Also, is this a bug, or what's the deal with only being able to offer a limited amount from the drop-down menu, but the game still allowing you to increase it afterwards?

wvTykqu.png

zrxfeuE.png

• Administrators
13 hours ago, marioNOW said:

He is probably referring to the issue that when you set up a gameplan for your assman to use during a next match, even if you specifically tell them to NOT use substitutes, they ignore it and automatically switch 3 players. This feature is not working as intended and hence the whole gameplan function is literally unusable from it's implementation.

This is reported every single time with every update/release since around FM18 at least and it is always ignored. Acknowledging a bug and not fixing it for 4 years now is upsetting understandably.

This is why I think that a lot of people feel that reporting bugs is not worth it any more as they don't even receive any feedback most of the time (acknowledging it for 4 year this instance). I am trying to not be critical Karen but most of the comments here when mentioning specific issue receives the automatic reply by the mod team to report it. Yet in the bug report forums a lot of issues are so easily reproducable and it is routed back to the user to provide his savefile. It feels like an average user is expected to do more work/steps on fixing a simple bug the the QA team/devs themselves. And I love them to death and respect them fully for what they achieve year by year, but please do not even try to tell us that implementing 4000 new variants of useless media Interaction (that most if the players delegate to the assistant) and moving menu points around that nobody asked is more important and less time consuming then to remove the substituting option from the gameplan. Or adding a possibility to pay for the coaching badges for yourself. Or not touching a well functioning newgen face generator from FM21, or making the graphics/textures somehow worse than FM17. Things that have been reported in bug trackers, requested features for years and mentioned not just in this forums but other social media platforms are ignored and the development is focused on things that nobody asked for. The direction is wrong and specifically the allocation of human resources and the main issue of getting priorities wrong.

It is still playable and the match engine generally improves, but these simple things that makes the hardcore userbase louder. And we are the main core in this forum who care enough to register an account and spend our time giving you valuable deep feedback via comments- and not the ones who fill out a single survey or gives the game a 5* review after playing two seasons in the PL with a top club. But I guess those customers are easier to win over with flashy new features (that are already in the game just under a different menu).  Those who do not spend 1000+hours each year and not having any clue about deeper game mechanics that gets simplified and more broken each time (scouting, youth development, data-statistics quality) are the happy-silent mass. Obviously they will not be the majority of negative feedback as of course if you are working with wonderkid shortlist, knap tactics and never fully trying to set up a realistic global scouting network or develop your own generation from the academy or using in game statistics to play moneyball, then they are not facing these issues. Scraping only the surface. The more realistic and systematic you try to be, the more"game breaking" issues -for us- will be made aware.

Sorry for the long rant and I honestly not trying to offend anyone from SI team. I am just a player who sees thing from this perspective from ooutside.

Edit: spelling mistakes corrected

Reality is for every issue logged within our system, we have to balance our resource and time based on the severity of the issue, how many users it would potentially affect and the difficulty and potential knock-ons for any kind of fix. 

For match plans it's only used by a small percentage of our overall user base and only happens in certain circumstances meaning the number of users who encounter it is extremely low. We would recommend always flagging an issue even if it was in a previous version as often screens and panels are completely redesigned, which mean some issues may no longer be the same or have the same underlying cause in a different version, even if they appear to be similar. 

That's not to say low priority issues won't ever be fixed and really hate hearing of any issue raised in a previous version which is still there in the next - we do appreciate the fact some issues will be extremely frustrating only for specific players. So please be clear and constructive if an issue has been in a previous version. It definitely adds weight to the priority and severity. If you have a reference to an older bug as well, please do throw that in there as well.

Also do remember that whilst we care about our core audience on these forums (I'm almost on 95k posts on these forums now :D), you do make up just one part of our overall userbase. That's not trying to devalue your feedback, as this part of the community has raised more feature ideas that have eventually been implemented into the game, not to mention provided more feedback or bugs than elsewhere too. But it's only one part of the overall FM landscape. We ARE listening and we are amplifying your voice back into the studio. But there are other voices too.  

14 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

How are transfer fee instalments still so obscenely broken? You can still overspend your budget massively and I'm pretty sure that's not how most transfers in real life work. At least not to the point where a club with €10M budget is spending €90M+ without its board stepping in. Surely clubs should be much less willing to accept more than half the value in instalments?

Also, is this a bug, or what's the deal with only being able to offer a limited amount from the drop-down menu, but the game still allowing you to increase it afterwards?

This is best reported in the bug tracker for FM22.

• Administrators
On 10/11/2021 at 13:13, Matteo3champions said:

There are features that have being removed from the game?

• Fan polls: i've seen that fan polls reguard only transfer news and anymore if players deserve more time to play, if want that a manager is going to be sacked, and so on...
  • player against his former team: i've noticed that in the news item is not appearing anymore the news of a player of your team/opponent team is going to face his previous team, and also there aren't press conference question about that anymore
  • player injuried from another team mate in training: in previoius version, could happen that a player injury a team mate and in the news item appear the fact (XXX is being injuried by yyyy)
  • Reaction to team meeting before the match: in FM 21 players could react to players opponents and also to manager starting XI but it don’t happen in FM 22

maybe can give us further infos! thanks!

Would be surprised if any of those have been intentionally stripped out. If you've played for a significant amount of time and don't see any of them worth flagging in the relevant section of the Bug Tracker.

Pretty sure I've seen the player getting injured by a teammate one on FM22 myself, so as said, think they're probably all still in. 

AI longshots are just broken in that game. They are way too overpowered. And even for us it's still quite strong.

A guy like Clyne (4 in longshot) scored a 30-yard top bin shot, easy. And so many more. In real life I feel like we see less longshot goals, but in the game there are so many, and from players who aren't good at it.

11 minutes ago, andu1 said:

So i just updated to public beta. Any change notes compared to the live version? I see that the ME is the same though

ME is the same. In public beta it's mostly for people having other technical problems (crash or not launch for example) as far I know. New ME (when will happen) will be hit across everyone.

7 hours ago, Miek said:

After 200+ hours logged: think this FM will be the best one ever when it gets patched. Great new features and plays really smooth. The ME is also better than the 21 ME at the same point last year.

Unfortunately the Youth development bug has made me put my save on hold so will check back in once it gets patched.

Don’t think it’s a bug! Facilities and coaching now how a greater impact on development! Which is a good thing!! 

7 hours ago, Miek said:

My understanding of this is that facilities are now playing a more relevant role in the development of young players, which is the way it should be. 

One thing I don't like about the game is how around 80% of lower league stadiums look exactly the same. You know, pitch length main stand in the home colours, the same on the other side (or occasionally terracing) plus some form of terracing at either end. There's hardly any individuality with lower league grounds now, there certainly used to be more variety. 

But then I have a real bugbear with stadiums in general on FM. Why this area of the game hasn't been properly opened to modders when every other aesthetic part of the game is, is beyond me. 

Really enjoying this FM so far. Central play has been really good for me (my tactic and stadium size advocates it) and if those youth development changes are on purpose then that's great. Newgen faces are much improved as well. The skin is much better this year too and I like some if the UI changes.

I'm just starting the league campaign of my main save so I'm yet to see if the game seems too difficult/easy.

My main critisicm is to do with the DoF: 

- A bug that has been existing for a few years is still here which is that when a player is on trial the DoF is not able to sign a player.

- We should be able to discuss with the DoF what players we would be willing to sell. Currently if a club makes an offer the DoF will make his own choice.

- We should be able to see what promises a DoF is going to make when negotiating a contract with a player.

Other criticisms:

- The pop up that shows assistant managers feedback goes away to quickly. We should be able to pop up the dug out at will as a fix to this.

7 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

One more :seagull:

Can you send some my way, my players never get injured and it's causing squad players to be unhappy as they are hardly ever needed. In December, and in total, my squad has had 8 injuries, only two of which were more than a few days. 

20 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I'm playing in Brazil, started early December, as of right now my game is on March 17th and I already had 15 injuries. That's not normal.

That will down to pure bad luck. FM averages injuries at around 80% of that in real life. I would also consider your training, advice from coaches, your tackling intensity, players playing when not fully fit etc

18 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I'm playing in Brazil, started early December, as of right now my game is on March 17th and I already had 15 injuries. That's not normal.

As has been said multiple times before, the injury module is set to run at slightly below the actual real life figures, so there are factors that you can control which can and will affect injury occurrence and of course it might just be a bad run which will even itself out.  To be honest, your game has run for about 3.5 months and with 15 injuries ( you didnt mention then level of injury) that is less than 1 a week.