*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Still frustrates me how you can hire one of the best Director of Football staff members in the world and set him to make offers for u18s and u23s but they still try to sign absolutely bang average players which I end up cancelling deals on. Utterly pointless.

I fully agree. 

My backroom is top notch however the players they are trying to sign for my 18'2 / 23's (as Newcastle) are rarely above a 1.5* potential. It's just bizarre that a DoF or Head of Youth would be trying to sign 20 year old lads who have been released from League 1 / Championship clubs.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In Steam, right click the game, go to properties and betas, and just opt in. Be warned though, if you save your game when in that beta, you can't then load it if you opt out. 

It's used when the devs implement some updates that might not be fully ready for a wide release so people can test it. (or at least it was last year)

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

In my experience, they will make those signings to fill out your U23. Same with U18 but at least those youth players usually come with potential. If I keep a short first team the DOF will always go sign backups. I would say that’s the reason why especially since you said he never bids for a 2 star player. 2 star is usually first team football.

Do you leave your DoF to sign and sell players or do you instead recommend targets for your DoF?

22 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Do you leave your DoF to sign and sell players or do you instead recommend targets for your DoF?

Both. I only transfer target players and I only list players that the staff as a whole recommends. Since I am active in seeking out players, the DOF rarely sign players on his own unless we are lacking depth whether that's First team U23 or U18.

Sometimes he'll pull out a signing out of nowhere, I only seek players that my team scouted and its been times where I couldn't find a first team starter at a certain position and he would just sign a quality guy. I guess these players are what's known to him.

6 hours ago, DarJ said:

what do you guys mean by this? I don't think I'm having that problem. What I see is once I click on a player and go back to that screen it applies the filter again and takes about 5 seconds but it comes back to where I stopped and it has always been this way

See mine is going the other way, it returns to the correct point on the screen and lingers for a second or two, before resetting to the top of the page again

46 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Both. I only transfer target players and I only list players that the staff as a whole recommends. Since I am active in seeking out players, the DOF rarely sign players on his own unless we are lacking depth whether that's First team U23 or U18.

Sometimes he'll pull out a signing out of nowhere, I only seek players that my team scouted and its been times where I couldn't find a first team starter at a certain position and he would just sign a quality guy. I guess these players are what's known to him.

Cool cools, how about with selling players that arent listed but a club bids for anyway? Do you leave it to your DoF to accept/reject and then you reject the offer if the DoF accepted it but you don't want to lose the player or do you allow the player to leave if the DoF accepted?

Or are you also setting an asking price for players in addition to the above?

I do think the DoF interaction could be streamlined so that we could discuss who we are and arent willing to lose beforehand.

Edited by Platinum

4 hours ago, Tyburn said:

For those having resetting scout search’s try and ask in the skinners hideout part of the forum.

I vaguely remember last year this happening and a small tweak in the file that controls the search fixed the issue.

If you haven’t already I’d also recommend going to preferences, interface, and unticking “use skin caching” then clear the cache and reload your skin.

Often this can sort out glitches as mentioned. No promises, but worth a try.

Cheers for the advice, actually thought it had worked as it lingered for a full four seconds at the right spot when I clicked but then bam, straight back to the top

Noticing a potential big bug for LLM.

A lot of AI sides getting promoted to the conference/league football moving to other grounds to comply with league regulations... but never doing renovations to their actual ground or building a new one. Simmed 10 years into the future and Bishop Auckland (L2) are playing at Darlington since moving 6 years previous in 2024.

Tooting and Mitcham (L2) playing at Wimbledon since moving 4 years previous after promotion in 2026.

Queen's Park in Scotland now in the Prem moving to St Mirren ground 2 years previous and no planned renovations to lesser hampden/new ground.

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

Cool cools, how about with selling players that arent listed but a club bids for anyway? Do you leave it to your DoF to accept/reject and then you reject the offer if the DoF accepted it but you don't want to lose the player or do you allow the player to leave if the DoF accepted?

Or are you also setting an asking price for players in addition to the above?

I do think the DoF interaction could be streamlined so that we could discuss who we are and arent willing to lose beforehand.

I'll set asking price when prompted but I leave selling players to DOF. Like the transfer target list, I use the unwanted and development list.

3 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Yeah this is basically my feeling. FM20 was genuinely unplayable I stopped playing in December and never came back (it came out late November). Pretty much unheard of for me. I think I've sunk more time into FM22 already than I did into 20 its entire year before FM21 arrived.

FM21 was such a massive improvement over 20 and FM22 is a slight regression from 21 for me but it's light-years away from being the worst version in recent times.

FM19 would also be worse than it even...

This is all pretty fair but I would say that I think 22 is really close to be the best ME and it won't take much to push it above 21. I think that everything outside the feeling of over powered crosses watching the 22 ME feels more like watching real football with the way the game flows, the way the ball is moved, the rebounds and deflects.

Most teams are averaging 50-60 crosses per game

AML/AMR average 20 crosses +

MBappe leads my league with 300 crosses in  17 played games. Take out the ones he was subbed out etc its shocking numbers

I had atleast 10-15 random crashes so far but this is easily fixed. My biggest worry is that AML And AMR do not cut inside and do not play proper football

They cross all the time and the striker positon you can put a dummy there and he can still score goals since he will be recipient of 60 crosses per game and if u whip them there will be tons of tap ins ( who are easily missed)

I like that AML and AMr actually pass across the goal but crossing should be fixed

37 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I'll set asking price when prompted but I leave selling players to DOF. Like the transfer target list, I use the unwanted and development list.

I was referring to when a club bids for a player that isn't in your unwanted list and the DoF accepts it, what you do in that situation?

Just trying to see how people use the DoF in the game.

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

I was referring to when a club bids for a player that isn't in your unwanted list and the DoF accepts it, what you do in that situation?

Just trying to see how people use the DoF in the game.

I leave that up to DOF, most times he rejects those. I never had a situation where he would sell someone that isn't on my unwanted list yet. But I haven't really been much of a feeder team.

Teams would come in a buy some of my youth players and he would accept but those were free transfers.

I just finished in the relegation playoff places in the SPL (embarrassing) and all the post-match media questions are about whether I'm delighted to stay up. I dropped into the playoff on final day and the team in 12th was long gone.

Did nobody notice this during beta?

Then before the playoff final it is suggested I hold a team meeting and one of the options is 'the playoff final gives us a chance to meet our targets and gain promotion', another says 'another chance to win promotion and take club to the next level'.

Absolutely embarrassing.

I tried selecting one of those options and the team are upset because getting promotion was never a target. Why might that have been?

Win the tie and then all the press conference questions are about promoted teams not doing that well and how will I prepare for the new level. Sortitoutsi.

End of the season and my two Scottish players loaned from Old Firm return to their clubs at end of season. Apparently they both gained Scottish nationality during the loan. Both are 100% Scottish with no other nationalities.

I've played about 3 seasons in beta and this is my second season in this save, but its the first season I've  noticed the catalogue of errors.

2 hours ago, Theodore Twombly said:

I just finished in the relegation playoff places in the SPL (embarrassing) and all the post-match media questions are about whether I'm delighted to stay up. I dropped into the playoff on final day and the team in 12th was long gone.

Did nobody notice this during beta?

This and the next 2 posts re clearly linked to the same code error-please report it and it can be looked at

6 hours ago, limey150781 said:

This is all pretty fair but I would say that I think 22 is really close to be the best ME and it won't take much to push it above 21. I think that everything outside the feeling of over powered crosses watching the 22 ME feels more like watching real football with the way the game flows, the way the ball is moved, the rebounds and deflects.

This is also my feeling. But there are some things in it that mean it's not quite above FM21 for me.

At lower levels goalkeepers assist like nobodies business. 

There are well reported issues around possession at the top levels (not seen this in lower leagues).

Near post corners are essentially a goal cheat. Some bloke on YouTube got Donnaruma to score over 40 league goals.

But these are all issues I can either just ignore like the corner exploit or manage around the other two.

So if this is it for the year then I won't be unhappy. If they manage to tweak it and get those issues sorted, it could well be the best ME we've ever had.

The amount of people saying it's unplayable and worst we've had in recent memory is mind blowing.

16 hours ago, autohoratio said:

To add a tiny bit of criticism, while I'm certainly enjoying seeing these chips, one thing I'm not seeing often enough is players trying to round the goalkeeper; 

Really? Ive had one of my players succesfully do it 3 times in the first half of the year...maybe i got lucky 

16 hours ago, Platinum said:

How did you join the public beta and what is it?

16 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In Steam, right click the game, go to properties and betas, and just opt in. Be warned though, if you save your game when in that beta, you can't then load it if you opt out. 

It's used when the devs implement some updates that might not be fully ready for a wide release so people can test it. (or at least it was last year)

I am using the public beta version as the 'proper' version runs extremely slow on my laptop. The support guy reckons when the new patch is out the game will run fine. Really hope so

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

I am using the public beta version as the 'proper' version runs extremely slow on my laptop. The support guy reckons when the new patch is out the game will run fine. Really hope so

Ah @bigmattb28, my slow down problem was sorted!! I pretty much had every match in the World being fully simulated, just double check you haven't got every league in full detail  

I have a question..

I don't see any weather variations on the field.
Even when it rains (downpour) on my field the sun shines.
Is this correct?
Or is it a bug?
Any advice?

Thanks

Edited by teodoro

53 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Reporting a bug literally takes... what... 5 minutes of your time, maybe a few more? But it'd likely save the developers more time if they had examples of a bug that's occurred (or about to occur) rather than having to recreate it on a separate save.

This attitude of "I can't be bothered to report this bug, SI can recreate it themselves" is a big reason why so many bugs stay unfixed.

I mean I reported something that I thought was pretty simple a while back and nothings been done so I can see why people don't see the point of doing it

41 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

I mean I reported something that I thought was pretty simple a while back and nothings been done so I can see why people don't see the point of doing it

Reporting bugs is the best way to get them fixed, anything mentioned here is likely to get overlooked

Not sure what you mean by nothing's done as you dont know this. Traditionally we receive a patch pre Xmas. No idea if this year will be the same but that if it is thats when its likely to be released. 

3 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

I understand that argument during beta, but we're now on first patch of full release already, how long do you expect people to sit there and open a thread after thread for every little nuisance they come across, especially when there's a big chance SI are already aware of the issue internally and they just end up wasting time duplicating threads? This is a game people buy to have fun with in their free time, not a full-time tester job. The game costs €54 on Steam, how dare people expect a finished product and not something that stays in alpha stage until March, right?!

Because the same problem might have different causes and hence it is still worth it to report the problem in case there are multiple causes to the same problem. It is SI responsibility to filter through threads if there are duplicate threads because the player are merely doing what is being asked. If they are aware of the issue it is also their responsibility to inform no more reports of the same bug as simple as that. 

59 minutes ago, teodoro said:

I have a question..

I don't see any weather variations on the field.
Even when it rains (downpour) on my field the sun shines.
Is this correct?
Or is it a bug?
Any advice?

Thanks

This is a bug that has already been raised.

58 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

Unless you have access to the game code, how can you state that any bug is simple to fix?  How do you know nothing has been done?  Only reported bugs that directly affect  how the game runs will merit a hotfix and all others that are fixed will be included in the major updates- None of us know what is and isn't fixed and what is and is not easy to fix.

16 hours ago, Metal said:

Does anyone know how to stop first team plaayers being available for U23? It does it automatically now whereas before you would have to do it manually which I prefer

When you go to Staff>>Responsibilities>>Match is the "automatically make unfit first team players available for this team" ticked under Matchday (U23) ?

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Unless you have access to the game code, how can you state that any bug is simple to fix?  How do you know nothing has been done?  Only reported bugs that directly affect  how the game runs will merit a hotfix and all others that are fixed will be included in the major updates- None of us know what is and isn't fixed and what is and is not easy to fix.

This is true, I don't know what's simple and what isn't. What I do know is the game has been out for almost a month now, and the player search screen isn't useable in the scouting tab due to the reset, I've been told it's a known issue, I've seen updates come out that haven't addressed it. Every other game in existence seems to manage to present a simple filter/search database for functional use, so I just presumed that meant any competent game maker would find it a simple thing

2 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

This is true, I don't know what's simple and what isn't. What I do know is the game has been out for almost a month now, and the player search screen isn't useable in the scouting tab due to the reset, I've been told it's a known issue, I've seen updates come out that haven't addressed it. Every other game in existence seems to manage to present a simple filter/search database for functional use, so I just presumed that meant any competent game maker would find it a simple thing

As I said above, that kind of issue , whilst frustrating, is never going to be rated as an issue worthy of a specific hotfix or mid cycle update.  Making suggestions about the competence of the developers in an issue that you have no knowledge about is also not appreciated, so I suggest that you leave it there and  move on, please.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

As I said above, that kind of issue , whilst frustrating, is never going to be rated as an issue worthy of a specific hotfix or mid cycle update.  Making suggestions about the competence of the developers in an issue that you have no knowledge about is also not appreciated, so I suggest that you leave it there and  move on, please.

It's not just frustrating, I've paid full price for a game with a basic defect that prevents me from using a major feature that prevents me from getting a full game going, and the blasé attitude and usual crying about the slightest criticism is just classic SI

1 minute ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

It's not just frustrating, I've paid full price for a game with a basic defect that prevents me from using a major feature that prevents me from getting a full game going, and the blasé attitude and usual crying about the slightest criticism is just classic SI

So you are saying that the fact that when you check a list and hit the back button and this takes you back to the top of the list instead of where you left off is making the list unusable and preventing you from getting a full game going?  Anyway- just move on now, please

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

This is a bug that has already been raised.

How do you miss a BUG that big?

There is no rain and snow in the game? Litterly half the season is played under snow and rain? On top of it I have to answer questions about the heavy rain when the sun shines likes its 30 degrees .
I am very thankful that the game was on game pass so I did not have to buy for this release. The first FM that I have not bought in a long time

To top of it we still have same ratings issues like last year
We still have AML and AMR not cutting inside and running to byline to attempt 30 crosses per game or pass to the wingback... 
Frustrating is wingbacks perform better as an AMR because they are RIGHT footed players so they can cross properly .. My AML who has 17 finishing but strong right foot and weak left foot cant play and cant cross. All he does is run around and pass to the DL so he can acrually cross . Lets not talk about near post corner goals

This game was the gold standart of good product in the past the last few versions we are going a bad bad path. Last year the game was practically unplayable till March then they still left tons of bugs and weak match engine to work on the new one. NOw we have a new one that has the same bugs as the old one and we have to wait months to fix it

2 hours ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

Yeah, it's never easy, but after they never fixed the number of long range goals in FM20 I kinda see why people might be reluctant. And the fact these things rarely get responded to

Just played a friendly where the opposition had two players sent off, so set my team to attack.

While I did see the issue with teams managing to keep the ball with ease under these situations (the 9 men finished with 51% possession and 91% pass completion vs a team set to control possession) it was nice to see the very obvious difference in highlights when I moved from balanced to attacking. Central defenders were pushing higher up, more players were committing into the box and players were less worried about counter attacks. Nice to see.

4 hours ago, CFuller said:

Reporting a bug literally takes... what... 5 minutes of your time, maybe a few more? But it'd likely save the developers more time if they had examples of a bug that's occurred (or about to occur) rather than having to recreate it on a separate save.

This attitude of "I can't be bothered to report this bug, SI can recreate it themselves" is a big reason why so many bugs stay unfixed.

I'm sorry but that attitude is ridiculous. If a game company's position is that they refuse to fix a bug which I can't upload a save for because I've....played the game I bought....I think that reflects significantly worse on the game company than me.

I know the groupthink in your post is parroted widely here, that doesn't make it right.

The bug exists, SI can choose to fix it or not. They obviously didn't choose to fix it when everyone else playing SPL suffered it.

8 minutes ago, Theodore Twombly said:

I'm sorry but that attitude is ridiculous. If a game company's position is that they refuse to fix a bug which I can't upload a save for because I've....played the game I bought....I think that reflects significantly worse on the game company than me.

I know the groupthink in your post is parroted widely here, that doesn't make it right.

The bug exists, SI can choose to fix it or not. They obviously didn't choose to fix it when everyone else playing SPL suffered it.

I think the challenge here is getting it logged in the bugs forum so SI pick it up as the Devs are very unlikely to see it here in this forum. Im not sure if its already logged or not.The additional saves may help in a quicker issue resolution. I dont think there has been feedback it wont get fixed, but perhaps if its not in the formal bug log it may not do so

Of course its personal choice what anyone does when they find an issue. Personally I find it quite rewarding to find and log one when it eventually gets fixed as its to my benefit and other gamers. Perhaps the greater frustration is to log them and then they dont get fixed

This stupid loan bug is really annoying me now. Teams are so willing to loan out their players then accept pitiful future fees of half of the amount they want in a transfer, it's such a ridiculous bug and allows big teams to hoover up talent for tiny fees. I've just had £15m for Attila Szalai rejected, but Inter have agreed a 1 year loan with a 1-0m future fee?! Raspadori has been loaned out with a £16m future fee but they rejected £24m? It happens so often and it's completely immersion breaking. 

Edited by Bradley21

According to the current test results of FM arena,  Finishing has little impact on the winning rate, but this attribute occupies a very high weight of forecourt players, which is really unacceptable to me

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by DhcSylar

Would really like if SI brought back being able to watch the full match when watching a previous match. Having to watch in a highlight mode means that you have to manually click back in the timeline constantly to try and get around that, because it automatically jumps to the next highlight.

image.png.eb10071a4a5799badb184848a14a1212.png

6 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

The public beta and the new patch are the same thing.

4 hours ago, Toshevbgg said:

How do you miss a BUG that big?

There is no rain and snow in the game?

I've had rain and snow in my matches, so it's likely an issue that only impacts some people.