*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Wait what? Maybe it's not fault from SI about low frame rates; even with high-end graphics card, but actually NVIDIA according to The Verge. I don't like that "practice". Time to jump in other ship.

This is for the GeForce Now streaming service, it has nothing to do with your graphics card or Football Manager.

Having finished a season with Aston Villa, would like to share some of my thoughts:

Things that I feel can be improved:

More accurate movements for player roles

Inside forwards/Inverted Wingers

This has been mentioned by many already, inside forwards rarely cut in while running with the ball. More often that not they race to the byline, check in and then decide to play a backward pass. FM 20's ME was more fluid in this regard as inside forwards embark on cutting in earlier in the pitch and play passes to the central midfielders rather than exclusively to full backs. One-twos were prevalent this way.

Advanced forwards

Not many have mentioned this but for me, I noticed that more often than not, my advanced operates like a deep-lying forward. I play with a two striker system(one advanced forward on attack with one deep lying forward on support) yet the advanced forward often drops deeper than the deep lying forward. Rarely do i see them making off the ball runs behind the defence in transitions which deters counter attacks. When my team wins the ball, there is rarely an option to find someone running behind the defence as my advanced forward is operating in central midfield. It seems like play has been compressed hugely to the central area of the pitch as the opponent defends with a high line and so does my team yet players are not exploiting it by making forward runs. This issue is also prevalent for the opposition as their strikers often receive the ball with my whole defence behind them and since they cant beat all of them, they play a backward pass but do not proceed to make a forward run.

Deep lying forwards

Continuing from my above point, my deep lying forward rarely threads offensive passes. When he receives the ball back to goal, his main role is to thread passes to my Advanced and Inside forwards who should be making forward runs. But as explained earlier, the lack of forward runs deprives him of options.

In general, I'm winning games and doing extremely well with Aston Villa, challenging for the title and finishing in 3rd but I do not feel much satisfaction as the patterns of play do not seem to reflect my instructions and I struggle to take any credit for it as it seems to be the ME that is facilitating it. I feel empty when there is a gamut of information available via the data hub etc but I do not have to rely on it at all to do well. How nice would it be if i suffered a defeat and by making a tweak identified through the data hub i get a good result in the next game, as of now, that is not necessary. FM 21's final ME was fantastic in my opinion and hopefully FM 22 works towards that.

Things i like:

I like the default skin very much, the colours are cool in their way, the game's processing speed is good too and all these things are quite important to an enjoyable experience too.

There is a way to get Inside Forwards working as proper Inside Forwards btw, and it actually involves not having any attacking wide players at all, but three strikers. Weird, I know.

You need a three striker system. The SCL and SCR, set them to Mark Specific Player, and their opposite FB or WB. Or, if the opposition has three at the back, mark the DCL or DCR. Do not set them to Mark Specific Position!

0442f4f94a229d299c9c98ad4d1e4f84.png

Red 11 and red 28 in the below screenshot are my SCL and SCR. They stick to the full backs and, when you get possession, they cut inside to their proper roles. Its a wonderful thing. It also stops the AI from distributing defensively wide so overload the middle and you can counter hard and rapid. Hope this helps! I've spent tonight testing it and its superb.

0ad8473ef3a283ed56e6b54f5ee8e47d.jpg

Edited by harrycarrie

19 minuti fa, Fealneerg ha scritto:

This game needs competition, because this is dire.

I reply you before your post is removed.

This game HAS competition. But it's so bad that you never heard of it. Or, reversed reading, FM is so good that no other product can be compared to it.

46 minutes ago, Fealneerg said:

Why the hell hasn't the match engine been patched already? how can you release a game where player roles don't actually work? IF doesn't cut inside, IW doesn't cut inside, as usual suicide press + extreme high tempo = win every match... Worst match engine in the history of FM by far. 0 dribbling, 0 central play, 0 flair shown, 0 diversity of attacks. Absolute joke, and now I've played over 2 hours I can't refund. This game needs competition, because this is dire. You can bust out the shine box and shine a pile of crap all you want, get the bedazzler kit out and add some shiny rhinestones to the crap, it's still crap. That's fm22, match engine is absolute crap.

My IF on the left cuts in regularly. No central play? My AP in the CM area has 18 assists in 24 appearances.  I also don't play a a high temp pressing game and I'm 10 points clear at the top of the league. 

Far be it from me to suggest you're doing something wrong, but...

25 minutes ago, PineappleBlender said:

United seem extremely overpowered compared to their actual performances. I'd suggest the data needs reviewing as they're no way near as good a team as FM makes them out to be.

You want to see Arsenal Under Arteta on fm. Every season they are challenging for the title. Someone in SI must be a big Arsenal fan. United you can understand because their squad is ridiculous but arsenal in one save test I was doing only lost 1 game and won the title

18 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

This. People get frustrated with the answer, but there's no differentiation between the player and the AI in the ME. Which is why you'll ALWAYS hear the same point

I still don't believe this. I think it's still an issue in FM21 but the throw in bug (where players far too often seemed to throw a ball straight to an opponent) seemed to happen to me far more often than it did the opposition (to the point where I was counting for a while).

26 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I still don't believe this. I think it's still an issue in FM21 but the throw in bug (where players far too often seemed to throw a ball straight to an opponent) seemed to happen to me far more often than it did the opposition (to the point where I was counting for a while).

That's entirely your choice, but whether you believe it or not doesn't really change the fact of the matter tbh, we cover this every year to the point that there isn't anything that hasn't been said before. 

An issue in the ME is an issue for both sides. There's no set weighting for example, that the Ai will intercept your throw in more than you do theirs, or score more near posts headers than you. Or course, if you're giving away more corners for example, you'd be more likely to be on the recieving end of near posts headers being scored too easily. 

9 minutes ago, priority76 said:

Isn’t this the definition of ‘marking someone out the game’?

Tbf it was pure chaos and led to the AI attacking 7 v 2, but I was 5-0 up and gave me a giggle.

Three strikers marking one centre back works well though. Shame you can't choose the keeper.

1 hour ago, PineappleBlender said:

United seem extremely overpowered compared to their actual performances. I'd suggest the data needs reviewing as they're no way near as good a team as FM makes them out to be.

Their actual performances are due to an inept coach, not due to quality of players.

The metaphor I would use to describe Manchester United in Football Manager is this:

If Messi was managed and coached by a Sunday League coach who played Tiki Taka, he would still perform like he would under a world class manager, because Messi himself is just that good.

The players United have are really good on paper, which is reflected in FM.

Here's a screen grab from my latest player search list, sorted by transfer value.

Top 5 on the list:

Odegaard £280m-£305m

Ramsdale £225m-£260m

Ignacio £222m-£244m

Rice £187m-£205m

Calvert-Lewin £171m-£205m

They just keep increasing every couple of months, regardless of player form or team performances.

For example, Rice is averaging a 6.61 and has 3 years on his contract for a 12th place West Ham team. Odegaard has scored 1 goal and has 3 assists with an average rating of 7.02 for 8th place Arsenal, and has 2 years remaining on his contract.

stupid prices.jpg

As people who follow FM, we all know that the devs try to emulate real life football as much as possible. That is something we all agree that they try to do, and they do very well.

So my question to people who are currently complaining about the lack of goals from IF/IWs who dribble and cut in from wide areas: how many goals do you actually see in real life where you have a winger pick up the ball in wide areas dribble and cut inside before curling one in at the back post?

For people complaining about crosses being too overpowered, how many goals do you see scored from crosses? For example, of the 20 goals scored in matchweek 11 of the Prem, I've counted 6 from crosses, and that doesn't include corners/free kicks.

For people talking about corners being overpowerd, West Ham have quite literally just beaten Liverpool because of 2 corners, one near post header and another far post header.

The only point I can agree with is the lack of goals from central play and possession stats.

But otherwise, the ME actually does mirror what football is like right now on the most part, which is what the FM devs promised.

Edited by Ghost4928

38 minutes ago, RobotAardvark said:

Here's a screen grab from my latest player search list, sorted by transfer value.

Top 5 on the list:

Odegaard £280m-£305m

Ramsdale £225m-£260m

Ignacio £222m-£244m

Rice £187m-£205m

Calvert-Lewin £171m-£205m

They just keep increasing every couple of months, regardless of player form or team performances.

For example, Rice is averaging a 6.61 and has 3 years on his contract for a 12th place West Ham team. Odegaard has scored 1 goal and has 3 assists with an average rating of 7.02 for 8th place Arsenal, and has 2 years remaining on his contract.

stupid prices.jpg

I've noticed a few months in to a season the value sometimes changes i think it's meant to happen though as teams don't like selling key player's mid season unless it's a crazy amount of money

17 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

As people who follow FM, we all know that the devs try to emulate real life football as much as possible. That is something we all agree that they try to do, and they do very well.

So my question to people who are currently complaining about the lack of goals from IF/IWs who dribble and cut in from wide areas: how many goals do you actually see in real life where you have a winger pick up the ball in wide areas dribble and cut inside before curling one in at the back post?

For people complaining about crosses being too overpowered, how many goals do you see scored from crosses? For example, of the 20 goals scored in matchweek 11 of the Prem, I've counted 6 from crosses, and that doesn't include corners/free kicks.

For people talking about corners being overpowerd, West Ham have quite literally just beaten Liverpool because of 2 corners, one near post header and another far post header.

The only point I can agree with is the lack of goals from central play and possession stats.

But otherwise, the ME actually does mirror what football is like right now on the most part, which is what the FM devs promised.

I agree with you with regards to crosses and corners irl and on the game. Its much better than wingers and full backs shooting from the byline like in fm20. But I don't agree with you on the dribbling mechanics I think they're very poor and SI need to seriously do more on working it into the game system better and I'm not talking about statistics but actual highlights of players feinting and dribbling past players ala messi style because irl we regularly see top dribblings attempt to beat their man or three players at once which never happens on the game

16 分钟前, Ghost4928说:

The IW/IF should try to cut inside and fail or pass the ball instead. The problem is not the end product but the process. 

But I do think that with the current match engine if the IW/IF can cut inside and pass properly there will be possibly too many goals given the horrendous defending behavior,

34 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

I sometimes wonder if this is in part due to people being brought up on FIFA. Play online and see how many goals people score from corners, free kicks punted into the area and open play crosses. Hardly any. It's all cute little tricks and triangle passes through the middle. 

33 minutes ago, Mcfc1894 said:

I've noticed a few months in to a season the value sometimes changes i think it's meant to happen though as teams don't like selling key player's mid season unless it's a crazy amount of money

That screen grab was taken a couple of weeks before the end of the season, outside of a transfer window.

I'll look again after the season closes to see if the prices are less stupid then.

Ok, so I need a mod. A mod that makes my GK as good as my opponent's.

Doesn't matter if their GK is a third backup, playing his first match since 2010, severely out of shape and blind on one eye. I just want my GK to be as good as him.

1 hour ago, Ghost4928 said:

Find me a team that scores almost every game from a corner and a team that scores at least 50% of their goals from headers, either from crosses or corners.

Now, find me 15 of those like there are in FM in every league you play in and then I'll admit you're right. There's literally no denying that crossing is silly in this ME, Ronaldo scores a million headers a season, literally any other player with decent heading and jumping does as well, he doesn't need to have any other decent attribute but those 2 to go into 20+ goals a season, no matter how mediocre he is.

Corners are just stupid, you can't do anything if AI decides to cross it to the near post and the only counter to that is that you do it as well which makes the game kinda pointless when you need to use exploit to nullify a massive issue.

I just don't see the reason to ignore the obvious issues, yeah the game is fun if you like to just turn it on and win everything without giving it much thought, it's when you actually want to implement some ideas like a lot of people do that you notice how broken some of the basics are, it's unrealistic in almost every aspect.

Edited by markoscouse

31 minutes ago, markoscouse said:

There's literally no denying that crossing is silly in this ME

Crosses are silly in real life.

City scores two goals vs Utd both from crosses and wins the game. 2 of West Ham's goals against Liverpool came from crosses and wins them the game. Robertson, TAA, KDB are all players who have been lauded as great players with large parts due to their ball deliveries into the box whether from half spaces or the wing area.

Reece James crosses the ball into the box for Havertz to score a header against Burnley, and then in the second half, Charlie Taylor crosses the ball in a switch of play to Lowton, who passes it off to Westwood who makes a cross from deep to the far post which is then headed on for a tap-in goal, allowing Burnley to draw with Chelsea.

Antonio's goal vs Tottenham, a cross from a corner.

3 of Leicester's 4 goals vs Man Utd all came from a cross of some type.

City's equaliser vs Liverpool, comes from a Foden cross.

Of the 6 goals scored in Brentford v Liverpool, all 3 goals from Brentford were from crosses, while Liveprool score 1 of their own.

So you say crossing is silly in the ME, but is it not silly in real life at the moment?

31 minutes ago, markoscouse said:

it's when you actually want to implement some ideas like a lot of people do that you notice how broken some of the basics are, it's unrealistic in almost every aspect.

You can definitely try, no one is saying you can't. But as I've just outlined above, when crossing is so dominant irl at the moment, why would you think that anything that tries to move away from this element of the game (at least in the first couple of seasons) in a ME that is meant to reflect football in real life would work any where as well or as effective?

Edited by Ghost4928

2 hours ago, Ghost4928 said:

Salah at Liverpool?

vinicius jr at real Madrid?

Hazard when he was at Chelsea? 

Sterling at city At his peak?

Too many people defend the issues or bugs.

We spend months debating whether it's a bug or not

There is nothing wrong with criticism, our intention is to help the Devs improve the game.

Edited by kingking

57 minutes ago, kingking said:

Salah

vinicius 

Hazard at Chelsea? 

Sterling at city? At his peak

Mahrez for city in CL? 

This is why FM will never be fixed.. too many opinions that has no evidence

What people are asking for are IW/IFs to pick up the ball in a wide position, cut in and score/shoot.

Salah doesn't do that very often.

Its been so long since Hazard has been at Chelsea that the way football is played now compared to then is completely different. Also, my memories of Hazard are driving runs through the middle of the pitch and making Coquelin spin like a beyblade, not horizontal runs inside and across goal before curling one in.

Again, its been a while since Sterling has been that player who dribbles, cuts in and scores for City. For the past 2 seasons, whether for England or City, it's his off the ball movement from wide areas that allows him to score in dangerous positions, which you do see in FM.

Mahrez for City in the CL is the equivalent of saying you sometimes see the IW/IF cut in and score (which does happen).

Of the 9 goals Vinicius has scored for Madrid, 3 have been from some sort of cutting in from a wide area. However, of those 3, 2 of them still resulted in Vinicius being pushed to the byline, and sneaking the goal in at the near post with his less dominant weak foot, instead of the run across the face of the box and scoring people have complained about in this forum.

People are mixing up unmarked runs from wide areas resulting in wingers finding the ball in half spaces between wide and central areas and then scoring, with wingers dribbling with the ball from wide areas, cutting in and scoring.

The former (as far as I'm aware) has not been mentioned at all in this forum as an issue, is seen a lot regularly in real life, and does happen in ME often enough to not make the game "unplayable". The latter is seen as a big issue in the ME that has been described as causing the game to be "unplayable", but isn't seen that often in real life anymore.

Edited by Ghost4928

35 minutes ago, kingking said:

Too many people defend the issues or bugs.

We spend months debating whether it's a bug or not

There is nothing wrong with criticism, our intention is to help the Devs improve the game.

I'm not saying that you can't debate about issues, bugs, wys to improve the game etc.

But like I said earlier, we all know that FM is developed to mirror real life football as much as possible.

And right now, you don't see wingers dribble with the ball from wide areas by cutting in and then scoring/shooting since players like Robben were around. You see teams scoring from crosses a lot. You see how effect good set piece routines are (a way to combat this in FM might be to include set piece coaches. The better set piece coach you have, the more likely to score/defend a corner).

So when the aim of FM is to mirror real life football as much as possible, why would suggestions that move in the opposite direction to that aim be implemented straight away in the next patch, or be tweaked in the ME to lessen a certain element of the game because it doesn't match what some people feel like how football should be played?

Edited by Ghost4928

59 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

I'm not saying that you can't debate about issues, bugs, wys to improve the game etc.

But like I said earlier, we all know that FM is developed to mirror real life football as much as possible.

And right now, you don't see wingers dribble with the ball from wide areas by cutting in and then scoring/shooting since players like Robben were around. You see teams scoring from crosses a lot. You see how effect good set piece routines are (a way to combat this in FM might be to include set piece coaches. The better set piece coach you have, the more likely to score/defend a corner).

So when the aim of FM is to mirror real life football as much as possible, why would suggestions that move in the opposite direction to that aim be implemented straight away in the next patch, or be tweaked in the ME to lessen a certain element of the game because it doesn't match what some people feel like how football should be played?

FM is much more than the EPL.

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

FM is much more than the EPL.

I only mention the Prem cause that's the league I watch enough to form footballing opinions.

I would catch the occasional La Liga or Bundesliga match, but not enough to form opinions using examples from those leagues.

Unless you can highlight a trend where the majority of teams don't score from crosses a lot, or a league where you see a lot of wingers picking the ball in wide areas, cutting and then scoring/shooting, then go ahead.

Can't seem to see it mentioned anywhere but in the vision section it appears the objectives are broken.  I failed in Europe as the objective appeared to change after being eliminated and it's saying they're disappointed with the league performance (I'm 6 pts clear).  Is it a known issue? Seems quite fundamental.

As for the rest I quite like it so far, it's quicker than the last fm and I like a few aspects of the match engine which feels slicker despite the known issues.  Set pieces seem quite effective but really pleased VAR is working right.

2 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

I only mention the Prem cause that's the league I watch enough to form footballing opinions.

I would catch the occasional La Liga or Bundesliga match, but not enough to form opinions using examples from those leagues.

Unless you can highlight a trend where the majority of teams don't score from crosses a lot, or a league where you see a lot of wingers picking the ball in wide areas, cutting and then scoring/shooting, then go ahead.

Well that's a small sample size to say something isn't wrong because that is what you see in an elite league. You see the same crossing all over FM...

You pull that Information since that is your argument. All im saying is that you are giving us a small sample size.

1 hour ago, Ghost4928 said:

ok, am going to go ahead and use your logic

how do u recommend to replicate a player like Robben if the Inside forward role works as a winger?.. what is the point of having two roles that behave similar? i mean wingers and IFs in the current match engine.

i want to mirror barcelona from 06 ingame with ronaldinho on the left killing it when cutting inside, not only  scoring mainly, but killing it with key passes and threaded through balls to assist the 9 of the team. right now u cant do it because the player roles are not working as they should.

what happens if in january barca's xavi starts playing like barca 06? ... we will have to wait for fm23 for the inside forwards to start cutting inside aggressively and not going every play to the by line to cross? .. i dont think that how it should be. 

u keep repeating that fm tries to mirror the real life soccer, but real life soccer does not work based on just one sistem where every time attacking plays end up with a by line cross.

Edited by kertiek

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Well that's a small sample size to say something isn't wrong because that is what you see in an elite league. You see the same crossing all over FM...

In statistics, a sample size of 100 is the minimum for something to be deemed statistically significant. Of course, the bigger sample size the better, but most statiscians would agree that 100 is the minimum.

In the premier league, you have 10 games across 38 matchweeks, which gives you 380 games of sample size to work with. Furthermore, I doubt you'll find many games from those 380 games where the tactical style is completely the same as another one, so there is enough variance within those 380 games to determine if there is a trend or not, or if something is an outlier.

Assuming other league might have similar tactics, playstyles etc, you'll then have 380+ games worth of sample size.

Like I mentioned earlier with the wingers not cutting in as often anymore, I mentioned Vinicious in another league.

So I would say that there is enough of a sample size out there to come to some statistically significant outcome and make the generalisation.

2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

ok, am going to go ahead and use your logic

how do u recommend to replicate a player like Robben if the Inside forward role works as a winger?.. 

i want to mirror barcelona from 06 ingame with ronaldinho on the left killing it when cutting inside, not only  scoring mainly, but killing it with key passes and threaded through balls to assist the 9 of the team. right now u cant do it because the player roles are not working as they should.

what happens if in january barca's xavi starts playing like barca 06? ... we will have to wait for fm23 for the inside forwards to start cutting inside aggressively and not going every play to the by line to cross? .. i dont think that how it should be. 

u keep repeating that fm tries to mirror the real life soccer, but real life soccer does not work based on just one sistem where every time attacking plays end up with a by line cross.

Man City does it, Liverpool does it, Chelsea does it to an extent.

Brentford utilised to perfection to draw with Liverpool by targetting and overloading the backpost TAA was defending.

Juventus used it against Real Madrid a couple seasons ago with crosses to the back post for Mandzukic to score, and Real Madrid replied in the second leg with crosses to Ronaldo at the back post.

Like I said earlier, FM mirrors today, not 10 years ago. If I asked you to name the last time someone would regularly cut in like Robben across multiple teams and leagues, you would need to go back 5+ years to find that kind of trend.

You're not using my logic against me at all.

I even. explicitly said to someone that it's been so long since Hazard has been that kind of player for Chelsea, and that's much more recent than anything you've mentioned as examples.

We can all play hypotheticals with Xavi, but until he does it, and other teams catch onto it, why would it be made more effective in FM when crosses are still the most widely used form to score goals right now?

Crosses in FM hasn't suddenly become so effective because of one team being really good at it in real life. Many teams in real life are now using it as their primary way to progress the ball and attack.

8 minutes ago, kertiek said:

what is the point of having two roles that behave similar? i mean wingers and IFs in the current match engine.

I mean, if you've paid attention to anything I've said, you would understand the differences.

A winger (genuinne winger) would stay wide, run to byline and then cross.

A winger (IF/IW, which has always been the topic here so wouldn't know why anyone would think differently), would drift inside during general play from a wide position, usually unmarked cause the fullback would need to stay in position, but centre backs or midfielders not picking up this run during transition, then receive the ball in half spaces or pockets between wide and central. This then allows these wingers to either cut in a little bit and shoot (Mahrez probably the closest type), or run wide and towards the byline to a) pass back to a supporting full back or midfielder, b) cross into the box or c) shoot from a narrow angle.

Overall enjoying the game so far. As expected, FM is my fix. A few issues tho:

Possesion and AI defensive third passing stats. An issue from FM21 from my experience but now I've accepted it as it is what it is, doesn't happen too often and makes the game a bit more challenging if I'm gonna play a possession tactic. 

Staff meetings seems like a reskin with logical inconsistencies from previous games. Eg. Player is taking free kicks but is suggested to take it, attributes need training but is told to be good enough etc. There's potential for improvement here with better logic. 

Also tied into staff suggestions but in the ME, one of the most suggested training working on weak foot, seems to be very important when it comes to crossing or not on the byline. In the ME I see a bit too much spinning turns on the byline when players irl would cross it with right foot on right side and vice versa on the left more often. It could be my players aren't very good so I'm hoping I'm wrong here but it's not the end of the world if not. 

Lastly, pressing needs more work, seems to be not working as intended when I have OI to press backline with high DL and standard LoE, players stand still on the pitch fortfying shape. I appreciate pressing is probably one of the most hardest mechanics to code but I hope in the future we'll have more options on triggering press. 

Still haven't had a deadline day experience but looking forward to the chaos it brings, seems promising :)

Data hub is great, would love a feature to click on players that pop up rather than having to type it tho for scouting or shortlisting. 

All in all game is going in the right direction, good job SI

8 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

Man City does it, Liverpool does it, Chelsea does it to an extent.

Brentford utilised to perfection to draw with Liverpool by targetting and overloading the backpost TAA was defending.

Juventus used it against Real Madrid a couple seasons ago with crosses to the back post for Mandzukic to score, and Real Madrid replied in the second leg with crosses to Ronaldo at the back post.

Like I said earlier, FM mirrors today, not 10 years ago. If I asked you to name the last time someone would regularly cut in like Robben across multiple teams and leagues, you would need to go back 5+ years to find that kind of trend.

You're not using my logic against me at all.

I even. explicitly said to someone that it's been so long since Hazard has been that kind of player for Chelsea, and that's much more recent than anything you've mentioned as examples.

We can all play hypotheticals with Xavi, but until he does it, and other teams catch onto it, why would it be made more effective in FM when crosses are still the most widely used form to score goals right now?

Crosses in FM hasn't suddenly become so effective because of one team being really good at it in real life. Many teams in real life are now using it as their primary way to progress the ball and attack.

ok again, using your logic ... i have saka playing on AMR as inside forward on attack, he has a weak right foot i teached him the trait "avoid using weak foot" and "uses outside of foot" yet 8/10 plays he does are a byline cross with his weak foot.

how is that what should happen?  IF's acording to their instruction can, cut inside and either dribble, shoot pass, recycle the ball back and the option with the less chance to occour are crosses by line since that role has "cross less often" individual instruction locked yet, thats what they mainly do.

same situation that happens with saka, happens with every player that i use as an inside forward in either flank, i have gabriel jesus on the left, does the same kind of plays than saka, mainly crosses by line when that specific role is not inteded or acording the individual instructions should the less used option, yet they keep focusing mainly on that, crosses by line with their absolute **** foot because ... **** logic?

Edited by kertiek

8 minutes ago, kertiek said:

ok again, using your logic ... i have saka playing on AMR as inside forward on attack, he has a weak right foot i teached him the trait "avoid using weak foot" and "uses outside of foot" yet 8/10 plays he does are a byline cross with his weak foot.

how is that what should happen?  IF's acording to their instruction can, cut inside and either dribble, shoot pass, recycle the ball back and the option with the less chance to occour are crosses by line since that role has "cross less often" individual instruction locked yet, thats what they mainly do.

same situation that happens with saka, happens with every player that i use as an inside forward in either flank, i have gabriel jesus on the left, does the same kind of plays than saka, mainly crosses by line when that specific role is not inteded or acording the individual instructions should the less used option, yet they keep focusing mainly on that, crosses by line with their absolute **** foot because ... **** logic?

1) What are you doing wrong. Saka has 13 goals and 11 assists for me as an inverted winger, no extra traits and the only instruction to stay wider.

2) How are you using my logic against me? What you've written has literally nothing to do with what I've said.

3) Players not following instructions doesn't prove that I'm wrong and you're right. It just means the ME isn't carrying out specific instrctions properly or frequently enough. Or maybe it is following that instruction, but you don't see it in highlights. Or maybe it's confirmation bias, and you only recall the instances where the ME has verified a pre-conceived notion you have, ignoring every instance it proves that notion wrong. I don't know.

But players not following instructions has nothing to do with what the ME and the FM devs believe is effective and the norm.

Edited by Ghost4928

1 minute ago, Ghost4928 said:

1) What are you doing wrong. Saka has 13 goals and 11 assists for me as an inverted winger, no extra traits and the only instruction to stay wider.

2) How are you using my logic against me? What you've written has literally nothing to do with what I've said.

3) Players not following instructions doesn't prove that I'm wrong and you're right. It just means the ME isn't carrying out specific instrctions properly or frequently enough. Or maybe it is following that instruction, but you don't see it in highlights. Or maybe it's confirmation bias, and you only recall the instances where the ME has verified a pre-conceived notion you have, ignoring every instance it proves that notion wrong. I don't know.

But players not following instructions has nothing to do with what the ME and the FM devs believe is effective and the norm.

you are saying that crosses are totally ok because "stats from real life" and we should expect players using IFs role to cross with their weak foot mainly because thats exactly what is currently happening.

ill just agree to disagree because u just refuse to use common sense.

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

you are saying that crosses are totally ok because "stats from real life" and we should expect players using IFs role to cross with their weak foot mainly because thats exactly what is currently happening.

ill just agree to disagree because u just refuse to use common sense.

You're talking about 2 entirely different things here that have no link whatsoever.

Really enjoying the game, but finding it too easy at the moment.

I could understand it as I took on Wrexham and used a custom 4-3-3 vertical Tiki-taka - finished the season with 112 points and over 100 goals - didn't lose a game for over 30 matches.  I thought maybe it was due to having players such as Mullin, Jones and Hayden at that level, into the second season and after 12 games had 29pts in League 2 without many real good quality additions and no money to spend.  Also lost James Jones for 200k pre-season.  

Along came Huddersfield, 23rd in the Championship on a 5 game losing run and I got the job - introduced myself to the squad, all very pessimistic and had a bad response to the introduction meeting - no transfer window until January so i thought i had a very difficult job to get them motoring.  Thought i'd introduce the 4-3-3 formation i'd customised and fit the available players in until January.  5 games in and i've won 4 and drawn 1, including beating runaway leaders Newcastle. 

I love a challenge and i'm thinking of reverting back to 4-4-2 in future - i'm no tactical genius and basically went with the custom formation and tweaked a few instructions based on the players.

9 hours ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

Really enjoying the game, but finding it too easy at the moment.

I could understand it as I took on Wrexham and used a custom 4-3-3 vertical Tiki-taka - finished the season with 112 points and over 100 goals - didn't lose a game for over 30 matches.  I thought maybe it was due to having players such as Mullin, Jones and Hayden at that level, into the second season and after 12 games had 29pts in League 2 without many real good quality additions and no money to spend.  Also lost James Jones for 200k pre-season.  

Along came Huddersfield, 23rd in the Championship on a 5 game losing run and I got the job - introduced myself to the squad, all very pessimistic and had a bad response to the introduction meeting - no transfer window until January so i thought i had a very difficult job to get them motoring.  Thought i'd introduce the 4-3-3 formation i'd customised and fit the available players in until January.  5 games in and i've won 4 and drawn 1, including beating runaway leaders Newcastle. 

I love a challenge and i'm thinking of reverting back to 4-4-2 in future - i'm no tactical genius and basically went with the custom formation and tweaked a few instructions based on the players.

Nice one. Maybe you could share your tactic in the sharing centre for me.  I’m absolutely struggling with Bolton, can’t get a win from anywhere and will be sacked pretty soon if it continues.  Although it may be more because all the players hate me. Anyway fun times.